Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment (66676 Views)

Protest At Nigerian Maritime University, Delta As Student Dies Due To Negligence / Beauty Of Nigeria Maritime University, Okorenkoko, Delta State (Photos) / Nigerian Maritime University: Admission! Admission!! Admission!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Eleba: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
EngrVin:
No referee will have time to send such for u. The best is for u to get it urself and send. That's the method I'm using. Expecting to get all letters by weekend and post it on Monday.

Alright. I'll be going there myself

I am scared of water o but what to do naw
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by EngrVin: 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2017
There are express courier services u can use. Some will take 3 - 10days. Don't use Nipost or EHS oo... They do disappoint. U can also track ur documents online till it get delivered to the required office.

Sending mine on Monday God's willing.

Good luck.

motivationspika:
deadline is December 20
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by kuchikau1: 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2017
Eleba:

Did you submit your recommedation letter with your cv and was it accepted....i mean the recommendation letter
My referees are not willing to forward it to the school themselves
bro, go there in person. There is a secret reason y i said so. If u observe, d NMU GUY HAVE STOPPED ANSWERING UNMCESSARY QUESTIONS. Forget those who use/want to use courier service. U will be provided a link 4 ur referee to submit their recomdatn. Gudluck.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by MummyIMadeIt: 6:27am On Nov 29, 2017
Please who have submitted thiers?, and how did it go?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by MummyIMadeIt: 6:32am On Nov 29, 2017
UBGG:

That's exactly what I did for my brother, sent both the letters and his CV. It's the prudent way to go.

I don't understand why we have to make everything complicated in this country. If someone came to me for a recommendation letter and expects me to send it to a school sans e-mails, I would kick him/her out of my office.

Hows the trip to the institution like? Any other questions attached or just the normal procedure.

Waiting for ur answer.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by EngrVin: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2017
Hmmm.... We are all learned I guess. If this is the first time u are sending such kinda documents, travel from Maiduguri to Delta State u hear ba? Since you have all the time and money plus risk to spare. In this modern world you must submit application in person? I still dey laugh you

kuchikau1:
bro, go there in person. There is a secret reason y i said so. If u observe, d NMU GUY HAVE STOPPED ANSWERING UNMCESSARY QUESTIONS. Forget those who use/want to use courier service. U will be provided a link 4 ur referee to submit their recomdatn. Gudluck.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by EngrVin: 7:10am On Nov 29, 2017
There are different mailing services. I will advice you use redstar or DHL. It will be delivered to the office of the Registrar. I don't have issues to worry about anything

ichiexy01:

They had specific instruction from NIMASA and the MAnager in question showed me the text, with the deadline for 23rd of November after which couriers were not to collect as they wwill not be accepted. Since i know the deadline for the application is six weeks from publication.. I am also asking how do we go forward..

1. Are theyy still accepting in person
2. The Idea of using ordinary post, will it still get to the school. since they have to get to the post office to receive such
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by motivationspika(m): 7:13am On Nov 29, 2017
MummyIMadeIt:

Hows the trip to the institution like? Any other questions attached or just the normal procedure.

Waiting for ur answer.
There is no place it was stated that you must submit it personally. A friend used DHL and what WILL be WILL be. Imagine leaving Yola to Warri this time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by EngrVin: 7:25am On Nov 29, 2017
Abeg tell am. In this modern world, no organization will advertise jobs or quotation for the entire country and request it to be brought personally to the said office.

motivationspika:
There is no place it was stated that you must submit it personally. A friend used DHL and what WILL be WILL be. Imagine leaving Yola to Warri this time.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by subcbouy: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2017
NMUniversity:

Nigerian is not as terrible as you think. Kindly apply and see for yourself if the process would not be transparent.

it may interest you to know that Prof. O. M. Etebu, the VC, has a track record of integrity.

*, save*
Is Prof Etebu a woman? The name looks like a former lecturer in the department of Mechanical, Uniport. She is such a caring woman if she is the one.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by subcbouy: 7:46am On Nov 29, 2017
How much does DHL cost? Pardon my question
motivationspika:
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by subcbouy: 7:59am On Nov 29, 2017
easzypeaszy:
Dis ppl dnt hv sense..so d referees shld also post d referee letters..hahahahhaha koda my Prof go abuse me join am
hahaha you are still learning. If you apply for PhD abroad, you will follow this format. I only faulted them not being online.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by subcbouy: 8:15am On Nov 29, 2017
ckeedee:
So my Prof is still the VC. The best lecturer with human sympathy to have taught me at University of Portharcourt. She is the best.
I was wondering at the name, too. Very good woman. Thanks for clarification.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by kuchikau1: 10:41am On Nov 29, 2017
EngrVin:
Hmmm.... We are all learned I guess. If this is the first time u are sending such kinda documents, travel from Maiduguri to Delta State u hear ba? Since you have all the time and money plus risk to spare. In this modern world you must submit application in person? I still dey laugh you

dnt quote me again. Dis is last warning. My info is not mearnt for people like u. Dnt quote me again.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by EngrVin: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2017
Hehehehehe

kuchikau1:
dnt quote me again. Dis is last warning. My info is not mearnt for people like u. Dnt quote me again.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by motivationspika(m): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2017
subcbouy:
How much does DHL cost? Pardon my question
N1500
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by subcbouy: 12:05pm On Nov 29, 2017
motivationspika:
N1500
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by subcbouy: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
EngrVin:

He said: "There is secret of delivery by hand" Man-know-man package. Do we still need to be told twice? I dont know why federal government jobs cannot be done in a right way. God bless us.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by EngrVin: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
I sent a mail of enquiry to Redstar and they replied me that its 4650 from Kaduna to Warrior... I pray I get at this ur price. Will check other courier services... Definitely won't use Nipost or their EMS

subcbouy:
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by EngrVin: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
I sent a mail of enquiry to Redstar and they replied me that its 4650 from Kaduna to Warrior... I pray I get at this ur price. Will check other courier services... Definitely won't use Nipost or their EMS

motivationspika:
N1500
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Ocheinstein(m): 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
Guys I hear that it's closed. How true? Cuz am yet to send am.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Softclicks: 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
My problem with this application is how to get to the school ..no clear direction, no Google compliant website and all that and yet the principal officers is rejecting application via currier .I don't know y it must b in person before d interview ..as a mater of fact I got to warri last week only for me to get lost ..every body in agofure park seems not to know d direction to the place. All they could tel me was that one have to fly a boat for abt 3k of 3hrs to get to the local government ...I have to start coming back ..all my application is well dococumented but am still yet to get a clear direction of how to get there ...pls 07061064537 my number pls
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Softclicks: 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
Pls how can one get to d school from warri .and y are dey rejecting application via currier
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by silvaspecs: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2017
IT'S NOT. Till 20th December!
Ocheinstein:
Guys I hear that it's closed. How true? Cuz am yet to send am.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by silvaspecs: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2017
My stuff are equally complete but don't know how to submit. i'm in Akwaibom
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 8:39am On Nov 30, 2017
Utchaykuku:
So when wuld they start admitting students am interested, i'd like to school der..

Soon....
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by EngrVin: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2017
Some are complaining of their inability to locate the school. Thought your coming online is to help address issues

Sending mine through courier. Hope the courier service agents won't have difficulty delivering the package!

NMUniversity:

Soon....

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2017
subcbouy:
Is Prof Etebu a woman? The name looks like a former lecturer in the department of Mechanical, Uniport. She is such a caring woman, if she is the one.

Sure is....
Just concluded her tenure as Dean Fac of Engineering, Uniport.

She is an embodiment of care, class and brains with a non tribal traits as is norm....

I can assure all that it would be exciting, fulfilling and engaging working with her.

Prof. Ongoebi Maureen Etebu( VC, Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State.)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 9:19am On Nov 30, 2017
kuchikau1:

Kindly stop spewing spurious info here.

I haven't been responding because a lot of work is on going to make sure the school kicks off in the shortest possible time....

However anyone decides to send their application is of no consequence, what matters is that all required docs get to the office of the Registrar as expressly stipulated within the advert.

Those that asked for newspaper references, kindly check Punch, Thisday and Vanguard of 9th Nov 2017. For those up north, check Leadership Newspaper of 27th 2017.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 9:33am On Nov 30, 2017
subcbouy:
He said: "There is secret of delivery by hand" Man-know-man package. Do we still need to be told twice[b]? I dont know why federal government jobs cannot be done in a right way. [/b]God bless us.

Thought you should know better considering the fact that you know Prof.

She is a woman with a very rare trait of Integrity and super touch of excellence.
You don't command 80 national and international awards from world renown establishments by been shady.

It is this trait, coupled with her managerial skills and man management abilities, that made Ex President Goodluck E. J. appoint her NMU VC without having met her.

That said, I can assure all that this employment procedure is going to be as transparent as ever!

Those who merit it, would assuredly, get it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 9:40am On Nov 30, 2017
Softclicks:
My problem with this application is how to get to the school ..no clear direction, no Google compliant website and all that and yet the principal officers is rejecting application via currier .I don't know y it must b in person before d interview ..as a mater of fact I got to warri last week only for me to get lost ..every body in agofure park seems not to know d direction to the place. All they could tel me was that one have to fly a boat for abt 3k of 3hrs to get to the local government ...I have to start coming back ..all my application is well dococumented but am still yet to get a clear direction of how to get there ...pls 07061064537 my number pls

Kindly elucidate the emphasized

What principal officers are you referring to?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 10:01am On Nov 30, 2017
EngrVin:
Some are complaining of their inability to locate the school. Thought your coming online is to help address issues

Sending mine through courier. Hope the courier service agents won't have difficulty delivering the package!

The Deer needs no schooling in the act of locating brooks in the depth of the desert.

Maritime is essentially about sea navigation and all it's attendant accessories show some navigating prowess people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Taraba State University ASUU Resumes Indefinite Strike / A Trillion-tons Iceberg, 4 Times The Size Of London Broke-off Antarctica(photos) / The Library Emeka Offor Is Building In Daura Is 98% Completed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.