Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,639 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? (16670 Views)

I'm Not Marrying Her: How DO I End This Relationship, All My Trap Has Faild Me / Her In-Law Advises Me Against Marrying Her / Lady Gives Her Boyfriend Ultimatum To Propose Or She Walks Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by londoner: 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nimi22:
No it isn't. I can't remember my husband engaging me with a ring before me got married.

But did your husband propose or at least ask you to be his wife?

Was there a demarcation moment between girlfriend and wife?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by londoner: 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2018
dynamic006:

The purpose of dating Is to know each mother more before marriage.

The purpose of dating is to get to know whether you should get married based on who you both are and whether you are compatible for the long haul. Otherwise we would all marry our first dates or boyfriend/girlfriend then.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Nimi22(f): 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2018
londoner:

But did your husband propose or at least ask you to be his wife?
Was there a demarcation moment between girlfriend and wife?
The demarcation moment was when he asked to see my parents

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by londoner: 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2018
Nimi22:

The demarcation moment was when he asked to see my parents

That is basically a proposal of sorts then. He was asking your parents for your hand in marriage when he met with them. I'm sure your parents also asked your opinion, which would be when you accepted the proposal?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by Nimi22(f): 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2018
londoner:

That is basically a proposal of sorts then. He was asking your parents for your hand in marriage when he met with them. I'm sure your parents also asked your opinion, which would be when you accepted the proposal?

Now I get, I thought the op meant proposal with a ring.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? by londoner: 3:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
Nimi22:

Now I get, I thought the op meant proposal with a ring.

He didn't propose by asking her to marry him. Although, how they came about planning a wedding then, I don't know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Affair With The Neighbour (A Short Romantic Story) / My Experience At Silver Fox Strip Club Yesterday! / I Caught My Senior Brother Fucking Our Neighbour's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.