Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (990) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4444121 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PrinxArthur1(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2014
AwodwaGyanOniwe: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
SOURCE:
BIGGEST JOKE OF THE DAY. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ITS A KNOWN FACT THAT UR OIL RESERVES DECLINED BY 2 BBL FROM 37 BBL TO 35 BBL AND BY 2025 YA'LL WILL HAVE 27 BBL BEFORE DRYING OUT IN 2041.

THE WORLD KNOWS YOUR OIL IS DRYING OUT WHILE EAST AND SOUTHERN AFRICA ARE STARTING WITH OIL AND GAS BUSINESS. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We recently discovered oil in,Anambra,kogi,Enugu+lake chad basin which the Chinese is pumping $10 billion and mind u that our oil reseves was estimated in 2008 and we ve nt upgraded the value since then and it 'll be upraged by 2016 so shut the ph.uck up

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:34am On Jul 31, 2014
South Africa has the worlds biggest mineral reserves - estimated at being worth some $2,494 billion that will last for 184 years of productio
http://www.businessinsider.com/countries-metal-mineral-wealth-2011-9?op=1

Nigeria did not make the list of the top 15 Nations
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:39am On Jul 31, 2014
South Africa leads the way for the African Union (AU) African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crises (ACIRC) force

Nigeria[b] is not listed as being a troop supplier[/b]
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35674:seboka-2014-will-be-acirc-force-preparation-exercise-for-the-sa-army&catid=111:sa-defence&Itemid=242

Nigerian Generals are elected to lead AU peacekeeping operations.

South Africa is selected to be the right fist of the AU's offensive capabilities.
[So many implications]

Enough Said.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
iterator25:

by making a uniform look "smarter"?

let me school you in English a little bit. the US army uniform is not the smartest, but it can be altered to look smarter..

your brain has truly rotten.
Analog Vs Digital.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
SOUTH AFRICAN SPECIAL FORCES
Photo 1 recce instructor training US Special Force member in the art of survival in the African bush
Photo2 badge for naval special attack forces
Photo3 @AUGUSTUS read this book and you shall be liberated form your narrow world
Photo4 training on a selection process

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
patches689:

Are you intentionally misunderstanding me?

I know you have it.

But show me where it says Nigerias has the specifications in the article.

South Africa has 4 of such planes - can we now say they all have those capabilities?

You first denied by saying we don't have it, until @iterator busted your lies by mentioning Nigerian coat of arms boldly displayed on the Beechcraft plane's tail.

South African Beechcraft is the ancient transport version that CANNOT do special mission, your own has NO radar and no data-links tongue tongue tongue

Nigerian Beechcrafts are the sophisticated new versions special mission ISR aircraft for Intelligence-Surveillance-Reconnaissance, our own has radar and data-links.

The radar dome is clearly visible underbelly of the Nigerian aircraft and I even put the labeled diagram of the aircraft there to prove everything.

If you are not satisfied with all that, you can leave this forum/thread in anger, we gain nothing from having you around....we miss @Andrewza.

Debating with @Patches is NEVER worth the waste of precious time, he is just the epitome of fraud, dishonesty, and insincerity combined together in one worthless man of zero value.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
agaugust:

You first denied by saying we don't have it, until @iterator busted your lies by mentioning Nigerian coat of arms boldly displayed on the Beechcraft plane's tail.

South African Beechcraft is the ancient transport version that CANNOT do special mission, your own has NO radar and no data-links tongue tongue tongue

Nigerian Beechcrafts are the sophisticated new versions special mission ISR aircraft for Intelligence-Surveillance-Reconnaissance, our own has radar and data-links.

The radar dome is clearly visible underbelly of the Nigerian aircraft and I even put the labeled diagram of the aircraft there to prove everything.

If you are not satisfied with all that, you can leave this forum/thread in anger, we gain nothing from having you around....we miss @Andrewza.

Debating with @Patches is NEVER worth the waste of precious time, he is just the epitome of fraud, dishonesty, and insincerity combined together in one worthless man of zero value.

No, fool, I never disputed that there is an Aircraft that belongs to Nigeria- i am not blind I can see the coat of Arms.

What I dispute is that you model has all the specifications you list. It may have some, it may have none. Your job is to prove it.

South African Beechcraft is the ancient transport version that CANNOT do special mission, your own has NO radar and no data-links

Prove it.

I can see that. It may indeed have radar. But what of the other capabilities? Please prove they exist - we dont care what the manufacturer says, they are talking about an asset with "all the bells and whistles".

he is just the epitome of fraud, dishonesty, and insincerity

Lol, tell us again about Nigeria's 150 T-55s, Tucanos and missile armed OPV's. Or how you tried to tell as that the 95M OPV's NAVIGATIONAL RADAR is better than a FRIGATES COMBAT SUITE.

Or my personal favorite: "Nigeria is better at COIN than Isreal"

Or, "We have the Otomat Mk2, I dont care that every single available source says we have the MK1, I have just one source that says we have the MK2, so everyone else is wrong!!"

Or how you tried to fool this forum into thinking that 32Bn and the Recces are the same unit and that they were disbanded?

Or what you are doing right at this moment, allow me to illistrate what you have done:

"Nigeria has asset X"
"The manufacturer says that a top of the range model comes with capabilities A, B, C"
"Therefore we have asset X with capabilities A, B, C"
"No, I cannot prove that it actually has these capabilities - but you must believe me!!"

It doesnt work like that, only say things you can prove.

Dude, you are pathologically dishonest

combined together in one worthless man of zero value.

Everytime we lock horns I thrash you.

Should I go through the history of this week alone and point out all the times I have humbled you?

I particularly enjoyed the massive sulk you threw when I obliterated you 4 nights in a row - i think it was the quote from the Chinese navy that said that the Type 056 was not designed for fleet combat operations that broke your heart cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
EroZA: Nigerian army will soon use new set of uniform,according to the Nigerian army chief general,the new uniform will make their soldiers look smarter like the SANDF(LOL)....

credit goes to all SAns who are posting pictures of SANDF on this thread,Nigerian army Ogas are watching with great interest

Show us source where Nigerian army said the new uniform will make us look like SANDF....Prove it...Mumu Domingo grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
agaugust:

Show us source where Nigerian army said the new uniform will make us look like SANDF....Prove it...Mumu Domingo grin
Lmaoooooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin wink grin grin grin.

Looks like your army only considers camouflage when introducing new uniforms. But whatever that's typical of a rebel force to do. No studies whatsoever.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
@AUGUSTUS ATLEAST THESE SANDF PHOTOS HAVE PROVOKED DISCUSSION REGARDING UNIFORM OR CAMOFLAGE WITHIN NIGERIAN MILITARY

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
@AUGUSTUS THE NEXT POINT OF CONTENTION IS THE UNIFORM OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE....IT LOOKS OLD AND WORN OUT, NOT TO SAY ANYTHING REGARDING POLICE STATION AND POLICE BARRACKS SHOCKING.

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THE SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
@AUGUSTUS JUST TAKE A GOOD LOOK ON THE UNIFORM, STANDARD OF PROFESSIONALISM AND PRESENTEBILITY OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE SERVICE......

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
MikeZA: Lmaoooooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin wink grin grin grin.

Looks like your army only considers camouflage when introducing new uniforms. But whatever that's typical of a rebel force to do. No studies whatsoever.
you are not making sense.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Thiza: @AUGUSTUS ATLEAST THESE SANDF PHOTOS HAVE PROVOKED DISCUSSION REGARDING UNIFORM OR CAMOFLAGE WITHIN NIGERIAN MILITARY

MikeZA: Lmaoooooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin wink grin grin grin.

Nope and no ! New uniforms for Nigerian army was not provoked by any SANDF photomania, NA has different reason for changing uniform and may not tell you everything every reason why.

Nigerian army high command reads Beegeagles Blog, and we the approved members of Beegeagle compared Nigerian army uniforms with those of USA/NATO militaries that we train with....not your fvcking South African uniform that will expose your army to the enemy's easy view in a sandy desert like Sahara or Arabia.

SANDF uniform is bad outside your homeland territory, it will expose your position in an all-green swamp or rain forest and in a white sand desert....the whole South African army will get wiped out if you land from sea to white Sand beach....the enemy will see all of you from 3 km away looking like brown skin goats running around in brown uniforms that you think is a camouflage for all types of terrain... Mumus grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
@AUGUSTUS JUST NOW YOUR RAG TAG ARMY DECIDED TO CHANGE THE WARDROBE SUDDENLY EVERYONE IN AFRICA MUST TAKE NOTE AND LISTEN. SANDF DESIGNED ITS OWN UNIFORM AND IS REGARDED AMONGST THE BEST AND COMBINE THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE IN THE WORLD. SELEKE AND M23 FAILED TO FINISH US WHY NOW? OR IS IT @AUGUSTUS THE CLOWN SAYING SO.

SANDF WEAR CAMOUFLAGE WITH PROUD.....OR IS IT CHINA DECIDED FOR NAIJA TO CAHNGE.....HAHHAHAHAAH

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
@AUGUSTUS SORRY THE CHANGE HAS BEEN NECESSARY DUE TO BOKO BOYS WEARING THE SAME UNIFORM. THE SANDF Tested and introduced between 1991 and 1993, the "Soldier 2000" camouflage design saw its first large scale issue to the SANDF in 1994. The pattern, developed by CSIR-Textile Technology group, features blotches of dark green, grass green & pale green with dark green & pale green spots on an earth brown field and is printed on a wide variety of uniform items as well as field equipment.

Apparently the sale of this fabric and uniforms is tightly controlled in South Africa for military use only.

MUMU READ THE SCIENCE OF DECEPTION AS COMPILED BY DESIGNERS OF THE SANDF UNIFORM........REMEMBER SOUTH AFRICA IS 200 YEARS AHEAD OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY....ANYTHING YOU COME UP WITH HAS BEEN WITH SANDF FOR ATLEAST NOT LESS THAN 10 YEARS.....

http://www.csir.co.za/dpss/conference/docs/ScienceScope_landwards_science.PDF

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
@AUGUSTUS THE CLOWN YOU THOUGHT SANDF WOKE UP ONE MORNING AND DECIDE TO CHANGE ITS UNIFORM..SANDF RESEARCHES FIRST AND FOLLOW PROCESS OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
@AUGUSTUS modern armies (including Nigeria which is a pretender to the list) have been wearing the new combat uniform with high-tech pixelised patterns on it. The patterns replace the large green patches on the old outfit (which your RAG TAG ARMY) has been wearing including BOKO BOYS.... The new material maintains the camouflage effect even when viewed through night vision devices.

It is also designed to be used in war zones that extend beyond the jungle. Current uniforms I REPEAT IN MODERN ARMIES WHICH MUMUS IS TRYING TO EMULATE, The new uniform increases detection time by 30 to 50 percent in the urban environment, making it harder for enemies to find their targets.

It is also made from better quality fabric which helps dissipate sweat and heat away from the body quicker and comes with ergonomic features such as extra padding and pockets.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Thiza: @AUGUSTUS JUST NOW YOUR RAG TAG ARMY DECIDED TO CHANGE THE WARDROBE SUDDENLY EVERYONE IN AFRICA MUST TAKE NOTE AND LISTEN. SANDF DESIGNED ITS OWN UNIFORM AND IS REGARDED AMONGST THE BEST AND COMBINE THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE IN THE WORLD. SELEKE AND M23 FAILED TO FINISH US WHY NOW? OR IS IT @AUGUSTUS THE CLOWN SAYING SO.

SANDF WEAR CAMOUFLAGE WITH PROUD.....OR IS IT CHINA DECIDED FOR NAIJA TO CAHNGE.....HAHHAHAHAAH
seleka and M23 failed to kill you because of your absence on battlefield.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
South Africa

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
sirjerry: seleka and M23 failed to kill you because of your absence on battlefield.

They have failed because we are too powerful.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
sirjerry: seleka and M23 failed to kill you because of your absence on battlefield.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
Seleka happens to be your smoking gun against battle harden and battle tested SANDF....@AUGUSTUS 13 KILLED BUT HOW MANY FROR SELEKA AND MANY INFO HAS BEEN POSTED PROVING THE REAL TRUTH BUT AS USUAL NAIRAS WILL HOLD ON ANYTHING NEGATIVE AGAINST SANDF INSPITE OF OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY.....@AUGUSTUS THE DENIALIST WAS HYPING ABOUT HOW M23 WOULD DEAL WITH SANDF DUE TO THEIR BATTLE HARDEN EXPERIANCE AND THE SANDF DISMANTLED THEM AND SILENCE ITS WHAT FOLLOWED.....HAAHAHAH NO HYPE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
@AUGUSTUS SEE PHOTO 1 SANDF IS NOT A MEDIVIAL ARMY BUT PROFESSIONAL AND VERY MODERN THAN YOUR RAG TAG MILITIA...WHICH CANNOT SOLVE ITS OWN PROBLEM......HOW CAN YOU COMPARE YOUR MUMU MILITIAS WHO LIVES UNDER CONDITIONS RESEMBLING A STONE AGE ....EVEN MEDIVIAL ARMIES HAD BETTER CONDITION BEFITTING THEIR PERIOD....EVEN DOGS IN SOUTH AFRICA HAVE BETTER RESPECT THAN THE VIDEO INDICATING REALITY FACED BY MUMU MILITIAS

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
SANDF THE BEST OF THE BEST IN AFRICA....POSSESS THE MODERN AND SOPHISTICATED MILITARY HARDWARE IN AFRICA. SANDF HAS THE MOST ADVANCE MILITARY COMPLEX IN AFRICA WHICH IS RATED AMONGST THE BEST IN THE WORLD. THE ONLY COUNTRY IN AFRICA THAT HAS DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED AND OPERATED AN ATTACK HELICOPTER WHICH IS AMONGST THE 10 TEN IN THE WORLD.

THE ONLY COUNTRY IN AFRICA WHICH DESIGN, OPERATE THE MOST ADVANCE MISSILE SYSTEM IN AFRICA AND AMONGST THE SOPHISTICATED IN THE WORLD @AUGUSTUS I CAN GO ON AND ON .....SANDF NOT A MILITIA RAG TAG WITH WEAPONS

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
agaugust:

Nope and no ! New uniforms for Nigerian army was not provoked by any SANDF photomania, NA has different reason for changing uniform and may not tell you everything every reason why.

Nigerian army high command reads Beegeagles Blog, and we the approved members of Beegeagle compared Nigerian army uniforms with those of USA/NATO militaries that we train with....not your fvcking South African uniform that will expose your army to the enemy's easy view in a sandy desert like Sahara or Arabia.

SANDF uniform is bad outside your homeland territory, it will expose your position in an all-green swamp or rain forest and in a white sand desert....the whole South African army will get wiped out if you land from sea to white Sand beach....the enemy will see all of you from 3 km away looking like brown skin goats running around in brown uniforms that you think is a camouflage for all types of terrain... Mumus grin

Typical.

Uniforms aren't just about camouflage,there are way different factors to consider.

And yes,you compared patterns with those you train with.

In professional armies like the SANDF new uniforms are designed,trailed and tested by scientists to meet vast needs or requirements. Look at the SANDF project African warrior or the USA land warrior,the former is still carrying out tests from investigating height,weight etc of soldiers so webbing and the amount of equipment carried by soldiers isn't gonna be light or too heavy for them to a point that it badly influences soldiers' combat performance,dragging it to the poor side.

LOOOOOOOOOL rebel force. grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
If you're gonna make a claim be prepared to back it up.

With that said do you mind providing us with proof Mr?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Thiza: SANDF THE BEST OF THE BEST IN AFRICA....POSSESS THE MODERN AND SOPHISTICATED MILITARY HARDWARE IN AFRICA. SANDF HAS THE MOST ADVANCE MILITARY COMPLEX IN AFRICA WHICH IS RATED AMONGST THE BEST IN THE WORLD. THE ONLY COUNTRY IN AFRICA THAT HAS DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED AND OPERATED AN ATTACK HELICOPTER WHICH IS AMONGST THE 10 TEN IN THE WORLD.

THE ONLY COUNTRY IN AFRICA WHICH DESIGN, OPERATE THE MOST ADVANCE MISSILE SYSTEM IN AFRICA AND AMONGST THE SOPHISTICATED IN THE WORLD @AUGUSTUS I CAN GO ON AND ON .....SANDF NOT A MILITIA RAG TAG WITH WEAPONS
Beautiful images there mate.

It is such a shame that same don't understand the importance of media to national armed forces and view them as the enemy not allies.

African countries don't have big media outlets or channels like USA,Russia etc or other powerful countries does.

I mean look at American defence shows on channels like discovery,national geog etc. Some military writer would even go as far as saying to penetrate the Abrams MBT one needs a nuclear warhead.

Disastrous military operations like black hawk down and others are switched to reflect to the world a narrative of great heroism. How many shows,ducs were made but the mission to kill Osama?#FreePR.

African armed forces seem paranoid regarding the media. Successful military ops even a bit of biased dosage of news reports rally citizens behind their armies.

If a documentary was made about The battle of Bangui,national pride and appreciation for the Defence force would be unimaginable.

#FreePR

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 2:44am On Aug 01, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.