Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? (12542 Views)

Nnewi Politics: Ibeto Should Be Ashamed Of Himself / Misau Mocks Presidency, APC: You Should Be Ashamed Of Indicting Buhari / Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by LasGidiOwner: 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
What you are showing is Google earth. Show us real pictures of the aerial of Ibadan..lol

That picture you posted is old but it still beats this hands down.

totit:

C'on Chino.
You know you are lying. grin
This is 2017.
Now,lets compare ibadan of new to iboland of new.

Iboland 1

Ibadan 2

Oya, compare oo

My niguur cool

2 Likes

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by totit: 12:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
cool

I will be back cool
Mellly cklimax to ya all cool
grin grin
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by totit: 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
What you are showing is Google earth. Show us real pictures of the aerial of Ibadan..lol

Stroll up cool
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by LasGidiOwner: 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
totit:

But this is real nah grin
Can't you see chino,my friend lipsrsealed

See better place. Are u satisfy now cool
grin

Now compare that place with this.lol

1 Like

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by totit: 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
LasGidiOwner:

Now compare that place with this.

Who know better thing grin
Check it out now cool

Lool
cool

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by LasGidiOwner: 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
totit:

Who know better thing grin
Check it out now cool

Lool
cool

Why did you have to edit the first picture? Are you scared of brown rustic roofs? LOL

Get us a massive aerial outlook like this..lol

1 Like

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Michael004: 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
totit:
Somebody said there is no brown roofs in alaigbo, but what's this we are seeing cheesy

Enough of these lies nah cheesy
Is this really anambra. No be gold them use again?
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Michael004: 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
meccuno:
dude that is an old picture of awka
Old pic of wetin?
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by totit: 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
Michael004:
Is this really anambra. No be gold them use again?

My guy, I forbid lie o
If you think i am lying check it out cool

Shm. No be lie o cool
grin grin

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by totit: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
LasGidiOwner:

Why did you have to edit the first picture? Are you scared of brown rustic roofs? LOL

Get us a massive aerial outlook like this..lol

Show me where I edited now.

Lool
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Yyeske(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
For some of you who don't know the SW, the OP is just being dubious.
Just imagine an Anambra or Enugu man telling you that Nri is the largest city in Africa because Nri hegemony and culture starts after you cross Onitsha and extends far deep into Enugu state. We can as well have Awka Nri, Aguleri Nri, Ezeagu Nri, Agulu Nri, Adazi Nri etc.
Back to Ibadan, I served in Gbongan, Ayedaade LGA in Osun state and anytime I was to board a bus to Ibadan or Lagos, immediately after the border town of Ikire, all hamlets, villages etc you see have an Ibadan suffix after its name, the real town Ibadan is still about 45mins after Ikire, just before you get to the old toll gate before you start getting a semblance of an urban area.
So stop your exaggerated size of Ibadan and talk of Ibadan proper and its area.

2 Likes

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Michael004: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
patrick89:

You served in Anambra state. How much did the government pay you? Ungrateful afonja... Our governor are paying 10k whereas your big for nothing Oyo Governor pay nothing to corpers. Some of the passed out corpses were given up to 200k at the end of their service year. Most of you refused to go back and you're here making noise. You should be flogged by saying rubbish.. Oyo state receive one of the biggest allocation in the country. Ibadan occupys up to 80% of the land mass, but unfortunately it is underdeveloped.
The place is despicably backward with red zinc dotted everywhere. It will be easy to find a Christian in Medina that yo see a young girl that can speak English in Oyo state. Very low wretched people.
How dare you compare Anambra state with worthless pigry state like Oyo? Where backwardness is the new cool.
We have never been in the same category... We can never be, you should draw the line with osun state and never Anambra!
You mean awka is paying 10k? In which country if I may ask. But who is talking of money here. They are talking of development, Don't shift goal post. If it is awka where I served, abeg, stop it. All jergos you wrote is full of pains you are going through and I don't care. You can hang yourself if you like. Awka is poo. You people are wretched that why you run to yorubaland. Very ingrate dirty tribe. Spit.
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Michael004: 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
Yyeske:
For some of you who don't know the SW, the OP is just being dubious.
Just imagine an Anambra or Enugu man telling you that Nri is the largest city in Africa because Nri hegemony and culture starts after you cross Onitsha and extends far deep into Enugu state. We can as well have Awka Nri, Aguleri Nri, Ezeagu Nri, Agulu Nri, Adazi Nri etc.
Back to Ibadan, I served in Gbongan, Ayedaade LGA in Osun state and anytime I was to board a bus to Ibadan or Lagos, immediately after the border town of Ikire, all hamlets, villages etc you see have an Ibadan suffix after its name, the real town Ibadan is still about 45mins after Ikire, just before you get to the old toll gate before you start getting a semblance of an urban area.
So stop your exaggerated size of Ibadan and talk of Ibadan proper and its area.
Bros, na wa for you o. Wh9 talks say Ibadan is the largest 8n Africa, the whole world knows it is the largest in west Africa. I mean largest city in West Africa. Even akure will swallow 4 out of 5 southeastern states capitals and still remain. Disprove me on that. I am open to criticism but with fact.
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Yyeske(m): 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
Michael004:
Bros, na wa for you o. Wh9 talks say Ibadan is the largest 8n Africa, the whole world knows it is the largest in west Africa. I mean largest city in West Africa. Even akure will swallow 4 out of 5 southeastern states capitals and still remain. Disprove me on that. I am open to criticism but with fact.
We are talking of the city proper bros because I know those villages and hamlets after Ajesire dam on river Osun after Ikire are not part of Ibadan city proper even if they are usually included in the landmass of Ibadan.
Ibadan just extends from BAT factory and toll gate area along the express from Lagos to Ojoo area and a bit along Ibadan-Ilorin road and from around Abeokuta express towards the southwest of the city to the northern fringes and toll gate around the Ibadan-Ife road. I'm not saying it is not big but the built up area of Ibadan isn't as you guys are exaggerating.
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by AmericanQuarter: 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
Yyeske:
We are talking of the city proper bros because I know those villages and hamlets after Ajesire dam on river Osun after Ikire are not part of Ibadan city proper even if they are usually included in the landmass of Ibadan.
Ibadan just extends from BAT factory and toll gate area along the express from Lagos to Ojoo area and a bit along Ibadan-Ilorin road and from around Abeokuta express towards the southwest of the city to the northern fringes and toll gate around the Ibadan-Ife road. I'm not saying it is not big but the built up area of Ibadan isn't as you guys are exaggerating.

Just ignore these people. Let them feast on the thread alone.
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Yyeske(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
AmericanQuarter:

Just ignore these people. Let them feast on the thread alone.
They think they can come online and deceive everybody not knowing some of us have toured the length and breath of the SW.
Most don't even know anywhere in the west aside Lagos but would come here to upload downloaded pictures

1 Like

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Jaideyone(m): 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
uglyafonja:

Who is this ewedu sprawling trash....

big or developed.....which one are you talking about.....we have trash that matter and your brother left the thread he created in shame.....

Ibadan is the biggest slum in the whole of Africa.
you see how dull you are? you illiterates only spread one angle as the picture of Ibadan (a 3000sq km city) and that's the angle close to the bowers tower which is the tower on the highest hill in Ibadan.
http://thenationonlineng.net/bowers-tower-and-ibadans-historic-hills/

the city started growing from around the hills over 400yrs ago when the first group of settles established Ibadan after the fall of the Oyo empire so that side of Ibadan is filled with very old buildings. some of them are as old as 100years!!!

can you show the true skyline of a 3000sq km city in just a few pictures of the ancient (400yrs old) part of the city? the answer is no.
any serious photographer who wants to show us the skyline of Ibadan will either use a drone or show us satellite pictures which are all over the thread.

the pictures of the modern side of Ibadan are all on the first and second page for you to see.

I'm emphasizing on the size to show you the foolishness of your brothers who only want to see the brown roof part of Ibadan!!!

and I still stand by my point that the modern side which is at least 2000sqkm (2/3 of the city) dwarfs the biggest city in the south east (Enugu) which is just 600sqkm!!!

2 Likes

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Jaideyone(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
What's the need of a big rusty town filled with mud houses? You guys are terrible..lol

refer to the post above this one. it might cure your illiteracy
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2017
OMANBALA1:
I don't want to say this but between the Igbo and Yoruba I have noticed the Yoruba are more tribalistic,bigoted and very hateful. Sorry, I go by number of thread and Yoruba posters who are out here spewing hate and ignorance.

Anambra and Ani Igbo has done very well since the brutal and bloody war that ravaged our region and we can only get better. The period when certain people from certain region controlled the media, banking and every other sector is gone......We will push you till you drop into a pit!
Keep the hate coming, the Igbo nation is neither scared nor intimidated. We are gonna get on our feet and when we do....good night.
I promised not to comment on this thread but this shameless show of hypocrisy got my attention. One of your idiotic brothers with the moniker ugly.afonja has created more than 5000 denigrating Yoruba threads within the last 48hrs yet when a Yoruba guy decided to return the favor, we are suddenly more tribalistic,bigoted and very hateful.
I refuse to insult you even though I think you deserve much worse than that. I guess you are a blind bat who only sees when yorubas decide to pay back your bitter kinsmen in their own coin, but never notice when they start the troubles. We havent forgotten how you bitter lots started nairaland tribal war, or how yorubas gave you a long rope before retaliating. You deserve every hatred thrown at you and even much worse. It is ironic that the most hateful, most bitter, most spiteful tribe is complaining about others dishing them a taste of their own poison. Such an hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Jaideyone(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
LasGidiOwner:

see him repeating the same foolishness. buy a drone and leave the hill. use a drone and capture from where you can see cocoa house and Femi Johnson. also capture other parts of the city away from the hill.

you can't capture the bad part of new york (Harlem, east newyork, Brownsville, etc) and define the whole city with the bad part alone. it's foolishness!!!

1 Like

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Oga080666419419: 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ibadan is a Slum
Yorubas are dirty

3 Likes

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by OreMI22: 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
Jaideyone:
see him repeating the same foolishness. buy a drone and leave the hill. use a drone and capture from where you can see cocoa house and Femi Johnson. also capture other parts of the city away from the hill.

you can't capture the bad part of new york (Harlem, east newyork, Brownsville, etc) and define the whole city with the bad part alone. it's foolishness!!!

Oga,
No need to buy a drone. You can see even much more on satellite than drone. Satellite technology is just one click away and there will be no need for deceitful arguments when the truth is quite obvious. You know the bitter truth about the "rusted roofs"

The place is a huge slum being hidden and labelled "Biggest city in Africa" grin grin grin grin grin grin Which city? grin grin grin
We knew it's not a city but an eyesore, lack of toilets and sanitation facilities etc, but kept quiet not to ruffle any feathers

Ibadan is the same exact Nigerian version of Kibera. Even Kibera is better planned and less a slum than Ibadan.

Yet, it is the place that insults other parts of the country as villages. So people exposed it for what it truly is.

3 Likes

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Jaideyone(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
Yyeske:
good let's pick from toll gate around BAT to moniya (not Ojo).

how long will it take you to drive from toll gate (around BAT) to moniya if there is no hold up? type distance from challenge to moniya and you will get 28km if you fly in a straight line like a bird. apata to moniya is even longer (but Ibadan actually starts just after omi adio). so how long will it take you to drive from omi adio to moniya?

omi adio to moniya is at least 80/90km drive!!! and that is how big Ibadan is.

now what about Ologuneru(on the way to Ido after Eleyele) to Adegbayi(after Alakia on the way to osun state)?

I'm only engaging because you arr more reasonable than your fellow south easterners. now try and picture those areas of the city (if you know those places) and tell me the area won't be up to 3000sqkm as reported online.

I can comfortably bring out 4 Enugu(Enugu city) which is about 600sq km) out of Ibadan!!!
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Jaideyone(m): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
OreMI22:

Oga,
No need to buy a drone. You can see even much more on satellite than drone. Satellite technology is just one click away and there will be no need for deceitful arguments when the truth is quite obvious. You know the bitter truth about the "rusted roofs"

The place is a huge slum being hidden and labelled "Biggest city in Africa" grin grin grin grin grin grin Which city? grin grin grin
We knew it's not a city but an eyesore, lack of toilets and sanitation facilities etc, but kept quiet not to ruffle any feathers

Ibadan is the same exact Nigerian version of Kibera. Even Kibera is better planned and less a slum than Ibadan.

Yet, it is the place that insults other parts of the country as villages. So people exposed it for what it truly is.

zoom into that your picture
satellite pictures with names of the different areas for verification ate all over the first and second page. knock yourself out
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Michael004: 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
Yyeske:
How is it possible to add what is not part of it to it. No part was added to Ibadan, those part are on there own. That is the fact.
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Yyeske(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
Jaideyone:
you see how dull you are? you illiterates only spread one angle as the picture of Ibadan (a 3000sq km city) and that's the angle close to the bowers tower which is the tower on the highest hill in Ibadan.
http://thenationonlineng.net/bowers-tower-and-ibadans-historic-hills/

the city started growing from around the hills over 400yrs ago when the first group of settles established Ibadan after the fall of the Oyo empire so that side of Ibadan is filled with very old buildings. some of them are as old as 100years!!!

can you show the true skyline of a 3000sq km city in just a few pictures of the ancient (400yrs old) part of the city? the answer is no.
any serious photographer who wants to show us the skyline of Ibadan will either use a drone or show us satellite pictures which are all over the thread.

the pictures of the modern side of Ibadan are all on the first and second page for you to see.

I'm emphasizing on the size to show you the foolishness of your brothers who only want to see the brown roof part of Ibadan!!!

and I still stand by my point that the modern side which is at least 2000sqkm (2/3 of the city) dwarfs the biggest city in the south east (Enugu) which is just 600sqkm!!!
The modern parts of Ibadan doesn't exceed the Oluyole, New Ife road, New Bodija and Bodija, GRA, Sango, Challenge, areas around Iwo road, Agbowo and some few other places, don't think you can teach me Ibadan because I can sell you in the real Ibadan built up areas.
4/10th of Ibadan is old and if non contiguous parts of Ibadan are included, it is up to 9/10.

1 Like

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Michael004: 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
Yyeske:
They think they can come online and deceive everybody not knowing some of us have toured the length and breath of the SW.
Most don't even know anywhere in the west aside Lagos but would come here to upload downloaded pictures
Bros you are lying. Just admit. You are lying.
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Michael004: 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2017
Yyeske:
The modern parts of Ibadan doesn't exceed the Oluyole, New Ife road, New Bodija and Bodija, GRA, Sango, Challenge, areas around Iwo road, Agbowo and some few other places, don't think you can teach me Ibadan because I can sell you in the real Ibadan built up areas.
4/10th of Ibadan is old and if non contiguous parts of Ibadan are included, it is up to 9/10.
See you. You can sell him in Ibadan. If I start mentioning portharcourt for you, you will think I know all portharcourt. Bros, stop hating, quit hating. It isn't good to your health. What can you say about awka, enugu and umuhaia. Is this not enugu below, abi na Yoruba man write am?

Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Yyeske(m): 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2017
Jaideyone:

good let's pick from toll gate around BAT to moniya (not Ojo).

how long will it take you to drive from toll gate (around BAT) to moniya if there is no hold up? type distance from challenge to moniya and you will get 28km if you fly in a straight line like a bird. apata to moniya is even longer (but Ibadan actually starts just after omi adio). so how long will it take you to drive from omi adio to moniya?

omi adio to moniya is at least 80/90km drive!!! and that is how big Ibadan is.

now what about Ologuneru(on the way to Ido after Eleyele) to Adegbayi(after Alakia on the way to osun state)?

I'm only engaging because you arr more reasonable than your fellow south easterners. now try and picture those areas of the city (if you know those places) and tell me the area won't be up to 3000sqkm as reported online.

I can comfortably bring out 4 Enugu(Enugu city) which is about 600sq km) out of Ibadan!!!
20mins max, I ply that road from Lagos on my way to Ilorin during my school days, agree with me that much of Ibadan is old
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Yyeske(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
Michael004:
How is it possible to add what is not part of it to it. No part was added to Ibadan, those part are on there own. That is the fact.
Google map can help you, the built up areas of Ibadan isn't bigger than Lagos, just that the total Ibadan landmass is usually included into the city and making it look bigger than usual because of historical connection.
I can as well say Nri is the biggest city in Nigeria since its hegemony and culture covers a large part of Anambra and Enugu States
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by Jaideyone(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
Yyeske:
it exceeds those areas by far!!! Lol

Include Apata, dugbe, mokola, old-ife road (Alakia/isebo), new Ife road, Eleyele, Jericho, Ologuneru, Olodo, akobo, bashorun, ile titun, so many more ou didn't mention.

You want to sell me in Ibadan just because you stayed a few years here? Big joke. I spent 5yrs of primary school, 6years of secondary school and I've been working in Ibadan for 5yrs since I graduated apart from the 2yrs I spent in Owerri and calabar!!! Ibadan is my home. I will burst all your lies.

The old part of Ibadan is less than 1/3
Re: Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? by OreMI22: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
Jaideyone:

zoom into that your picture
satellite pictures with names of the different areas for verification ate all over the first and second page. knock yourself out

You know your Ibadan. If i had posted anywhere else but Ibadan you would be first to say it. So stop playing games and accept the truth. You can see anywhere in the world on satellite now and Ibadan cannot continue to be hidden. There needs to be 20 years plan to de-slum Ibadan. Stop hiding the fact.

Zoom what?? Does Ibadan even have streets in 95% of it's districts?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers / Saraki’s CCT Trial Begins March 10 / Xenophobic Attacks: Why Nigeria Won't Retaliate Now - Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.