Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,913 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well (43156 Views)

Lady Finally Said Yes To Boyfriend’s Public Proposal After He Knelt For 10 Mins / Unilag Student Gets Bouquet Of Dollars From Her Crush (video) / Nigerian Lady Proposes To Her Crush On Twitter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 27, 2017
Old Lady, Your GRAMMAR stinks.
Highly repulsive.

1 Like

Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 11:38am On Nov 27, 2017
mrphysics:

Let's be sincere here, just like Mynd44 rightly puts it, the problem of you guys is inflated expectations. Most ladies are not so clear on their needs and requirements.

Another girl might find the guy interesting and even wanting to see how she can grow higher than the guy through his secrets to success. While to others which you belong to, his personal experience he was innocently sharing isn't necessary.
Hmmmm...who said he was "innocently sharing?" If I'm not mistaken, the lady said he was bragging/boasting. Not sharing. There are two different things
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by mrphysics(m): 11:42am On Nov 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

Hmmmm...who said he was "innocently sharing?" If I'm not mistaken, the lady said he was bragging/boasting. Not sharing. There are two different things
They are two different things in the mouth of one person. Remember everything is subjective and what she sees as boasting might be an innocent discussion to keep the date active, but ladies are complicated beings so she saw it as boasting. As matured as she thought she is, she kept silent but only exploded on social media.
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 11:42am On Nov 27, 2017
chibyk92:

sorry for taking it personal sha!..u just ended up saying rubbish..who aside money is not a liability?.. answer!.
I will answer. The truth is that, ANYONE/ANYTHING can be a liability. Depending on how it's handled. Have I answered you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by sinceraconcept(m): 11:43am On Nov 27, 2017
its because he saw your head shaped like a kid trying to draw a ball

1 Like

Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 11:49am On Nov 27, 2017
mrphysics:

They are two different things in the mouth of one person. Remember everything is subjective and what she sees as boasting might be an innocent discussion to keep the date active, but ladies are complicated beings so she saw it as boasting. As matured as she thought she is, she kept silent but only exploded on social media.

Yes I agree with you @subjective. The guy may have been making an innocent share like you said. But then, he could have been boasting. It's none of my business grin

I fault her for coming to social media to complain. Everything is now made public. No privacy anymore
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
Ladies make dating mistakes and Men also make dating mistakes. If the lady was smarter she would have used diplomacy to change the topic anytime he tries to talk about his achievements... it is easy to do... just a little effort on her part would have prevented him going down the rabbit hole of "boasting".

Basically it didn't work out because she already had high expectations of him (she had a crush on him) and he didn't meet up.

An example is when a lady starts talk about her ex... it irritates me, but what I do is once she mentions "my ex" I immediately change the topic... if she brings it back again I change the topic again... after the 3rd time she gets the message loud and clear.

MissJoy29:

It's the first date for goodness sake. Why talk about your life achievement that early? And remember, there's notjust a WHAT to say but a HOW to say it.

There are so many things to talk about on a first date. You just have to find a balance otherwise you will end up creeping out the person.
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by mrphysics(m): 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

Yes I agree with you @subjective. The guy may have been making an innocent share like you said. But then, he could have been boasting. It's none of my business grin

I fault her for coming to social media to complain. Everything is now made public. No privacy anymore
Remember she was crushing on him. She was actually the one that might have initiated the date and the guy knew that enough is expected of him. To whom much is expected from, much is given. So he was trying to maintain that state of being crushed on.

Guys tend to behave like babies when they are with women especially those they admire, and blablabla.

I don't blame any of them, they just failed to understand themselves
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
JoeyBlack:
Ladies make dating mistakes and Men also make dating mistakes. If the lady was smarter she would have used diplomacy to change the topic anytime he tries to talk about his achievements... it is easy to do... just a little effort on her part would have prevented him going down the rabbit hole of "boasting".

Basically it didn't work out because she already had high expectations of him (she had a crush on him) and he didn't meet up.

An example is when a lady starts talk about her ex... it irritates me, but what I do is once she mentions "my ex" I immediately change the topic... if she brings it back again I change the topic again... after the 3rd time she gets the message loud and clear.

I get it. It's true we all make dating mistakes. I agree. There are no hard & fast rules for some of these things.
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Legalbeing(m): 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
MissJoy29:
After boasting about what they have & who they are & eventually land a girl who is with them for the money, they will start shouting that Nigerian girls are materialistic.

Wait o, do these guys think every girl gets tripped or hooked by money? I have seen situations whereby the guy was thinking he had & was bragging about it only to find out who the lady he's bragging to was. He was forever humbled by the fact that the girl was way above him but never showed it. He felt stupid.

Besides, guys who brag about what they have know that THAT IS ALL they can bring to the table. Apart from their money, they are just liabilities. Lol. That's like one of the fastest ways to turn me off & away from you.

Money is good & necesary but not enough abeg.
Abeg take am easy.. Even after all ur brabin, Why do i seems to believe u re boastful? Any guy will chose to take any tactics necessary that will help him to subdue his quest and humble her acceptance. Mind you.
Only rich girls hate boastful guys.. It has been working for us. If u dont get to fancy my achievement then u re enemy of progress. Thank God is boastful not Fake..
BRO DONT GIVE A Bleep TO HER. If am not mistaking her face that day na complete fake.. See who is complaining.
........mtcheew!
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
mrphysics:

Remember she was crushing on him. She was actually the one that might have initiated the date and the guy knew that enough is expected of him. To whom much is expected from, much is given. So he was trying to maintain that state of being crushed on.

Guys tend to behave like babies when they are with women especially those they admire, and blablabla.

I don't blame any of them, they just failed to understand themselves
Lol @ enough is expected. He must have felt he has to hold enough or at least act like he does In order to maintain a fine girl like her grin
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
Legalbeing:

Abeg take am easy.. Even after all ur brabin, Why do i seems to believe u re boastful? Any guy will chose to take any tactics necessary that will help him to subdue his quest and humble her acceptance. Mind you.
Only rich girls hate boastful guys.. It has been working for us. If u dont get to fancy my achievement then u re enemy of progress. Thank God is boastful not Fake..
BRO DONT GIVE A Bleep TO HER. If am not mistaking her face that day na complete fake.. See who is complaining.
........mtcheew!
Sorry, I really don't understand a word of what you said nor the anger and hate emanating from it
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by mablie(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
grin grin grin
Warripikin08:
James Cameron or David Cameron
Funnily enough,I also mix up both names sometimes
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by mrphysics(m): 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

Lol @ enough is expected. He must have felt he has to hold enough or at least act like he does In order to maintain a fine girl like her grin
grin grin

Guys most times are tired of women, their requirements, and their needs. Hence they just do anything they think. Generally, money is now the new age among men, everything they do revolves around making money and money. So I won't blame him for doing what he did because, the general notion is that Nigerian ladies are very much interested in rich guys
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Zdoh(m): 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
Legalbeing:

........mtcheew!
Thank you, can you imagine such lady? I now understand that its not every ladies that even want their man to achieve anything under their nose. All they want is shopping for them,he buy me this,he buy me that.Baby I need this I need that most of them don't care how you doing or progress in your life.The day you tells girls/woman about one of your achievements that's only when you will knows her true colour I have witnessed this several times. Some felt like why he didnt spent that money on me.I want to say congratulations to the happily married ones I mean those that are in true love. Those their wife truly support them everytime,anybidy that find such woman please hold her tight.

1 Like

Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by NEIGHBOUR(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
He was boastful because he saw that she could neither write nor communicate well in English.
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by chuksdavid28(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
still tryna figure out d shape of d head...i'd probably jez Google it before I give maself brain tumour
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
imagine aunty

Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by NEIGHBOUR(m): 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
Zdoh:
Thank you, can you imagine such lady? I now understand that its not every ladies that even want their man to achieve anything under their nose. All they want is shopping for them,he buy me this,he buy me that.Baby I need this I need that most of them don't care how you doing or progress in your life.The day you tells girls/woman about one of your achievements that's only when you will knows her true colour I have witnessed this several times. Some felt like why he didnt spent that money on me.I want to say congratulations to the happily married ones I mean those that are in true love. Those their wife truly support them everytime,anybidy that find such woman please hold her tight.

Chain!!! I had grammatical headache while reading ur write-up.

1 Like

Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
Is it only me here that believe this lady is lying?. She went there but she could not engage intelligently with the guy throughout the date Nd bn someone with a very low self esteem, she came online to tarnish his image. Was she not the one crushing on the guy? Some ladies can do anything to bring a guy down just like potiphers wife did to Joseph.
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Zdoh(m): 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
NEIGHBOUR:

Chain!!! I had grammatical headache while reading ur write-up.
Lolz ....i understand you but atleast you get the message?I am not after grammar at all.
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
IamHeWrites:
Twitter user @steadi_lady tweeted her delight at finally getting to go on a date with her crush.

Hours later, she said it was a total waste of time because he talked too much and is show off.

http://www.torimill.com/2017/11/nigerian-lady-finally-bagged-date-with.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steadi_Lady/status/934462264396189696

You sef be boastful of what you has. I'm guessing he kept talking cos of the gbagauns you were firing at him intermittently
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
MissJoy29:
After boasting about what they have & who they are & eventually land a girl who is with them for the money, they will start shouting that Nigerian girls are materialistic.

Wait o, do these guys think every girl gets tripped or hooked by money? I have seen situations whereby the guy was thinking he had & was bragging about it only to find out who the lady he's bragging to was. He was forever humbled by the fact that the girl was way above him but never showed it. He felt stupid.

Besides, guys who brag about what they have know that THAT IS ALL they can bring to the table. Apart from their money, they are just liabilities. Lol. That's like one of the fastest ways to turn me off & away from you.

Please explain to us what kind of liability a man who brings money to the table is
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Zuluhead(m): 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
quote author=IamHeWrites post=62748219]Twitter user @steadi_lady tweeted her delight at finally getting to go on a date with her crush.

Hours later, she said it was a total waste of time because he talked too much and is show off.

http://www.torimill.com/2017/11/nigerian-lady-finally-bagged-date-with.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steadi_Lady/status/934462264396189696[/quote]despite the fact am a male some guys could be quite boastful,like wise some female. I remeber then in school we were hanging out and a guy was having a date with his girl, he was feeling fly after ordering some bottles of wine and champagne for his table and other tables. He became drunk,lousy and boastful. The girl couldn't bear it anymore, she requested for the bill, paid for all the drinks ordered more for us, switched her table, called up her female friends and an unexpected party sprang up. We didnt see the young man again until exams. He automatically became an introveet after that incident. Some guys forget we have lots of rich spoilt girls. Infact some are board of directors of their family companies.
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Please explain to us what kind of liability a man who brings money to the table is
I didn't say a man who brings money to the table is a liability. I said if ALL he brings to the table is money....check it please
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
mrphysics:

grin grin

Guys most times are tired of women, their requirements, and their needs. Hence they just do anything they think. Generally, money is now the new age among men, everything they do revolves around making money and money. So I won't blame him for doing what he did because, the general notion is that Nigerian ladies are very much interested in rich guys
I agree. Even though that's the same way we are tired of Nigerian guys who are MOSTLY if not ONLY interested in sex grin
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

I didn't say a man who brings money to the table is a liability. I said if ALL he brings to the table is money....check it please

So I ask again , please explain to us what kind of liability a man who brings only money to the table is
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 6:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
neoapocalypse:

So I ask again , please explain to us what kind of liability a man who brings only money to the table is
I would answer you with this: you guys always complain that a lot of ladies only bring their sex organs to a relationship and without that, they don't add anything else. Now my question is, what are those others things you want from us apart from our sex organs? Whatever you answer should shed more light on what you asked me.

Have you not seen wives of rich men who are unhappy? Think about these things
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

I would answer you with this: you guys always complain that a lot of ladies only bring their sex organs to a relationship and without that, they don't add anything else. Now my question is, what are those others things you want from us apart from our sex organs? Whatever you answer should shed more light on what you asked me.

Have you not seen wives of rich men who are unhappy? Think about these things

Honey your explanation isn't tenable , I bring sex she brings sex , or isn't my own sex organ an item ? I dare say she enjoys the sex more than me so I do more of the bringing in that department. So I ask one more time , what kind of liability am I if I "only bring money" to the table ?. And no dancing around in circles this time
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by johnson232: 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

Every girl get tripped by money...It just depend on the guy's mature or childish manner of flaunting it...
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
johnson232:

Every girl get tripped by money...It just depend on the guy's mature or childish manner of flaunting it...
You get tripped by money when it's the only reason you are in the relationship/marriage
Re: Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well by MissJoy29(f): 7:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Honey your explanation isn't tenable , I bring sex she brings sex , or isn't my own sex organ an item ? I dare say she enjoys the sex more than me so I do more of the bringing in that department. So I ask one more time , what kind of liability am I if I "only bring money" to the table ?. And no dancing around in circles this time
Ok..I will try not to dance around in circles this time smiley.
Why I gave that explanation was cos guys are always shouting how most ladies ONLY bring sex to the table. I'm sure they forgot that they also enjoy it. Have you guys also sincerely made a list of what else you also bring to the table asides money and the sex?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. For me, maybe cos I'm wired differently, money is good o. But it's not enough to keep me if that's ALL you have. If you have money but you are a Bleep boy, If you have money but you are not God fearing, if you have have money but you don't have milk of human kindness in you, if you have money but you are a sworn anti-christ, I could go on & on, then you are a liability to me. Get my drift?

I repeat again, money is good & necessary. But it's never enough alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Shares Chat With His Friend's Gf Who Cursed Him Out After He Refused To Her / I Love Her But... Now I'm Embarrassed / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.