Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? (11009 Views)

Shout Out To My Spouse! / Living Without My Spouse For 6 Months (At Least) / My Spouse Came To Embarrass Me At My Working Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by mamagee3(f): 11:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
If you have the courage to, you can before you find yourself in the same position as Cheater Woods. tongue
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by MONAGHAN: 11:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
well if u are a man ,show her how sorry you are and promise her to start to wash her pants

but
if you are a woman na two things involve

first of all go and buy BOY 2 MEN RECORD ( END OF THE ROAD )

Secondly just leave a note and waka

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mumu in 3 D
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by akinolasam: 12:08am On Mar 24, 2010
Pweety4me

NOT A RESEARCH, BUT A LIVE ISSUE THAT NEED URGENT ATTENTION

a confused mind and do not know what to do
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by brightO5: 12:13am On Mar 24, 2010
I think its beta to tell if you are a man, but you might make the story up to look as if you didnt mean to cheat on her.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by comechop(m): 12:34am On Mar 24, 2010
My 2c:

No matter how you may try to paint it - she/he does have a right to know. Relationships are built on trust and honesty. Unless yours wasn't.
Best to face it now, that to keep it for later.

In either case, hope you have learnt your lesson. All the best.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by sayso: 7:57am On Mar 24, 2010
if you talk,opari
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by queenesthr(f): 9:23am On Mar 24, 2010
The first thing is to find out the underlying reason for the adultery. There is always some level of dissatisfaction that makes a man or woman to seek for validation outside of the marriage.

For women, it is usually when the man is not a good breadwinner, for men the reasons are varied.

The issue is really not about confessing or not confessing rather it is about finding the root cause and dealing with it, if not the adultery will rear up its head again sooner or later.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by stereotype: 10:17am On Mar 24, 2010
Poster, i like your attitude and courage. You seem to be a really nice guy. Don't tell your wife and don't do it again.

I've been married for 4 years now and i can't count the number of times and number of women i've been with. how do i begin to confess to my wife?

(abeg, don't eat me raw for being truthful)
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by TEEMAMA1(f): 10:40am On Mar 24, 2010
No matter what is it that you have done wrong let it dye down in you and buried it instantly dont ever discuss it with anybody cause our mind is not easy to read and our mind is more deeper than heaven and we dont no who truely love us just allow the issue to die in you no matter how bad the issue was and vow within you that nothing like that will ever happen again and beg for forgiveness of sin from the lord
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by ud4u: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2010
OYesooooo you have to.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by teemy(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2010
The fact that we decide that we would keep mum on issues we are involved in or even lie about them is a sure sign that we originally were ready to engage in such areas and have the ready excuse when challenged. The mindset is already prepared so what stops us from repeating it over again?

I say let's be plain truthful and have a clear conscience in the life we decide to live.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by YD(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2010
@ poster.
from experience, if you are a lady and u r certain he'll never find out, then stay mute, pls. personally, i always thot i cld handle such news (partner cheating) until i heard the news, FROM HER! anyway d rest na story. . . but if u're a guy, maybe u can consider telling her, nature's made it such that ladies forgive better without much damages after that day,i now wonder how they do it
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by alldone(m): 5:15pm On Mar 24, 2010
you need to way ur option, the most important thing is to forgive yourself for disappointing yourself. You may tell your spouse and still continue so the most important thing is to work on yourself first. telling may cause more problem but if he/she will findout it is better to come from u.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by idowugbemi(m): 10:56am On Mar 25, 2010
U dont need to tell him or her any thing simply because if u do and u think dat is all.you dont know whom ur partner might discuss the issue with.and he or she can be mislead and react in a negetive ways to u.so keep it with u and pray for forgiveness of sin,because is only God that can 4give us our sins and makesure you don't do that again.thanks
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Chongaiman: 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2010
What the mind does not know, the heart does not grieve about.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by chigir: 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2010
if u are a woman,and you love your marriage,better keep your mouth shut.if u are a catholic,confess your sins to the priest and ask God for forgiveness of sin.pray seriously with psalms 51 with a broken heart,i bet you,you will be happy again.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Amjustme: 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2010
the truth is that as far as its a woman whether you tell her or not ur in soup BUT its safest you tell her and whatever rubbish she says; understand that she is angry and apologise<no matter what!> u provoked her remember. Not telling her would harden ur conscience which u should try to avoid at all cost.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Princelii: 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
It pays to confess.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by D1KeleVra(m): 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2010
^^ lie! cool
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by rasputinn(m): 2:32am On Mar 27, 2010
Tell her this once,then don't tell her subsequently.Sorry just playing.
Really you should tell her only if you’re sure you won’t repeat the incident.To come on nairaland to fess and ask for advice is a good sign,a sign that you’re sorry,so yea fess up to ur wife.Dont drop the bombshell in one fell swoop,tell her there’s something you did something you hate that you wanna talk to her about,when you get home take her to the bedroom and soberly tell her what happened and how badly you feel about it.Of course you gasto promise her it’ll never happen again
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by etutor: 4:36am On Mar 27, 2010
By now u must have confess. How far!!
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by AreU4real: 6:22am On Mar 27, 2010
Confess!! One day it will catch up with you, it will be 10 times worse then if you don't deal with it now, ask for forgiveness from your spouse & God. Repent,confess, you shall be set free, if not it will eat you up inside! Good luck!
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by etutor: 3:17pm On Mar 27, 2010
I have not heard any response from u. Are still undecided or getting more confused.
take courage to do the right. Feel for your home on d ocean bank. The sed is sown already but do not allow it to blossom and bear sour fruits.
Let's have a heart to heart talk on etutor7@yahoo.com
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Moshod2010: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2010
[b][/b]I AM FEMI BY NAME WUNZY I WOULD LIKE TO CONVERSE WITH U, I VE SEEN SEVERE OF UR POST N AM SO ENCOURAGED MY MOBILE IS 08053948619, TAKIA
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by lannre(m): 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2010
confess if you care to. But the major thing are you stopping the attitude, my advice is once you have confessed please and please don't go back to such sinful act. You will be watch your spouse and U already know that the trust is once breached
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by 006(m): 4:33am On Mar 29, 2010
@ smooooooth
i wld advise u skip confession and move to repentance.

I think this is the best advice.
If there's no way he/she would found out, don't confess. If you do, know that you just started the countdown to the end of your marriage.
The best thing to do is to repent and vow never to do it again and remain true to it.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by OLA125: 10:12am On Mar 29, 2010
well! !! !!! It depen towards you and ur behaviors towards ur relationship , first of all first find out the relationship between that girl and ur SPOUSE if u notice their is nothing then try to take her to a very nice place eg MR BIGG'S or a place vernacular than that and tell her the story, but make sure she is full of smile before u could tell her the story. and make sure u don't go back to ur mictake. good luck[/color]
embarassed wink cry undecided
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by queeneve: 10:31am On Mar 29, 2010
I have one question,

Will you be upset if your spouse didn't tell you she or he had an affair? Wouldn't you like to know if your partner has an affair or not? Whatever your answer is that how you should address your spouse, because what good for the goose is good for the gander,

If you keep it hidden, it okay for your spouse to keep their hidden,

Check it boo!
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Ghredon(f): 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2010
you are like he goat
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by D1KeleVra(m): 1:04pm On Mar 30, 2010
^^ lol
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by aknel2k: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2010
there is a saying that states, never get caught. i was once in your shoes and tried telling my wife but meeen she went gaga so i had to make it look like a joke. in my heart i tried confessing but i assumed i did, at the same time till date i never attempted cheating on my wife, and till i die, never will I. My brother the trust is, true men loves their wife and also feel guilty when they've wrong their woman. Please i'll advice you try to avoid any temptations it would help. like avoiding been too close to another woman, avoid much calls from ladies, avoid nite outs and stop lookig at their butts or boobs, go to church regularly and mix a lot with the pple with the right attitude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Barely Used Baby Gears And Toys / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets On New Year’s Day In Enugu / Igbo Men Are The Most Caring In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.