Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab (41723 Views)

Woman & Lawyer Dad Recreate Childhood Picture With Dad After She's Called To Bar / Young Lady Celebrates Her Barrister Father After Being Called To Bar. Photos / Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by JuanDeDios: 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:
The guy spoilt his message by saying they are Muslims but not terrorists. Who said they are terrorists? Is he having guilty conscience?

However, I doubt that this really happened because nobody can bar a Muslim from call to bar in Buhari’s Nigeria. The Muslims are having it good under Buhari so who would dare deny that hijabi from being called to bar?

This message is a big lie!
My thoughts too.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Highex: 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
A lot of obvious sentimental and hypocritical comments from both religious parties.

The primary reason for a uniform is to avoid what Firdaus just did!

Secondary reason is for due process and human safety in the cause of disbursing your professional duty. Examples:

1. Camouflage uniform for army in warfront for STEALTHY

2. Overall and hardhat for engineer on site and workshop for SAFETY.

3. Uniform dressing for lawyer for NEUTRALITY
etc.

Firdaus should never be allowed to practice. She fails to understand fundamentals and let religion cloud her thinking.

Africans are still slave.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Temidayo9(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2017
Jelal0007:
what sanity is there? Why are Nigerian lawyers still wearing wigs sef? Is that what's obtainable in the developed world? Do u know in the developed world, muslim women can wear hijabs even in the police service and the military? What archaic rules are those denying someone from exercising her fundamental human rights? Nas o naija lawyers and yet,there's so much corruption in the country.
SMH for you. Even Hijab has nothing to do with bn Holy in Islam. Religion is personal and stop displaying ignorance in the name of fundamental human right.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Jelal0007(m): 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2017
Temidayo9:

SMH for you. Even Hijab has nothing to do with bn Holy in Islam. Religion is personal and stop displaying ignorance in the name of fundamental human right.
Look at this eitome of ignorance calling me ignorant. U're as dumb as the comment u made. Ur comment shows how clueless u are about islam. Who said anything about being holy? It has to do with a woman's identity in islam u m0r0n.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Jelal0007(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
Deicide:
slowpoke am not a xtian tongue
Dumb f00l,who said anything about u being a xtian? Dumm¥
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Icon79(m): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
Hijab is not a required attire for muslim women. It's totally optional, so if she choses to wear hijab in her professional setting instead of gown and wig then they should let her wear hijab and forget about practicing law. Nonsense angry

O pari
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Temidayo9(m): 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2017
Jelal0007:
Look at this eitome of ignorance calling me ignorant. U're as dumb as the comment u made. Ur comment shows how clueless u are about islam. Who said anything about being holy? It has to do with a woman's identity in islam u m0r0n.
Bad identity or what. What Islam stand for has nothing to be with your said identity. Anything out of being Holly, is no more religion.
Besides no one stop you from turning yourself into masquerade, its your choice, but stop displaying your stupidity outside in the name Hijab.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Jelal0007(m): 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
Temidayo9:

Bad identity or what. What Islam stand for has nothing to be with your said identity. Anything out of being Holly, is no more religion.
Besides no one stop you from turning yourself into masquerade, its your choice, but stop displaying your stupidity outside in the name Hijab.
Dumb !d!0t,read ur comment and see how sill¥ u sound. U're a total waste of ones precious time. M0R0N
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Temidayo9(m): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
Jelal0007:
Dumb !d!0t,read ur comment and see how sill¥ u sound. U're a total waste of ones precious time. M0R0N
See who is defending religion, raining abuse on fellow human, just because I didn't agree to your view. May God forgive you
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Jelal0007(m): 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
Temidayo9:

See who is defending religion, raining abuse on fellow human, just because I didn't agree to your view. May God forgive you
May God grant you wisdom to understand simple issues. U seem to have comprehension challenges,who's defending religion here? Anyway,keep talking. Maybe someday u'll say something sensible.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Cajayi(m): 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
Temidayo9:
I think it all about sanity in the law profession....
There re lay down rules on dress code.
With the dress code I don't think she needs to wear hijab.. she already bastadized the dress code.... since her face is shown what else does the hijab do? well I am a christian I think this is just overated excesses
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Lordspenzo(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
Diamondamsel:

Yes I'd say that over n over again. My religion never preaches that. Or have you ever heard of such in the southwest. The way you guys relate with what you hate baffles me. You did not see anything wrong in Israeli bombing Palestinians, America bombing Iraq and so on. If boko haram are killing, they are on there own. If it's right to kill unlawfully, then all Muslims will be on a killing spree.
You will agree with me that the yorubas are highly liberal and extremely civilized,these tend to make the Yoruba muslims more reasonable, and tolerant..they are not fanatics and unreasonable like the hausas up north..and that's why the hausas don't see them as real muslims..
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by yinkarh187(m): 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
Settingz321:
For God sake this is a a profession with ethics, y bringing religion to this........ Dry practice for house then if u can't let go ur hijab
in usa all inmates are expected to cut there hair on the 1st day. Exception is made for Rastafarians cos it's part of their religion to have dreadlocks. Get ur facts right, The first ammendment right in usa is the right to religion and i don't think any ethic or code of conduct can ever supercede that. Same thing applies to Nigeria also.
PS if you want to reply me Pls no insult, let's have a mature convo
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by HughJazz(m): 4:33am On Dec 16, 2017
Adolf Hitler is not a prophet . i don't see anyone worshiping adolf hitler. you effing idiot
Nairalanddist:

Lies upon lies. Was Adolf Hitler a muslim? He committed the greatest mass murder in the world. Steven paddock that shot people recently in the USA was a Christian. Jesus Christ did not preach peace, Islam did. The west are only trying to dent image of Muslims.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by HughJazz(m): 4:35am On Dec 16, 2017
what peace did islam preached? tell me . you muslims are scum of the earth you like lying through your teeth . if i had power i'll round up every single of them and ban islam. it's a dangerous religion that must be stopped! i'm not a christian.
Nairalanddist:

Lies upon lies. Was Adolf Hitler a muslim? He committed the greatest mass murder in the world. Steven paddock that shot people recently in the USA was a Christian. Jesus Christ did not preach peace, Islam did. The west are only trying to dent image of Muslims.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Diamondamsel(f): 7:54am On Dec 16, 2017
Lordspenzo:

You will agree with me that the yorubas are highly liberal and extremely civilized,these tend to make the Yoruba muslims more reasonable, and tolerant..they are not fanatics and unreasonable like the hausas up north..and that's why the hausas don't see them as real muslims..
Well, it's not the hausa that will tell me whether I'm a real Muslim or not. Just like no one can tell u whether you are a real Christian or not. Now, you'd agree with me that Islam is not d problem but those practicing it. I swear to God, all their actions are grievous sins which each and everyone of them will suffer for on the day of judgements. God is very capable of defending himself, no one is needed to kill for Him, I mean God doesn't eat human, or drink blood. Why would He order them to kill..
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Lordspenzo(m): 8:10am On Dec 16, 2017
Diamondamsel:

Well, it's not the hausa that will tell me whether I'm a real Muslim or not. Just like no one can tell u whether you are a real Christian or not. Now, you'd agree with me that Islam is not d problem but those practicing it. I swear to God, all their actions are grievous sins which each and everyone of them will suffer for on the day of judgements. God is very capable of defending himself, no one is needed to kill for Him, I mean God doesn't eat human, or drink blood. Why would He order them to kill..
Live and let live! Peace
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by OyiboOyibo(m): 1:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
Law has ethnics n if u can't abide by it then Bleep off....She is mentally mad
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by zoedew: 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
On The Hijab At The Nigerian Bar.
By the admission of the subject Law graduate involved the act is premeditated.
It is more honourable to ask the COLEG beforehand to vary the Regulation dress rules in a manner that will allow for the use of the hijab. The input of all stakeholders would have been had and less tension generated. Lawyers follows rules and procedures guided by judicial precedents.
To apply to be called by subscribing her names to the necessary documents certifying her to be a fit and proper person to be called to the Nigerian Bar and then eat the 3 nos. mandatory Dinners properly dressed only to do a volte -face at the Call To Bar ceremonies insisting on wearing the hijab would appear ignoble, unprofessional and most unbecoming of an aspiring member of our noble profession where honour and integrity is sine qua non.
It is better in my view to see the matter as not religious but quasi-religious for obvious reasons. To say it is a religious matter and imports a denial of her fundamental rights to freedom of worship posits the divisive and leaves other Nigerians with the impression that this is all about taqqiya and that Islam takes no prisoners. That, if correct, will be a tall order and leave Nigeria in ruins. We have to live and let live. This is about being honourable and ethical and it is better left at that.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Lololol(m): 1:46am On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author= post=63274039]A Muslim lady was denied being called to the Nigerian bar for wearing a Hijab!

Here’s what fellow lawyer @savvy_ruqqy wrote;

Good morning everyone,
I want to use this medium to express my dissatisfaction with the way muslims are treated in this my profession called ‘LAW’. A sister wasn’t called to the bar because she was dressed like that (Picture above) please for God sake what is wrong with that picture? Because she was putting on a small hijab tucked into her collarette, WHY?
What has Hijab done to them?
Where is our freedom of Religion as stated in the constitution?
We need justice…For those that don’t know, Hijab is a MANDATORY part of my religion not just a piece of clothing, so if my freedom of religion is said to have been guaranteed in section 38 of the constitution of my country that is said to be supreme and have have binding force over all as seen in section 1 of this same constitution and Section 42 of this same constitution guarantees my right to freedom from discrimination, please for God sake what is this then and before you come here attack me, please read section 38 (1) and section 1 (1) first and also go ahead to read S1 (3) of this same constitution with an unbiased mind where it is said that if any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution this constitution shall prevail…B’iko what are we now talking about?
Please we want justice.
We want our hijab
we want #JusticeForFirdaus
We want to wear our hijabs for call to bar
we want to wear it in the court room.
Stop the discrimination
We are muslims not terrorists
Hijab is Mandatory
We want Justice for Firdaus

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/12/photo-muslim-lady-denied-being-called.html

This is what I call cry me a river! Truth be told, if it were another religion or tribe that tries to go contrary to the dress code, this same Muslim will call for the head of such individual on a spike. For those that carry religion on their head whether christians or muslims, your religion won't save you on the last day if you don't practise love. Love your neighbour as thy self. This is the only religion I know.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Lololol(m): 1:51am On Dec 18, 2017
Love thy neighbour as thy self. But some religion won't get this. Is not by how many infidels you've killed. By now we should be able to discern common sense from crude teaching given by those who have nothing but hate for their fellow man
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by idfranco43(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots / 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.