Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2069585 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 4:35am On Jun 25, 2018
This one has the federal republic of Nigeria in his staff

just last week the Sultan of Sokoto came to commission the traditional rulers house in Rivers state LOL. Aren't Kings supposed to be equals? These people have a very low opinion of their own Igbo culture.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 4:57am On Jun 25, 2018
iLoveAnambra:
wow i love this

for Ogidi urban includes Building material,Express
,Building materials road,Court roads and estates roads

while from Nkpor to Ugwunwasike includes Frm Iyi Enu,secretariat road,Old road to roundabout

pls tel ur brothers

if we see Any Okada
we go kill dem
because dey use to rob people via Building materials road

Okada is allowed in Ogidi Rural

but parts of Ogidi that is nt included is urbanising and looks more developed and beautiful than some of this place listed

wel this is comendable

Obiano my Man
It will be extended to every part of Ogidi in the second phase that will also include Nnewi, Ekwulobia and Ihiala. We must never forget that to make Anambra the dubai of Nigeria, hard decisions must be made, one of which is this okada ban that will help to drastically reduce the wawa and abakaliki population in Anambra state. Those filth must be swept away by any means possible.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by marshman293: 6:23am On Jun 25, 2018
so u call your fellow Igbo brothers filth.I pity the Igbo tribe .we are the most disunited tribe in this world.Very shameful.Tomorrow some fanatics will be shouting Biafra

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 7:18am On Jun 25, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

So because we kicked your ass you want to vent your frustration on Ndi abakaliki?
On a serious note, I am not questioning anambra's right to change street names in their state. All I am saying is that if we follow their argument for the change then a lot streets will have to be changed

We re not venting any anger on anybody but we have been wronged more than anybody in Igboland and we are most insulted for being civil.
A friend was denied admission in EBSU just because obu onye agba enu. You denied us admission, you stopped us from entry into our property in your land but we just renamed a minor street in our land you started displaying your inferiority complex.

Nobody has defended Ndigbo here more than few of us but some disgruntled elements induced by inferiority complex are making our effort to bear no fruit.

No town in Igboland don't have a street name after her in Anambra state especially in Fegge, Awada and Nkpor.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 7:30am On Jun 25, 2018
sassysure:

U know it my brother!
An average northerners eats suya and that's that.
We boast their cow biz so well that they are everywhere in the south.
We are not smart at all.
Can u guys help create the awareness?
When u go to an eatery, please insist on fish and any other meat aside beef.
In ur house, tell madam to buy chicken. There are many ways to prepare chicken. Chicken breast is the best meat for children too.
Pls, umunna, we don't have any other home.

We dont need to rush but the awareness should be made. Now no trailer load of cucumber and watermelon come to Igboland anymore. Ten ears ago nobody thought it would be possible, some said Onions, cucumber, watermelon can't grow in Igboland but today what is happening.

If Enugu and Abia will invest in agriculture, let's say each having 4 big poultry farms, then we add it with the ones in Anambra state we will be getting like 15 poultry farms in SE. Apart from Phinomar I don't know any other large poultry in Enugu, there is one opened recently but I have forgotten its name.

By time we will saturate SE with chicken, drive down the prices some people will key into cattle raching like this man from umuahia is doing at Pilgrims Ranch. We need to promote that type of farming in Igboland. If each state in Igboland can have such farm like 6 each we will be very close in solving our meat needs internally.

Igbo society is built to be self sufficient. Let's promote cattle husbandry by Igbos for Igbos and in Igboland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 10:28am On Jun 25, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

This proves how fake the eze custom is in Igbo land lol. A whole Eze wearing a Napoleon costume with a germanic cross on his head.

The only Ezes i truly have respect for and see as genuine are Eze Nri, Obi of Onitsha and maybe one or two others!

Nowadays, every fake arsse autonomous community has a Eze or Obi! These autonomous communities are created just so some greedy group of people can form chief and enjoy all the filthy lucre they expect will come with such a recognition! Benefits include getting paid to endorse a governor or president for a second term, together with receiving keys to a brand new jeep from the desperate governor! grin

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 10:37am On Jun 25, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
No offense Xander85, but outside of the Ojukwu picture, all I see is subjugation

Bros, as bad and distasteful as it may sound, subjugation is part of our unfolding story! Maybe reminding ourselves about it would help us prevent it from happening again. smiley
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Dremca(m): 11:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Please post more pictures of onitsa gra with its amenities and structures located there.
ANSMEDIA:
MSBM UK, South-East Lecture Delivery Centre. 6 Niger Drive, GRA, Onitsha Anambra State
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by veecovee: 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
*WISE WORDS FROM A GREAT THINKER AND OBSERVER!!*

Buffalos kill 7 people every year.
Lions kill 500 people every year.
Hippos kill 800 people every year.
Spiders kill 5000 people every year.
Scorpions kill 7000 people every year.
Snakes kill 10000 people every year.
*And then, surprisingly,* ...

www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-daily-messages/14#68801077

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
Dremca:
Please post more pictures of onitsa gra with its amenities and structures located there.

I'd also like to see a comprehensive collage of different pics of Onitsha GRA. What we have now is some pics of its skyline taken from afar, so it's difficult to see what's on ground...what's been done and what's lacking.

The idea most of us have of a GRA (like the ones in Enugu and the old GRA in Port Harcourt) is leafy/tree-lined quiet streets, with old colonial houses full of character and history......as well as new-build mansions, all set in well-spaced compounds with boys quarters at the back. The roads are normally pot-hole free/smooth and adorned with street lights on either side. Abi na lie i talk?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
Truth is that Abakaliki people NOT EBONYI have always HATED Anambra people. (I said Abakaliki NOT EBONYI, because AFIKPO people are decent people).

Abakaliki people have always been hostile to any agba-enu person in their area. Yet they have filled Nnewi and Onitsha to the brim.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 1:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
Xander85:

Bros, as bad and distasteful as it may sound, subjugation is part of our unfolding story! Maybe reminding ourselves about it would help us prevent it from happening again. smiley

I understand that
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 3:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
OreMI22:

Truth is that Abakaliki people NOT EBONYI have always HATED Anambra people. (I said Abakaliki NOT EBONYI, because AFIKPO people are decent people).

Abakaliki people have always been hostile to any agba-enu person in their area. Yet they have filled Nnewi and Onitsha to the brim.

Yes, I'm sorry for the generalization, I don't know why everybody keep calling us all the time. Pita Obi protested when pilgrim board was not using AIIA to airlift pilgrims which they started using, Enugu governor was there but could not protest but just for Anambra to included in oil producing state Ayaogu Eze and Co crawled out of their shells and stopped it in the senate. Everybody knows how Stella fought for AIIA and the price she paid for it, they won't talk It.
Pita is going around Igboland donating money and books to both government and mission schools, nobody will talk it.

After the creation of Anambra state the only thing we got was Premier Breweries and Main Market but every institution bot academic, recreation, business went to Enugu, it never stopped there our asses were kicked out too from government ministries and departments . Jim Nwobodo hated agba-enu people so much that he only planted flower at Zik Round about but concentrated development in Enugu urban. Anambra state benefited nothing, nothing whatsoever.
They keep calling us ndi ogwu ego, yet I'm yet to see an Anambra person frowning at the tag, they keep repeating the profiling every day but we live like nothing happen

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
Anambra State Government has inaugurated a six-member Road Design Team for the State.

The Committee was inaugurated yesterday at the Governor's lodge, Amawbia by Governor Willie Obiano.

The Team has the Commissioner for Road Infrastructure, Furniture and Maintenance, Engineer Marcel Ifejiofor as its Leader and Engineer Emeka Okoye as Secretary. Other members of the team include Dr Nkechi Obiekezie, representatives of two top road consultants for the State government and the Director-general, PPMO.
The team which is an ad-hoc committee of the State Executive Council, has tops among its terms of reference, to define minimum standards for roads and bridges design and construction in the State, to advise government on cost effective ways of road and bridge construction using modern technology, to evaluate designs done by consultants and ensure conformity with standards among others.

Inaugurating the committee, Governor Obiano said the members were carefully selected because of their experience and knowledge in road construction and said government expects to see a difference in the way road construction is done in the State.

He urged them to periodically review the set minimum standards for road and bridge designs to match improvements in global standards and practices.

He charged the committee to ensure that they file in their submission within five weeks and that the recommendations they make help the state to keep pace with best practices in the construction subsector.

Responding, the Leader of the Team, Engineer Ifejiofor thanked the Governor for appointing them to serve the state and assured that they will deliver on their mandate.

He identified poor discharge of water from drainages during construction as a major cause of the erosion challenges ravaging the State and said they will critically look into the issue to find a lasting solution to it in the construction projects of the State government

http://www.absradiotv.com/11978-anambra-govt-inaugurates-road-design-team#.WzG8TBKr08o.facebook

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
An 8-member Power Sector Development Committee has been re-inaugurated by Governor Willie Obiano.

The Committee has Engr Chike Okonkwo as its Chairman and Mr Patrick Okigbo as Secretary while other members include the Commissioner for Power and Domestic Water Development and Mr Obi Nwankwo and Engr Alex Amakom.

Others are Barr Uche Ebo, Chief George Chiatula and Engr Nwanne Anigbogu.

The Committee was among other things mandated to develop a Power Masterplan and Implementation framework for the State including devising sustenable ways to power the streetlights in the State, to ensure proper implementation of policies of the State government for the power sector and to promote the indigenization of knowledge, expertise and technology in the State power sector.

The Committee is also expected to facilitate the attraction of foreign direct investment to develop the power sector, to advise government on renewable energy alternatives to explore and to advise the state government on overall best practices to adopt with respect to development, production and distribution of power.

Inaugurating the Committee, Governor Obiano said the need to reinaugurate the committee arose because of the specific objectives which government aims to achieve in the next one year notable of which is to provide captive power for industrial clusters in Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi and Ekwulobia.

Governor Obiano Who noted that a lot can be achieved if the state's power sector is viable, said the Committee must develop new creative avenues to finance power investments through active private sector participation as well as explore the potentials in gas deposits in the state so as to drive economic growth in the State.

He directed that the Committee update his government on their activities on monthly basis, assuring that his government will avail them every support they require to succeed.

The Chairman of the Committee, Engr Okonkwo while promising that the committee will work in line with its terms of reference to enhance sustainable development in the state power sector, commended Governor Obiano for constituting a team of experts to handle the onerous task

https://www.anambrastateblog.com.ng/2018/06/governor-obiano-inaugurates-power.html

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
DawatNama:

Yes, I'm sorry for the generalization, I don't know why everybody keep calling us all the time. Pita Obi protested when pilgrim board was not using AIIA to airlift pilgrims which they started using, Enugu governor was there but could not protest but just for Anambra to included in oil producing state Ayaogu Eze and Co crawled out of their shells and stopped it in the senate. Everybody knows how Stella fought for AIIA and the price she paid for it, they won't talk It.
Pita is going around Igboland donating money and books to both government and mission schools, nobody will talk it.

After the creation of Anambra state the only thing we got was Premier Breweries and Main Market but every institution bot academic, recreation, business went to Enugu, it never stopped there our asses were kicked out too from government ministries and departments . Jim Nwobodo hated agba-enu people so much that he only planted flower at Zik Round about but concentrated development in Enugu urban. Anambra state benefited nothing, nothing whatsoever.
They keep calling us ndi ogwu ego, yet I'm yet to see an Anambra person frowning at the tag, they keep repeating the profiling every day but we live like nothing happen

Truth is that our Igbo brothers in Enugu and to a good extent Ebonyi treated us very badly after states creation. But we must forgive all that to move forward as Ndigbo.

Also the complete lack of responsible government in Anambra compounded the problem of development. Thank God for Peter Obi and Obiano who finally took charge to make Anambra have some order and development.

For a long time, Anambra was the ONLY Igbostate without a state university or teaching hospital. Without a viable state capital or other vital governmental institutions. Without security and where people built all sorts of illegal structures everywhere and there was no responsible government that even cared. I am happy all that has changed now. Anambra is also the ONLY southeast and Southsouth state where Okada operate in the state capital and major cities. Of course that will also change soon. We also need to forgive what other did and some are still doing.

I like how a major street in Awka was renamed Abakaliki street to placate Ebonyi people living in Anambra. We always balance our interest not to jeopardize the interest of Igbo nation. Our brothers in Enugu and Ebonyi don't seem to care about this at all when they act. One hopes that when issues concerning Ndi Anambra arise in their state, they will reciprocate with good behavior.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Anambra Targets Improved Power Supply, Inaugurates Committee.

In another move to improve power supply in the State, the governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has set up the Power sector Development Committee.

Inaugurating the committee at the Governors Lodge Amawbia,Governor Obiano charged the members to liaise with relevant agencies and persons in the power sector, to ensure enhanced power supply to persons and industries in the state.

Obiano further urged the committee to explore better ways of generating electricity through renewable energy, and exploit opportunities from the state's huge gas reserves.The committee has a two year mandate to complete this task, and may be expanded in the course of time.

This is great.

Anambra should have private individuals invest in small 1 mega watt power plans to supply specific neghborhoods. For instance one person can have a power plant that supplies just GRA Onitsha or Awka, another person has power plant to supply parts of Awada and Ime Obosi, another for Omagba or Woliwo, another for Enu-Onitsha and fegge etc.

In this way, gradually, enough power will be generated to cover all the neighborhoods and industrial areas. The same principle should also be used for water supply. Build small neighborhood water supply systems with big overhead tanks and boreholes to pump water into the tanks. Then pipe the water to people in each neighborhood and collect a stipend monthly as water levy to maintain the system and pay staff.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
OreMI22:

Truth is that our Igbo brothers in Enugu and to a good extent Ebonyi treated us very badly after states creation. But we must forgive all that to move forward as Ndigbo.

Also the complete lack of responsible government in Anambra compounded the problem of development. Thank God for Peter Obi and Obiano who finally took charge to make Anambra have some order and development.

For a long time, Anambra was the ONLY Igbostate without a state university or teaching hospital. Without a viable state capital or other vital governmental institutions. Without security and where people built all sorts of illegal structures everywhere and there was no responsible government that even cared. I am happy all that has changed now. Anambra is also the ONLY southeast and Southsouth state where Okada operate in the state capital and major cities. Of course that will also change soon. We also need to forgive what other did and some are still doing.

I like how a major street in Awka was renamed Abakaliki street to placate Ebonyi people living in Anambra. We always balance our interest not to jeopardize the interest of Igbo nation. Our brothers in Enugu and Ebonyi don't seem to care about this at all when they act. One hopes that when issues concerning Ndi Anambra arise in their state, they will reciprocate with good behavior.

Thanks so much, I was ashamed of being onye Anambra when I went to Enugu during the PDP rule and frequent change of government. Nobody felt for us in my brother's lodge at Obiagu. We were cajoled in different ways of Ndi Ogwu Ego, Ndi Agaba-enu. One woman asking my brother what he is finding at ESUT why his Anambra people love main market pass education. The disgusting and humiliating words from these people were sickening. Then come to Nigige, Uba and Okija Shrine... I wept for Anambra State. So it go to a moment I developed thick skin though I have left Enugu to Oka cus I didn't get admission there but I still visit my elder brother. This is the darkest period in the annals of history of Anambra state, we were made the laughing stock of not just SE but nationwide. Even Our igbo brothers living in Anambra were making mockery of us.

Nobody will tell you that Ogbo Ogwu Headbridge is 70% Orlu and Ihioma dominated, both the business and the politics, they elect and rotate chairmans among themselves but you can't see any Anambra talking it.

I will never be caught insulting on diiick measuring with any sister state but I will always state the facts correctly, we bear no grudge.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Aromi: 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
DawatNama:

Thanks so much, I was ashamed of being onye Anambra when I went to Enugu during the PDP rule and frequent change of government. Nobody felt for us in my brother's lodge at Obiagu. We were cajoled in different ways of Ndi Ogwu Ego, Ndi Agaba-enu. One woman asking my brother what he is finding at ESUT why his Anambra people love main market pass education. The disgusting and humiliating words from these people were sickening. Then come to Nigige, Uba and Okija Shrine... I wept for Anambra State. So it go to a moment I developed thick skin though I have left Enugu to Oka cus I didn't get admission there but I still visit my elder brother. This is the darkest period in the annals of history of Anambra state, we were made the laughing stock of not just SE but nationwide. Even Our igbo brothers living in Anambra were making mockery of us.

Nobody will tell you that Ogbo Ogwu Headbridge is 70% Orlu and Ihioma dominated, both the business and the politics, they elect and rotate chairmans among themselves but you can't see any Anambra talking it.

I will never be caught insulting on diiick measuring with any sister state but I will always state the facts correctly, we bear no grudge.

Nwanne i bu ezeigbo nwa otu you forget ogbo efere that one na arondizuogu people dey controle there and we look the other way like we don care the list goes on and on is the same story when nwaeke ogbodo a man from enugu was tge chairman of agboro in the whole of onitsha he start bosting that thier is no man in anambra that na enwero nwoke na anambra and we show him why we are called ndi anambra he pay the supreme prize for that insult we love our igbo brothers but some of them are very jelous of ndi anambra

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
Aromi:

Nwanne i bu ezeigbo nwa otu you forget ogbo efere that one na arondizuogu people dey controle there and we look the other way like we don care the list goes on and on is the same story when nwaeke ogbodo a man from enugu was tge chairman of agboro in the whole of onitsha he start bosting that thier is no man in anambra that na enwero nwoke na anambra and we show him why we are called ndi anambra he pay the supreme prize for that insult we love our igbo brothers but some of them are very jelous of ndi anambra

Thanks Nwanne daalu, Ogboefere is 60% Akokwa and Arondizuogu 30%. Nweke Ogbodo was my dad friend when I was small, he was driving 504 Peugeot Saloon car from Uga to Atani. I know him very well. He was killed by Dopa Esiogbu from Ogwu Ikpele when he was National Union chairman while Dopa was secretary. Nweke insulted Anambra people openly while walking down Upper Iweka with some Akpugo guys as bodyguards, the guy was very uncouth, he ruled Anambra state with iron fist despite not being from Anambra State. Dopa and Co later conspired to kill him, later Dopa was killed by Bakassi Boys ; we used to live in the same street with Dopa at Odorubber iyiowa.

Igbo bu Igbo aburom onye ntisa kama ekechaa na ama eburu nata na obi. Ife a bu uka umunne mana kwusinu ikpari ndi Anambra, onweghi ife mere onye obuna

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2018
DawatNama:

Here in Nnewi. Certain market positions rr reserved for Nnewi people. If u dont like it. Off u go
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 4:57pm On Jun 26, 2018
Obdk:

Here in Nnewi. Certain market positions rr reserved for Nnewi people. If u dont like it. Off u go
In Nnewi for Ndi Nnewi, what do you expect, people whose fathers built a market in their own land, that is native intelligence bro.

That's how it's supposed to be, in the UAE government will approve your business once there is a local standing as a signatory or part owner.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nwakibie3(m): 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2018
I am really impressed by this thread. in fact everybody in anambra should snap and post his/her town. I will snap round my town Agukwu Nri as soon as I go home.
Other eastern states brothers and sisters should open the thread of their state too.

IGBO AMAKA!!!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
An 8-member Power Sector Development Committee has been re-inaugurated by Governor Willie Obiano.

The Committee has Engr Chike Okonkwo as its Chairman and Mr Patrick Okigbo as Secretary while other members include the Commissioner for Power and Domestic Water Development and Mr Obi Nwankwo and Engr Alex Amakom.

Others are Barr Uche Ebo, Chief George Chiatula and Engr Nwanne Anigbogu.

The Committee was among other things mandated to develop a Power Masterplan and Implementation framework for the State including devising sustenable ways to power the streetlights in the State, to ensure proper implementation of policies of the State government for the power sector and to promote the indigenization of knowledge, expertise and technology in the State power sector.

The Committee is also expected to facilitate the attraction of foreign direct investment to develop the power sector, to advise government on renewable energy alternatives to explore and to advise the state government on overall best practices to adopt with respect to development, production and distribution of power.

Inaugurating the Committee, Governor Obiano said the need to reinaugurate the committee arose because of the specific objectives which government aims to achieve in the next one year notable of which is to provide captive power for industrial clusters in Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi and Ekwulobia.

Governor Obiano Who noted that a lot can be achieved if the state's power sector is viable, said the Committee must develop new creative avenues to finance power investments through active private sector participation as well as explore the potentials in gas deposits in the state so as to drive economic growth in the State.

He directed that the Committee update his government on their activities on monthly basis, assuring that his government will avail them every support they require to succeed.

The Chairman of the Committee, Engr Okonkwo while promising that the committee will work in line with its terms of reference to enhance sustainable development in the state power sector, commended Governor Obiano for constituting a team of experts to handle the onerous task

https://www.anambrastateblog.com.ng/2018/06/governor-obiano-inaugurates-power.html
a
nice one,they should also look into seeing if nerc can grant their major markets, license to generate and distribute power.That of ariaria baring any legal disturbance from eedc seem to be on track.Also peeps in the real estate sector can take advantage of the licence waiver,for power generation below I mw
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Fatherofdragons: 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
This one has the federal republic of Nigeria in his staff

just last week the Sultan of Sokoto came to commission the traditional rulers house in Rivers state LOL. Aren't Kings supposed to be equals? These people have a very low opinion of their own Igbo culture.

I thought they said they are not igbos?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2018
The Transition Chairman of Ekwusigo LGA
HON ENGR IKENNA OFODEME S. (Owelle)

Received

The Head of Operation,
Anambra State Command of
Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps

DC Ugwuja Edwin

And

The Head of Armoury,
Anambra State Command of
Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps

DIC Gius Ezeribe

Today
At the Local Government Secretariat, Ozubulu

As he hands over the keys to the new residential apartment over to the security outfit, after due inspection, confirmation, acceptance and appreciation by the State Commander

The Chairman in his speech thanked the Corps Commander "for deeming it fit to come and also for the acceptance, as that will avert the security problems of the council owing to the fact that the vigilant services had been banned from handling guns which had cost us much in the near past"

The Commander is his reaction, thanked the Chairman whom he said is friendly with good leadership quality that also inspired him to give in his best for Ekwusigo despite his pledge as a corps member
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
@ EKWUSIGO LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2018
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2018
EBONYI STATE DELEGATION VISIT GOVERNOR OBIANO ON ABAKILIKI STREET ISSUE.

Despite State Government's naming of a choice location in Awka as Abakiliki Street, the Ebonyi State government sent a delegation to the Governor, soliciting for reversal of Club Road to Abakiliki Street.

Governor Willie Obiano who received the delegation led by the Secretary to the Government of the State, Dr Hygenus Nweze Nkwokwu, promised to resolve all raised issues.

The Delegation made an official presentation of a written letter from Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State addressed to Governor Obiano.

Receiving the letter on behalf of Governor Obiano, after a closed door meeting at the Government House, Awka, Deputy Governor, Dr Nkem Okeke who said that Ebonyi and Anambra had been brothers, noted that the social media hype on the issue is uncalled for.

While promising to transmit the letter to the Governor for necessary actions, Deputy Governor Okeke revealed that the closed door meeting was issue based and cordial.

He called on everyone to calm down and go about their normal businesses as issues such as the present one should not be allowed to distract.

Recall that controversies trailed the renaming of the street to Club road by the Governor due to the nature of activities going on in the area.

State government has since named the area starting from the popular Queen Suite Junction to Parktonia Hotel Junction as Abakiliki Street to show its proactiveness.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EasternActivist: 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
Wow in that case the best Obaino could and should do is to ignore and continue with his development stride. Enough of the distractions

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
ENVIRONMENTAL TOUR IN ANAMBRA STATE CONTINUES

In keeping up with its resolve to keep Anambra State clean and devoid of every form of avoidable waste, The state's Ministry of Environment, Road Beautification and Ecology today, Tuesday, 26th June continued its environmental tour of the state which began in Wednesday, 20th June.

The main aim of the tour is to ensure that the drainages are deslited and decongested to enhance a clean and healthy Anambra.

The Honourable Commissioner for Environment, Road Beautification and Ecology, Arc. Michael Okonkwo in his absence on the tour was represented by The Special Assistant to the Governor on Environment, Hon. Comr. Igwah Francis who led the tour train, some other aides of the Governor and some environmental health officers.

Today's tour which centered mainly on roads and streets within the State capital began from Aroma Junction/Secretariat Road and continued down to the following places:
•Millennium Avenue To Okpuno
•Mopol Base
Club Street (Formerly Abakiliki Street)
•Kwatta Road
• Crescent Spring Avenue
•Ngozika Estate
•Unizik Junction
•Timber/Eke Awka Markets
•Amaenyi/Amaku Roads

The tour is as a result of the belief of the Working Governor, His Excellency Chief Dr. Willie M. Obiano that keeping the environment clean makes for and promotes healthy living among the citizens of the State.

Please always remember that for environmental complaints, reach out to Ministry of Environment Anambra State as staff are always on ground to attend to your complaints.

Nke a bu Nkeanyi.

Signed:
Anowai Uzondu. N
Media Assistant
Office of the SA to the Governor on Environment
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
J

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: PapillodeKing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.