Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4438156 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2354) (2355) (2356) (2357) (2358) (2359) (2360) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:20am On Jun 30, 2015
Henry240:

It is no a fashion contest. The Igirigi does the job it was built for, and that's all that matters.

There are no specs available yet for the new vehicle, so i have no idea what the STANAG level will be.

Yet you came shopping to SA despite the availability of your monster.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:25am On Jun 30, 2015
Henry120:

Always running emotions all over the place, sometimes, I just can't help but think you are a girl.

6 qualified Pilots comment was made by you M.P, David Maynier of the D.A.

According to Defenceweb the SAAF only has a Gripen Air crew of 18 (Pilots and Navigtors) for 26 planes.

Instead of providing evidence that you have more than 9 qualified pilots, you instead run around this thread b1tching.

Posting photos does not prove that,

A, the Guys in the photos are all pilots

B, they are winged Pilots

C, they are trainee pilots

D, Still flying in active service

E, All Navigators

F, a mix of Pilots and Navigators.

G, are qualified pilots/navigators

H, are only qualified pilots

I, are only qualified Navigators.

I'm your photos do not prove jack sh1t!! Yet, you want us to believe they are all Gripen qualified pilots. Are you retarrded, how is that?

Stop beating about the bush, and provide evidence that SAAF has above 9 qualified Gripen pilots, as SAAF Gripen pilot shortages are well documented!

Then why do you refuse to take Mr Maynier words about the vacant posts of fighter pilots?

Maynier says the reply to his question shows that 48% of posts for combat pilots are vacant (29 of 60 posts). It takes seventeen months to train up a combat pilot.

In addition, 58 of 167 helicopter pilot posts (34%) are currently vacant. He adds that it takes sixteen months to train a helicopter pilot.

Furthermore, 30% of posts for transport pilots are vacant (48 of 156 posts) "and it takes twelve months to train transport pilots."

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-3594/

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-11203/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 30, 2015
FighterPilot:

Have you realised that you have now overstayed your visit. You are boring as hell.
what are you talking about OVERSTAYED......as in overstayed...
Like am a Nigerian..,
This is NAIRAland...,
On this particular thread am just having fun..
.So Mind Your Business...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2015
ddami:
what are you talking about OVERSTAYED......as in overstayed...
Like am a Nigerian..,
This is NAIRAland...,
On this particular thread am just having fun..
.So Mind Your Business...

You deserve just to be ignored.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 30, 2015
lionel4power:
those vehicles are in mass production stage... So that's where the robots and conveyors come in.. Unlike ours which is still in design stage. Use your brain once in a while.

If its still in design stage why don't they use prototypes like the rest of the modern world until they can say they have a final product.

I think proforce don't have a brain at all.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2015
FighterPilot:

You deserve just to be ignored.
and You should be INVISIBLE.....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 30, 2015
mzilakazi:

stupidd fool you have now logged out all your other accounts. You are Evanised lezzbian dummy.
You think:

Am a MAN,
Am a LEZZBIAN.
I am d same person behind 3 monikers,,

How else will I describe a STUPIDd FOOl if not
@mzilakazi

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:46am On Jun 30, 2015
DictatorZAR:

If its still in design stage why don't they use prototypes like the rest of the modern world until they can say they have a final product.

I think proforce don't have a brain at all.

Proforce is still amateurs in the game of defence industry. The usually don't do designs all that they do is to put on an armour on the chassis of other vehicles.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lekkie073(m): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2015
ddami:
You think:

Am a MAN,
Am a LEZZBIAN.
I am d same person behind 3 monikers,,

How else will I describe a STUPIDd FOOl if not mzilakazi
grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Omo na wa o!

grin angry angry
grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
PRODUCTS MADE BY SWEAT AND BLOOD OF SOUTH AFRICANS .....NOT PROUDLY PAKISTAN...CHINA OR WHATEVER

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
SANDF

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
patches689:

We know the T72 uses ERA.

We are talking about modern tanks. Not obsolete tanks.

You were talking about modern tanks, yet you were busy comparing an obsolete T-72 tanks with a modern Challenger tank.

patches689:

You wont see the same catastrophic failure that the T-72 suffered in the video due to superior ammo storage designs in Western MBT's

What sense is in that? Like comparing a MiG-21 jet and a Rafale jet. Fool, every time a tank is to be used to describe bad performance, you mention T-72, you mislead people on internet everywhere.

Well, that is over now, I have stopped you forever and proved you a liar, I have posted photos of western made MBT Centurion tanks beheaded in battle or roasted like suya meat with it's own ammunition exploding inside it.

So, next time you post T-72 flawa, I will reply with photos and videos of British origin Centurion tanks that South Africa uses.

Your SANDF army still has about 200 obsolete Centurion tanks armour as Olifants in service today, you belong to the old tank club grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
patches689:

We know T72 uses ERA, and even with ERA it gets obliterated.

You buffoon that thought that with ERA you have to hit it in the same spot twice - you had no idea that tandem head warheads exists

I already proved that wrong on the other thread, there are different ERA types on different T-72 battle tanks.

"Kontakt-5 ERA are harder to trigger by the precursor charges of tandem warheads, forcing the producers of tandem ATGMs to allocate more mass to precursor charge and, making an MBT more resistant to tandem HEAT warheads."

You spend your time posting personal opinions about T-72, stop misleading people here, when you see Nigerians, be careful what lies you tell.

#Educated For Free By Smarter Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
patches689:

Hahahahahaha

Maybe in 20 years with intensive investment in your military

But as it stands you have a massive backlog to catch up

Ffs - the state of your armor is pig disgusting, a plethorale and obsolete sustems

No major training exercises, limited systems integration etc etc

And lets not even talk about the massive ammount of capacity you need to develop in order to simply operate a submarine...

You are looking at a money pit that is going to take more than a once off $2 billion dollar investment to full

Come back when you have spent an exta $10 billion ontop of your standard budget
Are you scared already? Your Navy has only 30 grade points in Africa, submarines your Zulu ass!!!

Despite your high military budget of about 4 billion dollars at a relatively peaceful era, facing no external enemy, your military is still trailing and keeps failing. As south Africa sinks high in national debt to prove what she's not, incompetence, quota system render the sandf ineffective.

Resolved: Zulus don't have the mental powers to fly advanced aircraft or run a submarine grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
agaugust:

You were talking about modern tanks, yet you were busy comparing an obsolete T-72 tanks with a modern Challenger tank.

What sense is in that? Like comparing a MiG-21 jet and a Rafale jet. Fool, every time a tank is to be used to describe bad performance, you mention T-72, you mislead people on internet everywhere.

Well, that is over now, I have stopped you forever and proved you a liar, I have posted photos of western made MBT Centurion tanks beheaded in battle or roasted like suya meat with it's own ammunition exploding inside it.

So, next time you post T-72 flawa, I will reply with photos and videos of British origin Centurion tanks that South Africa uses.

Your SANDF army still has about 200 obsolete Centurion tanks armour as Olifants in service today, you belong to the old tank club grin grin
Actually most of our tanks are Mk1b and Mk2s that boast advanced composite armour and state of thee art fire control systems.

Mk1As are mostly used for displays and target practice for our Rooivalk.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
jln115:

Actually most of our tanks are Mk1b and Mk2s that boast advanced composite armour and state of thee art fire control systems.

Mk1As are mostly used for displays and target practice for our Rooivalk.

hey dude, stop lying here, we have spent time to thrash out this topic this year.

MOST of SANDF Olifants tanks have the old school RHA obsolete armour, ONLY 44 tanks out of about 230 tanks got new passive armour.

"The Olifant Mk.1B (Elephant) is an upgraded variant of the Olifant Mk.1A tank. About 44 vehicles were upgraded to the Mk.1B standard."

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/olifant_mk1b.htm

What target practice? Your Rooivalks have blown up a whole 150 units of Olifant Mk 1 tanks in target practice? Whom do you wanna fool ?

See your almost 200 units of old school Olifant tanks still in service with NO UPGRADE ARMOUR....try fire ATGM missile on your these your obsolete Olifant tanks or let them fight Abrams tank and Challenger tanks, then we will know if your sardine cans are better than a T-72 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
AugustineAgain:

hey dude, stop lying here, we have spent time to thrash out this topic this year.

MOST of SANDF Olifants tanks have the old school RHA obsolete armour, ONLY about 30 tanks out of about 230 tanks got new passive armour.

What target practice? Your Rooivalks have blown up a whole 150 units of Olifant Mk 1 tanks in target practice? Whom do you wanna fool ?
Actually it's 150+ mk1bs and 26 mk2s...I've posted multiple sources through out the year that supported these claims.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
jln115:

Actually it's 150+ mk1bs and 26 mk2s...I've posted multiple sources through out the year that supported these claims.

LIAR grin grin

"Olifant Mk.1B is an upgraded variant of the Olifant Mk.1A tank. About 44 vehicles were upgraded to the Mk.1B standard."

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
Thiza:
PRODUCTS MADE BY SWEAT AND BLOOD OF SOUTH AFRICANS .....NOT PROUDLY PAKISTAN...CHINA OR WHATEVER

Pakistan and China produce tanks, submarines, and jet fighters, South Africa has NEVER come close to Pakistan's level !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 1:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
FighterPilot:

SOME OF THE SA MADE ARMOURED VEHICLES.

Why not go and show them to Sudan instead of surrendering to Toyota drivers ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
patches689:

Still bragging about scaring off a supply ship?

Is this how pathetic your military is... that you brag about such things?

10 anti-aircraft guns available, yet SAS Drakensberg is afraid of one singe NAF Alpha jet that has no single guided weapon.

Boko Haram with 2 anti-aircraft guns and no single radar still fight back at NAF Alpha jet, why did South African navy run away from Nigerian air force when you have 20 times better anti-aircraft defences and radar for early warning than Boko Haram ?

Means Boko Haram is superior to SANDF grin grin

Sure, at that base in Sudan, if it was Boko Haram instead of SANDF, there will be no decision to surrender without a fight.

I thought your Col. Eben Barlow war master has put Lions courage inside all SANDF men grin grin

All that the world can see is a Chicken Republic Of South Africa grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
AugustineAgain:

Why not go and show them to Sudan instead of surrendering to Toyota drivers ? grin grin

grin gringrin gringrin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
AugustineAgain:

LIAR grin grin

"Olifant Mk.1B is an upgraded variant of the Olifant Mk.1A tank. About 44 vehicles were upgraded to the Mk.1B standard."

Jap 44 upgraded in 1991.. .production of the mk1b continued threw out the nineties.

You cleverly left out that part in your post you fvcking fraud.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
agaugust:

Augustus, we were discussing modern tanks and TOP ATTACK MUNITIONS

A video of the T-72 was posted showing such a top attack

I said that modern tanks would not suffer such a catastrophic failure due to superior western engineering when it comes to securing ammunition (blow out bins and ready rounds v the carousel of the T72)

You then waded in and tried to defend the T72... even though the T72 was not the topic of discussion.... you waded into the conversation like a 9 year old who just walked into the room and wanted to try talk with the adults!! You were completely off topic!!

I told no lies, I wrote no unbiased opion - the T72 is a terrible tank as is proven by its entire combat record.

Indisputable fact.

You can post all the stuff about the Centurion you want - we bough it 60 years ago when it was a top of the line tank and we have plans to replace it with another top of the line tank (leo2). Unlike Nigeria who bought the obsolete T72 in the year 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
AugustineAgain:

MOST of SANDF Olifants tanks have the old school RHA obsolete armour, ONLY 44 tanks out of about 230 tanks got new passive armour.

"The Olifant Mk.1B (Elephant) is an upgraded variant of the Olifant Mk.1A tank. About 44 vehicles were upgraded to the Mk.1B standard."

See your almost 200 units of old school Olifant tanks still in service with NO UPGRADE ARMOUR....try fire ATGM missile on your these your obsolete Olifant tanks or let them fight Abrams tank and Challenger tanks, then we will know if your sardine cans are better than a T-72 grin grin
44 were upgraded in 1991 it say so in your source, production continued threw out the nineties.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
AugustineAgain:

I already proved that wrong on the other thread, there are different ERA types on different T-72 battle tanks.

"Kontakt-5 ERA are harder to trigger by the precursor charges of tandem warheads, forcing the producers of tandem ATGMs to allocate more mass to precursor charge and, making an MBT more resistant to tandem HEAT warheads."

You spend your time posting personal opinions about T-72, stop misleading people here, when you see Nigerians, be careful what lies you tell.

#Educated For Free By Smarter Nigerians

We know all about ERA

And we all know about the performance of the T72 in combat

ERA of all variants doesnt do sh1t - even the Milan can penetrate 1000mm of ERA
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/milan/

The thickest armor on the T72 is 200mm... so unless you have another 1 METER of ERA ontop of that armor - its going to get penetrated.

And because the T72 keeps 22 rounds in a carousel at the base of the crew compartment - any penetration is going to set that off, and guess what the end result is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzPiuYcZeOU

It is no lie, it is a terrible terrible tank that has been obliterated in every battle it has fought in. Its not my opinion - IT IS THE CONSENSUS OF TANK ENTHUSIASTS AND MILITARY PERSONNEL THE WORLD OVER

You can keep saying "o but, compare it to other tanks of its generation"... fact is, its not fighting in the 1970's its fighting in 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
AugustineAgain:

[s]hey dude, stop lying here, we have spent time to thrash out this topic this year.

See your almost 200 units of old school Olifant tanks still in service with NO UPGRADE ARMOUR....try fire ATGM missile on your these your obsolete Olifant tanks or let them fight Abrams tank and Challenger tanks, then we will know if your sardine cans are better than a T-72 [/s] grin grin

Extensive olifant upgrade has been proven many times.

Stop wasting our time with old arguments

Consult the archives.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
AugustineAgain:

When did we surrender to toyota drivers?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
jln115:

Jap 44 upgraded in 1991.. .production of the mk1b continued threw out the nineties.

Nope, the source says :

"It entered service with South African National Defense Forces in 1991. About 44 vehicles were upgraded to the Mk.1B standard."

All that was ever upgraded is 44 units total, date of completing the upgrade is irrelevant, you have ONLY 44, finish !

LIAR LAIR PANTS ON FIRE grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
AugustineAgain:

[s]10 anti-aircraft guns available, yet SAS Drakensberg is afraid of one singe NAF Alpha jet that has no single guided weapon.

Boko Haram with 2 anti-aircraft guns and no single radar still fight back at NAF Alpha jet, why did South African navy run away from Nigerian air force when you have 20 times better anti-aircraft defences and radar for early warning than Boko Haram ?

Means Boko Haram is superior to SANDF grin grin

Sure, at that base in Sudan, if it was Boko Haram instead of SANDF, there will be no decision to surrender without a fight.

I thought your Col. Eben Barlow war master has put Lions courage inside all SANDF men grin grin

All that the world can see is a Chicken Republic Of South Africa [/s] grin grin

Still bragging about scaring off a supply vessel?

Shows how little there is to brag about in terms of Nigerian Military achievements
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
jln115:

[size=20pt]#EXPOSED[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (2354) (2355) (2356) (2357) (2358) (2359) (2360) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.