Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity (53795 Views)

Zimbabwean Bedridden After Fasting For God To Give Him Lamborghini For His Babe / Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors / Pope Francis Gets $237,000 Lamborghini As Gift, But He Puts It Up For Auction To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by billyG(m): 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
A noble gesture,other corrupt pastors,GOs shld emulate pope francis.

1 Like

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
ibkayee:
Lol I have my car already, I'll be fine

wink

What make ?
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by wth28: 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

I'll ignore the insults in your post, it shows the sort of parents you have.

Some of the biggest publishers are Oxford University Press and Harper Collins. How many jets do they have?

How much revenue does Oyedepo make on his 1,500/copy books that he can afford 5 jets?

If not that he's inconsiderate, what is he doing with 5 jets when some of his church members are in hospitals and unable to pay their medical bills?

Oyedepo has 5 jets and Lagos State Government has how many?

1500 x 5 million people = 7.5 billion in dollar because you might not no how to convert into dollars $24 million yearly(Note this is minus his Earning from covenant university and Gifts )
Oyedapo jet ranges from $2.5 - $8 million, so tell me if he cannot afford it, though i know it is too much for him to have 5 since it can be directed into other sources. But the fact remains he can afford it without touching peoples tithe #Cut the man some slack And as for the jab thrown towards my mum i will reply to that as soon as i am done replying to other ignorant fellows
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by chynie: 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
wth28:

You see you just proof to be the biggest fool on Nairaland, Have you heard Of gift he never bought the private jet it was gifted secondly he writes book that sell to atleast 5 million people per each book at rate from N500 to N1,500 yearly example of such books sunday school manual, Open heaven and a lot more. Next time do not spit out ignorance
All these to support an error
Call a spade a spade
We Nigerians like sentiments.
The books can be given free e.g J. W
the gifts can be sold to help humanity e. g pope and OPM.
Seriously Nigerian version of Christianity is worst than other nations.
Where the heads are like kings and congregation ponds

4 Likes

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by aribisala0(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
snoopylinus:

Dem say na book him dey sell dey use buy private jets
Which book? 6 and 7 book of Moses?
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by blowjob: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
wth28:

Look at this idiot, tell me when did pastor Oyedapo or Adeboye buy a Lamborghini
RAM DEY CALL REASONABLE,THINKIN HUMAN IDIOT... angry angry
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by aribisala0(m): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
wth28:

1500 x 5 million people = 7.5 billion in dollar because you might not no how to convert into dollars $24 million yearly(Note this is minus his Earning from covenant university and Gifts )
[/b]
I confusing

1500 X5 million where do these numbers come from.. hat is this?

3 Likes

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by wth28: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
chynie:

All these to support an error
Call a spade a spade
We Nigerians like sentiments.
The books can be given free e.g J. W
the gifts can be sold to help humanity e. g pope and OPM.
Seriously Nigerian version of Christianity is worst than other nations.
Where the heads are like kings and congregation ponds
I am not disputing those facts you listed but people saying he stole tithe and offering to enrich himself is totally wrong and that is what i am trying to correct.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Ignyte(m): 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
1StopRudeness:

You are talking as if the pope doesn't have a private jet...
I understand where ur spit is hailing from...In as much as it is wrong cursing anyone....
but u wuld have been justified if the pope doesn't already have luxury cars and a private Jet......
All the same....nobody holy pass...na only God e sure for!
Head of State

1 Like

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by wth28: 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
aribisala0:

I confusing

1500 X5 million where do these numbers come from.. hat is this?
5million people buy their books at an average of N1500 what his confusing there
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Oksman(m): 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
bleckzy:
all hail d pope..dat car nice tho. but why would anyone in his right frame of mind give a Pope lambo? wetin e wan use am do

Best observation so far. You are absolutely right.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by emalekuo(m): 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

What work does Pastor Adeboye do that he has a private jet?

Since the jet is in his name and not the church's name, how much tax did he pay in the year preceeding the year he bought the jet?

You lack simple biblical knowledge. It obvious u are poor hence u saying all this. Even dangote sows millions yearly to the lives of these great men of God and u come here to make noise. I know of a man of God that dangote visited during his birthday, to cut the long story short if u put together all he had received before dangotes arrival it was still not up to what dangote gave him.
You will claim to be a Christian but remember dangote is not, but the principle is clear, givers never lack and the more u give the more u receive. If I ask u how much offering u have dropped n church from January till date may be 10,000. Is it your 10k that can't buy diesel that they will use in buying jet?
If u think church is a business why not open one after all it's obvious u are poor.
Tell God to bless u so that u will be able to buy your pastor a jet.
Go to pastor Adeboyes house,there is traffic of cars lined up owned by persons that came to drop them as seed all from north,south,east,west.
Nobody is deceiving anyone, practice what works for you.

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by figure007(m): 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
Our pastors should learn

May devil punish oyedipo and adebayo for using the poor sweat to buy jets and properties in their name while telling their gullible followers to save for treasures in heaven. Useless criminals

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by wth28: 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:

Many of them that offers gift to criminals like oyedipo and adeboye got the poor ones in their family and society, instead of enriching those criminals they can as well take care of their society
First of all define a criminal and the fact that they have poor one in their family that is in need who is to be blamed the pastor or the people. Or did the pastor put a gun to their head to give him gifts and ignore his people.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
may God bless you Papi... our Yoruba pastors should borrow sense from this man... wealth is vanity upon vanity, why saving it when you won't carry it to your grave , give it out while you are alive

1 Like

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by emalekuo(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

What work does Pastor Adeboye do that he has a private jet?

Since the jet is in his name and not the church's name, how much tax did he pay in the year preceeding the year he bought the jet?

You lack simple biblical knowledge. It obvious u are poor hence u saying all this. Even dangote sows millions yearly to the lives of these great men of God and u come here to make noise. I know of a man of God that dangote visited during his birthday, to cut the long story short if u put together all he had received before dangotes arrival it was still not up to what dangote gave him.
You will claim to be a Christian but remember dangote is not, but the principle is clear, givers never lack and the more u give the more u receive. If I ask u how much offering u have dropped n church from January till date may be 10,000. Is it your 10k that can't buy diesel that they will use in buying jet?
If u think church is a business why not open one after all it's obvious u are poor.
Go to pastor Adeboyes house,there is traffic of cars lined up owned by persons that came to drop them as seed all from north,south,east,west.

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by whizzyleejr(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
sureheaven:
Pope na gbaladun, Imam na enjoyment in fela's voice
nah so, nah their cloth dey neat pass, nah their house fine pass
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by chynie: 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
wth28:

I am not disputing those facts you listed but people saying he stole tithe and offering to enrich himself is totally wrong and that is what i am trying to correct.
Don't try to correct what you not sure of.
Either way it's up to God
But I believe God will wan us to help others afterall the most important commandement is "love your neighbor as God loves you", not "to be the richest pastor on earth"
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by emalekuo(m): 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:

The mother church leads while others should follow... He could have afforded it if he wanted one and nobody would have complained but then he needed to act Christ like for others to follow. Not the bunch of criminals we got in Nigeria scamming people.
I love Catholic just that there are many hidden cult inside it and those idol they worship, apart from this I love the mother church

1 Like

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by wth28: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
Mouth Gig:
RAM DEY CALL REASONABLE,THINKIN HUMAN IDIOT... angry angry
What are you trying to say before i unleash because i do not understand. undecided undecided
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by drnoel: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
Pope Francis was offered Wednesday a Lamborghini Huracan, but the Vatican said there was no future as a popemobile for the Italian supercar. The Huracan, which has a top speed of more than 300 km per hour and has a starting price in Italy of 185,000 euros (219,000 dollars), will instead be auctioned for charity, a statement said.

Proceeds will go to a Catholic charity seeking to return Christian exiles to Iraq, to another one helping victims of the sex trade in Italy and to two Italian charities that operate in Africa. Francis was given a specially prepared Huracan model, and the unusual gift was presented to the pope at the Vatican by the top management of Lamborghini, which is part of Germany’s Volkswagen Group.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/pope-gets-e185000-lamborghini-gift-will-auction-charity/

Where is that young man that was talking BS

Cc Themandator
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Phaysal: 6:01pm On Nov 15, 2017
This is wot Our so called clerics are expected to be doing. Not owning private jets.

1 Like

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by peetay(m): 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
Faith in humanity restored. This gesture of symbolism is what some peeps here don't get. How do you even explain to them.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2017
When I saw this article I just knew some idiots will start with "if it's Nigerian pastors". Please what is wrong with receiving a gifts?
Are they living to impress you? People have become so obsessed these days it's like their full time jobs.
Are they the reason you are unemployed and frustrated and lazy?
Why don't you get your lazy behind up, get a job and work like the rest of your mates?

If it was you.. Yes YOU.
You will collect the car.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by wth28: 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2017
chynie:

Don't try to correct what you not sure of.
Either way it's up to God
But I believe God will wan us to help others afterall the most important commandement is "love your neighbor as God loves you", not "to be the richest pastor on earth"
You are not sure of how they got their money but you are quick to Judge them and who said i am not sure of what i am saying if it is a lie dispute my facts about their source of income or you think Forbes will just rank them on the tithe they stole. If so then all of our politicians ought to be on the list of world billionaires, Nigerian stupidity amazes me maybe it is because most of you are illiterate
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by ezeagu(m): 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
Our pastors should learn

May devil punish oyedipo and adebayo for using the poor sweat to buy jets and properties in their name while telling their gullible followers to save for treasures in heaven. Useless criminals

Have you seen the Vatican?
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by wth28: 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
Phaysal:
This is wot Our so called clerics are expected to be doing. Not owning private jets.
In simple word answer
What is the pope doing with a private helicopter?
What his the pope and his arch bishop doing with houses ranging from $3.5 million - $50 million dollars
What is the Pope doing with a travel Budget Greater than $35 million because to me that can buy Oyedapo and Adeboye private jet combine
And if you do not answer with Facts you are thereby pronounced Cursed!
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Fourwinds: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2017
wth28:

What is the pope doing with a private helicopter
your mental kolo no be here oooooo .

3 Likes

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by SouthEastFacts: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2017
wth28:

What is the pope doing with a private helicopter
Don't forget the Pope is a Head of State.

1 Like

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Wow! I'm super proud of the Pope! This is what Christianity should be!

I pray the General Overseers should learn from this man!

This is nothing but a cheap publicity stunt ...Even the people who gave him the car knows he would not be able to use it ....It is not even a stately car... If he is serious about helping return christians in Iraq he knows what to do ,Sell those stolen artifacts hidden in Europe and Asia, they are worth trillions of dollars , and use the proceed for those courses.

Families were render useless for believing differently.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by wth28: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Don't forget the Pope is a Head of State.

Nigerians and stupidity are like 5 & 6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Stop These Sexual Acts In 2019 / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.