Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage (914 Views)

Lady Shows Off Her Money, Says “I Am Too Busy To Impress Haters And Fake People” / Ajah Lagos Prostitute Fights Publicly Because Her Money Was Not Complete / Man Blasted For Sharing After-Sex Photos With His Girlfriend On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by Buchi95(m): 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
HUSBAND NOT MASTER

A lady is in dilemma. Her husband to be is mandating that after their traditional marriage, she'll have to close down her bank account and use his own. She isn't permitted to have a personal or different account. And he's so bent on this, so much that he advises her to leave now if she won't submit all her money to him in marriage, and their marriage is supposed to be in two weeks time.

I read comments on the thread questioning those who asked her to leave, that she's not submissive. Some postulated that she should marry him first and talk it out in marriage.

This is very dicey.

There's a culture of talking about it in marriage rather than before marriage. This culture prevails in the African society. We manipulate people, especially ladies to get married by just any way. No consideration of future implications.

I am so much a fan of “talk about it all before marriage”. Discuss about everything that'd happen in marriage. This is the purpose of dating/courting. Talking. Asking questions. Interviewing your partner. All to know if their perspectives accommodate yours, because if you both have lots of contradictory opinions, polarisation will be close.

It's a pity that this lady didn't even discuss finance with her prospective husband till it popped up just few weeks to marriage. Everything is supposed to be settled before marriage is agreed on. You must be sure.

Now, I support she leaves the man. Even if it's a day to the marriage. Marriage is too serious to delve into it with uncertainty and conflict of interest.

Why should a man request his wife transfers all her money to him and closes down her account?
And subsequently in marriage, her income will be at his feet for determination of how it'll be expensed.

This is domestic tyranny. This is just a slave master not a husband.

What again is marriage?
Loving a woman and committing to her or controlling her?

I'm not against having a joint account. It's okay but consent must be mutual. Understanding must be established. Voluntarily not with coercion.

But a woman having to work for a month, or do whatever she does to earn a living, then at the end of it all, she submits her salary to you because you're her husband is a stupid thing to do.

No reasonable man does this.

One who works should enjoy and keep his/her money. What nonsense submission is that?

Many times when I read stories like this, I cringe. Honestly many men are grown up babies. They make me feel I'm ready for marriage than they are, even if they are older, and maybe financially ahead.

Women shine your eyes. You need husbands, not masters.

Solomon Buchi Bartholomew
Life Coach/Motivational Speaker

1 Like

Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by adontcare(f): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
Harzard marriage in d making if consummated
Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by duduade: 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
God forbid... I won't even encourage my enemy s sister to go on to marry such a fellow dude

1 Like

Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by Dvampire(m): 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
The husband to be is a wuss.
Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by IAMSASHY(f): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
undecided scam alert

1 Like

Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by iamJ(m): 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
adontcare:
Harzard marriage in d making if consummated
take it easy with the bleaching cream, its too obvious, wear a glove next time biko

1 Like

Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by doyinbaby(f): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
It is best to dump the man......
Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by Blackhawk01: 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hahahaha grin cheesy grin

Stewpid ole like him grin

I'll fling the ring at him. He's mad! undecided

Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by adontcare(f): 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
iamJ:
take it easy with the bleaching cream, its too obvious, wear a glove next time biko
Na ur body? Busy body
Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by iamJ(m): 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
adontcare:
Na ur body? Busy body
na so Micheal jackson talk, u look like him so lipsrsealed
Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by LordKO(m): 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
May thunder fire the said man. He's not only domineering but also both disingenuous and opportunistic. The lady shouldn't think twice before dumping his sorry ass. Submissiveness doesn't mean slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by adontcare(f): 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
iamJ:
na so Micheal jackson talk, u look like him so lipsrsealed
ehn, I gree. Face ur own body
Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by habsydiamond(m): 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
slave trade loading in progress...
Re: Man Who Requests His Girlfriend Transfers All Her Money To Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
Dnt transfer anything angry

Infact don't marry again angry

(1) (Reply)

Things That Girls Must Stop In 2018 / Babcock University Student Reportedly Runs Mad Following Heartbreak / Ladies, This Is The Best Way To Keep A Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.