Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4444871 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2937) (2938) (2939) (2940) (2941) (2942) (2943) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 25, 2016
EVarn:
Indeed the EU is weaker without the UK,however,unlike Britain,Germany has no nuclear weapon it can use to intimidate antagonistic interests.
Yeah,I'll definitely vote,just for you.

Without NATO the Germans have no capability to send an expeditionary force by themselves anywhere.

This is how bad things are with the German military.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hello, Evarn, please modify your voting post and add " cc NLjega " in order to make it valid. Thanks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 12:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
Henry240:

Without NATO the Germans have no capability to send an expeditionary force by themselves anywhere.

The one thing you forget is that Germany has the industrial capacity to in months transform its military into a formidable fighting force if the need arise.

Its just that currently the German foreign policy is to remain neutral in worldwide security and military affairs, due to the WWII hangover.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lezzlie:
Hello, Evarn, please modify your voting post and add " cc NLjega " in order to make it valid. Thanks.
Modified.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2016
EVarn:
Modified.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Thanks, bro
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lezzlie:

Where is the link?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lezzlie:

The EU is weaker without the UK.

And British influence will trigger a lot of sceptism in Europe especially from the Scandinavian countries.

Germany is already building its military, but she needs more than a powerful military to enforce her foreign policy. The ghost of the holocaust still hovers in Berlin.

The guilt and lack of credibility still linger.

America will now rely only on NATO to influence Europe's decision. She has always used the UK to influence Europe's decision.

The EU has lost political and economic influence with the exit of Britain.

I don't think there's much military implications as the EU is not a military pact or alliance. NATO sti stands.

Evarn, come vote for my friend , Mimzy in the ongoing Miss Nairaland 2016 tomorrow. From 10am to 6pm

Economically and in terms of funding to the E.U, Germany is the strongest.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2016
bidexiii:

Economically and in terms of funding to the E.U, Germany is the strongest.
Yes, Germany might be the biggest in terms of ECONOMY but she has no geopolitical spread or appeal and most of Europe's heavy weights still taunt her about her role in World war 11 like Asian percific countries taunt Japan.

The UK has the biggest geopolitical influence in Europe and the most respected foreign power in Europe , couple with her being the 2nd economy in Europe makes her an invaluable asset the EU has lost.

I'm afraid, it's a collosal loss.

Please do me a favour, come vote for my contestant here : https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Just open the link and type: "I vote Mimzy cc NLjega"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 2:31pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lezzlie:
Yes, Germany might be the biggest in terms of ECONOMY but she has no geopolitical spread or appeal and most of Europe's heavy weights still taunt her about her role in World war 11 like Asian percific countries taunt Japan.

The UK has the biggest geopolitical influence in Europe and the most respected foreign power in Europe , couple with her being the 2nd economy in Europe makes her an invaluable asset the EU has lost.

I'm afraid, it's a collosal loss.

Please do me a favour, come vote for my contestant here : https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Just open the link and type: "I vote Mimzy cc NLjega"

U and these vote of a thing...... grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2016
snydergp1st:

The one thing you forget is that Germany has the industrial capacity to in months transform its military into a formidable fighting force if the need arise.

Its just that currently the German foreign policy is to remain neutral in worldwide security and military affairs, due to the WWII hangover.

Germany doesn't have the capacity to transform a military which has been severely degraded by American occupation, Liberalism and a population who are ashamed of their history in a matter of months. This would take a re-orientation which could last a good couple years to achieve.

The German military of today is not even at it's cold war level. It's a pacifist that is simply afraid of a fight.

It seems the annual V-Day parades held all over Europe continues to hunt Germany.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 2:59pm On Jun 25, 2016
Henry240:

Germany doesn't have the capacity to transform a military which has been severely degraded by American occupation, Liberalism and a population who are ashamed of their history in a matter of months. This would take a re-orientation which could last a good couple years to achieve.

The German military of today is not even at it's cold war level. It's a pacifist that is simply afraid of a fight.

It seems the annual V-Day parades held all over Europe continues to hunt Germany.

Let's forget about germans role in the 2nd world war and how the United States has degraded them down the way they did to Japan. Those two countries still has the economy and technology to transform there military if the needs arises.

Britain is great in the book or papers only. Look at germany/french contribution in NATO , especially France role during the air raids in libya. French Rafale jets where all over the sky, even in nigeria fights against insurgency. France military donation to french speaking countries and germans military assistance in the fight against ISIS.. . ...etc

And let's not forget germans and french role in the migration crisis, the alright Britain was just only a mega phone loud speaker. Militarily i'll go for France domination in terms of activness in military domination in Europe/NATO and i'll go for German in terms of economy and funding to EU.

You only see Britain mi try where ever there is united states forces on ground. They are just follow cats....... cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2016
bidexiii:

U and these vote of a thing...... grin
the contestant is a personal friend grin

Please try and vote, it's the grand finals. Thanks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lezzlie:
the contestant is a personal friend grin

Please try and vote, it's the grand finals. Thanks.

Check i'v voted on page 61.... a lot of ppl viewing dat page... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2016
bidexiii:

Check i'v voted on page 61.... a lot of ppl viewing dat page... cheesy
Ah, thanks alot, bro. I appreciate this.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
Henry240:

Germany is militarily very weak. They only have a strong economy.
Very true,Germany is virtually a weakling(miitary-wise): but,what will be the effect of the EU's dependence on Germany?,will this ultimately lead to massive rearmament of the German forces?,Will the US and its traditional allies perceive a militarily potent Germany as a "concern" to global peace?,what then will the outcome be?.
There are already sentiments in the alley-ways of berlin that Germany has done enough apology and penance for its WWII sins,all it would take is for a neo-nazi leader to win an election,rebuild national self-esteem,and viola!,Germany will begin renegotiating it status in global hierachy; with the EU's political and geographical influence in berlin's pocket due to over-reliance,Germany could cause another theatre of war.
To be quite candid,this may not make sense to some people,but every slight decision in international politics has a global consequence.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2016
Henry240:

True,but will it last for long?
My fear is that the birds are singing songs of a future war.
The old draconian demons of WWII(Germany,Japan,Russia* and the US) are gaining power day by day.
I seriously see massive rearmament in Europe if France follows Britain out of the EU.
Many european nations will lose trust in NATO,especially now that Russia is becoming more potent.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kizfaz: 11:52am On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
To my friends and compatriots, I'm here to say a heart warming thank you for your support and votes at the just concluded Miss NL 2016.

I am profoundly grateful and overwhelmed. We came 2nd and it's by your support that we got that far.

Thanks guys.

Cc Evarn
Henry240
Bidexiii
Agaugust
Overhypedsteve
Odunayaw
Shizzy7
Iblawi

and my friends from the South

Patchesagain/ patches689
Dievluit
Saengine
Mzilakazi
Punkyv
Brideofdracula
Snydergp1st

Thank you alot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 6:32am On Jun 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
snydergp1st:

Don't drag us down to your level again my dear child

http://mg.co.za/article/2016-06-23-gunmen-kidnap-7-in-nigeria-including-south-african/

gringringrin

This will be a no win argument boy.

LOL stumped.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:40am On Jul 01, 2016
WHY NIGERIANS ARE BORN DRUG SMUGGLERS AND FRAUDSTERS
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 10:44am On Jul 01, 2016
Thiza:
WHY NIGERIANS ARE BORN DRUG SMUGGLERS AND FRAUDSTERS
BECAUSE SOUTH AFRICANS ARE BORN USELESS AND LAZY SLAVES.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Odunayaw(m): 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
iblawi:

BECAUSE SOUTH AFRICAN ARE BORN USELESS AND LAZY SLAVES.
haba..u shld have left the baboon 2 continue with his saddening blunders

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zachanalysis: 1:14am On Jul 04, 2016
Nigeria has a well trained army but seriously lacking in Equipment.

For example Libya will take Nigeria out very easily in a war situation.

Its sad , we have so much wealth but nothing to show for it
my friend, upon what indices are u basing your claim?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2016
Airbus Defence and Space has not given up on South Africa and is still hopeful that the SA Air Force will acquire the A400M and the C295 to meet its airlift, maritime surveillance and light transport requirements, and the A330MRTT to meet transport and tanking needs.

Fernando Ciria, Head of Marketing, Tactical Airlifters and ISR at Airbus Defence and Space, told defenceWeb that South Africa has not formally launched a procurement process for light transport and maritime surveillance aircraft but Airbus has nevertheless demonstrated the C295 to the South African Air Force (SAAF), in 2012, and is in touch with senior defence officials. He expects South Africa to make a decision at some stage on these programmes.

The SAAF initiated Project Saucepan for new maritime patrol aircraft to replace the C-47TP fleet, but this was then replaced by Projects Metsi and Kiepie, for light transport and maritime surveillance aircraft. Two years ago the Department of Defence (DoD) said the Air Force would acquire these types of aircraft, but in its latest annual report the DoD makes no mention of these acquisitions and the budget for the next several years shows no extra funding, indicating that Metsi and Kiepie have fallen by the wayside.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:45am On Sep 01, 2016
SANDF

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:46am On Sep 01, 2016
SOUTH AFRICAN NAVY

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Pascalberry(m): 10:50am On Sep 11, 2016
Lolzz.. dis stupid thread is stilL on??
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2016
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gozmanx80: 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
russellino:
South Africa without a doubt has the most equipped, best trained, professional army in africa and among the strongest armies in the world. Egypt is a very distant second
they do but have a poorly trained army....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2016
This thread is still alive?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2937) (2938) (2939) (2940) (2941) (2942) (2943) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.