Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2068738 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
OreMI22:

Part of the Nigerian mentality is looking at Lagos as a standard and trying to repeat the same mistakes of unplanned growth which force the capital to move to Abuja.

We should ALWAYS think of the BEST PRACTICES GLOBALLY AS THE STANDARD.

PLANNING IS EVERYTHING!

Many cities in the world are much bigger than Lagos, yet they are well planned and liveable. If the way estates are moved and well spaced in the surburbs of Abuja continue, even in 50 years time, it will not become a congested nightmare. Because it is decentralized and people can live in different zones comfortably. That is the best practice that should be adopted and not putting more and more things on Oguta road or Awka road in Onitsha or Zik avenue in Awka. Instead we should build MORE Zik avenues in virgin territories on Awka so that new developments can go there. The same way we should develop the Nkisi road all the way to Aguleri as a dual carriage way as Obiano severally promised during his second term campaign.

The idea of confining every development with the old city boundary from generation to generation is the hallmark of failure of Nigerian cities and should be desperately avoided in Anambra. If the map below is laid over Anambra, it will cover from Onitsha to Awka and from Aguleri to Ihiala. If you think about it, Anambra mega city project could adopt a plan like this and not that talking about Lagos all the time.

In the aerial map below, many small town were enveloped into a mega city with well connected railway tracts and dual carriageways. This is the best practice globally that should be the plan and not replicating past mistakes of Lagos because some people who have not been outside Nigeria are yet to realize that indeed Lagos is a slum city of unimaginable dimension. This is not an insult to Lagos, but merely a statement of fact. The fact that Nigerian cities base their model of development on Lagos is what makes Port Harcourt, Kano and other cities in Nigeria look the way they look. You only need to leave Nigeria and come back after 6 months to see Lagos with a trained eye.
You made valuable points which if looked into can make a whole difference. My major concern is the increased pace of development and it seems the state government is overwhelmed due to paucity of fund.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EODforce: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Your father is an anumanu. Look closely to see if you can identify your cousins cool

. those are honest workers chinonso

anyway , am kind of busy now, i will come for you later
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
Chyke go and hawk your gala, that was what I said ab-initio.

EODforce:
. those are honest workers chinonso
anyway , am kind of busy now, i will come for you later
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Chyke go and hawk your gala, that was what I said ab-initio.

You can fit find trouble no be small Nwannem, jilie nwanyo nwanyo
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
2 BANK PLAZA COMING UP @ OZUBULU COURTESY OF SIR ALOYSIUS IKEGWUONU.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
2 NEW BANKS UNDERCONSTRUCTION @ OZUBULU EKWUSIGO LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE .IT WILL BE COMMISSIONED BY THE ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNOR ON OR BEFORE MAY 2018.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Purehuman(m): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2018
We need more updates in this thread. Let's reawaken this thread please.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
Ezenwa plaza, at Ugwuorie Ozubulu under construction.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
Purehuman:

I totally agree with you. A lot of Anambra pictures on other threads are pictures that I have seen so many times. We need to new, fresh and current pictures of various developments in the state. Recycling the same old pictures gets boring.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
@investnow2013. thanks for the fresh updates
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Purehuman(m): 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
horsepower101:

I totally agree with you. A lot of Anambra pictures on other threads are pictures that I have seen so many times. We need to new, fresh and current pictures of various developments in the state. Recycling the same old pictures gets boring.

That's true. The last thread was always filled with new pic every day that it grew the enthusiasm of Anambra people to look inwards. We need to see the recent things happening in the state even recent news about the state so that we will be abreast on what is happening.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TheKingdom: 8:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
Very very ugly and outdated construction
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2018
Don-Ritz Awka

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
post=64318282:
Don-Ritz Awka

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:53pm On Jan 18, 2018
Awka fast growing city

Top hotels in Awka

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Purehuman(m): 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Igbos are the most underused population in the world. A people who can transform a forest to a city.

The only problem is that we don't have the will to help them channel their investment. We just let them invest anyhow.

These hotels would have made extreme money if we built a real tourist attraction. A place we want huge amount of people to come.

Igbos just lost more than 100billion naira in December because they don't know how to make money from humans.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by deomelllo: 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
Purehuman:

lol @ updates. What are they updating with the same random internet pictures recycled and posted just to fraudulently fool people and elongate the meaningless thread to a million pages?

Are old Catholic schools built in 1909 and old roads roads built decades ago updates or the Op just don't know the meaning of updates?

The Op even posted pictures of somebody's ugly living room as updates.

Where are the new infrastructures?

The whole thread is fraud and gimmicks...
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Purehuman(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
deomelllo:

lol @ updates. What are they updating with the same random internet pictures recycled and posted just to fraudulently fool people and elongate the meaningless thread to a million pages?

Are old Catholic schools built in 1909 and old roads roads built decades ago updates or the Op just don't know the meaning of updates?

The Op even posted pictures of somebody's ugly living room as updates.

Where are the new infrastructures?

The whole thread is fraud and gimmicks...
Okay, I have heard you. I wasn't talking to you.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
Best Western Awka

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
post=64320043:
Best Western Awka

Obodo oyibo activated. Keep it rolling brother. But i want to be among the first 10 people that will first lodge at the only 5star hotel in the SE- Golden Tulip Agulu Lake. cool

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2018
Nnewi Hotel and event center

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
The Grand Opening of Buckingham Court

was indeed a tremendous and remarkable occasion as Mr Chinedu Celestine Akajiobi "AKUAMIA" (Chairman, C & C Property Developers Limited) played host to family, friends and well wishers at the grand opening of his country home "The Buckingham Court" in Awka Etiti, Idemili South LGA, Anambra State.

The occasion was graced by distinguished personalities, dignitaries and colleagues from across the globe

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:42pm On Jan 18, 2018

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
More

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 10:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
post=64321299:

Shegeee..Omambala bois ji ego igwe.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by deomelllo: 10:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Purehuman:

Okay, I have heard you. I wasn't talking to you.

Nna, familiarize yourself with the public forum concept, I can quote and talk anybody on this forum.

Obviously, my comment about the recycle and fraudulent thread struck a nerve.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Purehuman(m): 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2018
Riches fit igbos slot. Chai! Look at the hotels springing up in the east. We are coming fast and we will get there.

What do you think, if these men come together to build a mall city.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Purehuman(m): 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
deomelllo:

Nna, familiarize yourself with the public forum concept, I can quote and talk anybody on this forum.

Obviously, my comment about the recycle and fraudulent thread struck a nerve.

You were trying to make jest when I was serious about what I was saying. When I am serious, I am a bit hostile.

I am sorry for sounding harsh but I needed to get some information. I am planning something when I get home.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Purehuman(m): 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
post=64321387:
More
What is the name of this guy?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
This is a cute little hotel.
But the guy could have tried to make it a two storey building. With all the big lobby downstairs,Kitchen and Laundry, i'm wondering how many rooms will be left for lodging upstairs. Like 5 rooms? Unless he plans to build another set of rooms by the side. Then you wonder where will the pool be and parking?

Anyhow, kudos to anyone trying to create jobs in their community no matter how small.

Anambra1st son,
Please don't be offended. i appreciate your great updates.I don't think it's courteous to put people's faces online without their permission. Unless they are already celebrities. Please always blur out people's faces when you post. If you won't want me to take your picture at a function and post your image on NL, you can do those people a little respect by blurring out their faces.It's just a basic etiquette to respect other people's rights and privacy. Emulate how people like Spyder880 never post people's pictures online no matter how much he wants to show what is behind the pictures. Even when the people are laborers or groundnut sellers.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by deomelllo: 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2018
Purehuman:

You were trying to make jest when I was serious about what I was saying. When I am serious, I am a bit hostile.

I am sorry for sounding harsh but I needed to get some information. I am planning something when I get home.

I was serious about my comment too, look at my comment, I did not use any lol, lmao or smilies. I was not joking around. This thread is all about repetition all over the place, irrelevant and meaningless rubbish like roadsign and picture of white women or a living room

Is roadsign any kind or development, or a white woman, or telephone tower or old 1909 catholic school or even other people's houses?

It's all fraud and con game.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by okeke00(m): 12:00am On Jan 19, 2018
post=63467442:
Anambra is clean and safe
if you don't know what a clean city is tell me let me help you with a picture. You see more than 10 billion tripso of sand on the sides of your road and you are calling the city a clean city. Shame!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.