Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,312 members, 7,811,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

My Ghana Experience 2017 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Ghana Experience 2017 (62622 Views)

Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations / 100 Most Visited Cities In The World In 2017. See Where Nigeria Was Ranked. / Flight Took Off In 2018 And Arrived Destination In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
Aniedi30:
Ghana is really not what u think.. am a residence here but I think cost of living in Nigeria is better than Ghana and moreover don't think Ghanaians are friendly bcoz there all observing u just fuckup u will regret why u come closer

People with sense, this are d real once who have been to ghara, life in ghana isn't easy.

5 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
360command:
I have said it here on nairaland, when traveling to ghana, buy things from Nigeria and then sell in their local market even if it is a small profit you make. It is better carrying a device to sell than cash where you might be cheated when changing money...

Ur head dey house.... Ride on brother
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by izzyboi(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
Nigeria is better and easier to live in. you can check this website http://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/cost-of-living/ghana/nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TemmyTee82(f): 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
360command:
that is becos your country jagajaga.. Have you traveled before? Have you been to haiti and Dominica republic? They are both on an island.. Dominican republic is a paradise but Haiti is hell.. Haitians travel to dominican rep alot and then come back to talk about how peaceful it is in Dominican... But how many Dominicans goes to haiti? A few.. And what is there to talk about haiti, none. Because haiti is scattered! That's how nigeria and ghana is... It is when you travel and see places then your mind becomes open.. You start to compare and contrast.

My friend, shut up your mouth and sit down!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
vascey:
You know you should be comparing Ghana to VI Lagos.

So based on one location, one barney, one pure water, one meal, on hangout, one mall, you have easily concluded that Ghana is better than Nigeria?

You don't know how big Nigeria is; that is your problem. A whole Naija is what you are comparing to one locality in Ghana. Chai!

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip sha but before you can compare, you need to go round this our country first.

Anambra,Lagos,Calabar are d 3 state i will drop dat will beat Ghana hands down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spactacus(m): 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
TemmyTee82:
40cl pure water is thicker than ours? Ours is 50cl na. Way thicker.
as I see the post had to check the pure water I'm drinking, my Ghana friend dey always complain, phone too cost, I actually don't know what wrong with op brain

3 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
tunde37:
Ghana ko Ghana ni, I would rather travel to oyinbo land than staying in Africa, you showing us the beautiful place you con want make we relocate like that, that why many people fall victim of slave trade in Libya, make them show you some pictures of places in lekki and ajah and Victoria highland, banana highland if you won't also fall for nija, u better grown. am proud of my country oh.

Banana island too big for ghana, Ajah VI is ok

6 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
biacan:
I want to come to ghana
It is good you visit, it will make u appreciate ur country more.

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
Fhemmmy:
What kinda jobs are there that will sustain good living
What kinda business is there that their population of just 30M can support very well?
Please just a question

30 million, bros u go turn otedola for ghana be dat, Phone business is what i will recommend

U can be d slot of Accra or Kumasi

2 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Notatribalist(m): 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ibcdesigns:
20. There's a church beside the hotel i stayed, on sunday while they were having there church service, i didn't hear a thing, i just saw people gushing out at the end of the service.

21. And social life is top notch, as they play life performance more that they use DJ's, you'd see a family go up to the stage to dance their sorrow away around 1am.

22. There's always light and water, so its safe to walk around even at night.

Summarily, my opinion is that Ghana is generally a better place than Nigeria , The People are friendlier and it much safer to move around even at the local markets. The crime rate is better .Nigeria could have been easy as well but owing to its population and fierce competition.
You may notice even foreigners taking public transport in Ghana but that would be difficult in Nigeria.

When it comes to cost of living there is no big difference and one positive thing in Ghana it easy to save money by going local i.e Local foods,Local markets etc.

keep quiet oga.I have bn in Ghana for over 4years now,the churches here disturbs like they do in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TemmyTee82(f): 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
onatisi:

only a complete village man will post the picture of a filling station as something special . i am sure ghanians are laughing out aloud now how a nigerian man takes a filling station to be something special

LMAO! See as OP just fall our hands. Now those Ghanaians go start to dey open mouth.

2 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by 360command: 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
hotdealz:
Something wey I dey sell 25k here in Nigeria. I no go run go Ghana so?
you should do. I once bought an iPhone 5s in nigeria took it to Ghana.. I did not plan to sell it but a ghanaian trader saw the phone, took it from me, thought I was selling it.. He gave me an offer.. My profit was 10000 naira... That was when iphone 5 was new in d market..
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TheAngry1: 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
360command:
that is becos your country jagajaga.. Have you traveled before? Have you been to haiti and Dominica republic? They are both on an island.. Dominican republic is a paradise but Haiti is hell.. Haitians travel to dominican rep alot and then come back to talk about how peaceful it is in Dominican... But how many Dominicans goes to haiti? A few.. And what is there to talk about haiti, none. Because haiti is scattered! That's how nigeria and ghana is... It is when you travel and see places then your mind becomes open.. You start to compare and contrast.

Have I traveled before? See this otondo. Young people are making money legitimately in Nigeria, you are here saying Nigeria jaga jaga. Ewu. Relocate to Ghana na! Have I traveled before? I travel for a living...okponu

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
izzyboi:
Nigeria is still better than Ghana. We would have been much better if not for population... you can't compare Nigeria's population(one of the most populated countries in the world)to that of Ghana.

Population population, what many don't understand, Ghana is not up to 50 million people, Lagos and Kano population should be d entire population of Ghana

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Donsammi(m): 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
deco22:
Who compares Ghana to Nigeria,you went to fine places in Ghana and you have concluded that Ghana is better,go asokoro or lekki,you will know Nigeria is way better...you are even comparing Coca-Cola and pure water sef...

PS:go banana island,and come back and be talking nonsense.

banana island sef dey over rated self.

money is spent here in abj
gwarinpa estate,asokoro,maitama etc
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TemmyTee82(f): 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
biacan:
And what tribe is that

Efik na. Ibibio. etc.
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by edupedia: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
Keneking:
See how neat and orderly the city looks in the pictures...compared to Lagos undecided
Ambode, his cabinet members and entire Lagos State House of Assembly should go to Ghana and learn one or two things angry
Abuja, Uyo, Enugu can be compared to some parts of Ghana

....that exactly is the point....stop comparing Lagos to Accra...Lasgidi has bad and good...Accra and Ghana people are still relatively lokis to Lagosians...Are we not talking about Lagos whose population is more than 75% of the total population of the whole of Ghana?...there are bound to be advantages and disadvantages...next time u want to compare Accra u can do so with Calabar, Kaduna,Akure, PH etc but not even with Abuja....some of those food items like chicken jollof rice etc are tasteless compared to those in Nigeria....some of us have tried them before...so tasteless we were forced to be taking bread and sardines only....no food like ours....that is why our people find it profitable to set up Nigerian food centres in foreign lands like Dubai Uk US etc...even go to Monrovia there are fufu and amala centres....but some of u believe every Libya is better than naija....big mistake!....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by 360command: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2017
TemmyTee82:

My friend, shut up your mouth and sit down!
have you been to the Dominican Republic or haiti?
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TemmyTee82(f): 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2017
360command:
90 cedis should be like 7000 naira - 7,200 naira.

On top chicken. So what's cheap about that?

Will I not start exporting chicken to Ghana laidis?

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Mariangeles(f): 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ibcdesigns:
Civil Discipline and adherence to law and order here is top notch, the police force is alot more civil. Cases where the police would alt our vehicle and talk to use like responsible individuals cannot be over-emphasized. Questions like "May i know why you don't have a shoe on while driving sire?" They know there job, its not a matter of bribe, its a matter of law.

9. The public transport system here is also classy, i saw corolla sport being used as taxi so many times, matrix is a very popular taxi too, the cars are neat and in good condition.

10. The drivers in Ghana are just more civil, an exact opposite from what obtains in Nigeria. I was shocked when i got to an idle road and saw cars park to respect the traffic light, i looked right and left in search of a policeman to no avail, knowing fully well that even with a barrack, Nigerians don't respect traffic lights, most especially when no one is there to enforce the law.

They were all calm and waited till the green light before they all continued moving slowly towards the next stop.

11. The streets are very clean as well. You'll most definitely start seeing companies you once saw in Nigeria, but left due to the Nigerian situation, you'll find a lot of them in GH.

12. Here's West Ridge, Accra street
What are you implying? that we should hate Nigeria and all exile to Ghana...? and besides you're using Lagos' standard to compare the whole of Nigeria, have you been to other states in Nigeria? In most states in Nigeria the atmosphere is peaceful, serene and in order...So respect yourself and respect my country Nigeria.
Who knows whether you a Ghanaian in disguise trying to sell Ghana 'cause there are spies among us here on Nairaland posing as Nigerians...I mean how dare you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by izzyboi(m): 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:

Population population, what many don't understand, Ghana is not up to 50 million people, Lagos and Kano population should be d entire population of Ghana
Yes na
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2017
rotey73:
saw Buka Osu in the pic
Osu is an area in Ghana, and that is one of the high end areas with lots of multinationals company
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by onatisi(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ibcdesigns:
20. There's a church beside the hotel i stayed, on sunday while they were having there church service, i didn't hear a thing, i just saw people gushing out at the end of the service.

21. [s]And social life is top notch, as they play life performance more that they use DJ's, you'd see a family go up to the stage to dance their sorrow away around 1am.
[/s] rubbish
22. [s]There's always light and water, so its safe to walk around even at night.[/s] RUBBISH ,this only shows all your movement were restricted.

Summarily, my opinion is that Ghana is generally a better place than Nigeria , The People are friendlier (dem never show u, stay a little longer) and it much safer to move around even at the local markets. The crime rate is better .[s]Nigeria could have been easy as well but owing to its population and fierce competition.[/s] kindergarten mentality ,population has got nothing to do with ppl moving freely
You may notice even foreigners taking public transport in Ghana but that would be difficult in Nigeria.

When it comes to cost of living there is no big difference and one positive thing in Ghana it easy to save money by going local i.e Local foods,Local markets etc.

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Macaulish(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:

Iyaff kill am Finish grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Ghana to Nigeria.

Which kind comparative & Superlative this OP dey do self..

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by cremedelacreme: 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
OP is a confirmed villager. What's special about those rubbish pictures you posted? Nigerians can hype anything that is not Nigerian. Just look at how empty and local the streets look. Pls you need to tour round Nigeria before you start writing rubbish. I have been to Ghana twice and I tell you, Nigeria is like US when compared to Ghana. Na wah for some people ooo. Gush!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TemmyTee82(f): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
spactacus:
as I see the post had to check the pure water I'm drinking, my Ghana friend dey always complain, phone too cost, I actually don't know what wrong with op brain

OP needs a brain check, I swear.

2 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2017
LogoDWhiz:
What's the cost of transport from Lagos to Ghana through road and what are the documents required?
20k+ a little more or less, valid identity card if u don't have passport
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by 360command: 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2017
TemmyTee82:

On top chicken. So what's cheap about that?
this chicken is big.. I am a Nigerian and I have seen how carton of chicken can be with its pricing... I will tell you where Nigeria is better.. Ghana is expensive and if there is one thing I can spend my money well, it is buying chicken.. And at 60 cedis then, I get good value for money..

Now buying live chicken in nigeria appears cheaper compare to buying live chicken in ghana..
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TemmyTee82(f): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
360command:
you should do. I once bought an iPhone 5s in nigeria took it to Ghana.. I did not plan to sell it but a ghanaian trader saw the phone, took it from me, thought I was selling it.. He gave me an offer.. My profit was 10000 naira... That was when iphone 5 was new in d market..

Sweet deal.
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Fhemmmy: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:

30 million, bros u go turn otedola for ghana be dat, Phone business is what i will recommend

U can be d slot of Accra or Kumasi

There economy is NOT great to afford good phones . . . Money isn't well circulated in that country and affordability of stuff is hard, except you selling Knock around phones and their duty is mad

2 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by deavicky(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
U went to Ghana to conpare their fuel Despenser with ours. Anyway the lord is ur strength

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Aniedi30(m): 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:

People with sense, this are d real once who have been to ghara, life in ghana isn't easy.
am telling you brother but is somehow easy but the mindset of Ghanaians is what make it not easy at all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

All Passengers Came Out Of This Bus Alive After Collision With Trailer. Photos / Israelis Being Evacuated To Israel From Nigeria (Video) / 40 People From Zamfara Hidden Amid Cows Arrested In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.