Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? (60191 Views)

If Your Girlfriend Had A Past Like This, Would You Still Marry Her? (Photo) / I Don't Understand This Photo, Someone Intelligent Should Explain Please. / She Is Into Runs Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Freeman50(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:
im not forming Einstein o, or Elon Musk.
But my girlfriend is below average when it comes to her reasoning.
she is studying a "useless" course in school, Local Govt Studies.
She lacks strategy when she addresses life matter.
If you discuss with her for 10 minutes youll notice her flaws.

she is very fine o and she has manners. i dont want to regret marrying her because of looks o.

can marring her be meaningful considering her intellectual laziness?

Young Man, Not intelligent you say?.. Remember nobody is perfect. You can make it happen, Know her weaknesses & start correcting her. If you ever dump her for other men just because of her predicaments you will live to regret it. You can still make her a changed person that's why you are there for her.

" As a great friend & lover, if truly you worth having her in your life, you will go through anything to keep her"
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by SIaye: 10:54am On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
You can't be intellectually sound and be dating a girl that isn't. Permit me to say you attract your likes. It's a rule of thumb.

You are always trying too hard to impress with your comments that you no longer make sense.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by onlyme07(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2018
fedorahat:

Bros there is no intelligence in 80 percent of nairaland posts, except you want her to learn bigotry
That's your tbought bro. I have met good and intelligent ladies on this platform. You absorb what is best for you and make friends with them.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by fedorahat: 10:56am On Jan 21, 2018
Only1mi:

Conversations will be difficult though.

Do we really need conversation,

Some people are good story tellers, others are good listeners, some just want to only relax in your arms, others to play ludo with you.

Movies are really giving wrong perception of idealistic relationships.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by rayobaba(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:
Give her books to read. Make sure she reads at least two books in a month.

You'll see changes.

Relationships are not just about sex and saying I love you. You should be able to bring positive changes to your partner.
plus if she listen to you, then u can help her intelligences .Go for her.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ubunja(m): 10:58am On Jan 21, 2018
Only1mi:

Conversations will be difficult though.
what really would you be discussing that needs a PHD
my mother is uneducated but we talk till the sun comes up.you peeps amaze me

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by fedorahat: 10:59am On Jan 21, 2018
onlyme07:

That's your tbought bro. I have met good and intelligent ladies on this platform. You absorb what is best for you and make friends with them.

Are we talking of people or posts, I never said there is nothing good in nairaland, the truth is rubbish far out numbers meaningful posts.

Go to front page and check out how many topics there can influence someone's life.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by freemandgenius(m): 10:59am On Jan 21, 2018
donstan18:

Rule of which thumb ma'am, how do you mean?

-You can be intelligent but dates someone who isn't.
-You can be rich but dates a poor person.
-You can be Godly but dates someone who isn't.
-You can be neat but dates someone who isn't .
-You can be ugly but dates a handsome/beautiful fellow.

Are the above listed instances not unlikely attraction?

If "Like" attracts “Like", why then do men marry women instead of their fellow gender?

To the OP, build your woman into whatever you wishes her to be, so long as you love and cherish her.

The most important thing is that she has manners, it's very necessary in a woman and important to any man.

IT seems you did not understand OP,
he is scared of what the children will be knowing that trait inherited by children comes from the women more than men. OP NO WAN BORN OLODO
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Espada10: 11:00am On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:

if Like must date Like then you should be a lesbian and pair pvssy with pvssy.
relationships are about complimenting each other NOT duplicating whats already there.whats the point of two intelligent people dating? to discuss photosynthesis?
i'll be smart enough for the both of us and bae will be sexy enough for the both of us.

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by kyaagbanairaland(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
You can't be intellectually sound and be dating a girl that isn't. Permit me to say you attract your likes. It's a rule of thumb.
Every time I read through your comments on issues, I pick no meaning out of it. In case you did not do physics in school, 'like charges repel, unlike charges attract'. Why do u think short girls love tall guys?

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by emu22(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

she is very fine o and she has manners. i dont want to regret marrying her because of looks o.

Men, I'm in the same boat with you,mine has even graduated,she read mass communication but bros, her matter they tire me. I have tried everything I know,i even go as far as teaching her personally when I have the time but she doesn't seems to be interested,so I have decided to leave her to her faith and accept her like that, because apart from the intelligence stuff, she is a sweet girl, she knows how to make me happy and she can sacrifice her life for mine, make I dey use my small intelligence way I get for the two of us,atleast anything she doesn't know she ask,so I will advice you don't look at beauty and intelligence,look at other things,everybody have their short comings and I think you can cope with her if Evey other aspect is OK. Abeg na just my own opinion I give oo, because all this people for naira land una bad mouth sharp pass cutlass.

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:
give her to me. thats how i love them...hot and dumb.
i love a gal who doesnt even know what an enzyme is.she is the one i can enjoy.im smart so i dont look for smartness.i look for a pretty face.no matter how dumb a gal is she is my type.
gbam!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

With what I have learnt after 10 years of marriage I will readily give up beauty and "intelligence" for very good manners. That's me any way.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by PierreDeFermath(m): 11:02am On Jan 21, 2018
what do you need an intelligent girl for? women are just sex objects. that's why lots of men are going for sex dolls.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by onlyme07(m): 11:04am On Jan 21, 2018
fedorahat:

Are we talking of people or posts, I never said there is nothing good in nairaland, the truth is rubbish far out numbers meaningful posts.

Go to front page and check out how many topics there can influence someone's life.
Why would one dedicate all his time to frontpage. We have different sections,they (admin) push to the fp what they think is best for them. Education section has been helpful for those looking for scholarahip, admission etc,check australia,US and Uk et al travel section likewise jobs and vacancies to see how people have assisted and gained experience.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by micflo28(m): 11:06am On Jan 21, 2018
[left][/left]be sound, idealistic minds. Nicely put it to her midway your conversations that she should be more in depth and sound with her conversations, suggestions and ideas. She will surely work on that. Then assess her friends or choice of friends, if they are not so sound, introduce her to some you think are sound minded. Lastly, advise her to buy and read books and hang out with the best brains of girls in her class or a more challenging department. She could be friends with a medical student irregardless of difference in course. Lust in youths have made them overlook this important aspect in a relationship. When your kids perform poorly in school they will blame an innocent witch in the village.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Fourwinds: 11:06am On Jan 21, 2018
Cowbuoy:
For a Chinese man once said...

"Beauty without Intelligence, na the Pussy go suffer pass"... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by DonX001: 11:06am On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

manners is not enough,

our conversations are usually shallow.

every stupid thing she reads on whatsapp she believes

i hope they dont scam of all her fortunes one day.

with her course, of which she is not coming out with a reasonable grade, it means she will have to do business as no one will employ her.

OP, I feel you. grin grin grin
I have been in this exact scenario, exactly as you described.
Where her only interests in this world are watching Nollywood movies, Telemundo and Zeeworld, and looking at pictures of hair, clothes and shoes on Facebook.
My decision was very clear- it was an absolute NO. I called off the relationship.

Don't listen to most of the advice on Romance section of Nairaland, most of them are kids who have seen very little of real life, and most are probably Dumbos themselves (as you can see from their comments).

Those telling you to give her books to read and improve, they do not realize that you can take a horse to the stream, but cannot force it to drink water.

If reading is not one of her interests, (and it clearly isn't from what you posted), giving her books to read is just a waste of time, as she won't read it. In my case, mentioning BOOKS or READING was just like punishment to her, like telling a child "I'll bring cane for you now".

Don't get it twisted- You CANNOT force a fully grown adult woman who has already formed her habits, to suddenly start liking books and reading and then stop being dull.
If her parents and school couldn't get her to read books, its now you that can get her to read abi, when its not exams or something? (even for exams sef they don't really read).

At worst, if she really likes you, she'll take the books and force herself to read them for some time, that's if you absolutely insist on it.
But once you get married- GBAGAM! She reverts back to her old default mode, and you have no choice but to manage her as she is then, since you've already bought the goods " for better or for worse". Or you then vex and become a divorcee with the associated stigma.

Anything you can't cope with before marriage, DON'T marry her and hope she'll change, or that you'll train her and improve her as a man- SCAM!!
That's the commonest cause of divorce currently, people marrying others and hoping they'll change.
So if they don't change, you're stuck with her.

My advice to you-
If you can't cope with her degree of dumbness, dump her ASAP and leave her for one of these Nairalanders shouting "Train her!!" to come and do the training themselves.
Its not worth it having a wife who can get scammed of your mutual fortune one day because of dumbness (yes, it has actually happened before).
Or worst still, having dumb kids who happen to have inherited their mother's genetic dumbness.

Beauty will fade in 1 or 2 decades max, dumbness can be everlasting.

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by bettercreature(m): 11:08am On Jan 21, 2018
Women always behaves as if they are not intelligent,weak,stewpid when they are in love with you this poster should be very careful.You might not know how intelligent she is until you lose her
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

You better marrying her oh, who are you leaving her for... Take it as your cross grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by oodua1stson: 11:10am On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:
give her to me. thats how i love them...hot and dumb.
i love a gal who doesnt even know what an enzyme is.she is the one i can enjoy.im smart so i dont look for smartness.i look for a pretty face.no matter how dumb a gal is she is my type.
I love this site grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 21, 2018
bettercreature:
Women always behaves as if they are not intelligent when they are in love with you this poster should be very careful.You might not know how intelligent she is until you lose her

shocked Not understanding a word you said
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Blackhawk01: 11:10am On Jan 21, 2018
tonyhoney:

Reasonable question. Whatever the quality you want in a woman, it should have been inculcated in her through the parental up-growing and education. If she lacks those qualities now, forget it, you can't train her again, she will only be pretending. You can't force her to read books, she will only be stearing at the books like season film. Whatever the quality she lacks before marriage, she lacks it forever. Dont pitty to marry a woman, but if you are a kind that love divorce, pitty a woman for marriage. But if her beauty and attitudes are enough reason to marry her, then so be it, but if I see you complaining or carry side chics after marriage, your cain is in the roof.

I didn't advice him to force her into learning. Except she's stupid, everyone thirsts for knowledge and information. She might just be going in the wrong direction and like Kush said, relationship isn't just for sex and whisperings of I love you, he should help build her. And no, she doesn't necessarily have to lack in marriage what she lacks in relationship. Change is the only constant thing, there's always room for a better us.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by hibeekay007(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2018
Dafreeguy:

That course is really useless as far as Nigeria is concern
i guess you're still a student, studying a so called 'important course' no worry, u go soon know as e dey go for street..
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Bigsolo10: 11:12am On Jan 21, 2018
She maybe intelligent in the bed or should I help u to comfirm that as well
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by fedorahat: 11:12am On Jan 21, 2018
onlyme07:

Why would one dedicate all his time to frontpage. We have different sections,they (admin) push to the fp what they think is best for them. Education section has been helpful for those looking for scholarahip, admission etc,check australia,US and Uk et al travel section likewise jobs and vacancies to see how people have assisted and gained experience.

Front page is the face of nairaland.
We all know first impression matters, we are supposed to have useful post pushed there as it might be difficult going through the entire forum for a useful post, the agric section is my favorite, when last did it grace front-page, how many times do people post there . This is because they feel they are not appreciated enough.
We want to see meaningful conversation, not the jokes we have this days.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by oodua1stson: 11:13am On Jan 21, 2018
Qif she's good and makes you happy you better marry her.

There are far too many useless girls out there. You don't wanna be out there searching again

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Uhomanbulus110(f): 11:14am On Jan 21, 2018
Send to school to go and learn more
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Fourwinds: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
to be sincere ...this is very useless statement....

certain things draw one to someone before one begins to dig deeper

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by bettercreature(m): 11:15am On Jan 21, 2018
victorakpabome:

shocked Not understanding a word you said
Most women always turn to dunce when they are in love with a particular man and that is why they sometimes do stewpid things like crying because of him,saying yes yes yes to whatever he says.Not because they are weak but because they are in love
You shouldn’t mistake love for weakness or unintelligent you will get burnt

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by madridsta007(m): 11:17am On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

Buy her books to read. Make sure she reads at least two per month.
Limit her use of social media if you can.
Stick to discussing real world issues with her. It will be a struggle initially, but she’ll come good.

The above will be a struggle if intimacy is involved. She will struggle to take you serious. Your part will be be reduce the intimacy to zero levels, if you have to improve her intelligence.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Fourwinds: 11:18am On Jan 21, 2018
dollyjoy:
What if I tell you there are flaws in you she is trying to put up with because she loves you? Every human has flaws,if you consider her intellectual shallowness as a deal breaker. Please take a walk. Thank you and God bless you. kiss
madam...no one is perfect.... but we work on ourselves to minimize the imperfections

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ladies, What Are The Two Things That Would Make You Visit A Guy Repeatedly? / How Many Women will dare to get married If This Is Applicable Today? / Stranger Spots Lady Texting Another Guy While With Her Man See What He Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.