Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2932) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4441322 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) (2934) (2935) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 4:04am On May 27, 2016
patches689:

Tears? I see only facts.

And the facts tell us that everything you have said is untrue and frankly ridiculous.

You are truly a sad human being - no one here takes you seriously after you tried to tell us South AfRica is not a member of BRICS

The only tears here are yours... tell me are you one of the over 60% of nigerians who live in poverty??

Patrick, my delusionary friend. You never cease repeating these redundantly stale lines of yours!
Seems I always manage to seat on your nerves each time I leave a comment grin grin grin

Since World bank has given us irrefutable statistics that only 33% of Nigerians are poor, data from your own country says 45% South Africans live below the poverty line. shocked shocked shocked

As of yesterday, the BBC was trending south Africans crowding the streets with billboards begging for jobs like the physically handicapped grin grin grin

You keep consoling yourself and attempting to rewrite your history in the pages of Nairaland but it won't fly.

I'm sorry you have to be born to witness the Darkest moments of South Africa's history. Not even in apartheid were things this bad.

Once again live with your frustrations and keep it within your borders.

Welcome to the slide to irrelevance grin grin grin

Political minion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:15am On May 27, 2016
patches689:

You didnt make a counter argument. Hence his statement stands.

Nigeria Blown the fvck out

Will they ever recover?

What stands?

I should make a counter-argument in response to the rantings of a clearly insane individual.

LMFAO!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:53am On May 27, 2016
lezz:

Patrick, my delusionary friend. You never cease repeating these redundantly stale lines of yours!
Seems I always manage to seat on your nerves each time I leave a comment grin grin grin

Since World bank has given us irrefutable statistics that only 33% of Nigerians are poor, data from your own country says 45% South Africans live below the poverty line. shocked shocked shocked

As of yesterday, the BBC was trending south Africans crowding the streets with billboards begging for jobs like the physically handicapped grin grin grin

You keep consoling yourself and attempting to rewrite your history in the pages of Nairaland but it won't fly.

I'm sorry you have to be born to witness the Darkest moments of South Africa's history. Not even in apartheid were things this bad.

Once again live with your frustrations and keep it within your borders.

Welcome to the slide to irrelevance grin grin grin

Political minion.

World bank data:

53% of Nigerians live in poverty
http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/country/NGA

16% of South Africans live in poverty
http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/country/ZAF

Do you actually beleive your own lies?

6 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:55am On May 27, 2016
Henry240:

What stands?

I should make a counter-argument in response to the rantings of a clearly insane individual.

LMFAO!!!!!

A professional analyst for the FW De Klerk foundation is insane because he said something that hurts your feelings?

This is why your country will never ammount to anything, you are blinded by nationalism, as a people you have very low standards.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:34am On May 27, 2016
patches689:

A professional analyst for the FW De Klerk foundation is insane because he said something that hurts your feelings?

This is why your country will never ammount to anything, you are blinded by nationalism, as a people you have very low standards.

Do the low standards include the GDP size which is the 22nd largest in the world at over $550 billion, an Entertainment sector which contributes $5 billion to GDP, a Cement sector which the 3rd largest in volume in the world...... Yes, i could not careless about the opinion of a clearly insane South-African.

What has South-Africa amounted to, a year-in, year-out economic decline.

"Wow you really showed Nigeria".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:37am On May 27, 2016
patches689:

World bank data:

53% of Nigerians live in poverty
http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/country/NGA

16% of South Africans live in poverty
http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/country/ZAF

Do you actually beleive your own lies?

Patrick, will you stop this nonsense!!!

You live in deceit and thrive in controversy!!! That's your only means of escape from your miserable geopolitical realities.

Only 33% of Nigerians are poor:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/only-a-third-of-nigerians-are-poor-says-world-bank/184323/

Take south African's own data in JPEG below:

I'm sitting here watching Patrick sweating feverishly hard to refute the submissions of someone whom he says no one takes seriously.

Sweat on, dummy!!! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:45am On May 27, 2016
patches689:

Everyone knows South Africa is a sad story today.

Bunch of inexperienced cavemen who didn't look where they put their feet.

Just 20 years after the white man handed power and the reins of governance, south Africa is already the sleazebucket of Africa.

From number 1 economy for over 300 years to number 3 in less than 20 years of black rulership.

From a thriving health sector to Cuba-pity charity case grin

From bullies to whimps.

Hahahahahn.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:07am On May 27, 2016
Henry240:

Do the low standards include the GDP size which is the 22nd largest in the world at over $550 billion, an Entertainment sector which contributes $5 billion to GDP, a Cement sector which the 3rd largest in volume in the world...... Yes, i could not careless about the opinion of a clearly insane South-African.

What has South-Africa amounted to, a year-in, year-out economic decline.

"Wow you really showed Nigeria".

Cherry picking data proves nothing henry

Fact is that your """huge""" GDP doesnt count for sh1t - especially considering our government budget is 4X yours.

His argument stands as valid.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:10am On May 27, 2016
lezz:
Patrick, will you stop this nonsense!!!

You live in deceit and thrive in controversy!!! That's your only means of escape from your miserable geopolitical realities.

Only 33% of Nigerians are poor:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/only-a-third-of-nigerians-are-poor-says-world-bank/184323/

Take south African's own data in JPEG below:

I'm sitting here watching Patrick sweating feverishly hard to refute the submissions of someone whom he says no one takes seriously.

Sweat on, dummy!!! grin grin grin

So i post actual world bank data

And you respond with newspaper clippings?

According to world bank data: 1 out of 2 Nigerians live in poverty and 1 out of 10 South Africans live in poverty.

World bank confirms. Argument over.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:11am On May 27, 2016
lezz:

Everyone knows South Africa is a sad story today.

Bunch of inexperienced cavemen who didn't look where they put their feet.

Just 20 years after the white man handed power and the reins of governance, south Africa is already the sleazebucket of Africa.

From number 1 economy for over 300 years to number 3 in less than 20 years of black rulership.

From a thriving health sector to Cuba-pity charity case grin

From bullies to whimps.

Hahahahahn.

And yet the data tells a different story. And our membership of G20 and BRICS tells a completely different story.

Remember Nigeria has to grow its GDP by 80% to be on the same per ratia as us.

Tell me - are you part of the 50% of migerians that lives in poverty?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:34am On May 27, 2016
patches689:

Fact is that your """huge""" GDP doesnt count for sh1t - especially considering our government budget is 4X yours.

I understand South-Africans are mentally hopeless, the Data provided by me is chief amongst the reasons why you are in 3rd position and we are 1st.

Come back when you have a coherent argument.

Nigeria has 36 states and the FCT. All states including the FCT have their budgets which is separate from the budget of the federal government.

One more thing, Nigeria's tax to GDP ratio is only 5% of GDP. An additional 5% would more than double F.G's budget.

Infact there is no rational for this argument, i'm not going be-little Nigeria by starting an economic argument with a country which fell from 1st place to 3rd place. Not gonna happen.

You can only wail, but when the chips are down, the world knows who's boss in Africa.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:39am On May 27, 2016
patches689:

And yet the data tells a different story. And our membership of G20 and BRICS tells a completely different story.

Remember Nigeria has to grow its GDP by 80% to be on the same per ratia as us.

Tell me - are you part of the 50% of migerians that lives in poverty?
With the rate of decline and free falling, south Africa will soon become a political spittoon in the committee of nations.

BRICs, G20? How has that shielded you from being so irrelevant now?

How has that increased your geopolitical tentacles and influence?

Dead man citing redundant certificate as evidence of life grin grin grin

Keep your G20, will always bleep you with our GDP, that's what counts and matters in geopolitics, dunce!!

Tell me, are you amongst those hungry looters who rob and plunder foreigners in cold blood and steal their belongings?

5 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:56am On May 27, 2016
patches689:

So i post actual world bank data

And you respond with newspaper clippings?

According to world bank data: 1 out of 2 Nigerians live in poverty and 1 out of 10 South Africans live in poverty.

World bank confirms. Argument over.

Another hukom from Patrick.

Statistics say more than 1 in every 4 south African is jobless!!! That's the facts form World bank and your own country.

That's more than 25% of south Africans without jobs.

Your comments here can't change the facts on ground in your country.

South Africa is Zimbabwe bound. You know it's certain.

We're watching. Just 20 years it took south African economy, security, politics, health, to melt away like pastries before an oven. grin grin grin

In the next 20years, another Detroit.

The hype and false publicity has been buried with Mandela.

Everyone sees you for what you are; Living in a past that never truly was.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 10:11am On May 27, 2016
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:32am On May 27, 2016
patches689:

Patrick, what has your government"s budget has to do with geopolitics? Why are you such a dishonest, evasive dunderhead?

If you remain the number 3 economy in Africa, your voice will be muffled out in the international erena.

Germany vs UK vs France

China vs japan

You, Patrick have a rudimental and basic knowledge of international politics.

Quit showcasing your ignorance in a celebratory fashion. It is sickening!

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Odunayaw(m): 11:39am On May 27, 2016
patches689:

You didnt make a counter argument. Hence his statement stands.

Nigeria Blown the fvck out

Will they ever recover?
how come only the foolish south Africans bliv they have any place in the economy boss seat of Africa

his statement is as useless as d p in pneumonia

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:41pm On May 27, 2016
Henry240:

I understand South-Africans are mentally hopeless, the Data provided by me is chief amongst the reasons why you are in 3rd position and we are 1st.

Come back when you have a coherent argument.

Nigeria has 36 states and the FCT. All states including the FCT have their budgets which is separate from the budget of the federal government.

One more thing, Nigeria's tax to GDP ratio is only 5% of GDP. An additional 5% would more than double F.G's budget.

Infact there is no rational for this argument, i'm not going be be-little Nigeria by starting an economic argument which a country which fell from 1st place to 3rd place. Not gonna happen.

You can only wail, but when the chips are down, the world knows who's boss in Africa.

Excuses excuses

You talk of GDP being economic might

But when I remind you our GDP generates 4X the tax revenue for government to spend your response is: b...but m...muh federation!

Yes, world does know who is boss, hence we are G20 and you are not.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:42pm On May 27, 2016
lezz:
With the rate of decline and free falling, south Africa will soon become a political spittoon in the committee of nations.

BRICs, G20? How has that shielded you from being so irrelevant now?

How has that increased your geopolitical tentacles and influence?

Dead man citing redundant certificate as evidence of life grin grin grin

Keep your G20, will always bleep you with our GDP, that's what counts and matters in geopolitics, dunce!!

Tell me, are you amongst those hungry looters who rob and plunder foreigners in cold blood and steal their belongings?

The only thing that matters in geo-pol is who you are aligned with.

We are aligned with the G20 and BRICS

You are aligned with no-one.

When we have an idea, we have the ear of the Premiers of Russia and China. You have the ear of no-one.

Seriously, you are being beyond ridiculous now.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:44pm On May 27, 2016
lezz:
[[s]b]Another hukom from Patrick.

Statistics say more than 1 in every 4 south African is jobless!!! That's the facts form World bank and your own country.

That's more than 25% of south Africans without jobs.

Your comments here can't change the facts on ground in your country.

South Africa is Zimbabwe bound. You know it's certain.

We're watching. Just 20 years it took south African economy, security, politics, health, to melt away like pastries before an oven. grin grin grin

In the next 20years, another Detroit.

The hype and false publicity has been buried with Mandela.

Everyone sees you for what you are; Living in a past that never truly was.[/b][/s]

Blah blah

Your lies got exposed now you try to pivot and change the argument.

Come back and talk to us in 20 years
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:46pm On May 27, 2016
lezz:

Patrick, what has your government"s budget has to do with geopolitics? Why are you such a dishonest, evasive dunderhead?

If you remain the number 3 economy in Africa, your voice will be muffled out in the international erena.

Germany vs UK vs France

China vs japan

You, Patrick have a rudimental and basic knowledge of international politics.

Quit showcasing your ignorance in a celebratory fashion. It is sickening!

So you are saying.

The ammount of money we can spend (in real terms) is irrelevant

But the ammount of money in our economy (in hypothetical terms) is relevant?

My knowledge of international politics is this:

South Africa = G20, BRICS
Nigeria = ..... *Crickets chirping*....

You are a buffoon if you think that your underdeveloped nation has suddenly become relevant because you can wave around a hypothetical number.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:50pm On May 27, 2016
Odunayaw:
how come only the foolish south Africans bliv they have any place in the economy boss seat of Africa

his statement is as useless as d p in pneumonia

Nigeria is in the boss seat of Africa?

Our annual global trade is worth $206 billion, yours a pathetic and paltry $150 billion.

Nigeria is, and will remain, irrelevant.

If you chose to delude yourself into thinking that a nominal and hypothetical number has suddenly made you relevant think again.

Pro-tip: The market does not give a sh1t about the gross figure of your GDP.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by IAmTobore(m): 4:11pm On May 27, 2016
I can't beleive you guys are still on this issue since 2010. It's been 6 years now and you guys are still arguing like spoilt brats. Are your skulls empty, or you guys don't have something doing? Why can't you all act matured?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 4:30pm On May 27, 2016
patches689:

So you are saying.

The ammount of money we can spend (in real terms) is irrelevant

But the ammount of money in our economy (in hypothetical terms) is relevant?

My knowledge of international politics is this:

South Africa = G20, BRICS
Nigeria = ..... *Crickets chirping*....

You are a buffoon if you think that your underdeveloped nation has suddenly become relevant because you can wave around a hypothetical number.
[b]Is G20 a political alliance?

BRICs? South Africa is a "brickette", that's a term used by your own press. In a group of just 5 countries, south Africa's contribution is just 2% GDP.

You should be ashamed of your false sense of importance.

How has south Africa been able to leverage brics or g20 membership when your president is s bowing before Abuja for diplomatic cooperation and eager to start a clean slate with Nigeria?

How has BRICs helped your economy or influence?

Each post you make leaves you looking stupider than your last post.

Take your geopolitical lesson and learn from me:

Both France and UK are in the permanent security council of the UN nation since imception. UK is also the leader of the Commonwealth which has powerful countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc.

But who control and dictates Europe?

Germany does!!! She isn't a permanent Security member of the UN or belongs to a powerful block like commonwealth of nations.

Her GDP and population does the magic in geopolitics and influence in Europe. And she dictated the pulse of all Europe!

Patrick, bow to me. I'll never stop teaching you international diplomacy and power play.

You will always remain Nairaland's bemedalled quack displaying 5 minutes Google knowledge!!!

Fact falsifier! [/b]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2016
patches689:

Blah blah

Your lies got exposed now you try to pivot and change the argument.

Come back and talk to us in 20 years
Another clump of evasive incoherence from Patrick!!!

Are you denying 25% percent of south Africans aren't jobless?

BBC reports it's 26/7 percent. I'm just being a little conservative with the fact.

You want me to steer you to BBC now?

Ok, Call BBC liars as you called me.Call the pictural evidence lies. Because you're Patrick, you'll rather die than own up to truth!

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Odunayaw(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2016
patches689:

Nigeria is in the boss seat of Africa?

Our annual global trade is worth $206 billion, yours a pathetic and paltry $150 billion.

Nigeria is, and will remain, irrelevant.

If you chose to delude yourself into thinking that a nominal and hypothetical number has suddenly made you relevant think again.

Pro-tip: The market does not give a sh1t about the gross figure of your GDP.
delusions of grandeur....U can Google shit up about the economy boss of Africa and stop being a baldheaded fool like your president....south Africa shld b competing with Ghana

take it or leave it...HIV has gripped your economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kizfaz: 7:17pm On May 27, 2016
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:15am On May 28, 2016
lezz:
[s][b]Is G20 a political alliance?

BRICs? South Africa is a "brickette", that's a term used by your own press. In a group of just 5 countries, south Africa's contribution is just 2% GDP.

You should be ashamed of your false sense of importance.

How has south Africa been able to leverage brics or g20 membership when your president is s bowing before Abuja for diplomatic cooperation and eager to start a clean slate with Nigeria?

How has BRICs helped your economy or influence?

Each post you make leaves you looking stupider than your last post.

Take your geopolitical lesson and learn from me:

Both France and UK are in the permanent security council of the UN nation since imception. UK is also the leader of the Commonwealth which has powerful countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc.

But who control and dictates Europe?

Germany does!!! She isn't a permanent Security member of the UN or belongs to a powerful block like commonwealth of nations.

Her GDP and population does the magic in geopolitics and influence in Europe. And she dictated the pulse of all Europe!

Patrick, bow to me. I'll never stop teaching you international diplomacy and power play.

You will always remain Nairaland's bemedalled quack displaying 5 minutes Google knowledge!!!

Fact falsifier![/s] [/b]

Lots of words

No content

I have exposed your lies.
I have exposed Nigerias economic power as meaningless.

This argument is over
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:16am On May 28, 2016
lezz:
[s]Another clump of evasive incoherence from Patrick!!!

Are you denying 25% percent of south Africans aren't jobless?

BBC reports it's 26/7 percent. I'm just being a little conservative with the fact.

You want me to steer you to BBC now?

Ok, Call BBC liars as you called me.Call the pictural evidence lies. Because you're Patrick, you'll rather die than own up to truth![/s]

You were talking about poverty - I exposed your lies.

Now you wish to pretend you were talking about employment?

hahahaha. Dont waste my time.

So tell me, are you one of the 50% of Nigerians who lives on less than $1 a day?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:17am On May 28, 2016
Odunayaw:
delusions of grandeur....U can Google shit up about the economy boss of Africa and stop being a baldheaded fool like your president....south Africa shld b competing with Ghana

take it or leave it...HIV has gripped your economy

And yet our government has 4X the budget yours does

And yet we allmost double your trade

And yet we remain the most developd and diversified economy on the continent

We are also the only African country in the G20 and BRICS
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kizfaz: 9:10am On May 28, 2016
http://www.africaranking.com/largest-economies-in-africa/6/.... this will tell SA inndigines dat they dont smell Nigeria in terms of economy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2016
patches689:

You were talking about poverty - I exposed your lies.

Now you wish to pretend you were talking about employment?

hahahaha. Dont waste my time.

So tell me, are you one of the 50% of Nigerians who lives on less than $1 a day?

Patrick can't accept truth that doesn't endorse his fantasies.

It was you who claimed South Africa's poverty rate was 16%. You're the liar and dishonest , dry troll.

It was you who called me a liar for staying 25% of South Africans are jobless. I have brought irrefutable proof from none other than BBC and you have no where to go than seek cheap escapism in harangue and hokum.

Sorry, reality hurts sometimes, don't let her light blind your eyesight.

Learn to put on reality blinders. It'll help.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 2:28pm On May 28, 2016
patches689:

And yet our government has 4X the budget yours does

And yet we allmost double your trade

And yet we remain the most developd and diversified economy on the continent

We are also the only African country in the G20 and BRICS
Patches is a hopeless South African looking for a way to console himself.

How many times have we told you that Nigeria has 36 States and 774 local government? Every state government have their own budget which is different from federal budget. Your budget can never be 2x that of ours not to talk of 4x.
Buhari didn't sign federal budget until this month but all other states have already stated implementation long time ago. Many state government have being awarding contract for roads and other infrastructure, and some contractors have almost completed theirs.

You lack mathematical skill to say you almost double our trade even if I go by what you quoted.
"Our annual global trade is worth $206 billion, yours a pathetic and paltry $150 billion."
206 can never be double of 150.
We should be the 1 telling you that our economy is almost double that of South Africa. $550 billion compared to 320 is not a joke.

Your economy may remain most diversified but our remain the largest. If truly your economy is diversified why is it crashing every month.

You keep bragging about G20 and BRIC even though you only got there by mistake. Nigeria will always continue to replace you in everything just like we over took you in military ranking and economy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) (2934) (2935) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.