Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems (10323 Views)

. / Now That MTN BIS No Longer Works On PC / Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Slycks(m): 9:54am On Mar 07, 2007
Press R-Repair and all missing files will be replaced,
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 11:17am On Mar 07, 2007
Slycks,even if u repair it 100 times d cdrom will not work.d pc must be reload dats all i know becos i came across dat same problem #
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 11:36am On Mar 07, 2007
Talk talk,av u done d clear bios option % remove d battery (it is a lithium battery dat will be powering ur cmos chip when there is no electric supply in d board but if u disable it, it will restore d pc to default setting
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by DASARI(m): 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2007
Hai, This Is venkat From India.
I have systems which are not working perfectively.When any person opens command prompt the system automatically shutting down,give me the answer to my mail
d.venkateswarlu@hotmail.com
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by gbolex(m): 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2007
Thank OYB and mukadas

I have formatted the laptop since all the solution are not working perfectly
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2007
Dasari,let me know d name of d systems and d operating system u are using before i can render any solution
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by bimbor(m): 11:05am On Mar 08, 2007
How do i network two PCs together so i can use both with one dialup connection?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 11:31am On Mar 08, 2007
Bimbor, 1 Get cat5e cable,rj45,pc (with lan card ready) then configure d cable with peer to peer(1<3,2<6) but if u can not do it come to computer village and ask those people dat are selling network accessories to configure d cable 4 u. Then plug it 2 ur pc. Right click on d icon(my computer) rename d computer name and give it a workgroup.do d 2nd onë as well         but let d computer name be different and d workgroup be d same then restart d pc
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 11:43am On Mar 08, 2007
Right click on my computer then properties> hardware> device manager>scroll to ur lan card then right click on it select properties > click on show icon then ok do d other pc also#u will see the icon in ur taskbar
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by talktalk1: 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2007
hi Mukadas,
i just still have the problem but what i want to know is how long will i leave the cmos bat. to out of the system b4 placing it back. 1week or more.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2007
Talk talk,I told u 2 remove it for 24hour cos most of d chips are program in 24hours% if the bios refuse to work dat means u will go and give it to engineer just 4 bios flashing
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by talktalk1: 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2007
Mukada, its me again. i've tried that also but nothing can be done cos here in port harcourt there nobody to flash the bios
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 8:59pm On Mar 09, 2007
Come and meet d engrs in computer village. Or download d bios restore software
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by DASARI(m): 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2007
Hai Mukadas
This is Dasari. Iam Using windows'2000 Xp operating Software .
Ok Can you tell me How we can give Run Commands
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by talktalk1: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2007
hi Mudakas,
i got ur message but coming down to Lagos will cost me much. n u advice to download the bios restore software, please which site can i get it. if any please me cos i hold u man.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:14am On Mar 11, 2007
Talk talk,u can google dis biostar.com
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:32am On Mar 11, 2007
Dasari,u are not sure of ur operating system# 2000 xp %well i will advise you to restore ur pc or load msdos 6.0 or repair the OS.but the best bet is to repair the OS.mukalash4u@yahoo.com
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by bimbor(m): 3:19pm On Mar 11, 2007
mukadas is it possible to network two or more PCs together wirelessly,i mean without a cable?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by namdee(m): 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2007
@mukadas or cactus is it possible to install another os like win sever on a laptop that has win xp running on it and how do you partition system the system
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 4:03am On Mar 13, 2007
bimbor,it is possible to connect  two systems without cables but it is too cost ,that is what they call OVER THE AIR connection (OTA) goto the market and get two bluetooth ,connect it to both PC and pair the PCS together  BUT WITH A LIMIT OF ABout100m distance to each other.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2007
tunde,you called me about your printer and this is the solution for your printer.
get a hp tagged laser 1020 cd,plug your printer to the PC and let the system detect the printer ,click on next (windows xp & windows2000 will search for the driver but win98 will prompt you to select the manufacturer & the model,select HP then in the other side select laserjet 1020) then click next and the windows will install the printer and click finish it will prompt you to to print test page then click OK grin
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2007
namdeeeeeee,it is not possible for some reason but it is possible with a software called "partition magic" just install the software and cut a portion of your harddrive but make sure that you av enough free space in you harddrive.then it will be tagged D: then restart your PC after finished to activate your settings, insert your bootable disk and load your OS on D:
grin
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2007
Brova, have got a problem, my pentium 2 laptop, when u input password, it wud restart, and finally shut down, i tried formatting and removing the simos battery, Nofin, same thing occurs, tried upgrading the processor, same thing, wat do u think, do i get a new hard disk, and if so, hw much it cost for a 10gig hard disk for dell pent 2, Wud be waiting
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by maxjax(m): 5:04am On Mar 14, 2007
dude i got a question for u, my pc just developd this strange appearance. if i push the power button, it wouldnt display anything on the screen, the LED on the CPU are just not blinkin. What do i do man?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by soweto: 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2007
pls i need to know the necessary problems that workstations that are in a networking environment usually have
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by gbolex(m): 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2007
Hello Guys,
I have a clone computer that has a power problem, But when i changed the power, the rating on the power was 300W but i bought was 400W rating, now the system is not powering up. Could the power rating cause the system from not coming on. i Notice that when i press the power botton the power pack fan will want to roll but stops. This power was tested for me at the computer village before buying it on the P4 system
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by ChieFoH(m): 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2007
hey mukadas, i just formatted my lappy with xp i have a 40 gig, laptop, i wanted to partition to 10 and 30gig i defined the 30 gig and clicked next, after i finished installing xp i did not see my 10 gig again, what happened to it? how can i get it back? do i have to do the whole format again? i have partition magic, but i don't really know how to use it and i don't want to use it, is there any other way i can get my 10 gig back?

also where can i get drivers for ethernet on an hpnx6110 laptop, after i formatted my lappy i could'nt browse with cable connection again, only wireless
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Slycks(m): 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2007
Its was becos you didnt partition the remaining 10gig,thats why but i will leave the rest of the questions for mukadas to answer ,
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:27am On Mar 15, 2007
Chiefoh,ur 10gb is in ur dos environment and u don't need to format ur pc what u need to do is to run ur dos and type fdisk then display partition and u will see ur 10gb as d: to get it back delete d partition,create partition and restart ur pc after done.goto ur my computer and u will see it there
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:43am On Mar 15, 2007
Goblex,av u connect d auxillary(dat connector with 2yellow and 2black)cos d watt av small interval to each other and i can say it right dat they will work 4 each other.change d power pack if not
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:52am On Mar 15, 2007
Soweto,workstation's starts from#installation#novice user.my recommendation 4 it is @good
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by maxjax(m): 7:14am On Mar 15, 2007
@mukadas make u answer me now!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

What Are The Factors Limiting The Growth Of Internet In Nigeria? / I Want To Buy A Laptop,any Help? / Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.