Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems (10319 Views)

. / Now That MTN BIS No Longer Works On PC / Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by delarontus(f): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2007
mukadas: Please i'm still waiting for a reply to my post
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by kisu: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2007
Hey mukaddas. I have an old computer (processor) given to me recently but when I turned it on it gives noises (sound like). Please advise me what it could be. Thank you.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by dii: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2007
Hi Mukadas,
first thankx a lot for ur help, question is:
when my friend put a dvd in pc the pc restarts or lock, can the problem be from video card? she can't view dvd on  pc as before.thanks.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by 2gd: 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2007
hi.just joined today, because  of thistopic,
.laptop's giving me stress, help,
the genesis of d problem, wanted to update the antivirus, sorry change it, and i deleted it and tried to upload one from the net, there was a prob that day .couldnt upload, so i had to install norton 2005 from some1s system istead,,been tryin to get the update,, no positive result
then, d syst started hangin,  then couldnt browse anym,ore,,then couldnt recognise the cd drive, then refused to shut down, the next time after that,, thj e syst refused to boot,
or mayb e it boots and d screen is bad.don't know.please help, this syst doesnt belong to me and i want to return it safe and sound,,thanks for your hjelp.
nb// i have tried bootin from the windows xp diskette, but even though the syst comes on, d screen is still b lank
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by esquire(m): 1:22am On Apr 19, 2007
hello everyone, muka wht do u think can be doing a system that always load the default cmos settings by prompting u to press F1 everytime u coldboot the system even when the cmos battery is good and tested. After starting up everything will be fine and if u try to warm boot i.e restart it will not boot cos it will just give u you cannot boot froma cdrom cos if u enter cmos settings and save and exit it will not boot againand will give you a blank screen till Jesus come and the only solution to make it boot is by removing the power cabl for a few seconds and then it load the default cmos settings by pressing F1 and then it will boot. What could be the erring scenerios cos the cmos battery is working hard drive is very much good. Solve this riddle brotherman
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by DoubleN(m): 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2007
hi Mukadas! nice one u have been doing here. I have a problem uninstalling a software application from my system(Nero).EAch time i want to remove the program it says that i shud run the installer and try again.The problem is that i can't seem to get the software out of my system.
Big up 2 all Nairalanders,
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by ChieFoH(m): 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2007
omo! e be like say mukadas don run, u na won kill am?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by delarontus(f): 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2007
And the tompson guy wants to talk on the phone! How is that better than mukadas' service?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Gibolla(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2007
hey,pls someone logged off my admin password from my system,and ever since i can only logon as a friend,of which i am restricted to lots of things.pls how can i enable this username?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by 1forall: 11:57am On Apr 25, 2007
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by sciqy(m): 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2007
hi bro , i just formatted my system with an windows xp software recently but how can i bring out my sound for my windows media 9 player, it does not play out even with head phones and speakers, also how can i get windows 11 player for my system. the one i downloaded from some sites dont work.it would either say the file is corrupt or is in use. tghanks my mail address is SCIQY@YAHOO.COM, u can send the windows 11 media player download and other good software to me through my mail, thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by aadewale(m): 11:10am On May 01, 2007
hi mukadas,

i have a pinter that is connected to one of the usb ports of my desktop. i have about 15 otherdesktop that are all connected to a switch through which they share the internet acess. I also have a linksys router that give dhcp ip addresses to the computers on the switch.

Most of my systems runs xp while a few of them run windows 2000.

Now to my question

I have been trying to share the printer for the LAN but no success. The first time , I shared the printer from the machine to which it was locally attached. Gave it the share name PRINTER!. I went to ADD A PRINTER on the other systems. After clicking the necessary buttons and tthe machine browsed for network printer, the dialog boix ask for the name of the printer and after i put the share name, it tells me the printer name is not correct.

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT AM NOT DOING RIGHT OR WHAT AM SUPPOSED TO DO AND AM NOT DOING. OR BETTERSTILL DO YOU HAVE A BETTER METHOD OF SHARING PRINTER ON A LAN.

THANKS
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Cactus(m): 3:45pm On May 01, 2007
ah ah he ran away
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Cactus(m): 3:48pm On May 01, 2007
sciqy:

hi bro , i just formatted my system with an windows xp software recently but how can i bring out my sound for my windows media 9 player, it does not play out even with head phones and speakers, also how can i get windows 11 player for my system. the one i downloaded from some sites don't work.it would either say the file is corrupt or is in use. tghanks my mail address is SCIQY@YAHOO.COM, u can send the windows 11 media player download and other good software to me through my mail, thanks

go to the manufacturer's website it will mostly be under support or download, look for audio drivers. if you are able to listen to some songs and not others, u need an audio codec.

why dont u just download windows media player from microsoft. i believe either downloads.microsoft.com or microsoft.com/download(s)
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Jimiyke(m): 4:05pm On May 01, 2007
pls can some one tell me steps i can use to download yahoomessenger on my pc? i need it ugently
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by canachy(m): 11:43am On May 02, 2007
Jimiyke:

please can some one tell me steps i can use to download yahoomessenger on my pc? i need it ugently

To download Yahoo messenger on your PC:

1. Enter "http://www.yahoo.com" in your address bar

2. Click on "Messenger" (at the top right corner of your window)

3. On the new window that opens, click "Get Started" button (yellow button with black caption)

4. Another new window opens, then Click "Get Started" to start downloading and installing Yahoo! Messenger.

5. NB: When the installation of Yahoo! Messenger begins, please click the Run button in each window that appears.

I hope this helps
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by ahumibe(m): 3:11am On May 03, 2007
hello guys.i'm kennedy.i wud be highly grateful if anyone cud help me out.i installed winning eleven 8 pc soccer game and each time i.m playin it,its usually slow.i've don everything i can to make it fast ranging from reducing my screen resolution to installing directx 9c but all to no avail.i use a compaq pentium 3,1gigahertz,256mb ram.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Ladapo(m): 12:26pm On May 03, 2007
Mukadas,

Thanks but can u help me on this?

A friend of mine has her hp laptop screen cracked and the stuff has been bothering her. Please, do u anybody know if this can be replaced and do u have any idea, how much it will take to get this done.

Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Slycks(m): 8:42pm On May 05, 2007
Almost N50,000 or less , Depend on the type and make of the laptop, A friend had the same probs before,and spent up to N50,000
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by uspry1(f): 8:53pm On May 05, 2007
ahumibe:

hello guys.i'm kennedy.i would be highly grateful if anyone cud help me out.i installed winning eleven 8 pc soccer game and each time i.m playin it,its usually slow.i've don everything i can to make it fast ranging from reducing my screen resolution to installing directx 9c but all to no avail.i use a compaq pentium 3,1gigahertz,256mb ram.

I suggest you on the following:
[list]
[li]To buy and install graphic card, Nvida Gforce for your game making fast on your screen resolution.[/li]
[li]To upgrade from 256mb RAM to 512mb RAM or higher that is more suitable for video game on pc.[/li]
[li]Or to upgrade the new motherboard with new processor Pentimum 4 and 2GB RAM combo package.[/li]
[/list]

Because you have outdated slower Compaq pentium 3 that is no longer in the pc manufacturing company.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

What Are The Factors Limiting The Growth Of Internet In Nigeria? / I Want To Buy A Laptop,any Help? / Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.