Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab (41725 Views)

Woman & Lawyer Dad Recreate Childhood Picture With Dad After She's Called To Bar / Young Lady Celebrates Her Barrister Father After Being Called To Bar. Photos / Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by ayoxelee(m): 9:35am On Dec 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:
The guy spoilt his message by saying they are Muslims but not terrorists. Who said they are terrorists? Is he having guilty conscience?

However, I doubt that this really happened because nobody can bar a Muslim from call to bar in Buhari’s Nigeria. The Muslims are having it good under Buhari so who would dare deny that hijabi from being called to bar?

This message is a big lie!

Why are u trying to b a bigot, it happened n I knw the lady in question so get ur self some senses and think before u type anything
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Estellar: 9:36am On Dec 15, 2017
Nairalanddist:

Lies upon lies. Was Adolf Hitler a muslim? He committed the greatest mass murder in the world. Steven paddock that shot people recently in the USA was a Christian. Jesus Christ did not preach peace, Islam did. The west are only trying to dent image of Muslims.
Since Jesus Christ did not preach peace, kindly tell me what he preached

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by ayoxelee(m): 9:36am On Dec 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

The message even a ruse! Who would ban a Muslim from being called to bar under Buhari?

The Muslims are firmly in control for now so I don’t see the possibility of this happening. This is another ploy to inflame tension and sentiment amongst our Muslim population. Soon MURIC will start threatening everybody by writing meaningless articles.

All Nigerians should ignore this rubbish message meant to rile some people up.
Seriously, this guy what exactly are u hating, why don't u do ur research before coming out here to yarn rubbish
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Xyzee: 9:37am On Dec 15, 2017
post=63274039:
A Muslim lady was denied being called to the Nigerian bar for wearing a Hijab!

Here’s what fellow lawyer @savvy_ruqqy wrote;

Good morning everyone,
I want to use this medium to express my dissatisfaction with the way muslims are treated in this my profession called ‘LAW’. A sister wasn’t called to the bar because she was dressed like that (Picture above) please for God sake what is wrong with that picture? Because she was putting on a small hijab tucked into her collarette, WHY?
What has Hijab done to them?
Where is our freedom of Religion as stated in the constitution?
We need justice…For those that don’t know, Hijab is a MANDATORY part of my religion not just a piece of clothing, so if my freedom of religion is said to have been guaranteed in section 38 of the constitution of my country that is said to be supreme and have have binding force over all as seen in section 1 of this same constitution and Section 42 of this same constitution guarantees my right to freedom from discrimination, please for God sake what is this then and before you come here attack me, please read section 38 (1) and section 1 (1) first and also go ahead to read S1 (3) of this same constitution with an unbiased mind where it is said that if any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution this constitution shall prevail…B’iko what are we now talking about?
Please we want justice.
We want our hijab
we want #JusticeForFirdaus
We want to wear our hijabs for call to bar
we want to wear it in the court room.
Stop the discrimination
We are muslims not terrorists
Hijab is Mandatory
We want Justice for Firdaus

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/12/photo-muslim-lady-denied-being-called.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44

I know you are a Lawyer too.

Please, were you called to the Nigerian Bar with your hijab?

Why didn't you advise this muslim sister of yours?

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:
The guy spoilt his message by saying they are Muslims but not terrorists. Who said they are terrorists? Is he having guilty conscience?

However, I doubt that this really happened because nobody can bar a Muslim from call to bar in Buhari’s Nigeria. The Muslims are having it good under Buhari so who would dare deny that hijabi from being called to bar?

This message is a big lie!

THIS IS A BIG LIE....
ENOUGH 'HIJABED' LAWYERS CALLED TO BAR........
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Lordspenzo(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2017
angry grin grin
grin
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by owoshuyi(m): 9:39am On Dec 15, 2017
someone said 'u can't remove hijab for u to be called to bar, but u can remove hijab when u wanna have sex with a man'...lol, people funny die.
unnecessary drama she could have avoided. wisdom is profitable to direct.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Lilimax(f): 9:41am On Dec 15, 2017
nawtyme:

What changes have occurred in your life? What changes have occurred in the lives of the children roaming about in Zaria, Samaru, zuba, etc with plates under the rain and sun begging for food?
What changes have occurred in the lives of the underage girls you under the pretext of religion give out for marriage only to divorce them when they are a bit older by pronouncing Talaq 3 times?
What changes have Islam brought to the most backward region in Nigeria?
What changes have Islam brought to the families who have lost loved ones to Islamic fanatics and extremists?
What changes have Islam brought to the world at large in the last century?
Spot on bro!

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by aril: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2017
Comrademajeed:
FRIDAUSA AMASA VS NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL: Nigeria Lawyer Shares Wife’s Experiences In US Military Training School

ON HIJAB, LAW SCHOOL AND CALL TO BAR

Legend Lens
14th December, 2017

“Meanwhile sources at the ICC stated that before the ceremonies were to begin, all Muslims were respectfully asked to remove their hijabs prior to entering the hall. This request was complied with by all the Muslims present except Amasa Firdaus who vehemently refused to remove hers. In the process of her protests and despite entreaties made to her by other Muslims she was denied entry into the hall by the Body of Benchers. During the ceremony, a Respected former Chief Justice of Nigeria also met with Amasa Firdaus to convince her to remove her hijab but she did not heed the pleadings as she reiterated that even at gun point she would never remove her Hijab…” (Culled from a Nigerian Law Blog site).
-----------------------------------------------

Dear Amasa Firdaus, I want to address you. Please allow me share a brief story with you so that you may be inspired and remain resolute.

In 2015, my wife, a Soldier with the US Army, was told at the Army Annual Training at Fort Dix, New Jersey, United States �� that she either take off her Hijab or leave the Annual Training. My wife insisted that her Hijab is part of her and she will never remove it to please anyone or authority. Exactly like you reportedly insisted. Eventually, she was told to leave and she left the Annual Training. After the conclusion of the annual training, her Military unit said she cannot return….At another point, she was invited back to the drill and she went there with her Hijab � on her head. Again, she was told she cannot use her Hijab and she had to leave and she left. Away from the limelight she fought this vehemently by escalating the issue to the top echelon of the command. We prepared a memo to the authorities explaining why she should be allowed to use her Hijab �.
She was away for almost a year but eventually and in end, the Army Secretary under President Obama released a new regulation allowing the use of Hijab. It was a glorious moment. Her decision to remain undaunted paved the way for others who will come after her. Suddenly, the fight was worth it. All those period she had to cry became a thing of joy. We were elated that her resolve to remain undaunted finally paid off. Today, she proudly wears her Hijab on her uniform, attends her drill sessions and performs well. She’s a badass solider who’ll soon be commissioned as an officer and I’m so darn proud of her.
That is my message to you today Firdaus. You have a made a huge sacrifice and I cannot begin to imagine how sad you feel that the profession you so much look forward to joining has asked you to choose between your faith and your call to bar. You must be so disappointed that Nigeria let you down. I bet you also feel that your Muslim colleagues who took off their Hijabs � when ordered to do so should have stood firm and maybe when they realise that none of you is willing to break rank, they’d have allowed you all to use your Hijab. I get the feeling of sadness. But don’t be. You’re a hero.
You have once again reignited the conversation that has been on for years. You have brought our attention to the way the Nigerian Law School and Council of Legal Education who are empowered to train new lawyers show flagrant disregard to your rights under S. 38 of the constitution. Your courage and sacrifice remind me of that of my wife. You call to bar may have been delayed but in the end, Justice will prevail and it won’t be denied. Please, cheer up! The road ahead will be tough but Allah will strengthen and ease that burden for you.
To your friends and family, this is the time to rally round one of your own and give her all the support she needs. Her decision to fight this injustice is not stupid. Heroes are not always in uniform.
To my lawyer colleagues, once again, we have been called to task. How do we explain it that the Nigerian Law School & Council of Legal Education who are empowered to train new lawyers will themselves refuse to obey the judgments of the Court? Does that not worry us? As a Lawyer, I’m extremely disappointed. Several courts including the Court of Appeal in the case of Lagos State v Aisha Abdulkareem held that the use of Hijab � is a constitutional and fundamental right and no one can take it away. Also in Abidemi Rasaq & ors V. Commissioner for Health Lagos State suit no ID/424M/2004, the Lagos State High Court held that a circular issued by Lagos State School of Health Technology banning students from wearing Hijab � is unconstitutional. Similarly in the case of Provost Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin V. Basirat Saliu suit no CA/IL/49/2009, the learned Justices of the Court of Appeal held that the use of Hijab � by female Muslims qualifies as a fundamental right under Section 38 of the Constitution.
Despite all these decisions, the Nigerian Law School and by extension the Council of Legal Education continues to victimize Muslim Law Student who chose to cover their hair by threatening not to call them to Nigerian Bar. Are we really going to debate this issue from our religious googles or be objective and err on the side of common sense and humanity?
To MULAN and other Muslim Senior Lawyers and Judges, I once read that the Elders have said that they needed just one person who’s willing to face the consequences and stand her ground to wear her Hijab and they will take it up. Now Amasa Firdaus has given herself up. Will you fail her?

Nice write-up...
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Mike008(m): 9:44am On Dec 15, 2017
post=63274039:

Good morning everyone,
I want to use this medium to express my dissatisfaction with the way muslims are treated in this my profession called ‘LAW’. A sister wasn’t called to the bar because she was dressed like that (Picture above) please for God sake what is wrong with that picture? Because she was putting on a small hijab tucked into her collarette, WHY?
We need justice…For those that don’t know, Hijab is a MANDATORY part of my religion not just a piece of clothing, so if my freedom of religion is said to have been guaranteed in section 38 of the constitution of my country that is said to be supreme and have have binding force over all as seen in section 1 of this same constitution and Section 42 of this same constitution guarantees my right to freedom from discrimination, please for God sake what is this then and before you come here attack me, please read section 38 (1) and section 1 (1) first and also go ahead to read S1 (3) of this same constitution with an unbiased mind where it is said that if any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution this constitution shall prevail…B’iko what are we now talking about?
Please we want justice.
We want our hijab
Stop the discrimination
Hijab is Mandatory

cc lalasticlala mynd44

I quite don't agree. Maybe there is more we don't know.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by solreb: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2017
post=63274039:

Good morning everyone,
We need justice…For those that don’t k[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]now, Hijab is a MANDATORY part of my religion not just a piece of clothing, so if my freedom of religion is said to have been guaranteed in section 38 of the constitution of my country that is said to be supreme and have have binding force over all as seen in section 1 of this same constitution and Section 42 of this same constitution guarantees my right to freedom from discrimination, please for God sake what is this then and before you come here attack me, please read section 38 (1) and section 1 (1) first and also go ahead to read S1 (3) of this same constitution with an unbiased mind where it is said that if any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution this constitution shall prevail…B’iko what are we now talking about?
Please we want justice.
We want our hijab
Stop the discrimination
Hijab is Mandatory

cc lalasticlala mynd44

I am happy that you are a lawyer. Why wwaste your time posting here. Pls do the right thing by following it up in the legal way

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by chudidonas(m): 9:45am On Dec 15, 2017
JamesReacher:
You are ignorant on this issue saying Jesus didnt preach peace and you call yourself a muslim . Prophet Yisa didnt preach peace?? Smh Hitlers killings or steven paddock killings weren't motivated on religion. He was just a mad dog but we have Boko haram killing people reciting the scriptures. Face facts

This is true though . None of them kill reciting the Bible or killing to serve/please their Christian God. What do you say about this Muslims/nairalanddist?
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by oodua1stson: 9:46am On Dec 15, 2017
Anywhere these animals go they cause trouble. Are you idiots the only religion in this world?

Bloody nuisance terrorists

4 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by bukatyne(f): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2017
Comrademajeed:
FRIDAUSA AMASA VS NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL: Nigeria Lawyer Shares Wife’s Experiences In US Military Training School

ON HIJAB, LAW SCHOOL AND CALL TO BAR

Legend Lens
14th December, 2017

“Meanwhile sources at the ICC stated that before the ceremonies were to begin, all Muslims were respectfully asked to remove their hijabs prior to entering the hall. This request was complied with by all the Muslims present except Amasa Firdaus who vehemently refused to remove hers. In the process of her protests and despite entreaties made to her by other Muslims she was denied entry into the hall by the Body of Benchers. During the ceremony, a Respected former Chief Justice of Nigeria also met with Amasa Firdaus to convince her to remove her hijab but she did not heed the pleadings as she reiterated that even at gun point she would never remove her Hijab…” (Culled from a Nigerian Law Blog site).
-----------------------------------------------

Dear Amasa Firdaus, I want to address you. Please allow me share a brief story with you so that you may be inspired and remain resolute.

In 2015, my wife, a Soldier with the US Army, was told at the Army Annual Training at Fort Dix, New Jersey, United States �� that she either take off her Hijab or leave the Annual Training. My wife insisted that her Hijab is part of her and she will never remove it to please anyone or authority. Exactly like you reportedly insisted. Eventually, she was told to leave and she left the Annual Training. After the conclusion of the annual training, her Military unit said she cannot return….At another point, she was invited back to the drill and she went there with her Hijab � on her head. Again, she was told she cannot use her Hijab and she had to leave and she left. Away from the limelight she fought this vehemently by escalating the issue to the top echelon of the command. We prepared a memo to the authorities explaining why she should be allowed to use her Hijab �.
She was away for almost a year but eventually and in end, the Army Secretary under President Obama released a new regulation allowing the use of Hijab. It was a glorious moment. Her decision to remain undaunted paved the way for others who will come after her. Suddenly, the fight was worth it. All those period she had to cry became a thing of joy. We were elated that her resolve to remain undaunted finally paid off. Today, she proudly wears her Hijab on her uniform, attends her drill sessions and performs well. She’s a badass solider who’ll soon be commissioned as an officer and I’m so darn proud of her.
That is my message to you today Firdaus. You have a made a huge sacrifice and I cannot begin to imagine how sad you feel that the profession you so much look forward to joining has asked you to choose between your faith and your call to bar. You must be so disappointed that Nigeria let you down. I bet you also feel that your Muslim colleagues who took off their Hijabs � when ordered to do so should have stood firm and maybe when they realise that none of you is willing to break rank, they’d have allowed you all to use your Hijab. I get the feeling of sadness. But don’t be. You’re a hero.
You have once again reignited the conversation that has been on for years. You have brought our attention to the way the Nigerian Law School and Council of Legal Education who are empowered to train new lawyers show flagrant disregard to your rights under S. 38 of the constitution. Your courage and sacrifice remind me of that of my wife. You call to bar may have been delayed but in the end, Justice will prevail and it won’t be denied. Please, cheer up! The road ahead will be tough but Allah will strengthen and ease that burden for you.
To your friends and family, this is the time to rally round one of your own and give her all the support she needs. Her decision to fight this injustice is not stupid. Heroes are not always in uniform.
To my lawyer colleagues, once again, we have been called to task. How do we explain it that the Nigerian Law School & Council of Legal Education who are empowered to train new lawyers will themselves refuse to obey the judgments of the Court? Does that not worry us? As a Lawyer, I’m extremely disappointed. Several courts including the Court of Appeal in the case of Lagos State v Aisha Abdulkareem held that the use of Hijab � is a constitutional and fundamental right and no one can take it away. Also in Abidemi Rasaq & ors V. Commissioner for Health Lagos State suit no ID/424M/2004, the Lagos State High Court held that a circular issued by Lagos State School of Health Technology banning students from wearing Hijab � is unconstitutional. Similarly in the case of Provost Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin V. Basirat Saliu suit no CA/IL/49/2009, the learned Justices of the Court of Appeal held that the use of Hijab � by female Muslims qualifies as a fundamental right under Section 38 of the Constitution.
Despite all these decisions, the Nigerian Law School and by extension the Council of Legal Education continues to victimize Muslim Law Student who chose to cover their hair by threatening not to call them to Nigerian Bar. Are we really going to debate this issue from our religious googles or be objective and err on the side of common sense and humanity?
To MULAN and other Muslim Senior Lawyers and Judges, I once read that the Elders have said that they needed just one person who’s willing to face the consequences and stand her ground to wear her Hijab and they will take it up. Now Amasa Firdaus has given herself up. Will you fail her?

What is it with some Muslims' continous disregard for rules?

Christians don't go about doing something contrary to Christianity and expect the laws to be bent or broken; they abstain.

Why can't you Muslims do same? If the dress code of law is against your religion, why don't you leave it? Why do you want to continually eat your cake and have it?

5 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Lordspenzo(m): 9:55am On Dec 15, 2017
Diamondamsel:
When I was in nursing school. A catholic sister joined us and without any struggle or stress, without writing any letter, without holding any meetings with the school management, she was allowed to be using the sister cape. But we Muslims held series of meetings, countless letters, struggles and stress before we were allowed to be using one small tucked in cape after like 20 years. You guys are just being hypocritical. Is it not high time you guys should know that hijab is part of us. You guys think it's fun insulting Muslims which it's not at all. A catholic sister uses cape, it's not a big deal, a Muslim covers herself, the whole world will start shouting. Just because some people are being sponsored politically to be killing people in the guise of religion. May God save us
This is what worries me, some muslims no matter their level of education thinks boko haram and other terrorist activities are politically sponsored, they don't see anything wrong with their religion of peace..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

The message even a ruse! Who would ban a Muslim from being called to bar under Buhari?

The Muslims are firmly in control for now so I don’t see the possibility of this happening. This is another ploy to inflame tension and sentiment amongst our Muslim population. Soon MURIC will start threatening everybody by writing meaningless articles.

All Nigerians should ignore this rubbish message meant to rile some people up.
I agree i find this hard to believe.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 15, 2017
Yhu mean,they told her to take off her hijab??
And she said "girl's not hot"

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by ivolt: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2017
A dull girl who couldn't pass her exam is now blaming hijab.
Always playing victim.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Abbeyme: 10:01am On Dec 15, 2017
There is a strict and universal dress code in the law profession.

This is natural law not Sharia Court.

Dress as u like in a Sharia Court. Shikena

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by toye440: 10:02am On Dec 15, 2017
i uploaded it yesterday but dey wont let it sail through, now am surprised to see it here. Anyway my candid opinion is this ppl needs to realise Nigeria is a secular state not Islamic. It stated many yrs back a nurse used d hijab as part of uniform and d director querried her he almost lost his job for doing d right thing. Untill we separate religion from state affairs we r going no where, if want to dress like that go to libya an Arab country dat gives no dhit abt u bin a JIHADIST all they see is a black slave.
Nigeria is a divided country already u can differentiate a Muslim from others even our children know dis wen from their uniform u know who to favor, they even crossed d boundaries in osun as far as trying to impose HIJAB on Missionary schools.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by enemyofprogress: 10:08am On Dec 15, 2017
Muslims just like doing rubbish and causing problems wherever they find themselves all in the name of their religion of war

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2017
opera1:
It's well known & Stated b4 u entered into the ECOWAS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTER ABUJA dat Hijab is not allowed or permitted by either guest or the Inductee purposely because All the Bombing in diz country are being carried out by the Hijabian pple.

It's not a discrimination but laid down rules
If they are not allowed to wear hijab can they not just use headtie or do they go without headcover.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by enemyofprogress: 10:12am On Dec 15, 2017
Diamondamsel:
When I was in nursing school. A catholic sister joined us and without any struggle or stress, without writing any letter, without holding any meetings with the school management, she was allowed to be using the sister cape. But we Muslims held series of meetings, countless letters, struggles and stress before we were allowed to be using one small tucked in cape after like 20 years. You guys are just being hypocritical. Is it not high time you guys should know that hijab is part of us. You guys think it's fun insulting Muslims which it's not at all. A catholic sister uses cape, it's not a big deal, a Muslim covers herself, the whole world will start shouting. Just because some people are being sponsored politically to be killing people in the guise of religion. May God save us
the fokn hijab that you people use to commit atrocities grin grin

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by seuncyrus(m): 10:17am On Dec 15, 2017
Nairalanddist:

Islam is the most peaceful religion on earth. Forget western propaganda against Muslims

Lol smiley

Just like I keep telling those that care to listen , no one hates your religion believe me.

But there's a saying " action proves who someone is , words just pretend who they want to be"

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by ajufoalex2(m): 10:23am On Dec 15, 2017
Well there are rules and code of Conduct in every profession , she was told to remove the hijab before entering the said venue and she vehemently refused and she faced the consequence for crying out loud let's stop all this allegation of her being treated like that becos she's a Muslim, she studied law for heaven's sake and she should know the law beta , she erred and she got served ..... I know of a priest who joined the military he didn't appeared in a cassock or chasuble when he's to be commissioned ..

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by lookingfly: 10:30am On Dec 15, 2017
If hijab is mandatory, let your religion call you to bar then........these idiots will never grow sense.what will it cost you to remove that small hijab for an hour, take your oat and wear the hijab for the rest of your life but you've decided to act stupid and now you're complaining. Serves you right! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:33am On Dec 15, 2017
opera1:
It's well known & Stated b4 u entered into the ECOWAS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTER ABUJA dat Hijab is not allowed or permitted by either guest or the Inductee purposely because All the Bombing in diz country are being carried out by the Hijabian pple.

It's not a discrimination but laid down rules
If hijab is not allowed,do they allow them use headtie or they go without headcover.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2017
Hijab is not compulsory not all Muslims wear hijab.Some use a headcover not an hijab.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 15, 2017
Lawyers have their dressing code and if she as a lawyer can't even obey the rules how will she uphold justice in the society

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 15, 2017
Settingz321:
For God sake this is a a profession with ethics, y bringing religion to this........ Dry practice for house then if u can't let go ur hijab
this is an ifa worshipper should he be allowed to wear his ifa hijab to be called to the bar? Only making common sense.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Reggie2(m): 10:45am On Dec 15, 2017
IT IS A STRATEGY. SOON SHE WILL BE MADE THE MINISTER OF JUSTICE AND HER 'DOUBLE FIRST CLASS' COLLEAGUE WILL BE MADE TO WORK UNDER HER! MARK MY WORD, THIS IS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Diamondamsel(f): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2017
enemyofprogress:
the fokn hijab that you people use to commit atrocities grin grin
Atrocities like....? I don't know your qualms, it's just an headcover, a piece of clothing. Anyone who wants to could have use any piece of clothing, but so you can have something to insult, they use hijab.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots / 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / Professional American Funeral Crier/mourner Lists His Crying Charges On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.