Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone (20531 Views)

Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by IRAPADA(m): 9:35pm On May 30, 2010
osef:

oga pito
please what can make my c band signal be jumping and switch off completly at nite though it will work well in the morning uptill say 4 pm before cracking and finally switch of by nite

check d lnb setting and make sure set it to 2 O clock,also try to just it vntil u ve d highest percentage
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by pitodenz(m): 9:56pm On May 30, 2010
@ osef if u re using supermax c band lnbf please change to strong lnbf.
@ sayedan dont worry i ll do dat as soon as possible.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by captainus: 3:56pm On May 31, 2010
@Pitodenz and All

What could be wrong?

When I am watching channels with my 4653x the signal goes off and the word "Lnbf" comes on the receiver. I thought the lnb was damaged but problem persisted even when I changed the lnb.But when I change the receiver to 69x everything works fine. Thanks
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by GeorgeD1(m): 4:56pm On May 31, 2010
captainus,
your reciever f-connector could be bridging its contacts or worst still it could be that the reciever is showing early signs of signal problem. before my own 53x finally packed up, it did show some signs though not exactly like what you described.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by captainus: 5:07pm On May 31, 2010
@George_D

Thanks for the reply.I will recheck the f-connector.hopefully the receiver is not approaching its final days. grin I've had it for over two yrs now.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by olatufu(m): 3:43am On Jun 06, 2010
@ al, i use 2 decoders 4 nilesat.i looped out signal 4rm 1 to d oda.weneva i change d station on decoder to BBCW wc has H polarity,al d stations on V polarity in decoder B goes off.is it bcus am nt using a twin lnb or wat cud b d prob?
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by freshp(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2010
@olatufu
i had similar probs on my old mans set up a long time ago.to me the circutry of the Rxs are still buggy.try using similar Rx.i stand 2 corrected.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by olatufu(m): 7:00am On Jun 07, 2010
@ freshp, wat is Rxs? Pls xplain.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by microgiant: 7:43am On Jun 07, 2010
olatufu:

@ al, i use 2 decoders 4 nilesat.i looped out signal 4rm 1 to d oda.weneva i change d station on decoder to BBCW wc has H polarity,al d stations on V polarity in decoder B goes off.is it bcus am nt using a twin lnb or wat cud b d prob?

If decoder A is connected to the satellite and decoder B connects with the loop out. decoder A controls the LNB. solution use use dual LNB with two ports.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by GeorgeD1(m): 8:56am On Jun 07, 2010
olatufu,
microgiant is right. what your experiencing with both your nilesat decoders is what we call polarity conflict and has been dealt with on the official fta thread in season 3.

the first decoder that you connect the lnb to from the dish is called the master while the one you loop out to is the slave. as the name implies, the master controlls the slave hence you can only watch stations of similar polarity (v or h) which the master decoder is tuned to at any point in time.

solutions abound to these problem but since your only using two decoders, you may consider replacing your single lnb with a twin or quad lnb (for future expansion).
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by freshp(m): 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2010
@ Olatufu,
Rx stands for receiver, the 's' is just for plural.
BTW George & microgiant  have just given you the answer succinctly.
Good luck.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by olatufu(m): 1:52am On Jun 16, 2010
Tnx 4 d answers my ogas. 1 luv
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by twinskenny(m): 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2010
if you are around Ibafo, mowe, berger, Redemption camp and u need an installer you can contact me 08051355133
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by solo1ng1: 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
twinskenny:

if you are around Ibafo, mowe, berger, Redemption camp and u need an installer you can contact me 08051355133

@ twinskenny,

Ibafo and berger are my area, lets hook up one of these day or even dis weekend to compliment each other, i need to see ur stuff 08038032393
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Ameboperoo(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2010
I'm just thinking about an idea that came 2 my mind sometimes. I want us all to think out, before I practicalise it. What if i construct an arc as lnb holder on a 1.8 metre dish, the center of the arc will be the focal point of the dish. Then the other parts will be offset focal point. The dish faces sirius 4 example, the lnb at the centre receives signal from sirius. Another lnb on the western side of d arc receiving signal from a satellite from the East at an offset angle and so on. The arc may not be a perfect one 4 all its parts to be on the focal points at different offset angles. If my theory works, then a single dish can be used to receive different sats with many lnbs. It is just a theory though, I've not tried it yet.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by microgiant: 7:29am On Jul 17, 2010
Multi LNB setups are very common in the middle east. Just google Multi Lnb with pictures
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by GeorgeD1(m): 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2010
amebo,
one dish multiple lnb theory is one that has been tranformed into reality in many parts of the world.

just do it!
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Enigma(m): 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2010
For examples and previous discussions of multi-LNB setup see:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.256.html#msg1696778

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.256.html#msg1696786

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.160.html#msg1662732

There are other posts on multi-LNB if you use the nairaland search feature.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Adeexy: 11:07am On Jul 19, 2010
Ameboperoo:

I'm just thinking about an idea that came 2 my mind sometimes. I want us all to think out, before I practicalise it. What if i construct an arc as lnb holder on a 1.8 metre dish, the center of the arc will be the focal point of the dish. Then the other parts will be offset focal point. The dish faces sirius 4 example, the lnb at the centre receives signal from sirius. Another lnb on the western side of d arc receiving signal from a satellite from the East at an offset angle and so on. The arc may not be a perfect one 4 all its parts to be on the focal points at different offset angles. If my theory works, then a single dish can be used to receive different sats with many lnbs. It is just a theory though, I've not tried it yet.

I saw it already installed, somewhere will get pictures next time I go dre, go ahead bro
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by GeorgeD1(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2010
enigma,
that was a nice one. cheers!

Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Enigma(m): 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2010
Pleasure, George. smiley
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by TOWNJUJU: 12:13am On Mar 31, 2011
@Pito u've got mail. pls its urgent!
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Sensicut(m): 6:23am On Mar 31, 2011
Pls any instaler should call me on.08056683575.08094113743 or mail me at.sensicut07@gmail.com.living in lagos surulere.thanks u all
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by sharaff6(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2011
Mr Geo,plz where can i get dis multi Lmb holder,i stay @ ebute-metta lagos mainland. And plz i need mirco box too.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by ultrasat(m): 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
I try nailing the channel of winners chapel with 1.8meter c-band, but it didn't come up, if you have being use to tracking it, pls kindly give your advice. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by loluskysat(m): 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ultralsat,
Where is yr location 2.4 m works in the North
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by agyengo(m): 1:13pm On Apr 10, 2011
pls can somebody help me out with the meters corresponding to these dishes:4ft, 6ft,7.5(coolft, 10ft, 12ft, N.B ft=feet dishes. thanks
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by ask1509(m): 4:35pm On Apr 13, 2011
4ft in metres is 1.2192 so i guess dats 120cm dish
6ft is 1.83 m(180cm dish)
7.5 is 2.3 m( Probably 2.4m dish)
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2011
@ George D, I can see you are based in Warri. I am based in warri too. I am a novice in satellite installation. I want to learn. I don't know if you can be of help. My email is tosagay2003@yahoo.com
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by guzman45: 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2011
Please, how can I track etv capetown
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Isuata: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2011
hello guys, pls i need an installer in garki to help me install a motorised positioner for my 1.8 meter dish, all d guys iav seen cant install it so presently i hav a stationary sat on nile beam
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by olabisi75(m): 2:45pm On May 28, 2011
ultrasat:

I try nailing the channel of winners chapel with 1.8meter c-band, but it didn't come up, if you have being use to tracking it, pls kindly give your advice. Thanks in anticipation.

the ideal dish to point to this bird is 2.4m so don't try any other dish with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Need Information On Yah Sat 52.5e / Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona / Every Installer Should Read This: Location Of Positions Without Sat Finder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.