Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:22 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2930) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4526654 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Vikkie14: 8:12am On May 17, 2016
Odunayaw:
sorry to ask please...is your hair dreadlocked ?
grin why are you asking him? Or are you implying that his brain is Locked?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 8:26am On May 17, 2016
jln115:

So if you clearly admit it's wrong then why were you using it as a source??

Anyway here is how the list should be:

Egypt
Algeria
South Africa
Morocco
Nigeria
Angola
Ethiopia.........
look at you, placing Angola and South Africa ahead of Ethiopia. A very shameful way to lay claims to capabilities you don't have.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 12:28pm On May 17, 2016
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Odunayaw(m): 5:57pm On May 17, 2016
Vikkie14:
grin why are you asking him? Or are you implying that his brain is Locked?
u took d words out of my hands
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Troop101: 6:48pm On May 17, 2016
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 10:58pm On May 17, 2016
Whats the point of upgrading old legacy tanks?

Recently, Major large high tech companies all over the
world are rolling out upgrades packages for old and
almost obsolete tanks. The need to upgrade tanks
usually arise when the tanks are approaching the end of
their service life. These upgrades typically include
modular add-ons that will extend the service life of the
tanks and thereby squeezing out some use of it.
Such upgrades most times target the users of an already
existing tank design and attempts to fix existing issues
or design flaws discovered in the tanks. With the rate at
which new tank models are springing up all over the
world with the latest technology available, what is the
benefits of upgrading old tanks instead of acquiring new
ones?

READ MORE >>> www.combatheart.com/2016/05/whats-point-of-upgrading-old-legacy.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:17am On May 18, 2016
It seems the US is now ready to sell us a few super tucanos.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/17/obama-mulls-visit-as-us-okays-sale-of-12-attack-aircraft-to-nigeria/

How splendid!,now we can conquer the world with these awesome pieces of technology,right?,tut tut tut,now dont be ungrateful,shouldnt we be thankful for being given a slice right out of America's junkyard?!,grovel,I say,grovel and it shall be yours!.
On a brighter note,At least it will significantly enhance our CT/COIN capabilities.A weaponized turbo crop srayer is better than an alpha jet.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:30am On May 18, 2016
because you don't win a war only with the MBT Main battle tank , you need also a second line Tanks and increase the capacity of the second line is also important
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 11:30pm On May 18, 2016
RESCUED CHIBOK GIRL HANDED OVER TO BORNO STATE GOVERNOR

The rescued Chibok school girl, Amina Ali, was airlifted by Nigeria Air Force Super Puma aircraft from Damboa to Maiduguri alongside her baby and supposed husband, Mohammed Hayatu.

Prior to that they were examined at Air Force medical facility and were found to be stable and normal blood pressure was observed.

Thereafter, she was released to the Operation LAFIYA DOLE headquarters for further investigation and handing over.

After preliminary investigation, the rescued girl and her baby has been handed over to Borno State Governor, His Excellency, Honourable Kashim Shetima, at Government house, Maiduguri this evening by the Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brigadier General Victor Ezugwu in a brief ceremony.

It is believed that she will be brought to Abuja tomorrow along with her parents to meet with Mr President.

Meanwhile, the supposed husband is undergoing further investigation at Joint Intelligence Centre. It should be noted that Mohammed Hayatu is well treated in line with Operation LAFIYA DOLE Rules of Engagement regarding insurgents who voluntarily surrender to the military.

Thank you for your kind and usual cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:15am On May 19, 2016
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCWE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:16am On May 19, 2016
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 19, 2016
overhypedsteve:
look at you, placing Angola and South Africa ahead of Ethiopia. A very shameful way to lay claims to capabilities you don't have.
Ethiopia basically has no air force and their army is filled with ww2/Cold War relics.....So yes Angola and SA are with out a doubt more powerful than Ethiopia, the days of Quantity>Quality are long gone!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by giles14(m): 9:44pm On May 20, 2016
jln115:

Ethiopia basically has no air force and their army is filled with ww2/Cold War relics.....So yes Angola and SA are with out a doubt more powerful than Ethiopia, the days of Quantity>Quality are long gone!!
dere SU jet series are toys,over hyping oneself is very bad.hw I wish u were neighbours with dem den u will knw if dey have airforce or not
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 21, 2016
giles14:
dere SU jet series are toys,over hyping oneself is very bad.hw I wish u were neighbours with dem den u will knw if dey have airforce or not
Yep im absolutely terrified of their 12 30 year old Su27s, while my Airforce has 26 Gripen!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 21, 2016
jln115:

Yep im absolutely terrified of their 12 30 year old Su27s, while my Airforce has 26 Gripen!!

26 Gripens, 5 pilots and a soon to be grounded Gripen & Hawk. Fleet.

Hopelessness of an Air Force
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by giles14(m): 8:49am On May 22, 2016
jln115:

dis ur quote 26 gripen got me cracking,

26 jets with only 6 pilots
my guy ur airforce have no capacity
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 9:43am On May 22, 2016
Henry240:

Not as hopless as only having 7 operational assets in your whole airforce!

Or a fleet where only half the ships are sea-worthy

And most sailors cant swim

or an Army

Where men are given 40 year old ammunition, of which they only get 60 rounds, have to buy their own uniforms and pay for their own medical services.

Nigeria is beyond useless
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 9:43am On May 22, 2016
giles14:

1. Not just 6
2. 10 more completeing training in Russia
2. And Nigeria has how many modern fighters? 0! We win cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 9:49am On May 22, 2016
patches689:

or an Army

Where men are given 40 year old ammunition, of which they only get 60 rounds, have to buy their own uniforms and pay for their own medical services.

Atleast, Nigeria still have hope than South Africa that use half of defence budget to buy anti-viral drugs for soldiers. A military with almost half of it troop infected with virus. I wonder who is beyond useless.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 9:51am On May 22, 2016
patches689:

1. Not just 6
You won and am sure that is why globalfirepower ranked you below Nigeria with all your shiny gears.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by giles14(m): 10:01am On May 22, 2016
patches689:

1. Not just 6
u won nothing,I knw u SA like telling lies inorder to b happy. y send ur pilots to russia wen u have ur trainer jet(hawk) I sense lack of fund.
n pls wer in d argument did I say that NAF has modern jet.
and for jet we are getting some new muscle babes n above all enough pilots to man dem.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:11am On May 22, 2016
patches689:

1. Not just 6 2. 10 more completeing training in Russia 2. And Nigeria has how many modern fighters? 0! We win cheesy
-You only have 5 pilots.

- You have a modern fleet that can't leave the ground...... The Irony!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Odunayaw(m): 11:14am On May 22, 2016
patches689:

or an Army

dz accusation is as useless as d lyrics of windeck...but I will keep looking as a full grown chooses to show his daftness on social media
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:32am On May 22, 2016
Henry240:

Sorry to disappoint but we aren't grounding any fleet: http://www.zoutnet.co.za/articles/news/36540/2016-04-23/saaf-will-not-close-any-units-at-afb-makhado

And 5 Gripen pilots is still better than only 7 operational Aircraft in the entire NAF
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 22, 2016
giles14:

Actually its 10 and more in training in Russia....Also bare in mind we have over 50 Hawk Pilots, which only require a quick conversion course to be qualified Gripen Pilots.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:47am On May 22, 2016
iblawi:

Atleast, Nigeria still have hope than South Africa that use half of defence budget to buy anti-viral drugs for soldiers. A military with almost half of it troop infected with virus. I wonder who is beyond useless.

HIV infection rates are less ~20%. Army does not pay for ARV's.

You are beyond useless
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:48am On May 22, 2016
giles14:
u won nothing,I knw u SA like telling lies inorder to b happy. y send ur pilots to russia wen u have ur trainer jet(hawk) I sense lack of fund.
n pls wer in d argument did I say that NAF has modern jet.
and for jet we are getting some new muscle babes n above all enough pilots to man dem.

Because half of the Hawks are being transferred to a combat unit in Pretoria.

Yes, you are getting 3

Wow
So Impressive
Much Power
Such military
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:49am On May 22, 2016
Henry240:

-You only have 5 pilots.

- You have a modern fleet that can't leave the ground...... The Irony!!

If we have 5 gripen pilots that means at least 5 leave the ground.

Jackass.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Iblawi1: 12:46pm On May 22, 2016
patches689:

If we have 5 gripen pilots that means at least 5 leave the ground.

Jackass.
5 pilots that have never thrown a bomb in battle field.

5 inexperienced pilots is nothing to boast of.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:57pm On May 22, 2016
Iblawi1:

That is the dumbest sh1t I have ever read.

How much experience did the Luftwaffe have when it took over the skies of europe? How much experience did the Americans have when they kicked the Luftwaffe out of the skies of Europe? How much experience did the Americans have when they ass-fvcked the Iraqi airforce (who had 10 years of combat experience) in GW1?

Hint: Training > Experience
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 22, 2016
Iblawi1:

SAAF Capability Demo?? Google it!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Iblawi1: 1:25pm On May 22, 2016
jln115:

SAAF Capability Demo?? Google it!!
Is battlefield the same thing as demo? Or are you saying terrorist will demonstrate with you pilots? They are inexperience simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.