Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4437912 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) (2656) (2657) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:53am On Oct 07, 2015
agaugust:

Stop telling lies against me dude !

It was your Southie guy Patches who was repeatedly posting photos of Nigerian troops in Konduga without helmet, claiming they were in a red zone, whereas the men were marching just outside their base on a long trip to engage the enemy, so they took off their helmets where it was still safe.

I explained many times to Patches but he kept insisting that the location where even the Vice News Journalist took off his own helmet too is a red zone, who can go into danger of bullets without helmet, does that make any sense?

When you fellow Southies start a foolish argument you will not correct them at that time, buy when Nigerians hit back, you say we started it.

You liar.

1. Do you want me to start quoting the Vice doccie? They were moving on to attack

2. How can you say they took it off of they are not carrying any equipment? Is it floating next to them via the means of strong juju magic?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:55am On Oct 07, 2015
agaugust:

None is wearing private clothes, Nigerian army issues many types of different clothing for various needs of soldiers in various conditions.

Out of the 300 troops, may be we see only 3 men adding colour clothing to their army camo, it's a personal thing and does not affect his mobility, he could just remove it before leaving that safe zone and put it in his bag or dump it in their Toyota truck. I have not seen any Nigerian troops wearing red clothes in combat.

"Its ok for soldiers to wear civilian clothing because they are not properlly equipped"

#Militia
#PeasantArmy
#NiFailIan

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:00am On Oct 07, 2015
agaugust:

"David Maynier, the shadow Minister of Defence and Military Veterans told IRIN that the South African police had "raised the white flag" on their attempt to impose border security. "

http://www.irinnews.org/report/89262/south-africa-troops-reinforcing-a-porous-and-dangerous-border

white flag = surrender .

Dummy

Yes

On the border

You werent talking about the border when you said the surrendered

Tisk tisk

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:01am On Oct 07, 2015
agaugust:

The point is that you jumped into an argument between THIZA and me, the original argument was Nigeria vs SA.

Don't jump into other people's argument and distort it, use your head.

Just like how any argument about airpower you bring up angolan Su30's

I thought this was Nifailia v South Africa
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:05am On Oct 07, 2015
agaugust:

Any report published that does not favour SANDF is written by an enemy according to your own opinion.

What then about THIZA's article saying Nigerian army is worse equipped than Boko Haram, that one is good to post here and correct info?

Do you know who David is and what his policy is?

Its policy you clown, it was shifted from SANDF to SAPS under one administration under the notion of pan-african and then shifted back to the SANDF under the next due to the fact that tens of thousands of refugees cross our border on a monthly basis

These things happen all the time - changing threat environments result in changing responses
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:06am On Oct 07, 2015
[img][/img]
agaugust:

Large numbers of South African troops showed high level indiscipline few weeks ago in Congo DRC by breaking military rules and were deported in shame back to your country.

Lol - 50 soldiers

Do you want me to dig up the story of "hundreds" of your men doing the EXACT same thing and NOT being punished?

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:45am On Oct 07, 2015
agaugust:

Any report published that does not favour SANDF is written by an enemy according to your own opinion.

What then about THIZA's article saying Nigerian army is worse equipped than Boko Haram, that one is good to post here and correct info?

My point exactly. Maynier is officially an opposition to the current government. Do you expect him to say anything positive? Nope. He will mislead the public with wrong information especially the likes of agubugibu.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2015
SANDF SPECIAL FORCES

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
AFRICA'S BEST EXPERIENCED, best armed, best equipped, best trained, the special forces of Nigeria !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Has anyone seen the new update on DHQ website?,how the hell did BH acquire cluster bombs?,even ISIL that has a caliphate does not possess cluster munitions!!.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
NEWS REPORT: BH liason Abu Khaled Al Amriki,killed by drone strike near raqqa stadium in Syria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
EVarn:
NEWS REPORT: BH liason Abu Khaled Al Amriki,killed by drone strike near raqqa stadium in Syria.
lol did he call in for the drone strike that killed him himself? Unfortunate terrorist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 3:10am On Oct 09, 2015
agaugust:
AFRICA'S BEST EXPERIENCED, best armed, best equipped, best trained, the special forces of Nigeria !

According to agaugust and not according to the world. Special forces only become the best when they were facing an experienced well armed enermy that is highly trained to the world standard. Boko does not satisfy any of those descriptions and requirements. I hope it would suffice to say your special forces are only best to the level of Boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:41am On Oct 09, 2015
agaugust:

"because i say so"

please
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 09, 2015
Patchesagain:

"because i say so"

please

Who is better?

Who is better trained, better equipped or better experienced than Nigerian Special Forces soldiers on this continent?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 09, 2015
Henry120:

Who is better?

Who is better trained, better equipped or better experienced than Nigerian Special Forces soldiers on this continent?

Let's start by selection criteria, training methods, terrain.

Tell me which sub saharan nation also train there SF to be deployed from subs. Which sub sahara country has the history of being deployed against Russian, Ukrainian, Angolan and Vietnamese SF units in its history.

Lastly show me one african SF unit that has ZT-3 and starstreak systems at there disposal.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 8:33am On Oct 09, 2015
Henry120:

[s] Who is better?

Who is better trained, better equipped or better experienced than Nigerian Special Forces soldiers on this continent?[/s]

You can start by outlining their training and equipment

Sh1t brah... you really think they compare to guys who do HALO jumps from C130's and then get picked up by sub's while maintaining strict radio silence?

Dude, you guys dont even have air-deployable light (armored) tactical vehicals

And no star-streak or Milan

And no record sniper kills cool

And no history of completeing Baha 500's (500km round trip foot infiltrations behind enemy lines) or the extensive knowledge and tactics developed for long range raiding

I doubt your guys can compare to the special task force, let alone the Recce's

5 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:34am On Oct 09, 2015
Henry120:

Who is better?

SA special forces

Egyptian Special forces

Algerian Special forces

Ethiopian special forces.

Zim special forces and the list is endless.

Nigerian special forces are not even older than my four year old son. Your special forces are even inferior to just a handful of soldiers that Eeben Barlow trained.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
FighterPilot:

than my four year old son.

Congratulations!

You immature, illiterate sh*t-head, so a lady actually agreed to get married to you and bore you a son........ That's wonderful!

Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
Henry120:

Congratulations!

You immature, illiterate sh*t-head, so a lady actually agreed to get married to you and bore you a son........ That's wonderful!

Congrats!

Am I wrong to say that your special forces are not even over four years old?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
DictatorZAR:

Let's start by selection criteria, training methods, terrain.

Tell me which sub saharan nation also train there SF to be deployed from subs. Which sub sahara country has the history of being deployed against Russian, Ukrainian, Angolan and Vietnamese SF units in its history.

Lastly show me one african SF unit that has ZT-3 and starstreak systems at there disposal.

Dictatorzoo!!! The SANDF does not have an advanced seal delivery vehicle.

You cannot compare the level of training Nigerian Special forces undergo to the rudimentary training your special forces receive.

Nigerian forces are Air, Sea, Land, Swamp, Creek, Desert and underwater compliant. They are heads and shoulders the best trained and experienced soldiers on the continent.

Dictatorzoo, you cannot in one had want to claim Apartheid army achievements and on the other hand vilify the Apartheid regime as despotic and un-African.

ATGMs are nothing. Nigerian special forces have dedicated transport and assault helo assets.

Why don't you beat that?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Henry120:

Dictatorzoo!!! The SANDF does not have an advanced seal delivery vehicle.
You cannot compare the level of training Nigerian Special forces undergo to the rudimentary training your special forces receive.
Nigerian forces are Air, Sea, Land, Swamp, Creek, Desert and underwater compliant. They are heads and shoulders the best trained and experienced soldiers on the continent.
Dictatorzoo, you cannot in one had want to claim Apartheid army achievements and on the other hand vilify the Apartheid regime as despotic and un-African.
ATGMs are nothing. Nigerian special forces have dedicated transport and assault helo assets.
Why don't you beat that?

If you know your military history very well you will come to know indisputably that SANDF has the best special forces in Africa that even surpass those of Egypt. Go and ask your commanders about the recces. You can never compare your 4 year old special forces to the recces that have been existing for over 40 years
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
Patchesagain:

You can start by outlining their training and equipment

Sh1t brah... you really think they compare to guys who do HALO jumps from C130's and then get picked up by sub's while maintaining strict radio silence?

Dude, you guys dont even have air-deployable light (armored) tactical vehicals

And no star-streak or Milan

And no record sniper kills cool

And no history of completeing Baha 500's (500km round trip foot infiltrations behind enemy lines) or the extensive knowledge and tactics developed for long range raiding

I doubt your guys can compare to the special task force, let alone the Recce's

Why don't you begin outlining your training and equipment?

Nigerian special operations units conduct High altitude jumps into target areas in actual combat scenarios all the time. They, across all services are airborne qualified.

Last I checked, ATVs and Dirt bikes are air-deployable assets. Dummy!

A Navy sub-lt in Nigeria's SBS took a target of over 1 KM with a 600 meter kill range sniper rifle. With Anti-material rifles, shots at over 2KM most likely are nothing, when we take into account the skill of that Navy SUB-LT.

You can only brag about a kill, when it's actually a proper kill. You don't celebrate an under 400 meters kill, when the rifle has an effective 500 meters range.

Your SANDF Recce have no battlefield experience, how can we judge them based on some nut-heads imagination.

Your Recce are as inept, incompetent, poorly trained and poorly experienced as the rest of the SANDF.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
FighterPilot:

Am I wrong to say that your special forces are not even over four years old?

The 3rd commando regiment have been in action since 1967, they saw active action led by then Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo in the Nigerian civil war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ask the whole world and even the best commandos in the world about who is the best in tracking the enemy. Who has the skill to read the tracks and tell how many people were there and what direction they went. The same technique that was used to track Boko haram in Nigeria without technological equipments, only by just the art that was leant from our fore fathers, our forebears. The art that various special forces across the world came to learn from us.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
Henry120:

The 3rd commando regiment have been in action since 1967, they saw active action led by then Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo in the Nigerian civil war.

Nigeria's special forces is 4 years old and I can prove you wrong if you want to.

Do you even know where the word "commando" come from?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…

You won't believe this. In fact Nigeria's special forces are only one year old as in 2015 having established in 2014.

Way younger than my four year old son.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/168110-nigeria-to-establish-special-forces-brigade-to-counter-boko-haram.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
FighterPilot:

Nigeria's special forces is 4 years old and I can prove you wrong if you want to.

Do you even know where the word "commando" come from?

Retarrrd!

Is this what you tell your 4 years old son at home? "That a commando regiment formed before and which saw action in the Nigerian civil war is 4 years old?

I mean, which lady was so unfortunate, that she agreed to bear you a child?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
FighterPilot:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…

You won't believe this. In fact Nigeria's special forces are only one year old as in 2015 having established in 2014.

Way younger than my four year old son.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/168110-nigeria-to-establish-special-forces-brigade-to-counter-boko-haram.html

"The 3rd Marine Commando
was stretched across a vast area of
jungle and riverain creeks called the
“southern front” extending 150 miles
from the Orashi river through Owerri,
Aba and Ikot Ekpene to Itu along the
Cross-River.
Amphibious landings by the Nigerian
marines led by Major Isaac Adaka Boro
captured the Niger Delta cities of
Bonny, Okrika and Port Harcourt on 26
July 1967. The Bonny landing of July
1967 was hailed as the first such
operation by any Third World country.
The 3 Marine Commando landing at
Bonny was the first large scale
amphibious operation planned and
executed by the Nigerian Armed Forces."
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Does henry even know that historically all African armed forces never made use of special forces because they could not afford the kind of training that produces a fully qualified special operator, but except only one country and that was South Africa. SA from the beginning was more of a European than African and used to measure every of their progress in accordance with European standard.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
Henry120:

"The 3rd Marine Commando
was stretched across a vast area of
jungle and riverain creeks called the
“southern front” extending 150 miles
from the Orashi river through Owerri,
Aba and Ikot Ekpene to Itu along the
Cross-River.
Amphibious landings by the Nigerian
marines led by Major Isaac Adaka Boro
captured the Niger Delta cities of
Bonny, Okrika and Port Harcourt on 26
July 1967. The Bonny landing of July
1967 was hailed as the first such
operation by any Third World country.
The 3 Marine Commando landing at
Bonny was the first large scale
amphibious operation planned and
executed by the Nigerian Armed Forces."

Everyone then enjoyed the honour of calling himself a commando irrespective of whether he met the requirements or not. Even at amateur level of football you encounter Rinaldos, Messi, etc. Nigerian so called commandos was more of a name than the training they received and certainly none of them could show any skill of a highly trained operator let alone sky diving.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
Henry120:

[s]Dictatorzoo!!! The SANDF does not have an advanced seal delivery vehicle.

Why don't you beat that?[/s]

"because I say so"

Citations or get out

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) (2656) (2657) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.