Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,193 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats (16162 Views)

Ekiti Governorship Election: Police Officers In High Spirits (Photos) / Police Warn IPOB Over Buhari’s Visit To South-east / Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by tuscani: 7:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
optional1:

If my dumb comment doesn't sit with you, why not move away instead of been dumb yourself by quoting a dumb comment...

Is not a most for you to vote sit @ the comfort of your home while others do what they feel is right for them to do...

Let the police shot anyone who tries to disrupt the election...
Optional 1, are you this vulgar and recalssitrant?
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Leez(m): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
BeijinDossier:
Ipob miscreants should stay away from Anambra or be prepared to face the consequences.
what is ds one saying undecided undecided
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Handsomecole(m): 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
There is no problem we shall give them our Federal result if they like let them not accept it...
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by zoedew: 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2017
What is “gracious” about the IGP deploying more policemen to a place their services are required? The servile tendency in our society signposts how much progress our society has not made.
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by TheKingdom: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
legitnow:
IT IS BETTER FOR NDI ANAMBRA TO SIT IN THEIR HOUSE BECOS ANYBODY THEY KILL IS IPOB.

SIT IN UR HOUSE AND LET BUHARI, APC AND MILITARY FINISH WAT THEY STARTED BY RIGGING THE ELECTION.

Has 26,000 soldiers been deployed in Borno or Plateu state to deal with herdsmen or Boko Haram?

A FG that cant provide good healthcare for their president can quickly respond to a call to boycott the stupid election LOL

What are they fearing?
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by mavinc4u(f): 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2017
Oh my word. Let me call my relations and friends down there and warn them not to go out on that day in the name of casting any vote. They should all remain indoor for me, life no get duplicate. Where is my phone?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
whateverkay:
sad Since the federal government has declared IPOB as a terrorist group, they should lure all their members into a stadium with the aim of dialogue and bomb them to smithereens. That way IPOB and biafra will be dead and forgotten sad
wow! i don't support Ipob but i wouldn't want them to be bombed, After bombing Igbos who might be next? tall people? short people, taxi drivers disable people? muslims or catholics? which category do you fall in? and you will be happy living in the country were government lures it's citizens into a stadium and bombs them just because they don't agree with their political positions? from this your comments i ve just realised that the problem with nigeria isn't the politicians, it is nigerians!

next time a citizen is brutalised or killed by the Government i bet you will be the first to blame the government. grin
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by tballeyy(m): 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
greatface:
Read through your comment again and tell me whose reaction actually sounds stupid if not yours.
keep quiet terro
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by franchizy(m): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
I wish the security outfits more bullets to there guns.

Shot on sight must be applied on the 18th November.

We must send the terorist to Hell.

We Anambrans will vote the candidate of our choice in the person of Tony Nwoye
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by ipobarecriminals: 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
cool dey should carry a good kobokos(HORSEWHIPS) Those WILD PIGS need special. flogging
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Abali123: 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
Chai!!! Obiano ndo oh. APC is finally going to claim Anambra next Saturday.
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Starships4u(m): 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
optional1:

they are warning them now oh.. If bullet start flying and hitting people they will start calling ICC..
my good friend i dint expect this from yhu....
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by oxprince2(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
adadike281:
if they like, they should deploy one million police officers, I must vote on Saturday. Apga all d way!

Vote and die...... ☺

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Uchenduin: 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Ipob terrorists from Abia and Ebonyi coming all the way 4rm their states to boycott election in our great Anambra land because they jealous the success of Anambra.
We Anambrans should fight them off. We Anambrans belong to One Nigeria and must duly exercise our franchise because if we fail to vote then FG will impose the North to rule over us after november 18th.
if ipob terrorists don't rescind on their threats then I can see Mallam Ahkbar Abubakar Kashimu becoming an administrator in Anambra state after november 18. By then u will realize that Namdi Kanu all the way from Abia will cause the downfall of Anambra the Light of the Nation.

Illiteracy in action!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by nnokwa042(m): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Ipob terrorists from Abia and Ebonyi coming all the way 4rm their states to boycott election in our great Anambra land because they jealous the success of Anambra.
We Anambrans should fight them off. We Anambrans belong to One Nigeria and must duly exercise our franchise because if we fail to vote then FG will impose the North to rule over us after november 18th.
if ipob terrorists don't rescind on their threats then I can see Mallam Ahkbar Abubakar Kashimu becoming an administrator in Anambra state after november 18. By then u will realize that Namdi Kanu all the way from Abia will cause the downfall of Anambra the Light of the Nation.
afonja if u like put nnamdi as ur name we know u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by lawalosky(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
grin
ibhacker:
The Nigeria Police Force has deployed 26,000, 15 gunboats and 303 patrol vehicles for the Anambra State gubernatorial election scheduled for 18 November. This was disclosed in a statement by Mr. Jimoh Moshood, Force Public Relations Officer.

According to the statement, the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of Department of Operations of the Force has been deployed to the state and will be assisted by an Assistant Inspector-General of Police and three Commissioners of Police to be in charge of each Senatorial District.

“In order to ensure adequate security and safety of lives and properties before, during and after the elections, the Inspector General of Police has graciously approved deployment of additional 26,000 Police personnel, comprising the Police Special Forces, Police Mobile Force, the Counter- Terrorism Unit (CTU), Special Protection Unit (SPU), the Anti Bomb Squad (EOD), the Force Marine Police, Conventional Policemen, the Force Armament Unit, personnel from Force Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department (FCIID), Mounted Troops, the attack and Sniffer Dogs Section, Police Gun Boats, Police Helicopters and Armored Personnel Carriers (APC) to Anambra State and most of these personnel are already on the ground,” the statement said.

It added that the deployed equipment will be deployed to cover entire state, including riverine areas and difficult terrains. In addition, other security and safety agencies, which are members of Inter-Agency Consultative Committee on Election Security (ICCES) in the state are also deployed to complement the Police.

“Four policemen are deployed to each polling unit along with personnel of other security and safety agencies. No armed security personnel will be allowed within the polling units. Armed Police detachments on patrol vehicles are going to patrol the streets and other locations throughout the state to prevent crime and intervene to quell any violence that may occur during the election,” the statement further said.

To further ensure peaceful conduct of the election, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mr Ibrahim K. Idris, and Chairman, Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) will meet stakeholders and political parties, their flag bearers before the date of the election.

The statement warned that Police personnel deployed for the election must be polite and civil, but firm.

“They are to provide adequate security for the electorate, INEC officials, election materials, election observers and other individuals and bodies that have statutory roles in the conduct of the election, at the polling booths, collation centers, and INEC offices in Anambra State throughout the period of the election,” stated the Police.

The Police also announced that vehicular movement in the state between 12 midnight on 17 November till after the voting period on the day of the election. Government agencies and personnel on essential duties and services, however, will be allowed passage within the period.

“Security identification tag will be provided for all the security and safety agencies, INEC officials, election observers/monitors and others that have statutory duties to carry out in the election. The security personnel deployed will only operate within the area they are posted for the election,” the Police said.

The statement also declared that Commissioners of Police and personnel in the states contiguous to Anambra State have been put on red-alert not to allow an influx of miscreants and thugs into Anambra State. Also, a broad-spectrum security threats assessment is in progress.

“All the identified flashpoints, trouble spots and other perceived violence/vulnerable areas in the state have been profiled and appropriate pragmatic strategies and tactics have been implemented to checkmate and tackle them ahead of the election.Consequent on the renewed threat by the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and other affiliate groups to disrupt the election, the Force has deployed Special Police Forces, Police Mobile Force, Specially Trained Counter-Terrorism Unit and other intelligence and tactical Squads to deal decisively with IPOB,” the statement added.

The Police assured voters of adequate security, warning IPOB to stay off polling units. The Force also warned political parties, traditional rulers, community leaders, parents and guardians to advise their followers and wards to be law-abiding or face the full weight of the law.

SOURCE http://www.naijanews247.com/2017/11/12/police-warn-ipob-deploy-26000-officers-15-gunboats/
grin
ibhacker:
The Nigeria Police Force has deployed 26,000, 15 gunboats and 303 patrol vehicles for the Anambra State gubernatorial election scheduled for 18 November. This was disclosed in a statement by Mr. Jimoh Moshood, Force Public Relations Officer.

According to the statement, the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of Department of Operations of the Force has been deployed to the state and will be assisted by an Assistant Inspector-General of Police and three Commissioners of Police to be in charge of each Senatorial District.

“In order to ensure adequate security and safety of lives and properties before, during and after the elections, the Inspector General of Police has graciously approved deployment of additional 26,000 Police personnel, comprising the Police Special Forces, Police Mobile Force, the Counter- Terrorism Unit (CTU), Special Protection Unit (SPU), the Anti Bomb Squad (EOD), the Force Marine Police, Conventional Policemen, the Force Armament Unit, personnel from Force Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department (FCIID), Mounted Troops, the attack and Sniffer Dogs Section, Police Gun Boats, Police Helicopters and Armored Personnel Carriers (APC) to Anambra State and most of these personnel are already on the ground,” the statement said.

It added that the deployed equipment will be deployed to cover entire state, including riverine areas and difficult terrains. In addition, other security and safety agencies, which are members of Inter-Agency Consultative Committee on Election Security (ICCES) in the state are also deployed to complement the Police.

“Four policemen are deployed to each polling unit along with personnel of other security and safety agencies. No armed security personnel will be allowed within the polling units. Armed Police detachments on patrol vehicles are going to patrol the streets and other locations throughout the state to prevent crime and intervene to quell any violence that may occur during the election,” the statement further said.

To further ensure peaceful conduct of the election, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mr Ibrahim K. Idris, and Chairman, Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) will meet stakeholders and political parties, their flag bearers before the date of the election.

The statement warned that Police personnel deployed for the election must be polite and civil, but firm.

“They are to provide adequate security for the electorate, INEC officials, election materials, election observers and other individuals and bodies that have statutory roles in the conduct of the election, at the polling booths, collation centers, and INEC offices in Anambra State throughout the period of the election,” stated the Police.

The Police also announced that vehicular movement in the state between 12 midnight on 17 November till after the voting period on the day of the election. Government agencies and personnel on essential duties and services, however, will be allowed passage within the period.

“Security identification tag will be provided for all the security and safety agencies, INEC officials, election observers/monitors and others that have statutory duties to carry out in the election. The security personnel deployed will only operate within the area they are posted for the election,” the Police said.

The statement also declared that Commissioners of Police and personnel in the states contiguous to Anambra State have been put on red-alert not to allow an influx of miscreants and thugs into Anambra State. Also, a broad-spectrum security threats assessment is in progress.

“All the identified flashpoints, trouble spots and other perceived violence/vulnerable areas in the state have been profiled and appropriate pragmatic strategies and tactics have been implemented to checkmate and tackle them ahead of the election.Consequent on the renewed threat by the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and other affiliate groups to disrupt the election, the Force has deployed Special Police Forces, Police Mobile Force, Specially Trained Counter-Terrorism Unit and other intelligence and tactical Squads to deal decisively with IPOB,” the statement added.

The Police assured voters of adequate security, warning IPOB to stay off polling units. The Force also warned political parties, traditional rulers, community leaders, parents and guardians to advise their followers and wards to be law-abiding or face the full weight of the law.

SOURCE http://www.naijanews247.com/2017/11/12/police-warn-ipob-deploy-26000-officers-15-gunboats/
wich one be APC again?
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by amazon14: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
26,000? That alone can count for the election. Let them kuku divid the this number among the partys and leave Anambra people to enjoy our NSALA DAY

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
nnokwa042:
afonja if u like put nnamdi as ur name we know u
so because i don't subscribe to this same ideology with Igbos then i'm automatically an afonja abi?
I pity u.
For ur information i am a full blooded igbo man
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2017
Uchenduin:

Illiteracy in action!
me and Namdi Cownu na who illiterate pass. I'm a graduate, he's a drop out.
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by adadike281(f): 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
oxprince2:

Vote and die...... ☺
u will be d first to die! ewu na mari' ife!
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by bencynthgreat: 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hahahahahahaha what a mediocre country 26,000 police for election? and the deluded youths are rejoicing? This is so hilarious and the simple fact is Nigeria is still a 4th world country not even a 3rd world country. what will make a sane man to come out in a war zone to vote. this is so pathetic
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Kamanuozuzu: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
November 18th: Ofe Nsala Day!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by nnokwa042(m): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
so because i don't subscribe to this same ideology with Igbos then i'm automatically an afonja abi?
I pity u.
For ur information i am a full blooded igbo man
normal Igbo person or my mama tell me say abi Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
nnokwa042:
normal Igbo person or my mama tell me say abi Igbo?
i am ndi igbo but i am not infested with the kanu virus that has affected you and spread to all the unemployed jobless youths in the south east.
Go sort yourself out.
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
Donkay82:
terrorism is a serious matter,that's how boko started we don't want to learn twice,any terrorist agenda must be quashed with brute force

So demanding of referendum for restoration of the former Independent republic were captured by warlisation injusticely.

What were the agreements or conditions that birth to Biafra and Nigeria civil war's ceasefires?

If I may ask you Mr. Judge of nairaland, what is the meaning of "referendum and boycotting"? Keep your political ethic and religious befief aside. Ever since your corrupt visionsless government attacked and trying to stop unarmed IPOB agitations for referendum, suddenly slogans for restructuring has died down. Why?
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by nnokwa042(m): 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
i am ndi igbo but i am not infested with the kanu virus that has affected you and spread to all the unemployed jobless youths in the south east.
Go sort yourself out.
and you as Steve job of Nigeria u can employ them ,ur case is beyond me 101% ur not nwafor
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by UchaNwababa: 12:12am On Nov 14, 2017
optional1:

they are warning them now oh.. If bullet start flying and hitting people they will start calling ICC..
Consequencies of thr Ewedu Soup
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by cckalima: 12:18am On Nov 14, 2017
Macgreat:
Nigeria will be great again.
in another world
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by MrGerald(m): 12:19am On Nov 14, 2017
ibhacker:

Mtcheeww.. worst police in this world
Re: Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats by cckalima: 12:30am On Nov 14, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
ehh kayode abduwahab when did you become an Igbo man? I know your style of writing. my friend sora e

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP: Dasuki, Sowore’s Release Has Not Changed Opinion About Buhari’s Government / Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual Federal Executive Council (FEC) Meeting (Photos) / FCT Minister, Wike Inspects Guzape, Jahi Road Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.