Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity (53801 Views)

Zimbabwean Bedridden After Fasting For God To Give Him Lamborghini For His Babe / Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors / Pope Francis Gets $237,000 Lamborghini As Gift, But He Puts It Up For Auction To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Fourwinds: 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

I know you don't know anything.... Just an ignoramus being led by the nose ....Here is an extract for you .. when you become mature enough you will ask for history of what you profess

Having gained full citizenship in the pagan Roman Empire in A.D. 212 under the Edict of Caracalla, the Jews became second-class citizens and the object of increasing persecution after the emperor, Constantine, supposedly became a Christian. Thereafter, it was those who called themselves Christians who were far more cruel to the Jews than pagans had ever been. The Roman Catholic popes were the first to develop anti-Semitism to a science. Hitler, who remained a Catholic to the end, would claim that he was only following the example of both Catholics and Lutherans in finishing what the Church had begun.

Anti-Semitism was a part of his Catholicism from which Martin Luther was never freed. He advocated burning down Jews' homes and giving them the choice between conversion and having their tongues torn out.1 When Rome's Jews were released from their ghetto by the Italian army in 1870, their freedom at last ended about 1500 years of unimaginable humiliation and degradation at the hands of those who claimed to be the vicars of Christ. No pope hated Jews more than Paul IV (1555-59), whose cruelties defy the bounds of human reason. Catholic historian Peter de Rosa confesses that a whole "succession of popes reinforced the ancient prejudices against Jews, treating them as lepers unworthy of the protection of the law. Pius VII [ 1800-23] was followed by Leo XII, Pius VIII, Gregory XVI, Pius IX [1846-78]all good pupils of Paul IV."2 Historian Will Durant reminds us that Hitler had good precedent for his sanctions against the Jews: The [Roman Catholic] Council of Vienne (1311) forbade all intercourse between Christians and Jews. The Council of Zamora (1313) ruled that they must be kept in strict subjection and servitude. The Council of Basel (1431-33) renewed canonical decrees forbidding Christians to associate with Jews ... and instructed secular authorities [as the church had herself long enforced in Rome and the papal states] to confine the Jews in separate quarters [ghettos], compel them to wear a distinguishing badge [it had previously been a yellow hat], and ensure their attendance at sermons aimed to convert them.
do you know other historians had a different views to what you have written? I'm not saying the church didnt commit some atrocities but don't make it look like the church is a monster... even our fore fatherscin Africa did same...Slavery trade does that mean your fore father did had his good side? Go and read about Islam too..at a point there were certain motives for certain actions...You don't expect the church to still live in that era at present day civilization

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Fourwinds: 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

There have been 2000 years of tension and antagonism between Rome and Jerusalem. For nearly 46 years after Israel's rebirth in 1948 the Vatican refused to acknowledge her right to exist. That animosity has not been erased by the recent overtures which the Vatican has found it expedient to make toward Israel. Rome wants to influence the future of Jerusalem, which she still insists must be an international city over which Israel will have no more say than any other nation.
I had read about the history of the church... so what you just wrote is not new to me
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by aribisala0(m): 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2017
wth28:
I will die like the dog of Ogun bleeding from the nose and anus
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Fourwinds: 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

The poverty and instability that has plagued Latin America resulted from the union between church and state and the power over government which Rome, having enjoyed in Europe for centuries, brought to the new world in the name of Christ. The Roman clergy were like little gods lording it over the natives, who became their servants. The revolutions in Latin American countries have been in large measure created by the contrast between the poverty of the people and the wealth of the Roman Catholic Church and the evil dictatorships it supported. Liberation Theology was spawned in Latin America by radical Catholic priests and nuns whose aroused consciences could no longer justify the oppression of the masses by both Church and state.
show me which empire wasnt brute i n their quest to socialized and civilized man...
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Ubenedictus(m): 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Moreover, for more than a thousand years the Roman Catholic Church exercised both religious and civil control over the entire city of Rome and its surroundings. Pope Innocent III (11981216) abolished the secular Roman Senate and placed the administration of Rome directly under his command. The Roman Senate that had governed the city under the Caesars had been known as the Curia Romana (Roman Curia). That name, according to the Pocket Catholic Dictionary, is now the designation of "the whole ensemble of administrative and judicial offices through which the Pope directs the operations of the Catholic Church."6 The popes' authority even extended to large territories outside Rome acquired in the eighth century. At that time, with the help of a deliberately fraudulent document manufactured for the popes known as The Donation of Constantine, Pope Stephen III convinced Pepin, king of the Franks and father of Charlemagne, that territories recently taken by the Lombards from the Byzantines actually had been given to the papacy by the Emperor Constantine. Pepin routed the Lombards and handed to the pope the keys to some 20 cities (Ravenna, Ancona, Bologna, Ferrara, lesi, Gubbio, etc.) and the huge chunk of land joining them along the Adriatic coast. Dated 30 March 315, The Donation declared that Constantine had given these lands, along with Rome and the Lateran Palace, to the popes in perpetuity. In 1440 this document was proven to be a forgery by Lorenzo Valla, a papal aide, and is so recognized by historians today. Yet allegedly infallible popes continued for centuries to assert that The Donation was genuine and on that basis to justify their pomp, power, and possessions. That fraud is still perpetuated by an inscription in the baptistry of Rome's St. John Lateran, which has never been corrected. Thus the Papal States were literally stolen by the popes from their rightful owners. The papacy controlled and taxed these territories and derived great wealth from them until 1848. At that time the pope, along with the rulers of most of the other divided territories of Italy, was forced to grant his rebellious subjects a constitution
where is the stolen artifacts.

you like to scatter talk but won't answer simple questions.

1 Like

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by iLUMeN8(m): 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2017
Lalas247:

Lambo gini shocked it’s ok ... I don’t need it very much content

Make sure you eat that garri with suya ! That’s How I like it grin

Hope I’m free ...

One more thing, NO more RCG for him, that tot almost made me choke on my garri A few days ago...

I need your bank details cool. Send me a PM.

okay bye
kiss
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Ubenedictus(m): 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
jagugu88li:
Let the Pope "charitize" his golden stick, the swiss bank accout, the golden chairs and all inside the vetican then we can later talk of charity. Pretenders everywhere
so u will be happy if your Church sells it head quarters abi?

sorry Catholic Churches are consecrated, as far as they are in use they can't be sold.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Lalas247(f): 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
iLUMeN8:

One more thing, NO more RCG for him, that tot almost made me choke on my garri A few days ago...

I need your bank details cool. Send me a PM.

okay bye
kiss
Ok sir

It is well grin
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Fourwinds: 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

The Roman Catholic Church, however, has insisted upon celibacy even though many popes, among them Sergius III (904-11), John X (914-28), John XII (955-63), Benedict V (964), Innocent VIII (1484-92), Urban VIII (1623-44), and Innocent X (1644-55), as well as millions of cardinals, bishops, archbishops, monks, and priests throughout history, have repeatedly violated such vows. Not only has celibacy made sinners of the clergy who engage in fornication, but it makes harlots out of those with whom they secretly cohabit. Rome is indeed "the mother of harlots"! Her identification as such is unmistakable. No other city, church, or institution in the history of the world is her rival in this particular evil. History is replete with sayings that mocked the church's false claim to celibacy and revealed the truth: "The holiest hermit has his LovePeddler" and "Rome has more prostitutes than any other city because she has the most celibates" are examples. Pius II declared that Rome was "the only city run by bastards" [sons of popes and cardinals]. Catholic historian and former Jesuit Peter de Rosa writes: Popes had mistresses of fifteen years of age, were guilty of incest and sexual perversions of every sort, had innumerable children, were murdered in the very act of adultery [by jealous husbands who found them in bed with their wives].... In the old Catholic phrase, why be holier than the pope?
do you think I don't know that some priest do have women hidden away? now before they are ordained, they do take oath. So if they violate it then it is between them and God.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by salt1: 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
wth28:

I am not trying to convert anyone neither am i trying to educate but i am here to make a statement Just the same reason you are here

My apologies! Enjoy
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by HeyCorleone(m): 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
[quote author=Nodogragra4me post=62411464]

Rome has practiced evil to gather her wealth, for the "golden cup" is filled with "abominations and filthiness." Much of the wealth of the Roman Catholic Church was acquired through the confiscation of the property of the pitiful victims of the Inquisitions. Even the dead were exhumed to face trial and property was taken from their heirs by the Church. One historian writes: The punishments of the Inquisition did not cease when the victim was burned to ashes, or immured for life in the Inquisition dungeons. His relatives were reduced to beggary by the law that all his possessions were forfeited. The system offered unlimited opportunities for loot.... This source of gain largely accounts for the revolting practice of what has been called "corpse-trials.”… That the practice of confiscating the property of condemned heretics was productive of many acts of extortion, rapacity and corruption will be doubted by no one who has any knowledge either of human nature or of the historical documents.... no man was safe whose wealth might arouse cupidity, or whose independence might provoke revenge.11 Most of Rome's wealth has been acquired through the sale of salvation. Untold billions of dollars have been paid to her by those who thought they were purchasing heaven on the installment plan for themselves or loved ones. The practice continues to this day-blatantly where Catholicism is in control, less obviously here in the United States. No greater deception or abomination could be perpetrated. When Cardinal Cajetan, sixteenth-century Dominican scholar, complained about the sale of dispensations and indulgences, the Church hierarchy was indignant and accused him of wanting "to turn Rome into an uninhabited desert, to reduce the Papacy to impotence, to deprive the pope ... of the pecuniary resources indispensable for the discharge of his office."12 In addition to such perversions of the gospel which have led hundreds of millions astray, there are the further abominations of corrupt banking practices, laundering of drug money, trading in counterfeit securities, and dealings with the Mafia (fully documented in police and court records), which the Vatican and her representatives around the world have long employed. Nino Lo Bello, former Business Week correspondent in Rome and Rome bureau chief for New York Journal of Commerce, writes that the Vatican is so closely allied with the Mafia in Italy that "many people ... believe that Sicily ... is nothing more than a Vatican holding."13 The Roman Catholic Church is by far the wealthiest institution on earth. Yes, one hears from Rome periodic pleas for money-persuasive appeals claiming that the Vatican cannot maintain itself on its limited budget and needs monetary assistance. Such pleas are unconscionable ploys. The value of innumerable sculptures by such masters as Michelangelo, paintings by the world's greatest artists, and countless other art treasures and ancient documents which Rome possesses (not only at the Vatican but in cathedrals around the world) is beyond calculation. At the World Synod of Bishops in Rome, England's Cardinal Heenan proposed that the Church sell some of these superfluous treasures and give the proceeds to the poor. His suggestion was not well
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by kingofthejungle(m): 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
wth28:

Jesus are you kidding me 2 billion People, You must be proud of that lie you composed grin grin
how many catholic are there in the world, use google to educate yourself
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by dzeros(m): 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
SkydaDGreat:

See the words of a Christian ....i doubt if you are.
Later you will be claiming na you know pass. it is your type that will quote Bible from Genesis to revelation, that will go to church pass

Shaking my head for you.
Change your ways of give your life to Christ.
and you are the Christian yeah? In Your very first reaction to this post, you called someone an IDIOT, i guess that should be the words of a Christian that you are, You then called me a DERANGED PIG, mr Christian, is that how you practice your own Christianity? I guess Oyedepo or Adeboye thought you that. With the way you sounded this last time it seems you are giving up, Dont give up o, lets keep it going, Oga Christian!
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Etianwanokon: 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
I read his Autobiography and I learnt so much from it.
God bless the Pope.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Fourwinds: 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
[quote author=Nodogragra4me post=62411575]

The fabulous treasure of Lourdes [France], whose existence was kept secret by the Catholic Church for 120 years, has been unveiled.... Rumours have been circulating for decades about a priceless collection of gold chalices, diamond
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by PreshLee(m): 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
Our pastors should learn

May devil punish oyedipo and adebayo for using the poor sweat to buy jets and properties in their name while telling their gullible followers to save for treasures in heaven. Useless criminals
YOU ARE A BASTARD
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Ubenedictus(m): 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

I am not a sheeple like you. I know the catholic church history better than you ..I have collection upon collection even into the modem day and they are not idle .I read them

If your pope wants to show live ,the should start by apologising to the million the church murder and confiscated their property and then use the trillion dollar artifacts to set up free universities in every city of the word where those atrocities took place
sorry dear, I'm not a sheeple, I know the Church established by Christ, the Catholic Church, I know the good she has done in the world and the atrocities some of her ministers have committed in her name. I also know that even through those bad minister God has not abandoned his Church and has continued to sanctify her through those centuries. the gates of hell tried but didn't prevail.

my question still remains what stolen artifacts are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by IkpuMmadu: 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Wow! I'm super proud of the Pope! This is what Christianity should be!

I pray the General Overseers should learn from this man!

I made it the 100th person....remember that
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by stilldoingokay(f): 7:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
sureheaven:
Pope na gbaladun, Imam na enjoyment in fela's voice

the song goes this way, Pope na enjoyment, Imam na gbaladu,

not the way you put it, just because you don't like them.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ubenedictus:
sorry dear, I'm not a sheeple, I know the Church established by Christ, the Catholic Church, I know the good she has done in the world and the atrocities some of her ministers have committed in her name. I also know that even through those bad minister God has not abandoned his Church and has continued to sanctify her through those centuries. the gates of hell tried but didn't prevail.

Keep receiving yourself ...Christ establish a criminal hang that is yet to apologise to their victims even today

Contrary to what Roman Catholics are taught, the papal office did not originate with Peter. It was centuries before the Bishop of Rome attempted to dominate the rest of the Church, and many centuries more before this primacy was generally accepted. Leo the Great's letter to Flavian in 449 was not accepted until the Council of Chalcedon had approved it. "[Pope] Leo [I] himself acknowledged that his treatise could not become a rule of faith till it was confirmed by the bishops."11 There were eight councils of the Church before the schism in 1054 split it into Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy, when the Bishop of Rome and the Patriarch of Constantinople excommunicated each other. None of these eight councils was called by the Bishop of Rome, but by the emperor, who also put his stamp of approval upon their decrees. As for papal authority, one Catholic historian reminds us: Pope Pelagius (556-60) talks of heretics separating themselves from the Apostolic Sees, that is, Rome, Jerusalem, Alexandria plus Constantinople. In all the early writings of the hierarchy there is no mention of a special role for the Bishop of Rome, nor yet the special name of `Pope.' . . . Of the eighty or so heresies in the first six centuries, not one refers to the authority of the Bishop of Rome, not one is settled by the Bishop of Rome.... No one attacks the [supreme] authority of the Roman pontiff, because no one has heard of it.
12 The Easter Synod of 680 called by Pope Agatho was the first ecclesiastical body that asserted the primacy of Rome over the rest of the Church, but this was not an ecumenical council of the entire Church, so its decision was not generally accepted. As Catholic historian Peter de Rosa points out:
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ubenedictus:

I have mentioned you severally and I am surprised you have not seen this one :

Rome has practiced evil to gather her wealth, for the "golden cup" is filled with "abominations and filthiness." Much of the wealth of the Roman Catholic Church was acquired through the confiscation of the property of the pitiful victims of the Inquisitions. Even the dead were exhumed to face trial and property was taken from their heirs by the Church. One historian writes: The punishments of the Inquisition did not cease when the victim was burned to ashes, or immured for life in the Inquisition dungeons. His relatives were reduced to beggary by the law that all his possessions were forfeited. The system offered unlimited opportunities for loot.... This source of gain largely accounts for the revolting practice of what has been called "corpse-trials.”… That the practice of confiscating the property of condemned heretics was productive of many acts of extortion, rapacity and corruption will be doubted by no one who has any knowledge either of human nature or of the historical documents.... no man was safe whose wealth might arouse cupidity, or whose independence might provoke revenge.11 Most of Rome's wealth has been acquired through the sale of salvation. Untold billions of dollars have been paid to her by those who thought they were purchasing heaven on the installment plan for themselves or loved ones. The practice continues to this day-blatantly where Catholicism is in control, less obviously here in the United States. No greater deception or abomination could be perpetrated. When Cardinal Cajetan, sixteenth-century Dominican scholar, complained about the sale of dispensations and indulgences, the Church hierarchy was indignant and accused him of wanting "to turn Rome into an uninhabited desert, to reduce the Papacy to impotence, to deprive the pope ... of the pecuniary resources indispensable for the discharge of his office."12 In addition to such perversions of the gospel which have led hundreds of millions astray, there are the further abominations of corrupt banking practices, laundering of drug money, trading in counterfeit securities, and dealings with the Mafia (fully documented in police and court records), which the Vatican and her representatives around the world have long employed. Nino Lo Bello, former Business Week correspondent in Rome and Rome bureau chief for New York Journal of Commerce, writes that the Vatican is so closely allied with the Mafia in Italy that "many people ... believe that Sicily ... is nothing more than a Vatican holding."13 The Roman Catholic Church is by far the wealthiest institution on earth. Yes, one hears from Rome periodic pleas for money-persuasive appeals claiming that the Vatican cannot maintain itself on its limited budget and needs monetary assistance. Such pleas are unconscionable ploys. The value of innumerable sculptures by such masters as Michelangelo, paintings by the world's greatest artists, and countless other art treasures and ancient documents which Rome possesses (not only at the Vatican but in cathedrals around the world) is beyond calculation. At the World Synod of Bishops in Rome, England's Cardinal Heenan proposed that the Church sell some of these superfluous treasures and give the proceeds to the poor. His suggestion was not well￾received.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
Fourwinds:
where is the sense in this....a proof

It took centuries of developing ingenious arguments to finally arrive at the theory that the Christ who had "nowhere to lay his head" (Matthew 8:20), who lived in poverty and was crucified naked, was to be represented by a regal pontiff who possessed more than one palace containing in excess of 1100 rooms each, was waited upon day and night by scores of servants, and wore the finest gold-embroidered silk robes! That Christ passed on to Peter such pomp and luxuries, which neither of them knew, is both ludicrous and blasphemous. The glories and powers enjoyed by popes are not even remotely related to Peter's life of purity and poverty. This fisherman-apostle said, "Silver and gold have I none" (Acts 3:6). Nor were papal luxuries and pompous claims of authority over kings and kingdoms known in the Church until centuries later as ambitious popes gradually extended and solidified their authority and control over earthly rulers. Po
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Fourwinds: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

The poverty and instability that has plagued Latin America resulted from the union between church and state and the power over government which Rome, having enjoyed in Europe for centuries, brought to the new world in the name of Christ. The Roman clergy were like little gods lording it over the natives, who became their servants. The revolutions in Latin American countries have been in large measure created by the contrast between the poverty of the people and the wealth of the Roman Catholic Church and the evil dictatorships it supported. Liberation Theology was spawned in Latin America by radical Catholic priests and nuns whose aroused consciences could no longer justify the oppression of the masses by both Church and state.
show me which empire wasnt brute i n their quest to socialized and civilized man...
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ubenedictus:
where is the stolen artifacts.

you like to scatter talk but won't answer simple questions.

Only your kind APIs received by those charade if seeking a gift to raise money ... I have mentioned you with just the artifacts in France ...The pope official residence is many times the cost of any aircraft in the world

It took centuries of developing ingenious arguments to finally arrive at the theory that the Christ who had "nowhere to lay his head" (Matthew 8:20), who lived in poverty and was crucified naked, was to be represented by a regal pontiff who possessed more than one palace containing in excess of 1100 rooms each, was waited upon day and night by scores of servants, and wore the finest gold-embroidered silk robes! That Christ passed on to Peter such pomp and luxuries, which neither of them knew, is both ludicrous and blasphemous. The glories and powers enjoyed by popes are not even remotely related to Peter's life of purity and poverty. This fisherman-apostle said, "Silver and gold have I none" (Acts 3:6). Nor were papal luxuries and pompous claims of authority over kings and kingdoms known in the Church until centuries later as ambitious popes gradually extended and solidified their authority and control over earthly rulers. P
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ubenedictus:

The claim that the popes are the successors of the apostle Peter is the cornerstone of Roman Catholicism, without which that Church would lose its uniqueness and could not function. We must therefore spend further time to examine this claim carefully. Is there actually an unbroken line of 262 popes succeeding Peter? For apostolic succession to occur, each pope must choose his own successor and personally lay hands on him and ordain him. This was the procedure when Paul and Barnabas were sent forth by the church at Antioch on their first missionary journey (Acts 13:3). Timothy's appointment to the ministry was also by the elders laying hands upon him (1 Timothy 4:14), as did Paul when he imparted a special spiritual gift to Timothy (2 Timothy 1:6). This biblical procedure, however, has never been followed with regard to successors of the bishops of Rome or the popes. A pope's successor is chosen not by him, but after his death by others; and it has most often been done in the most ungodly manner, as we shall see. Furthermore, there is no record that Peter was ever Bishop of Rome, and therefore no Bishop of Rome could possibly be his successor. Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyons (178-200), provided a list of the first 12 Bishops of Rome. Linus was the first. Peter's name does not appear. Eusebius of Caesaria, the Father of church history, never mentions Peter as Bishop of Rome. He simply says that Peter came to Rome "about the end of his days" and was crucified there. Paul, in writing his epistle to the Romans, greets many people by name, but not Peter. That would be a strange omission if Peter had been living in Rome, and especially if he were its bishop!
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ubenedictus:

The Vatican puts out an official list of the popes, arbitrarily beginning with Peter and continuing to the present. There have been several such lists which were apparently considered accurate at one time but subsequently had to be revised-and now conflict with each other. The earliest lists come from Liber Pontificalis (Book of Popes), presumably first composed under Pope Hormisdus (514-23), yet even the Catholic Encyclopedia casts doubt upon its authenticity, and most scholars today agree that it mixed fact with fiction. Who the actual Bishops of Rome were cannot be known with any certainty at this late date. Even the New Catholic Encyclopedia, published by the Catholic University of America, acknowledges this f
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Fourwinds: 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

It took centuries of developing ingenious arguments to finally arrive at the theory that the Christ who had "nowhere to lay his head" (Matthew 8:20), who lived in poverty and was crucified naked, was to be represented by a regal pontiff who possessed more than one palace containing in excess of 1100 rooms each, was waited upon day and night by scores of servants, and wore the finest gold-embroidered silk robes! That Christ passed on to Peter such pomp and luxuries, which neither of them knew, is both ludicrous and blasphemous. The glories and powers enjoyed by popes are not even remotely related to Peter's life of purity and poverty. This fisherman-apostle said, "Silver and gold have I none" (Acts 3:6). Nor were papal luxuries and pompous claims of authority over kings and kingdoms known in the Church until centuries later as ambitious popes gradually extended and solidified their authority and control over earthly rulers. Po
I believed you must have read well...if you understand European history very well ,you will know that it was the church the united and brought peace among the warring states...before and after Roman empire, the Europeans state were fighting among themselves... the church became a common unity for them...when you read history always look at both the prons and cons of it
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Ubenedictus(m): 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Keep receiving yourself ...Christ establish a criminal hang that is yet to apologise to their victims even today

Contrary to what Roman Catholics are taught, the papal office did not originate with Peter. It was centuries before the Bishop of Rome attempted to dominate the rest of the Church, and many centuries more before this primacy was generally accepted. Leo the Great's letter to Flavian in 449 was not accepted until the Council of Chalcedon had approved it. "[Pope] Leo [I] himself acknowledged that his treatise could not become a rule of faith till it was confirmed by the bishops."11 There were eight councils of the Church before the schism in 1054 split it into Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy, when the Bishop of Rome and the Patriarch of Constantinople excommunicated each other. None of these eight councils was called by the Bishop of Rome, but by the emperor, who also put his stamp of approval upon their decrees. As for papal authority, one Catholic historian reminds us: Pope Pelagius (556-60) talks of heretics separating themselves from the Apostolic Sees, that is, Rome, Jerusalem, Alexandria plus Constantinople. In all the early writings of the hierarchy there is no mention of a special role for the Bishop of Rome, nor yet the special name of `Pope.' . . . Of the eighty or so heresies in the first six centuries, not one refers to the authority of the Bishop of Rome, not one is settled by the Bishop of Rome.... No one attacks the [supreme] authority of the Roman pontiff, because no one has heard of it.
12 The Easter Synod of 680 called by Pope Agatho was the first ecclesiastical body that asserted the primacy of Rome over the rest of the Church, but this was not an ecumenical council of the entire Church, so its decision was not generally accepted. As Catholic historian Peter de Rosa points out:

in case you are ignorant the Church has apologized for whatever atrocities some of her ministers may have committed in her name.

your long post above only proves that the early Church is the Catholic Church and the Protestant enterprise is a new invention.
funny enough every ancient Church even the Orthodox Church agrees that the office of the pope comes from Peter and the Roman Church has primacy.

you still haven't been able to show the so-called stolen artifacts.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ubenedictus:

in case you are ignorant the Church has apologized for whatever atrocities some of her ministers may have committed in her name.

your long post above only proves that the early Church is the Catholic Church and the Protestant enterprise is a new invention.
funny enough every ancient Church even the Orthodox Church agrees that the office of the pope comes from Peter and the Roman Church has primacy.

Stephen VII (896-7), who exhumed Pope Formosus and condemned the corpse for heresy at a mock trial, was soon thereafter strangled by zealots who opposed him. His party promptly elected a Cardinal Sergius to be pope, but he was chased out of Rome by a rival faction which had elected Romanus as its "vicar of Christ." Of the strange manner in which popes followed one another in an "unbroken line of apostolic succession from Peter," one historian writes: Over the next twelve months four more popes scrambled onto the bloodstained [papal] throne, maintained themselves precariously for a few weeks-or even days￾before being hurled themselves into their graves. Seven popes and an anti-pope had appeared in a little over six years when ... Cardinal Sergius reappeared after seven years' exile, backed now by the swords of a feudal lord who saw a means thereby of gaining entry into Rome. The reigning pope [Leo V, 903] found his grave, the slaughters in the city reached a climax, and then Cardinal Sergius emerged as Pope Sergius [III, 904-11 ], sole survivor of the claimants and now supreme pontiff.4 Attempting to establish stability in selecting popes, in 1059 Nicholas 11(1059-61) "defined the role of the cardinals in the [papal] electoral process. During the Third Lateran Council in 1179, Alexander III (1159-8 1) restricted papal elections to the cardinals."5 It was hardly an improvement. As one nineteenth century historian pointed out, "Few papal elections, if any, have been other than simoniacal [bought off for money].... The invention of the Sacred College [of cardinals] has been, on the whole, perhaps the most fertile source of corruption in the Church. Many cardinals went to Rome for the conclave with their bankers."6 Much insight into such corruption comes from the diaries of John Burchard. Master of Ceremonies at the conclave that elected Rodrigo Borgia (Pope Alexander VI [ 1492-1503]), Burchard concludes that only five votes were not bought in that election. "The young cardinal Giovanni de' Medici, who had refused to sell his vote, thought it prudent to leave Rome immediately."7 In those days a cardinal's hat sold for a king's ransom, so it took a fortune to enter the polluted stream of "apostolic succession." Money flowed in from all over Europe to back favorite candidates. Borgia bought the papacy with "villas, towns and abbeys ... [and] four mule-loads of silver to his greatest rival, Cardinal Sforza, to induce him to step down." Peter de Rosa remarks facetiously: It is instructive to see, by way of Burchard’s diaries, how the Holy Spirit goes about choosing St. Peter’s successor.
Re: Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ubenedictus:

To apologise is to make the satanic doctrine of infallibility useless ...Vatican can't apologies....Unless they do away with the satanic and blasphemous doctrine of the infallibility of a man who in some cases was helped by olosho to that office

Some popes were put in office by their mistresses-six by a mother-and-daughter pair of prostitutes. Theodora of Rome (wife of a powerful Roman Senator) was most successful at this strategy. She manipulated Roman politics by exploiting the fact that her daughter, Marozia, was the mistress of Pope Sergius III. Known as "the mistress of Rome," Marozia did not hesitate at murder to accomplish her ambitions. Theodora herself was mistress to two ecclesiastics whom she maneuvered in quick succession, after Sergius's death, onto "Peter's throne"-popes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / Oyedepo Turns Woman With Small Breasts To Big Breasts Instantly Via Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.