Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,072 members, 7,814,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4433926 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2356) (2357) (2358) (2359) (2360) (2361) (2362) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
patches689:

One day its an MRAP... next an APC... now an LAPV?

Make your mind up

There is an MRAP (Igirigi & Proforce ARA)

There is also an LAPV or APC ( Proforce PF2).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
patches689:

Consult Augustus's post history

Provide government statements on them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
patches689:

Yeah, well, until you have something more than a random picture of an Igugugug in white I remain unconvinced.

The UN disagrees.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
AugustineAgain:

Nope, the source says :

"It entered service with South African National Defense Forces in 1991. About 44 vehicles were upgraded to the Mk.1B standard."

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/olifant_mk1b.htm

All that was ever upgraded is 44 units total, date of completing the upgrade is irrelevant, you have ONLY 44, finish !

LIAR LAIR PANTS ON FIRE grin
"The first production Mk1b vehicles were completed in early 1991.It is believed that the FIRST production batch of Olifant MK1b amounted to just under 50 vehicles. This upgrade program has now been completed."

www.army-guide.com/eng/product894.html

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
Another US made plane has crashed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
lezz:
Nigerians own their land, run their economy, and has the highest middle class in Africa.

South Africa on the other hand has its economy run by the 7% European settlers, have their lands own by whites and is one of the most unequal countries in the world.

I project the realities of your country to you by echoing your Julius Mal emo, former ANC youth leader.

Nigerians own nothing..Europeans are using your land to build projects like eko Atlantic while you people glue on each other like termites in Mokoko....you can scream on top of your voice about owning the economy but the true reflection on the ground is different...people investing in your country are the ones owning your economy,figure out who they are
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
Henry240:
We can now all put to rest the nonsense talk that Nigeria does not export defence products or nobody outside Nigeria use Nigerian defence products.

Until clear images are released, the message is very clear.

Sorry, I beg to differ. this is not an export. Some of these vehicles were used by Nigerian police in MINUSMA or either now at Somalia AMISOM. grin

[size=20]Where will Nigeria sell all these few vehicles to? The vehicles are only few ooo.[/size]

Nigerian police in Somalia

http://amisom-au.org/2015/01/new-nigerian-police-contingent-conclude-induction-course/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2015
Henry240:

The UN disagrees.

Nigerian forces in the UN
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
patches689:

Nigerian forces in the UN

Streit group vehicles.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
MduZA:

Nigerians own nothing..Europeans are using your land to build projects like eko Atlantic while you people glue on each other like termites in Mokoko....you can scream on top of your voice about owning the economy but the true reflection on the ground is different...people investing in your country are the ones owning your economy,figure out who they are
WTF... Red Altert...

Eko Atlantic - Lagos State govt. initiative...
Developer - south energyx NIG. Ltd...
ALIKO DANGOTE,
FOLORUNSHO ALAKIJA,
MIKE ADENUGA,
JIM OVIA, are all Nigerians.. Industries in NIG..
Talking about Non-African - Nikky Oppenheimer...

""NIGERIANS OWN NOTHING'' - Guy you are Violating my RULE...

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
Henry240:
There is also a new Nigerian MRAP under-development. It is already taking shape, with it's V-Shaped Hull clearly visible.

I will do all that rubbish in my backyard tommorow. It is easy, I will just join steel sheets positioned on the base, that's all.Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!! This is substandard of the highest order.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
ddami:
WTF... Red Altert...

Eko Atlantic - Lagos State govt. initiative...
Developer - south energyx NIG. Ltd...
ALIKO DANGOTE,
FOLORUNSHO ALAKIJA,
MIKE ADENUGA,
JIM OVIA, are all Nigerians.. Industries in NIG..
Talking about Non-African - Nikky Oppenheimer...

""NIGERIANS OWN NOTHING'' - Guy you are Violating my RULE...

tell me one thing that Nigerians own,even your oil is still under control of the British,your shopping malls are owned by south Africans....the only thing that you can boost of is cement....Eko Atlantic belongs to the Europeans,those Nigerian names are just mirrors
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
EVarn:
If things go well,we should be expecting an IFV by 2020,and the ARA MRAP by 2018; I expect testing to take a year or two,then modifications.
Do you know anything about Innoson-Nigerian Military tank contract?

For the IFV, it it's development is on track, we should see it by 2018, for the ARA MRAP, 2016, ending of 2016.

There is no contract with Innoson. Members of the Presidential committee on defence paid him aa visit, and one of the areas they discussed with Innoson motors was the possibility of developing Armoured mobility and utility trucks for the military. Problem is, the committee was a GEJ government initiative.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
MduZA:

tell me one thing that Nigerians own,even your oil is still under control of the British,your shopping malls are owned by south Africans....the only thing that you can boost of is cement....Eko Atlantic belongs to the Europeans,those Nigerian names are just mirrors
hhuu Nig.. Oil is NOT under British control...Out Of 20 richest people in Nig. 10 of them have OIL BLOC..The fed. govt. sells oil that's Y we have Excess Crude oil Acc..if we sell oil above d benchmark price, d excess amount is deposited in DAT Acc.

We have over 18 malls.. *shoprite* only has a SPACE in them dey ve competitors - mymart, park 'n' shop..we also have online retail stores Konga(Nigerian),Kaymu,Jumia..
*MTN* has strong competitors GLO(Nigerian), Etiasalat(Nigerian), airtel...
*DSTV* -- - Actv(Nigerian) ,consat(Nigerian),startimes, MYTV.

NB.. EKO Atlantic Does Not Belong To The Europeans... its not even 4 Federal Govt. it is For Lagos State govt an initiative of 2 former governors ask google...

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Henry240:

For the IFV, it it's development is on track, we should see it by 2018, for the ARA MRAP, 2016, ending of 2016.
There is no contract with Innoson. Members of the Presidential committee on defence paid him aa visit, and one of the areas they discussed with Innoson motors was the possibility of developing Armoured mobility and utility trucks for the military. Problem is, the committee was a GEJ government initiative.
Surely both the IFV and ARA MRAP would need a year or two for testing,modifications and then mass production,isnt 2016 too soon for the MRAP?,fast tracking the project would lead to installation of too many foreign components.
If Buhari retains the committee or its mandate,i'm sure the innoson contract will fall through.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
jln115:

"The first production Mk1b vehicles were completed in early 1991.It is believed that the FIRST production batch of Olifant MK1b amounted to just under 50 vehicles. This upgrade program has now been completed."

www.army-guide.com/eng/product89.html

Dude, there is NOTHING in your above source that talks about your false claims, the citation you posted is talking about T-62 tanks grin grin

"T-62 (Main battle tank)" www.army-guide.com/eng/product89.html

Have you gone maaaaaad ?

Show me source that says SANDF produced more than 44 units of Olifant tanks with COMPOSITE armour grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
AugustineAgain:

Dude, there is NOTHING in your above source that talks about your false claims, the citation you posted is talking about T-62 tanks grin grin

"T-62 (Main battle tank)" www.army-guide.com/eng/product894.html

Have you gone maaaaaad ?

Show me source that says SANDF produced more than 44 units of Olifant tanks with COMPOSITE armour grin grin
Try the link now!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
MduZA:

Eko Atlantic city is a tinubu/ fashola project with foreign investment partnership. Every last molecule of you are made of mediocrity morphing into a brainless Zulu.

Zulu owns nothing, does nothing and means nothing. You have only one billionaire on earth despite being 90% of the population.

Zulus are a reference point on inequality. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
jln115:

Dude! There's no denying that the majority of whites are better of, BUT more and more previously disadvantaged people are becoming millioners every year... In fact from 2013 to 2014 there was a 90% increase of black millioners in SA.

Also the black middle class grows every year exponentially.

What do you expect the government to do, throw whites out of the economy all together?... I mean look how well it turned out for Zimbabwe.
Of all the millionaires in South Africa Zulus+coloured only have 16% despite being 90% of the population.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
lezz:
Of all the millionaires in South Africa Zulus+coloured only have 16% despite being 90% of the population.
Actually Whites make up 69% of the millioners in South Africa, the rest are coloured, Indian and Black.

And I ask you this question again: Do you expect the Government to throw Whites out of the economy entirely?"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
EVarn:
Surely both the IFV and ARA MRAP would need a year or two for testing,modifications and then mass production,isnt 2016 too soon for the MRAP?,fast tracking the project would lead to installation of too many foreign components.
If Buhari retains the committee or its mandate,i'm sure the innoson contract will fall through.

MRAPs are relatively easy to produce. Installing foreign components, the world is self dependant on each other. NNS Centenary might be a chinese made boat, but it's engine and radar are German and British.

Testing on the ARA should have been complete by October-December and then mass productions begin in January/February 2017.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
DictatorZAR:

If its still in design stage why don't they use prototypes like the rest of the modern world until they can say they have a final product.

I think proforce don't have a brain at all.
dude think before you talk. so how do you design a full size prototype? With robotic arms? What about when you want to make design changes to the full size prototype?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
jln115:

Actually Whites make uptg% of the millioners in South Africa, the rest are coloured, Indian and Black.

And I ask you this question again: Do you expect the Government to throw Whites out of the economy entirely?"
Demographics HNWIs 2007* HNWIs 2013* Growth 2007-2013
White Male 35,000 36,500 4%
Previously Disadvantaged 4,300 7,800 81%
White Female 3,500 4,400 26%
Total.

My source tells me Zulu and coloured have only 16% and it's indeed shocking if one is to narrow the demographics to only Zulus without including Indians etc.

To your question; it really shouldn't arise. European settlers built and laid the foundation of south Africa. Zulus on the other hand have a false sense of entitlement; a feeling of being owed by the government. They remember the apartheid era with nostalgia while expecting free meals, housing and unqualified positions in top firms.

How would Julius malemo have such a large following within the zulu circles with his anti white rhetorics?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
Henry120:

MRAPs are relatively easy to produce. Installing foreign components, the world is self dependant on each other. NNS Centenary might be a chinese made boat, but it's engine and radar are German and British.
Testing on the ARA should have been complete by October-December and then mass productions begin in January/February 2017.
Very true.
The contruction of a made in Nigeria IFV would mark a new beginning in Nigeria's defence industry.
We should work towards attracting strong defence companies such as Reutech and Paramount Group into our defence industry,over-reliance on france could be inconvenient on the long run.
PS: For God sake!,someone tell buhari to fund DICON!.What would it take the FG to release $50m for research?!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 11:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
DictatorZAR:

Oh really so now you feel offended by the way I reply to your side chick shame
I forgot you are look a likes.
ur still the the dumbe.st and stup1dest.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
MduZA:

what oil is owned by the British? You mean shell? It's the royal dutch company and it operates in Nigeria in same condition as it operates in the US- under licence.

The shopping mall are all DFI as our middle class is growing faster and your government is arm twisting these giant malls to employ half literate Zulus like you. Nigeria is only a breath of fresh air to them.

Your moniker is a typical Zulu style; ugly-sounding and unimaginative grin

As female Whites have even out number Zulus in millionaire rankings in south Africa, so is a young Nigerian Lady @ddami schooling you here with facts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
lezz:
what oil is owned by the British? You mean shell? It's the royal dutch company and it operates in Nigeria in same condition as it operates in the US- under licence.

The shopping mall are all DFI as our more middle class is growing faster and your government is arm twisting these giant malls to employ half literate Zulus like you. Nigeria is only a breath of fresh air to them.

Your moniker is a typical Zulu still; ungly-sounding and unimaginative grin

As female Whites have even out number Zulus in millionaire rankings in south Africa, so is a young Nigerian Lady @ddami schooling you here with facts.
he actually typed "Your Shopping Malls are owned by South Africans"" and I just knew he has not been to Nigeria before... . 'cos SHOPRITE only RENTS a space in a mall competing with over 20 different stores in that same Mall...

He thinks Nigerians use ONLY MTN, DSTV,SHoprite...

He typed ""The only thing we can boast of is CEMENT"" and am like OKAY, THAT'S IT, AM DONE.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:10am On Jul 01, 2015
ddami:
he actually typed "Your Shopping Malls are owned by South Africans"" and I just knew he has not been to Nigeria before... . 'cos SHOPRITE only RENTS a space in a mall competing with over 20 different stores in that same Mall...

He thinks Nigerians use ONLY MTN, DSTV,SHoprite...

He typed ""The only thing we can boast of is CEMENT"" and am like OKAY, THAT'S IT, AM DONE.
Trust the Soweto resident to embarrass himself.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 01, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

The F-35 Can't Beat The Plane It's Replacing In A Dogfight: Report

We’ve heard of significant shortcomings before with the fighter jet that’s supposed to be America’s future, but this is just as bad as it gets. The F-35 performed so dismally in a dogfight, that the test pilot remarked that the it had pretty much no place fighting other aircraft within visual range.

F-35 Can't Carry Its Most Versatile Weapon Until At Least 2022
Read more
And it’s even worse than a mere maneuverability issue. At one point, the pilot’s helmet was so big he couldn’t even turn his head inside the cockpit.

The test pilot flying the F-35 makes it very clear that the new jet, even in its ideal configuration without any external stores, was no match against a Block-40 F-16C in a less-than-ideal configuration with a pair of under-wing fuel tanks:

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-f-35-cant-beat-the-plane-its-replacing-in-a-dogfigh-1714712248

Patches689 you were saying?

Cc: Agaugust

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 01, 2015
lezz:
Demographics HNWIs 2007* HNWIs 2013* Growth 2007-2013
White Male 35,000 36,500 4%
Previously Disadvantaged 4,300 7,800 81%
White Female 3,500 4,400 26%
Total.

My source tells me Zulu and coloured have only 16% and it's indeed shocking if one is to narrow the demographics to only Zulus without including Indians etc.

To your question; it really shouldn't arise. European settlers built and laid the foundation of south Africa. Zulus on the other hand have a false sense of entitlement; a feeling of being owed by the government. They remember the apartheid era with nostalgia while expecting free meals, housing and unqualified positions in top firms.

How would Julius malemo have such a large following within the zulu circles with his anti white rhetorics?
Old source mate! I'll post the latest HNWI figures later today.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 6:16am On Jul 01, 2015
lezz:

The shopping mall are all DFI as our middle class is growing faster and your government is arm twisting these giant malls to employ half literate Zulus like you. Nigeria is only a breath of fresh air to them.

Your moniker is a typical Zulu style; ugly-sounding and unimaginative grin

friendly advice:if you have got a tendency of using ethnicity to convey your message,dont play that game with me...am neither igbo nor Yoruba...the entire comment of yours clearly shows that you live in the imaginary world therefore its unnecessary to counter your wishful fantasies

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 6:51am On Jul 01, 2015
lezz:
Eko Atlantic city is a tinubu/ fashola project with foreign investment partnership. Every last molecule of you are made of mediocrity morphing into a brainless Zulu.

Zulu owns nothing, does nothing and means nothing. You have only one billionaire on earth despite being 90% of the population.

Zulus are a reference point on inequality. grin

south African millionaires and billionaires don't go around naked to show their wealth...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2356) (2357) (2358) (2359) (2360) (2361) (2362) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.