Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,834 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:29 AM

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo (41411 Views)

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Signpost Destroyed In Owerri (Photos) / Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President / Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf In Owerri Pictured Ahead Of Visit To Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Hakeem66: 10:25am On Nov 10, 2017
i never understand this man's motive behind these statues.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by totorimi: 11:31am On Nov 10, 2017
Is this the job! Job!! Job!!! This man was promising when he was campaigning for his second term? What is the economic impact of these statues on the people of Imo state when other countries are pulling theirs down.
I recall the picture of how Saddam Hussain statue fell when the people of Iraq got tired of him.

Sometimes some governors forget that power lies with the people, they think once they are governors they can do whatever they like.

That gov shouldn't push his luck too far. The last time I checked workers and pensioners salary are still being owed. Imo still has a large number of unemployed youths. Moral decadence is among the highest in that state, broad daylight robbery and kidnapping are high in the state. Roads, hospitals, schools, clean water, basic social amenities like library, parks, efficient transportation system, etc are lacking in the state.

I am wondering how these statues and costly visits translate to investments. What if he had organised a unique event like igbo culture and invited these leaders who will in turn encourage their investors and business sectors to sponsor such and at such events small businesses will boom, new windows of opportunity will open. He can even then honorthose deserving of it.

This actions of the gov in my humble opinion is a smoke screen, nobody goes about erecting statue anyhow with tax payers funds just like that. There must be more to it than meets the ordinary eyes. Imo people wake up and ask questions it's your right it's your money, it's your state, its your destiny.

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Abagworo(m): 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
totorimi:
Is this the job! Job!! Job!!! This man was promising when he was campaigning for his second term? What is the economic impact of these statues on the people of Imo state when other countries are pulling theirs down.
I recall the picture of how Saddam Hussain statue fell when the people of Iraq got tired of him.

Sometimes some governors forget that power lies with the people, they think once they are governors they can do whatever they like.

That gov shouldn't push his luck too far. The last time I checked workers and pensioners salary are still being owed. Imo still has a large number of unemployed youths. Moral decadence is among the highest in that state, broad daylight robbery and kidnapping are high in the state. Roads, hospitals, schools, clean water, basic social amenities like library, parks, efficient transportation system, etc are lacking in the state.

I am wondering how these statues and costly visits translate to investments. What if he had organised a unique event like igbo culture and invited these leaders who will in turn encourage their investors and business sectors to sponsor such and at such events small businesses will boom, new windows of opportunity will open. He can even then honorthose deserving of it.

This actions of the gov in my humble opinion is a smoke screen, nobody goes about erecting statue anyhow with tax payers funds just like that. There must be more to it than meets the ordinary eyes. Imo people wake up and ask questions it's your right it's your money, it's your state, its your destiny.

Your problem is blindness. The massive constructions going on in the State are jobs as well as the geometric rise in tourism and hospitality. The over 10 new markets, 27 new ICT centers and several private real estate boom has created at least 50 thousand jobs.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by olabrad: 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

Jealousy won't kill you. They can't visit your backward and insecure State.

Your governor just spent your education fund and parents' salaries to build statues tongue
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by olabrad: 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
legitnow:

OK! I DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG IN OKOROCHA CHARITY PROJECT.

I HAVE ALOT OF RESERVATION ON OKOROCHA AS A GOV BUT I CANNOT CRUCIFY HIM ON ALL ACCOUNT.

THAT IS NOT MY NATURE AS A PERSON.

IT IS A CHARITY PROJECT, DONT START GIVING YORUBAS AND ABOKI OPPORTUNITY TO RIDICULE A GENUINE EFFORT.

OKOROCHA IS TRYING BUT HIS MEANS ARE INDEED QUESTIONABLE.

In your annoying stupidity, you first thought the person you quoted was a Yoruba. See how you undid yourself. As far as you are concerned, anyone not supporting your backward opinion must be Yoruba. What a foolish and myopic submission
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Lalas247(f): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
Chukazu:

Okorocha's shallow mind is enough grief to well meaning Imolites, but to now see that he has succeeded in making myopic feeble minded foot soldiers like you even makes the matter worse.

there's a difference between sustainable development and jamboree.
have you thought of the possibility of another governor coming to bulldoze every dam structure that OKOROCHA has erected?

now if the same government can at least invest those resources on ICT training for its students,nobody can take such investment away...that is sustainable development

@Lalas247 come and carry your peeps cool
Wetin my ppl so o cheesy
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by sanpipita(m): 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2017
Amarabae:
she totally deserves it..
Enough of this unnecessary hatred on anything okorocha,
She is a worthy visitor to Igboland and a chieftaincy title is a way of appreciation.
I may not like okorocha fully but let's be criticising him with points abeg.

Pls can you explain to me how she deserves it? are you Igbo? do you know what ada di oha mma means? I will wait for your explanations why sirleaf deserves such title, and next time you decide to engage me don't be foolish enough to term my opinion as hate, if you have a superior argument just present it
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by sanpipita(m): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:
The thousands of nonentities and scallywags that get those titles on a regular basis, from crooked politicians to dubious businessmen and fraudulent moneybags, are those people more deserving of those titles than a visiting president?... That people have decided to hate Rochas does not mean we must throw away objectivity and just criticise everything for the sake of criticising.

If the only anomaly you can judge my comments with is hate then you are very silly I must say, rather than the rubbish you spewed you haven't said why Sirleaf deserves a title such as ada di ora nma, that every random person can get a title doesn't make it right and deserving, if you have a valid reason why Sirleaf deserves ada di ora nma title do tell me
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by obailala(m): 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
sanpipita:

If the only anomaly you can judge my comments with is hate then you are very silly I must say, rather than the rubbish you spewed you haven't said why Sirleaf deserves a title such as ada di ora nma, that every random person can get a title doesn't make it right and deserving, if you have a valid reason why Sirleaf deserves ada di ora nma title do tell me
It's called "honouring a special guest," such things happen all over the world; she doesnt have to put food on your table before she deserves a simple honour as a distinguished guest visiting the state. Even universities give out honourary titles and there is nothing unusual or anomalous about that.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by sanpipita(m): 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:
It's called "honouring a special guest," such things happen all over the world; she doesnt have to put food on your table before she deserves a simple honour as a distinguished guest visiting the state. Even universities give out honourary titles and there is nothing unusual or anomalous about that.

Honouring a special guest mustn't include a chieftaincy title, this is pure bastardization of tradition, you complain about thieves and nobodies getting titles but you want it given to any random visitor as honour we talking about tradition here, universities honourary titles is pure academics has nothing to do with tradition, how many times will you see an Oba or Emir honour a random person with a title because he or she is visiting, many ways to honour a special guest just don't bring people's tradition low because of it
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by obailala(m): 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
sanpipita:

Honouring a special guest mustn't include a chieftaincy title, this is pure bastardization of tradition, you complain about thieves and nobodies getting titles but you want it given to any random visitor as honour we talking about tradition here, universities honourary titles is pure academics has nothing to do with tradition, how many times will you see an Oba or Emir honour a random person with a title because he or she is visiting, many ways to honour a special guest just don't bring people's tradition low because of it
A visiting foreign president isnt exactly what can be referred to as 'random person' or 'random visitors'. In my own opinion, there's absolutely nothing remotely wrong or out of place in conferring a chieftaincy title on a visiting president, the first African female president at that. There's absolutely no way this represents a bastardisation of any tradition; it's just a title, she isnt being made the Eze or Obi of any kingdom... But then, you are entitled to your opinions.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by jaxxy(m): 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
Spylord48:
Lol ist stage gone.tomorrow the main business of the day will be done. THE GRAND UNVEILING CEREMONY!!!
After which preparation for the next statue unveiling will commence. Who knows it might be Robert mugabe this time around.

Is it just possible okorocha is seeing smtn we aren't seeing. Im just thinking lol hmmm
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Cherez: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

Imo is still leading the rest of Nigeria by a very wide margin in education and Imo isn't older than Anambra. The old Eastcentral State was concentrated on Anambra and so was the old Anambra State from which Enugu was created. The only thing that makes sense is to say Owerri became State capital before Awka.

https://edunaij.com.ng/most-educated-states-nigeria/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/224061-imo-students-top-jamb-application-list-2016.html/amp

http://thenationonlineng.net/imo-students-top-jamb-application-list-2017/amp/

FIRST, I WANT TO APOLOGIZE TO MY IMO BROTHERS AS I'M IMO BY CULTURE AND ONLY ANAMBRA BY GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION BEING FROM A BORDER TOWN.
I DONT MEAN TO DISRESPECT MY IMO BROTHERS BUT WE ALL KNOW WHERE IMO WAS.
I TELL YOU MY FATHER'S GENERATIONS CANNOT COMPARE WITH IMO PEOPLE BACK THEN.
IMO WAS THE PRIDE OF THE SE JUST LIKE EKITI WAS/IS TO THE SW(another comparison meant for good).
Now Abagworo, if we keep giving reasons and supporting the excesses of these elites, Nigeria will never be better.
How can you openly say Imo isn't older than Anambra? Or that old ANSG was concentrated in now Anambra? Do you know Enugu city well?
Did you know where the commercial hub was before?
Most of not all cooperate HQs are all in Enugu.
So, you allude the high no of JAMB applicants to education success in Imo state?
Have you considered other variables like:
1) They had lower success in previous year's exam so more apply the current year
2) You check the rate (population vs applicants' value) and not an absolute value per state.
3) What is the success rate (successful applicants vs total no of applicants)?
Bros, you need to stop rationalizing wrong deeds.
Are you justifying statues worth hundreds of millions to the detriment of Imo indigenes?
These statues can only favor Mr. Rochas and hardly Imo indigenes.
Once again, I pray GOD to give the SE great governors with a heart like Lee Kwuan Yeu, Ferdinand Delano Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln, people whom were out to serve the people and not their selfish means.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Cherez: 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:

A visiting foreign president isnt exactly what can be referred to as 'random person' or 'random visitors'. In my own opinion, there's absolutely nothing remotely wrong or out of place in conferring a chieftaincy title on a visiting president, the first African female president at that. There's absolutely no way this represents a bastardisation of any tradition; it's just a title, she isnt being made the Eze or Obi of any kingdom... But then, you are entitled to your opinions.
I wish it were just titles, but what do you have to say when it has to do with frivolous expenditures like;
1) the logistics in bringing her down here. Hope you know the overbloated budget regular with Nigerian politicians in matters like these? Will he confidently publish the cost of these visits?
2) Another over bloated budget on the statues.
Bros, these are happening in LEAN times when even the FG is wailing over the paucity of funds and a governor is WASTING monies.
People are hungry and our politicians MUST adjust to accommodate all these. They simply don't give a sh*t.
ALL I WANNA SAY IS THAT THEY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT US -MJ
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by obailala(m): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
Cherez:

I wish it were just titles, but what do you have to say when it has to do with frivolous expenditures like;
1) the logistics in bringing her down here. Hope you know the overbloated budget regular with Nigerian politicians in matters like these? Will he confidently publish the cost of these visits?
2) Another over bloated budget on the statues.
Bros, these are happening in LEAN times when even the FG is wailing over the paucity of funds and a governor is WASTING monies.
People are hungry and our politicians MUST adjust to accommodate all these. They simply don't give a sh*t.
ALL I WANNA SAY IS THAT THEY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT US -MJ
I spoke specifically about the chieftaincy title, the dude I quoted argued it was bastardisation of traditional institutions to confer a visiting foreign president with a title.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Leopantro: 12:45am On Nov 11, 2017
Abagworo:

Your problem is blindness. The massive constructions going on in the State are jobs as well as the geometric rise in tourism and hospitality. The over 10 new markets, 27 new ICT centers and several private real estate boom has created at least 50 thousand jobs.

themomentng:
Recently Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State was quoted to have told State House Correspondents in Abuja that whoever will take over from him as governor may be stoned by the people of his performance falls below the standard he has set.

His words: “I am in this job not for the profit of it, but for the honour and glory of the job. So I want to leave a legacy. I want Imo people to miss me and they will definitely miss me. Believe you me, they have not seen such developmental work before now and they will miss it.

“The only problem I have is that anybody that comes after me and does not perform will be stoned. Because you cannot come to Imo State now and say you want to abolish free education from primary to university, they will not accept that. I have spoilt Imo people believe me.”

However, we learnt from multiple sources in the state that the governor may be stoned when he loses his immunity in 2019, even as they noted that the governor has set the state further back in development.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) Senatorial candidate for Owerri Senatorial District in the 2015 General election and former member of the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Uche Onyeagucha, called on Governor Rochas Okorocha to start sewing his prison uniform, saying he will definitely end up in jail when he lives office in 2019 for allegedly looting the state treasury.

The APC chieftain, who said that he was miffed by the alleged comment by the governor that he has spoilt Imo people with projects, accused the governor of littering the state with hundreds of abandoned projects.

“I was a senatorial candidate, I should be a leader in APC, while Rochas should be in prison for the way and manner he has looted Imo State. He should rather be sewing his prison uniform. This is a person who has never gone on any commercial flight since he became governor; he has been travelling around on private jet at the state’s expanse.”

Onyeagucha, who is also a civil rights lawyer, said that it is time for the deceit unleashed on Imo people by the governor to stop.

He said, “What is this nonsense? He said he built this and that in the state. Is it Concord Hotel which he renovated, Ikemba Ojukwu Centre was built by Mbakwe and he renovated it; the Imo State Commissioners’ Quarters, he just changed the roof and renovated it; the State Secretariat was built by Chief Achike Udenwa, he changed the roof when there was no need for that. Today, there are many leaky roofs at the secretariat. Avutu poultry, which he renovated, has collapsed under one year. At the appropriate time, Imo people will beam to the world, the many grisly misdeeds of this cruel administration.

“When we in APC went on campaign, we said we will build factories, industries, and create jobs. That is what we promised, even on billboards then. When I told him he is a fraud, he removed them and changed the message. Show me one factory built by Rochas and I will apologise. No block industry, no toothpick industry, no sachet water industry just the ones that could be built with little amount, none!

“He has deceived our people for too long, he has bamboozled them with lies, and we have tolerated it long enough.”

While there have been many allegations of nepotism to the extent that juicy positions have allegedly been cornered by family members and kinsmen, an Owerri based medical doctor, Dr. Uzo Ewuru, added that the state has become a home of abandoned projects. According to him, not too long ago, the governor announced with pomp and fanfare, the commencement of a state carrier, Imo Air which flew few weeks after the ceremony and stopped operation. “It appears the carrier has gone the way of many other abandoned projects littered all over the state.”

Ewuru also said that the moribund multi-billion naira Imo Modern Poultry, Avutu, built by the administration of late Governor Sam Mbakwe, which news went round before the 2015 election that its revitalisation process was almost completed (with a giant signboard erected at the Amambakwe Junction announcing the completion of the project then), has turned out to be a ruse, even as the entire complex has remained the massive forest that has overgrown the place since its abandonment in the 80s.

Governor Rochas Okorocha’s mega project, the 44 City Gates, which gulped hundreds of millions of naira, has long been forgotten by the administration. This is even as the governor’s Young Scientists College has joined the long list of the white elephant projects the governor will launch with fanfare but not complete, 20 months to the end of his administration.

This came as Hon. Raymond Emeana, a former member of the Imo State House of Assembly and the State Secretary of PDP, has alleged that the 27 General Hospitals reportedly built by Governor Okorocha are actually 26 white elephant hospital projects, 25 of them are merely homes for rodents and criminal elements.

He said: “While he owes civil servants, he said he has built 27 hospitals, there are no 27 hospitals, rather, there are just 26 buildings at the sites.

“We are now in July, which is about a year and ten months to the end of his tenure, none of those 26 hospitals has been completed except only one that is functional, and that is the one at Ikeduru LGA. It is functional not because the state government completed, it but because they handed it over to a private investor, who is now running it as his private clinic.

All the other 25, including the one for his LGA, Ideato South, including that at Mbaitoli where his deputy comes from, the one at Ezinihitte-Mbaise where the state chairman of the party is from, the one at Ngor-Okpala where the SSG is from, the one at Okigwe where the Speaker of the state House of Assembly is from, including the one at Nkwerre where his son-In-law, his Chief of Staff is from.

“None of them is functional, they are for you to see,” he stated.

Emeana further alleged that the state’s judiciary is now in terrible state of decay, operating without power supply, poor accommodation and without working materials.

He dismissed as ‘abracadabra’, the governor’s free education policy, saying with the policy, the position of Imo State has dramatically nosedived in the West Africa Certificate Examinations (WAEC) performance index. He added that the Imo State University has lost accreditation in critical study areas.

They also alleged that the governor was not obeying court orders since he assumed office. They noted that courts ordered him to reinstate the chairman of Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers, Eze Cletus Ilomuanya of Obinugwu, Orlu, which he has not done. They also alleged that a court of competent jurisdiction restrained the governor from demolishing Captain Emmanuel Ihenacho’s property, but he went ahead and destroyed the property.

When one of our correspondents sought the reaction of the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodu, he went off on the reporter, asking if they heard him say so and when.

Without waiting to hear the rest of the question, he retorted in a very hostile tone saying, “This is gutter journalism where you people carry lies about people”.

He shouted, “Who is your editor? Whoever your editor is, tell him that he is not worthy to be an editor for asking you to get me to react to such nonsense. I beg get off my phone!”

He finished aggressively and promptly hung up.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by NonsoPlatinum: 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted in the Igbo-British community. Have a look at their channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZWXvT7Xd4&t=4s&list=PL1UutY7_uGmtEGSsfb34VMHIHePjy67xV&index=8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Crossing The Lake Chad River As The Battle Rages (Video) / Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? / Tinubu's Loyalists Stage Solidarity Walk In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.