Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4434847 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2466) (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) (2472) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
EVarn:
My guess is that you are jealous and butthurt.
Whatever you say doesnt change the fact that AFIT is building a light surveillance aircraft locally.
Soon,Nigeria will build Africa's first 4++ generation combat aircraft.

This statement pretty much sums up the quality of posters for this topic. It's either a genuine, innocent misunderstanding of the immense complexities involving the construction of a 4th generation fighter (engineering capabilities that a decades away) OR you are purposefully making outrageous claims just for the sake of being a troll.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

Reality where? Nigeria is not building any fighter jet, neither does it have an industry. I say again, it is good to dream.
Mumu!,I didnt say we are building any fighter jet right now,i was only alluding to technological development that would eventually make us achieve such a monumental feat in the very near future.
Afterall,Pakistan has succeeded in building their own modern multirole fighter jet,and they are even upgrading it by incorporating AESA radar and other modern avionics.
We have built hi-tech surveillance drones,spy robots and unmanned bomb-detecting vehicles; how many of these has your precious DENEL and paramount built so far?
All we see from DENEL is french,swiss and german electronic components tossed together to produce caricature imitations of military hardware.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
ssaengine:
This statement pretty much sums up the quality of posters for this topic. It's either a genuine, innocent misunderstanding of the immense complexities involving the construction of a 4th generation fighter (engineering capabilities that a decades away) OR you are purposefully making outrageous claims just for the sake of being a troll.
What is outrageous my comment?
Pakistan does not even have a developed automobile industry; yet they have made tanks,missiles and a modern combat aircraft that can strike anywhere in west asia without refueling,while india is still grapling with tejas.
We have successfully built surveillance drones and unmanned ground vehicles,an IFV and light surveillance aircraft are already in development: it takes high technological know-how to achieve such feats.
My comment was issued based on increasing technical capacity of AFIT,i didnt say we will build a combat jet overnight,but we will,especially by partnering with any technology power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
EVarn:
Mumu!,I didnt say we are building any fighter jet right now,i was only alluding to technological development that would eventually make us achieve such a monumental feat in the very near future.
Afterall,Pakistan has succeeded in building their own modern multirole fighter jet,and they are even upgrading it by incorporating AESA radar and other modern avionics.
We have built hi-tech surveillance drones,spy robots and unmanned bomb-detecting vehicles; how many of these has your precious DENEL and paramount built so far?
All we see from DENEL is french,swiss and german electronic components tossed together to produce caricature imitations of military hardware.

You cannot compare your scrapyard you call defence industry with DENEL. Whatever that you produced ended in Nigeria with less than 10 units of each items you mentioned. DENEL produced in large quantities and so far is known as the biggest arms manufacturer in Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
EVarn:
What is outrageous my comment?
Pakistan does not even have a developed automobile industry; yet they have made tanks,missiles and a modern combat aircraft that can strike anywhere in west asia without refueling,while india is still grapling with tejas.
We have successfully built surveillance drones and unmanned ground vehicles,an IFV and light surveillance aircraft are already in development: it takes high technological know-how to achieve such feats.
My comment was issued based on increasing technical capacity of AFIT,i didnt say we will build a combat jet overnight,but we will,especially by partnering with any technology power.

Again. You are out of your depth when it comes to this topic. And I'm not even trying to be rude to you, just being honest. The so-called technological know how needed to build what you have built does not come close to anything needed to design and built a 4th gen fighter. How many Phd's does Nigeria have specializing in flutter control for example? How many Nigerian doctors can submit a paper on super sonic shock formation tomorrow? It will take much more than 3 or 4 of such skilled people to even begin conceptual design.You said soon. Even with an international partner, Nigeria is simply unable to develop such a system even for the next 20 years. Its a simple fact.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
ssaengine:
Again.You are out of your depth when it comes to this topic.And I'm not even trying to be rude to you,just being honest.The so-called technological know how needed to build what you have built does not come close to anything needed to design and built a 4th gen fighter.How many Phd's does Nigeria have specializing in flutter control for example?How many Nigerian doctors can submit a paper on super sonic shock formation tomorrow? It will take much more than 3 or 4 of such skilled people to even begin conceptual design.You said soon.Even with an international partner,Nigeria is simply unable to develop such a system even for the next 20 years.Its a simple fact.
Pakistan did it,surely we can also do it too.
India sent a spacecraft on merry visit to mars,but with all its technological 'might',india is still unable to rival the paks in technological innovations: they import 80% of their military hardware and components.
MY POINT: technology is a product of necessity,not phd.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

Boko Haram was defeated through the obvious and general use of South African mercenaries.
soo,, I have been a guest on NL for some mnths but really this post tempted me to join..,,,,

Don't get it TWISTED,,,,
BH was defeated by NIGERIAN, CHADIAN and CAMEROONIAN army,,, Not what you have up there.. Thanks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
mzilakazi:
You cannot compare your scrapyard you call defence industry with DENEL.Whatever that you produced ended in Nigeria with less than 10 units of each items you mentioned.DENEL produced in large quantities and so far is known as the biggest arms manufacturer in Africa.
Oliphant is obsolete,Rooivalk was a disaster,Mokopa is a laughable piece of junk; tell me what lasting legacy has the 'almighty' DENEL produced so far?
DENEL is the biggest arm manufacturer in Africa because it is a local champion; afterall,in a city full of f00ls,the brightest f00l would always be the leader.But in the end,he is still a f00l.
DENEL manufactures small arms in large quantity,but large arms in tiny quantity,what sort of defence company is that?
Our 'backyard' defence industry has been able to manufacture drones that can operate round the country and into neighbouring countries without anybody knowing anything.we have a home-made UGV,a technology that Russia is still grappling to perfect.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
toopsy22:
soo,, I have been a guest on NL for some mnths but really this post tempted me to join..,,,,

Don't get it TWISTED,,,,
BH was defeated by NIGERIAN, CHADIAN and CAMEROONIAN army,,, Not what you have up there.. Thanks.

Nope, sweety. BH was defeated by SA mercenaries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
EVarn:
Pakistan did it,surely we can also do it too.
India sent a spacecraft on merry visit to mars,but with all its technological 'might',india is still unable to rival the paks in technological innovations: they import 80% of their military hardware and components.
MY POINT: technology is a product of necessity,not phd.

Pakistan never built a jet. China has done it for them
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
EVarn:
Oliphant is obsolete,Rooivalk was a disaster,Mokopa is a laughable piece of junk; tell me what lasting legacy has the 'almighty' DENEL produced so far?
DENEL is the biggest arm manufacturer in Africa because it is a local champion; afterall,in a city full of f00ls,the brightest f00l would always be the leader.But in the end,he is still a f00l.
DENEL manufactures small arms in large quantity,but large arms in tiny quantity,what sort of defence company is that?
Our 'backyard' defence industry has been able to manufacture drones that can operate round the country and into neighbouring countries without anybody knowing anything.we have a home-made UGV,a technology that Russia is still grappling to perfect.

Who said Mokopa is junk? Denel technology is everywhere even there in Nigeria has its own legacy. Denel manufactures thousands of armoured vehicles that you see all over the world.

I give you just only paramount and will kill all your defence companies in Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
THE POWER OF DENEL.

KILLING FROM FAR DISTANCES OF OVER 120 KM.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

Pakistan never built a jet. China has done it for them
China only helped in incorporating some avionics; infact,a part of the advanced avionics used{including the engine} were purchased from Russia by the Chinese.
No country has the monopoly of technology.
Pakistan engineers designed the JF-17 with minimum input from their Chinese counterparts,and soon,they are going to incorporate Italian AESA radar system into the advanced block type.
It was a Sino-Pakistani effort,not a solely Chinese product.
Infact,Pakistan has just gained the technology it needs to build its next 100% locally made 4++ and 5th generation combat aircrafts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
EVarn:
China only helped in incorporating some avionics; infact,a part of the advanced avionics used{including the engine} were purchased from Russia by the Chinese.
No country has the monopoly of technology.
Pakistan engineers designed the JF-17 with minimum input from their Chinese counterparts,and soon,they are going to incorporate Italian AESA radar system into the advanced block type.
It was a Sino-Pakistani effort,not a solely Chinese product.
Infact,Pakistan has just gained the technology it needs to build its next 100% locally made 4++ and 5th generation combat aircrafts.

You are a liar. China built the junk fighter.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
ssaengine:

Again. You are out of your depth when it comes to this topic. And I'm not even trying to be rude to you, just being honest. The so-called technological know how needed to build what you have built does not come close to anything needed to design and built a 4th gen fighter. How many Phd's does Nigeria have specializing in flutter control for example? How many Nigerian doctors can submit a paper on super sonic shock formation tomorrow? It will take much more than 3 or 4 of such skilled people to even begin conceptual design.You said soon. Even with an international partner, Nigeria is simply unable to develop such a system even for the next 20 years. Its a simple fact.

Although I don't agree with Evarn's post on the 4++ fighter, I however refuse the premise of your own rebuttal.

Nigeria has continued to defy logic, in 1999 nobody believed that Nigeria could produce sh1t......... yes[b] SHIT!!!!!!!![/b] in any sector, not to even talk of the military. In 1999 only debts were in the minds of Nigerians, but today, the Nigerian Airforce is currently developing it's very own Trainer/ Surveillance plane. Nigerian military systems non-existent in the battlefield, have now become BASIC common place in todays battlefield, From LAV's - Igirigi MRAPs - Drones - IPVs- Ships - Tug boats - Infantry systems - to complex Nigerian designed and deployed surveillance systems in the eastern naval command.

Can Nigeria build a 4++ generation fighter in the coming years...... The answer to this question is simply, Nobody knows. I do not know!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

Who said Mokopa is junk? Denel technology is everywhere even there in Nigeria has its own legacy. Denel manufactures thousands of armoured vehicles that you see all over the world.
I give you just only paramount and will kill all your defence companies in Nigeria.
Everyone knows that the mokopa is an overpriced piece of junk rejected by everyone except the defunct SAAF and miserly Algerian navy: Many countries have favoured the 'inferior' hellfire missile simply because the mokopa can hardly be maintained or even sustained for long.
In an age where countries are striving to acquire thermobaric weapon technology,mokopa is an obsolete javelin.
lol,DENEL armoured vehicles are nothing but french thin-skinned trucks that were cloaked in dubious steel armour and fitted with large tyres,then sold at an exhorbitant rate to ignorant wide-eyed militaries.it is corporate thievery,i tell you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
[url][/url]
EVarn:
Everyone knows that the mokopa is an overpriced piece of junk rejected by everyone except the defunct SAAF and miserly Algerian navy: Many countries have favoured the 'inferior' hellfire missile simply because the mokopa can hardly be maintained or even sustained for long.
In an age where countries are striving to acquire thermobaric weapon technology,mokopa is an obsolete javelin.
lol,DENEL armoured vehicles are nothing but french thin-skinned trucks that were cloaked in dubious steel armour and fitted with large tyres,then sold at an exhorbitant rate to ignorant wide-eyed militaries.it is corporate thievery,i tell you.

Garbage at its best

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
Denel's killer drone.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
EVarn:

DENEL'S SOFT SKINNED ARMOURED VEHICLES IN UN COLOURS

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

You are a liar. China built the junk fighter.
No amount of screaming and kicking will change the fact that the JF-17 is a sino-pakistani effort.
Pakistan has no defence industry as "advanced" as DENEL,yet they have made many defence analysts raise shocked eyebrows.
If the US were to declare conventional war on Nigeria today,we would be forced to roll up our sleeves and unleash staggering technological innovations to ensure our survival.Technology is driven by necessity.
lol,you call me a liar?,last year december,both you and patches were snivelling about your non-existent project biro; you said that project biro was poised to resume bidding process and consequently begin implementation early this year,today is july 31st 2015,and project biro has mysteriously vanished into thin dry air,tell me who is the liar among us?.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

Nope, sweety. BH was defeated by SA mercenaries.
I don't expect you to say otherwise.. but
for a war we've been fighting for over 5years,, you come up for a month and I start to hear a story of SA mercenaries defeated BH.wow.,,,,

The Nigerian, Chadian, Cameronian army who lost their lives and those still fighting on the FRONTLINE would get that Glory..,,,,
FOR OUR TOMORROW, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAY..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
Msauza:
[url][/url]
Garbage at its best
Prove otherwise,and I will take you seriously.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
toopsy22:
I don't expect you to say otherwise.. but
for a war we've been fighting for over 5years,, you come up for a month and I start to hear a story of SA mercenaries defeated BH.wow.,,,,

The Nigerian, Chadian, Cameronian army who lost their lives and those still fighting on the FRONTLINE would get that Glory..,,,,
FOR OUR TOMORROW, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAY..

Sweety pie, President Badluck Jonathan contracted SA mercenaries after having exhausted all avenues to push back the terrorists but all to no avail. He had no choice but to call Mr Barlow to help him push terrorists to the dead end so that there could be elections in Nigeria. The SA mercenaries are well known for using Reva armoured vehicle as their signature fighter vehicle.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

DENEL'S SOFT SKINNED ARMOURED VEHICLES IN UN COLOURS
Igirigi APCs have also been incorporated into UN logistics arsenal.But at least Igirigi is 100% viva nigeriana,DENEL is cramming foreign components into large tin cans with extra tyres and brandishing them to the world as indigenous armoured vehicles!.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
EVarn:
Prove otherwise,and I will take you seriously.

The space is too small to post the range of all Denel armoured vehicles.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
EVarn:
Igirigi APCs have also been incorporated into UN logistics arsenal.But at least Igirigi is 100% viva nigeriana,DENEL is cramming foreign components into large tin cans with extra tyres and brandishing them to the world as indigenous armoured vehicles!.

Oh!!! My stomach, I don't think Nigeria has built even more than ten (10) igirigiris. Bwahahaha!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
Msauza:

The space is too small to post the range of all Denel armoured vehicles.
You dont have proof,admit it.
Except you manage to lay hands on a blueprint.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Casper armoured vehicle in America.

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/casper-armored-vehicle-blocks-the-road-terry-moore.html

The old Casper is still charming Americans.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

Oh!!! My stomach, I don't think Nigeria has built even more than ten (10) igirigiris. Bwahahaha!!!
What proof do you have to support your spurious claims?,I can personally attest to the fact that the Nigerian Police and MOPOL units operate a lofty number of Igirigi APCs,add that to the number of igirigis in the military arsenal and those that have been sold to the UN and you will have a large number.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

Sweety pie, President Badluck Jonathan contracted SA mercenaries after having exhausted all avenues to push back the terrorists but all to no avail. He had no choice but to call Mr Barlow to help him push terrorists to the dead end so that there could be elections in Nigeria. The SA mercenaries are well known for using Reva armoured vehicle as their signature fighter vehicle.
President's Jonathan's tenure was full of corrupt people ..one of the reasons why he became the first incumbent to be defeated by an opposition, d $15m,$5m all has corrupt issues in it.,,,,
I don't know who Barlow is but all I know is that the army who fought esp. those who lost their lives WON the war.. of course you could be recognized for coming but to now state that 'you defeated BH'.. Nope,,, whatever defeat you think you have won't exceed s.a, that's it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
DENEL CASSPIR MK6

DOES EVAN HAVE ANYTHING TO MATCH MAYBE?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2466) (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) (2472) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.