Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo (41155 Views)

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Signpost Destroyed In Owerri (Photos) / Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President / Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf In Owerri Pictured Ahead Of Visit To Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by OMANBALA1: 6:39am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

How can you write that Imo doesn't have Nze n' Ozo? You need an update on Igbo culture and history. Even in areas without "Ozo" they have red cap Chiefs like "Oha" and it extends beyond Igboland to Rivers State.

Nze na Ozo got to northern Imo through people in southern Anambra. Even a core Aro town like Arondizuogu has Nze na Ozo. The red cap got to the Omanbala chiefs who took the Ozo title during 18 century through Igala merchants who sold it specifically to the title men and those with ichi scarification. It spread to other areas with Ozo titles and similar like Enuani. As at 1980s every Igbo with red hat definitely has Nze na Ozo.

Ozo men carry a hand fan with their name weaved on the leather fan with which they exchange the noble greetings. In Anambra you will be hard pressed to find any man with a red hat who doesnt have Ozo title,especially in Omanbala,Idenmili, Awka, Njikoka, Ifitedunu,Ogbaru ,Onicha,Anaocha, Ekwusigo and Nnewi.

The red cap is a sacred cultural item of the Anambra people but today every tom and diick is wearing one. Rivers people, formerly, wore fedora hat that white men gave to them in exchange for their slave runs... Ndi Ikwerre enwero ako na uche.
This is not the first time you are mentioning this your Duru and Oha title but we dont even know what they are but I know one thing, they are not Nze na Ozo title. Nze na Ozo comes through your lineage thats why we can never give a foreigner an Ozo title. You can get the typical honorary title for your philanthropy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Smytter(m): 6:48am On Nov 10, 2017
legitnow:

OK! I DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG IN OKOROCHA CHARITY PROJECT.

I HAVE ALOT OF RESERVATION ON OKOROCHA AS A GOV BUT I CANNOT CRUCIFY HIM ON ALL ACCOUNT.

THAT IS NOT MY NATURE AS A PERSON.

IT IS A CHARITY PROJECT, DONT START GIVING YORUBAS AND ABOKI OPPORTUNITY TO RIDICULE A GENUINE EFFORT.

OKOROCHA IS TRYING BUT HIS MEANS ARE INDEED QUESTIONABLE.
so quick to judge! Now that is from ur part of country, you cool it down like NEW EDITION! Tribalism will always be a problem in nigeria
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by omoadeleye(m): 6:54am On Nov 10, 2017
At least in the future, Imo state will be become a musium so enough internal revenue will be generated by the state...
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by umarshehu58(m): 6:55am On Nov 10, 2017
What of the COMMISSIONING of the statue? Imolites how far?
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2017
Homeboiy:
So chieftaincy title is now a common noun in IMO state

Eziokwu okorocha amaghi ome n'ala undecided
okorocha the best Governor nigeria ever produced' making history
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by chineduemmao: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2017
Amarabae:
so? How can you try to compare Ellen Johnson sirleaf to Evans?
we cant but we can relate him to Zuma he got the first piece remember
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by chineduemmao: 7:11am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

How can you write that Imo doesn't have Nze n' Ozo? You need an update on Igbo culture and history. Even in areas without "Ozo" they have red cap Chiefs like "Oha" and it extends beyond Igboland to Rivers State.
u seem to kn the truth but u are being double standard with urself... why
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by lascopes(m): 7:13am On Nov 10, 2017
Great biafrans and Mumu attitude...SMH lipsrsealed
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:17am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is one of the greatest women in modern African history and the only female President ever to emerge out of Africa.

Get your fact right. She's not the only African female president.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Ohaneche(m): 7:17am On Nov 10, 2017
It takes intelligence to understand the moves Rochas is taking. Of all the states in Nigeria, the great Ellen Johnson chose Imo state for an official visit. I am not an Imolite but I assure u guys to ponder on the benefit of all these visits beyond criticism

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by mmsen: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2017
able88:
Just see how these mumu traditional men are dishing out prestigious titles.

These people don't know that there's a right of passage before a woman should be conferred with that title.

Let them keep dashing titles so that we can all see how meaningless they are and eventually be rid of the whole chieftancy nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by EmekaBlue(m): 7:26am On Nov 10, 2017
Amadioha is watching....
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by KENZINCO(m): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2017
With tittle or with statue ?
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by tchimatic(m): 7:33am On Nov 10, 2017
legitnow:

I HAVE ALOT OF RESERVATION ON OKOROCHA AS A GOV BUT I CANNOT CRUCIFY HIM ON ALL ACCOUNT.

IT IS A CHARITY PROJECT, DONT START GIVING YORUBAS AND ABOKI OPPORTUNITY TO RIDICULE A GENUINE EFFORT.

My brother..... Okorocha is a disgrace to the people Imo state and Igboland !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 10, 2017
Flashh:
Okorocha dey perfect for eye service matter.

You sabi am finish

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by highpriest4: 7:35am On Nov 10, 2017
legitnow:

Y ARE U SO PAINED AFONJA?

Y DO U CARRY EASTERN PEOPLE MATTER ON UR CONE HEAD LIKE AMALA AND GBEGIRI?

I BET IF THIS WAS DONE IN KADUNA, UR AMALA MOUTH WILL KEEP NORM.

THE ONLY PROBLEM I PERSONALLY HAVE WITH SOME OF U, IS UR BIGOTRY AND BITTERNESS.

U SUCK!
close your mouth, this has nothing to do with afonja

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by 8stargeneral: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2017
I weep for imo state

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Kakamorufu(m): 7:38am On Nov 10, 2017
legitnow:

Y ARE U SO PAINED AFONJA?

Y DO U CARRY EASTERN PEOPLE MATTER ON UR CONE HEAD LIKE AMALA AND GBEGIRI?

I BET IF THIS WAS DONE IN KADUNA, UR AMALA MOUTH WILL KEEP NORM.

THE ONLY PROBLEM I PERSONALLY HAVE WITH SOME OF U, IS UR BIGOTRY AND BITTERNESS.

U SUCK!
so anybody that talk negative of igbo is automatically an afonja. This obsession is first class. I laugh at ur ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by IkemChris(m): 7:39am On Nov 10, 2017
Sometimes I just regret knowing this guy is from IMO State

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by SPYROOC12(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2017
when will the unviel my own na? the shld also brng all ds africa lng pot belly serving leaders
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by irynterri(f): 7:50am On Nov 10, 2017
legitnow:

o ihe a n'ewetu m ebe ndi Igbo no, we are yet to understand the golden rule of charity begins at home, if he makes taking care if his people like pensioners,complete the remaining road projects and those his hospitals who would complain, of all the Igbo women working had to promote our culture it is a Liberian woman that cannot say bia they saw it wise to give such a statue all for personal gain, traditionally such titles are for women who have contributed but now whoever scratches the back of the governor, tell me if you have ever seen any Yoruba king award top titles to a non-yoruba woman talk more or less one that has not lived in their land or contributed to their culture

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 10, 2017
Ohaneche:
It takes intelligence to understand the moves Rochas is taking. Of all the states in Nigeria, the great Ellen Johnson chose Imo state for an official visit. I am not an Imolite but I assure u guys to ponder on the benefit of all these visits beyond criticism

What sort of benefits sir. She would forget Imo state exist once she gets back to her country and starts attending to matters that matter.

Now, I heard Rochas had not paid civil servants salary.

The road network in Imo state is poor.

There are no Jobs in Imo state hence the outflow of indigenes to other States like Lagos.

Brother, education in Imo state is on the decline. I hardly see any Imo state person that completed his/her education in Imo state, speak good English or solve simple arithmetics.

Okorocha should also do a competency test on primary and secondary school teachers just like El Rufai is doing in Kaduna.

Instead Okorocha became governor and started paying students in public schools money to go to school. He knew people will fall for the money.

Parents that could afford private schools for their children withdrew their children and sent them to public schools with sub standard teachers.

Okorocha is a con artist. He wants to become president of Nigeria and he's doing all he can to achieve it.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Mccullum: 7:56am On Nov 10, 2017
I can't blame Okorocha on this because the woman worth it. from my own sense of reasoning I think his calculations and conclusion to honour first only female president in Africa is sensible.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by DavIkenna(m): 7:56am On Nov 10, 2017
"vision 2030 of the Rochas Foundation College of Africa which has been programmed to ensure that more than one million children of Africa are taken off the streets and given quality education."

hmmm pls hlp me out...

D money spent on dis occasions, foundation nd statue, why not use it to address d state nursery, primary nd secondary schs n imo. Grassroot education in all lga's n imo. Dat way u will ensure billions of children r taken off d street
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Abagworo(m): 8:10am On Nov 10, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Nze na Ozo got to northern Imo through people in southern Anambra. Even a core Aro town like Arondizuogu has Nze na Ozo. The red cap got to the Omanbala chiefs who took the Ozo title during 18 century through Igala merchants who sold it specifically to the title men and those with ichi scarification. It spread to other areas with Ozo titles and similar like Enuani. As at 1980s every Igbo with red hat definitely has Nze na Ozo.

Ozo men carry a hand fan with their name weaved on the leather fan with which they exchange the noble greetings. In Anambra you will be hard pressed to find any man with a red hat who doesnt have Ozo title,especially in Omanbala,Idenmili, Awka, Njikoka, Ifitedunu,Ogbaru ,Onicha,Anaocha, Ekwusigo and Nnewi.

The red cap is a sacred cultural item of the Anambra people but today every tom and diick is wearing one. Rivers people, formerly, wore fedora hat that white men gave to them in exchange for their slave runs... Ndi Ikwerre enwero ako na uche.
This is not the first time you are mentioning this your Duru and Oha title but we dont even know what they are but I know one thing, they are not Nze na Ozo title. Nze na Ozo comes through your lineage thats why we can never give a foreigner an Ozo title. You can get the typical honorary title for your philanthropy.

You don't even know what is Ozo title and you wrote a full page of balderdash. The eagle feather played more significant role than the cap in the past but Ozo title is an Igbo thing and not Anambra. Moreover Nnewis, Aguata, Anaocha, Ihiala, Ekwusigo, and Orumbas are all closely packed with Imo State in a non-stop sprawl that the only difference is artificial State boundary.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by one4GOD(f): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:
GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE
PRESS RELEASE

SUBJECT: PRESIDENT OF LIBERIA MRS. ELLEN JOHNSON SIRLEAF ARRIVES IMO, RECEIVES CHIEFTAINCY TITLE OF “ADA DI OHA NMA” OF IMO STATE
- SAYS AFRICA HASN’T DONE BADLY
- AS GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA DESCRIBES HER AS A PRIDE TO AFRICA

President of Liberia, Mrs. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has been honoured with a befitting Chieftaincy title of “ADA DI OHA NMA” of Imo State. The Chieftaincy title was conferred on her by the Chairman of the State Council of Traditional Rulers, HRM, Eze Samuel Ohiri at the Eze Imo Palace Owerri on Thursday, November 9, 2017.
President Sirleaf had arrived Owerri through the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport where the Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha received her with the wife, Nneoma Nkechi Okorocha and other Senior government functionaries, and she is in the State for a two-day visit on the invitation of the Rochas Foundation College of Africa.
The Liberian President was driven straight to the Eze Imo Palace at Mbari Street Owerri where she was Conferred with the Chieftaincy title which means, “The Daughter that is good for all”.
Conferring the Chieftaincy title on Mrs. Sirleaf, Eze Ohiri said she has done Africa proud especially the women folks and deserves to be honoured.
Receiving the Chieftaincy title, Mrs. Sirleaf said she was happy to be in Imo State and noted that generally speaking Africa as a Continent and the nations that Constitute the region have not done badly in all Considerations, adding that with Education, hardwork and Unity of purpose, Africa would soon get to the Promised Land.
Governor Rochas Okorocha in his own speech stated that Mrs. Sirleaf is a pride to Africa and an inspiration to all the women in Africa and beyond, adding that her coming to the State was exciting.
The Liberian President would on Friday, November 10, 2017 meet with the Students of Rochas Foundation College of Africa for interaction and would also particularly parley with Liberian Students in the College whose Parents died of the Ebola disease.
It is also expected that the Liberian President will buy into the vision 2030 of the Rochas Foundation College of Africa which has been programmed to ensure that more than one million children of Africa are taken off the streets and given quality education.
Mrs. Sirleaf will also deliver a lecture to Imo women on the title “Women in Politics” and will equally be honoured with Imo Merit Award and a road to be named after her, while a statue will also be unveiled in her honour and her name given a place in the Imo Hall of Fame.
Some African leaders had earlier been honoured, and the people of the State are happy to be receiving these leaders Since the State has so much been developed by the Current government in its urban Renewal Programme which has made the State fit to host any leader from any part of the world.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
Her picture in photo No.6 reminds me of the major role player in the movie I watched long ago 'the gods must be crazy' grin grin grin
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by zuto4u(m): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2017
Your apology or your sympathy?
Shadbay:
Lol! Ndi Imo, Ndonu! Accept my apology!
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Abagworo(m): 8:17am On Nov 10, 2017
Weselion:

What sort of benefits sir. She would forget Imo state exist once she gets back to her country and starts attending to matters that matter.

Now, I heard Rochas had not paid civil servants salary.

The road network in Imo state is poor.

There are no Jobs in Imo state hence the outflow of indigenes to other States like Lagos.

Brother, education in Imo state is on the decline. I hardly see any Imo state person that completed his/her education in Imo state, speak good English or solve simple arithmetics.

Okorocha should also do a competency test on primary and secondary school teachers just like El Rufai is doing in Kaduna.

Instead Okorocha became governor and started paying students in public schools money to go to school. He knew people will fall for the money.

Parents that could afford private schools for their children withdrew their children and sent them to public schools with sub standard teachers.

Okorocha is a con artist. He wants to become president of Nigeria and he's doing all he can to achieve it.

The only truth you wrote is that Okorocha is working towards becoming President but the others are lies that you wrote out of misinformation. Okorocha is not owing workers and Imo State tops all of Nigeria in education. There is free education in Imo State from primary to University and it's the only State in Nigerian history that has ever done that. Pensioners are owed but most of the arrears were inherited from past governments and he is presently trying his best to reduce or clear the arrears.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by wingmanII: 8:19am On Nov 10, 2017
Eze Imo?? Is there any such thing?? This Okoroawusa is truly on a mission to destroy Imo state. God pass am sha.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Cherez: 8:24am On Nov 10, 2017
Amarabae:
she totally deserves it..
Enough of this unnecessary hatred on anything okorocha,
She is a worthy visitor to Igboland and a chieftaincy title is a way of appreciation.
I may not like okorocha fully but let's be criticising him with points abeg.

Why are awards given? Is it not for one's contribution to a particular community? You don't give awards In-view of what will be done but what was done.
Anybody supporting these acts by Okorocha should examine it well.
The monies (N520million per statue of so) used for these statues can raise over a 520 Imo youths to become millionaires and help Imo IN at least 20 different industrial areas by means of a project like YOUWIN or so.
Bringing these presidents will not bring a dime to Imo.
How many countries grew by drawing foreign presidents to their countries than BUILDING HUMAN CAPACITY INTERNALLY?
I'm from Anambra and Imo used to be better in education back then but I know even without statistics, you won't even agree to this today anymore. Anambra used to be a state of business men only but not anymore.
Can you compare the welfare of the Anambra state's civil servant to that of Imo state which is even an older state?
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Austin234(m): 8:27am On Nov 10, 2017
I am afraid the way and manner Governor Rochas doll out honors to some African leaders forgetting his own president, Muhammad Buhari, the latter may fall out with him oo. By the way, shebi na tax payers money they use for these Elephant projects when pensioners are being owed in Imo State. What an irony?
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Honored With Chieftaincy Title "Adadiohanma" In Imo (Photo by Bullhari007(m): 8:31am On Nov 10, 2017
Adadiohamma for doing absolutely nothing for imolite ... abeg who did this people wrong okoroawusa is a clown TUFIAKWA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Killers Of Deborah Samuel Must Face Justice - British High Commission / Dele Momodu Cautions Reno Omokri Over Attacks On Peter Obi / Uzodinma: Okorocha Is My Brother, I Have Begged Him For Forgiveness:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.