Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2928) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4437975 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:57am On May 04, 2016
WHAT NIGERIA CLAIMS TO BE INDIGENOUS

1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:58am On May 04, 2016
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DonBobes(m): 1:41pm On May 04, 2016
Thiza:
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE

Wen will u hv som sense thiza, alwys comin to post pix of SA trainin and doin nothin physical with d Equipment,all ur equipment r Jst for fancy and deco. Try to stop it abeg. We hv nt seen ur men use dis equipment in action except deco!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:00pm On May 04, 2016
DonBobes:

Wen will u hv som sense thiza, alwys comin to post pix of SA trainin and doin nothin physical with d Equipment,all ur equipment r Jst for fancy and deco. Try to stop it abeg. We hv nt seen ur men use dis equipment in action except deco!

Pics from operastional areas are rare and even more rarely seen online. You need approval to post them and doing so with out permission could land you in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DonBobes(m): 2:27pm On May 04, 2016
andrewza:

Pics from operastional areas are rare and even more rarely seen online. You need approval to post them and doing so with out permission could land you in trouble.

Ok
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 3:11pm On May 04, 2016
Thiza:
Senior leaders of the Air Force cannot explain why Nigeria even needs an Air Force, but they continue to pursue combat aircraft to battle an unknown threat. Nigeria has an Air Force with few functional aircraft. The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is largely irrelevant. Most of the Generals are pilots who feel the need to focus on fighter aircraft to protect Nigerian airspace against foreign incursion (by whom they won't say). With the exception of the helicopter fleet being used in the Niger Delta, most of NAF's aircraft are non-functional. There are six times as many general officers and flag officers in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) and Nigerian Navy (NN) as there are operational ships and aircraft.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/nigeria/air-force.htm

Another brain touch from another south African, for a country that is fighting insurgency and there is need why the country needs an airforce. Definitely u av more than a brain touch and with ur posted link.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:17pm On May 04, 2016
bidexiii:

Another brain touch from another south African, for a country that is fighting insurgency and there is need why the country needs an airforce. Definitely u av more than a brain touch and with ur posted link.

Since when is global security south african?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kizfaz: 9:32pm On May 04, 2016
Now show me a South African general that z as willed or rather commited to his duty... Note: look at the rifle that soldier is carrying..... Nigerians in d House lets Kick this SA Niggahs Butts

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kizfaz: 9:37pm On May 04, 2016
Nigerian Navy Special Forces... #SBS.... more photos on the way MORFUKAS

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kizfaz: 9:45pm On May 04, 2016
Nigerian Army Para-landing inside boko haram territory.... #OperationCrackdown.... #FinalOnslaught

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:47pm On May 05, 2016
kizfaz:
Now show me a South African general that z as willed or rather commited to his duty... Note: look at the rifle that soldier is carrying..... Nigerians in d House lets Kick this SA Niggahs Butts

I can show plenty. If you only have this one General then thetr are problems.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Xbee007(m): 5:13pm On May 08, 2016
agaugust:
See the army that wants, to help other countries.....see them sommersaulting tanks in Kwa ZULU Natal province grin
Where at thou?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by language1: 8:15pm On May 08, 2016
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-africa.asp

1)Egypt
2)Algeria
3)Ethiopia
4)Nigeria
5)South Africa
6)Angola
7)Morocco
8/)Sudan
9)Libya
10)Democratic Republic of the Congo
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 08, 2016
language1:

if we see military stats morocco should be 3rd ,maroccan army have better in number and quality equipment by far then ethiopian army,

there is a lot of mistakes in this site , so is not a serious reference
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Iblawi1: 9:51pm On May 08, 2016
chkil:

if we see military stats morocco should be 3rd ,maroccan army have better in number and quality equipment by far then ethiopian army,

The ranking is not base on just equipments as many people think. A lot of things were considered but if it was ranked by equipment in each military then the list would be useless.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:25am On May 09, 2016
Iblawi1:

The ranking is not base on just equipments as many people think. A lot of things were considered but if it was ranked by equipment in each military then the list would be useless.
Looking at the rankings they also never take in to account, the modernity of the defence forces, Force Multiplier aspects like Data link systems ect, training, Force Projection capabilities, Sustainability......The List Go's on and on. They are purely focused on numerical aspects!! Like they do every year!!

Nigeria, South Africa, Morocco and even Angola are all more powerful than Ethiopia!! Also where the fvck is Kenya??Seriously how is the DRC ahead of Kenya?? Hell even Namibia and Zimbabwe are ahead of the DRC!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by language1: 5:16am On May 09, 2016
jln115:

Looking at the rankings they also never take in to account, the modernity of the defence forces, Force Multiplier aspects like Data link systems ect, training, Force Projection capabilities, Sustainability......The List Go's on and on. They are purely focused on numerical aspects!! Like they do every year!!

Nigeria, South Africa, Morocco and even Angola are all more powerful than Ethiopia!! Also where the fvck is Kenya??Seriously how is the DRC ahead of Kenya?? Hell even Namibia and Zimbabwe are ahead of the DRC!!

Nigeria can't even keep Boko Haram away and don't even get me started on Kenya. Just because they are all richer it doesn't mean they are stronger. Ethiopia has tonnes of experience fighting and 10 times more tanks than Angola, South Africa and Morocco.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:25am On May 09, 2016
language1:

1)Egypt
2)Algeria
3)Ethiopia
4)Nigeria
5)South Africa
6)Angola
7)Morocco
8/)Sudan
9)Libya
10)Democratic Republic of the Congo

I have all ways said this as my first post in this thread. A number ranking is meaningless and pointless. It does not take in to accoun training, doctrin, command and control, the difference in equpemt extra extra. To them a MBT is a MBT.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:38am On May 09, 2016
language1:

Nigeria can't even keep Boko Haram away and don't even get me started on Kenya. Just because they are all richer it doesn't mean they are stronger. Ethiopia has tonnes of experience fighting and 10 times more tanks than Angola, South Africa and Morocco.
Thanks for confirming what ive been saying....you're concentrating on quantitative aspects.

Ethiopian tanks, which are cold war T72 and T55 relics will be cannon fodder for Moroccos's 150+ M1A1's and South Africa's 150+ Mk2/1B Olifant.

The Only thing worth mentioning in the Ethiopian Air Force are their 14 Su27 which in their on right are pretty much obsolete.Compare that to Morocco's 23 F16 block 52's + 20 odd F16 C/Ds, South Africa's 26 Gripen, Angola's 18 new Su30s.

E
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Iblawi1: 12:31pm On May 09, 2016
language1:

Guy is not like Nigerian army couldn't keep boko haram away. It was leadership problem and the military generals never wanted it to end because they were benefitting seriously from the war.

It the same Nigerian army that cleared them out. Don't pray to have a bad and greedy leader in your army cos they will sell you to enemies for personal gains. That is Nigerian story for you.

I wonder what Ethiopia military will do with a budget of $300 million. When others are spending billions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DonBobes(m): 3:40pm On May 09, 2016
chkil:

Bliv me, u will nt want to mess wit der AIRFORCE, I think Ethiopia shuld b next to Egypt visavis to d Airforce. Ethiopia as a vry vibrant airforce. Dey dnt hv a navy dnt forget dt and it is a landlocked country.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 09, 2016
DonBobes:

Bliv me, u will nt want to mess wit der AIRFORCE, I think Ethiopia shuld b next to Egypt visavis to d Airforce. Ethiopia as a vry vibrant airforce. Dey dnt hv a navy dnt forget dt and it is a landlocked country.

what ethiopian air force ? with only 17 downgraded sukhoi 27 bought in 1998, 2002 ,who know how many still in service now, and 10 oooooold MiG-23 ?? sorry look at the maroccan inventary , the marooccan air force is farrr ahead ! , the same for ground army , more than 1100 old t55 tank for the ethiopian ground army ,ok but their first main battle tank is the t72 only , in the other side marrocan army have more modern ! ethiopian ground army have a lot of obsolete equipment

the global fire ranking used also demographic , geographic, economic stats , that's why ethiopia have more point but if we take military stats only , the rank would change a lot
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Iblawi1: 4:35pm On May 09, 2016
DonBobes:

their are many airforce in Africa that are way better than Ethiopian airforce. Just too many to mention. The only force multiplier for Ethiopia is just the army. Even Angola is far ahead of them not to talk of Morocco.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 09, 2016
DonBobes:

In truth, behind Egypt and Algeria, Morocco has the 3rd most powerful military in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by language1: 6:50pm On May 09, 2016
jln115:

Thanks for confirming what ive been saying....you're concentrating on quantitative aspects.

Ethiopian tanks, which are cold war T72 and T55 relics will be cannon fodder for Moroccos's 150+ M1A1's and South Africa's 150+ Mk2/1B Olifant.

The Only thing worth mentioning in the Ethiopian Air Force are their 14 Su27 which in their on right are pretty much obsolete.Compare that to Morocco's 23 F16 block 52's + 20 odd F16 C/Ds, South Africa's 26 Gripen, Angola's 18 new Su30s.

E

Until put to the test, there is nothing constructive that can actually be drawn from late equipment. I could list many wars the poorer side has one. Another thing to note is Ethiopia does not publish military information at all, so information about their vehicles and aircraft needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

And what has Angola's Su30s got to do with this. The country has minimal experience in fighting and it's ground troops are probably nowhere near as good as Ethiopia's and Egypts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by language1: 6:52pm On May 09, 2016
chkil:

what ethiopian air force ? with only 17 downgraded sukhoi 27 bought in 1998, 2002 ,who know how many still in service now, and 10 oooooold MiG-23 ?? sorry look at the maroccan inventary , the marooccan air force is farrr ahead ! , the same for ground army , more than 1100 old t55 tank for the ethiopian ground army ,ok but their first main battle tank is the t72 only , in the other side marrocan army have more modern ! ethiopian ground army have a lot of obsolete equipment

the global fire ranking used also demographic , geographic, economic stats , that's why ethiopia have more point but if we take military stats only , the rank would change a lot

The story is, we do not know what the Ethiopian ground troops and air force own as they do not publish information about it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 09, 2016
language1:

yeah the same for USA in afghanistan , vietnam, iraq ,or russia in afghanistan etc ...... a local rebel, insurgency , guerilla , it's not the same like fighting a regular army face to face !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 09, 2016
language1:

The story is, we do not know what the Ethiopian ground troops and air force own as they do not publish information about it.

sorry but now days, this cold war mentality of hidding do not exist , all weapon you by it will be publishing by the manufactor seller because it an economic advertising for them , yeah it's capitalism now

you can see it easily the publication from russian , western military compagny , so do not get any illusion, if ethiopia bought a single bolt of an sukhoi 30 or f16 , they will be many publication .

algeria for exemple historicly like secret about it's army , but contract of strategic weapons like our S300 and sub marins , negociation about s400 were published before even the signing of the contract , the same for egypt and all armies of the world

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Iblawi1: 7:26pm On May 09, 2016
Henry240:

In truth, behind Egypt and Algeria, Morocco has the 3rd most powerful military in Africa.

Forget morocco Abeg, there is no difference between Saudi Arabia troops and Moroccan troops. Shiny gears but no action.
We saw how Saudi wasted equipments in Yemen because they don't have the zeal to fight.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 09, 2016
Iblawi1:

Forget morocco Abeg, there is no difference between Saudi Arabia troops and Moroccan troops. Shiny gears but no action.
We saw how Saudi wasted equipments in Yemen because they don't have the zeal to fight.

I do not agree with you, no comparison between the Moroccan and Saudi army , even their population and mentality is not the same , the Moroccan army has some experience facing the guerilla war against the army Western sahara in addition to quality training and even some participation in UN force in africa and around the world kosovo ect .... no comparison between the two , for me the Moroccan army is one of the most professional and strong in Africa
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by language1: 8:36pm On May 09, 2016
chkil:

I do not agree with you, no comparison between the Moroccan and Saudi army , even their population and mentality is not the same , the Moroccan army has some experience facing the guerilla war against the army Western sahara in addition to quality training and even some participation in UN force in africa and around the world kosovo ect .... no comparison between the two , for me the Moroccan army is one of the most professional and strong in Africa

I could use the same description you used of the Moroccan army to describe the Ethiopian army. You cannot deny how much experience the Ethiopian army has, tonnes of it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 09, 2016
language1:

Until put to the test, there is nothing constructive that can actually be drawn from late equipment. I could list many wars the poorer side has one. Another thing to note is Ethiopia does not publish military information at all, so information about their vehicles and aircraft needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

And what has Angola's Su30s got to do with this. The country has minimal experience in fighting and it's ground troops are probably nowhere near as good as Ethiopia's and Egypts.
Dude almost all weapons purchases are recorded in today's age, the excuse of "does not publish military information" is pretty much nul and void with regards to number and type of equipment purchased.

Secondly Angola fought the longest, most advance war this continent has ever seen since ww2, so saying they have no experience is pretty fvcking ignorant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.