Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos (80403 Views)

Banking Is Pure Madness In Nigeria: My Experience / (Video) Woman Display Madness in Bank As This Happened To Her 58 Thousand Naira / Lagos Declares November 10 Black Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
This is my 2nd COUNTRY....
That's how we do it.....

This is REAL....
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by fhorlar(f): 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
Now this is what is called black Friday not nigerian scam. Never knew that even whites could hustle like this though....

1 Like

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by Vacora(m): 2:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
wristbangle:
No wonder amazon became the richest after the weekend. Omo shey these people no get TV for their house ni? shocked shocked

This is really shocking images.

Honestly Nigeria Black Friday na real scam. I hope jumia, konga, Yudala and co are seeing this

I was just thinking the same. I bought my 48 inch 4K panasonic vierra for over a grand in 2015, bloody telly is now worth £500 but it still works and suits our viewing needs at home. Why would I get into a punch up over a bloody telly or PS4 when I walk into a shop next week or shop online to pick up a bargain?

1 Like

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by henryhemon(m): 2:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
That's what's called black Friday not the scam we have here in Nigeria. Real prices are slashed but here they would add prices n slashed it to it's normal prices in the name of black Friday especially Jumia and Konga. I actually forgot I would have ordered from Amazon.

3 Likes

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
fhorlar:
Now this is what is called black Friday not nigerian scam. Never knew that even whites could hustle like this though....
They HUSTLE...

But look at how HEALTHY dey look.
This is a nation that has conquered HUNGER and POVERTY.....
sometimes I wonder how they came up with such developmental strides.
Their BRAINS and Commitment

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
THEY PROBABLY HAD THAT DAY IN MIND. I LOVE THE FEEL?
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by adanny01(m): 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Black Friday is a scam in Nigeria.

Jumia and Konga both stopped pay on delivery with Jumia increasing delivery charges while increasing prices but showing ridiculous price slashes that are not true. For example, an item that normally goes for 30k Jumia will announce a price slash from 45k to 29.5k. A N500 discount is not interesting at all. Besides one has to pay more on delivery and now no option of pay on delivery.

I have searched Jumia and have not found a good deal so far.

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by DICKtator: 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Explorers:
Shoppers will spend nearly £8billion this weekend as stores slash prices for Black Friday.

Desperate customers rip into the huge stacks of TVs in Sau Paulo this morning as the Black Friday chaos begins

Shoppers wait outside the entrance to Game in Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford, east London after the video game retailer opened its doors at midnight for Black Friday.

$50 billion was spent in America alone.

Capitalism stays winning

Jeff Bezos income also went up too

grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by heendrix(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
ipledge10:
Best deals on Black Friday are TVs. I bought 55” 4K smart TV for $298

which used to be at the normal rate of $1200 - 1500. it's nice you were lucky
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by heendrix(m): 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
How many of us believes this can never happen in countries like Afghanistan, Pakistan, iran, saudi Arabia even Kuwait or Bahrain we could have been counting scores of bomb blast victims on the floor

if your happy to be a Christian and a part of people that love peace n freedom make some noise where you are

#happy blessed Sunday to my Christian folks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by sharpwriter(m): 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
grin
banky3w:

You are a very foolish person. Every of your mumu comments you always flaunt you graduated from bungalow, you school in penthouse,
you shop in abule egba, went crazy in oshodi, you live in yaba left. Joor who you epp.... I dey look say E be like say you be riff raff before. If you ever try this again, I'll take it up with you personally. Oloshi oloriburuku...... Blowing your own trumpet. Take the certificate of stupidity for your brain resetting.
Hahahahaha.... chill na Broz...no take am personal. But I remembered like two days ago wey she say she went on hunting trip with someone in Bulgaria... she fit be first class Lady o grin

1 Like

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by nkemdi89(f): 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
LordAdam16:

'Twas okay, at least in my location. Crowded, busy, floor became dirty from excessive foot traffic, and every payment terminal was manned. I see their revenue easily topping three times the normal daily revenue, although most of the buyers were traders who'd resell the products in their shops later on. Deals weren't that many, but it'd improve in the coming years.

It's interesting how these SA brands come here to teach NG brands how to do business.

People who bought Shoprite Stocks when they first came to Nigeria should hold on to it. That company could very well become the Wal-Mart of Africa.

-Lord
OK, was it only on food items or were electronics involved?
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by toprealman: 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
sonoforogun:
Materialism. What happened to the ones they bought in previous 'black friday'?
Your Nigerian importer business men will ship it down and you buy it as NON TESTED ....the cycle continues.

1 Like

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by obatoro: 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2017
Americans are heavy consumers, they buy things they end up not using. Once visited a family in Houston Texas, their garage was packed full of all sorts of things some of them were never used for more than once. They were planning to do garage sales then. Minimalism is good anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by ubyways(m): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
sonoforogun:
will available in computer village next friday with price higher than the initials grin
sonoforogun:
will be available in computer village next friday with price higher than the initials

1 Like

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by sharpwriter(m): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
Drenix:
all dis my uncles and aunties dia wnt c all dis tins 2 bring home... na 2 dey carry chocolates dey cum back Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by desy24444(m): 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2017
This is real black Friday not the one jumai will inflate their price only to set it to the former price all for black Friday. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2017
this black friday thing sef.....one day it will be like Christmas or New year day. ...just imagine....it's taking away online shopping o.....Jumia and konga better brace up
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by Nuzo1(m): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
Priest69:

Well, you aren't entirely wrong there and that's their problem. I believe new and better things will be invented the ones that will help us and ones that will kill us. People die during Black Fridays but it's almost never recorded cause the culture must continue.
M[b]y point is; in the end, new things gets old as soon as it's produced and you are trapped in endless circle of acquiring new things endlessly[/b].

Please sir, don't mistaken this trend as just an American thing. It's a human thing but very prevalent in very developed societies.

High income drives high purchasing power. High Purchasing power drives good standard of living. Good standard of living drives innovation. Innovation back to high income. It's a wonderful process /circle if you ask me.

The government, the manufacturers, the consumers, the economy are all happy.

Now, can you compare that circle with the one most underdeveloped countries have?

Does it even sound right to speak against such system instead of working to have such a system.

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by baddosky1: 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2017
Nlandking:
This ones are the real Black Friday...Blackfridayi. Nigeria is a scam

Black Friday in America=== Normal Price: $500... Black Friday Price: $270

Black Friday in Nigeria=== Normal Price: N50,000... Black Friday Price: N49,950

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by LordAdam16: 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2017
nkemdi89:

OK, was it only on food items or were electronics involved?

There were some appliances. Mainly small appliances though like blenders, microwaves, et cetera.

The bulk of the deals were on food items, mainly drinks and wine. It'd have been a good time to stock up on drinks for the yuletide.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by boss01: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2017
kulboy:
What about yellow Monday
cyber Monday dey sha, that will be tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by toluxa1(m): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
sonoforogun:

We have bought it on eBay, Offerup and Craigslist, many are in Nigeria as UK Used already

1 Like

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by Revibe: 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
sonoforogun:

Some are reselling them o.

1 Like

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by segzyogondus(m): 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
After some people go dey complain say Africans especially Nigerians like cheap things but here we see say we be learners for buying cheap things
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by nkemdi89(f): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
LordAdam16:

There were some appliances. Mainly small appliances though like blenders, microwaves, et cetera.

The bulk of the deals were on food items, mainly drinks and wine. It'd have been a good time to stock up on drinks for the yuletide.

-Lord
I missed out, unfortunately I couldn't make it despite I was informed about it. Thanks.
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by Gggg102(m): 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
Reminds me of an episode in South Park.

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by akon4u: 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
Macramé
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by steve6: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
Really?
Re: Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos by poseidon12: 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
Poverty is bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Precious Nwosu, The CEO Of Pians Enterprise / Aliko Dangote And His Ex Wife Meet, Years After Divorce (Photos) / How Do I Track Items I Bought From Aliexpress Using China Post Air Mail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.