Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists (21036 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Date Uk-based Nigerian Women / Reasons Why You Should Date A Petite Girl / God Forbid That I Should Date A Broke Naija Babe (2) (3) (4)

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:47pm On Jan 26, 2018
themonk:

This should be an innate understanding everybody should have but then we are in a very irrational society. How someone feels good about a women being denied equality riddles me or maybe they do not have a proper understanding of what feminists are saying. A collective judgment about women being inferior is pure madness i believe.
The society and religion are part of the problem.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by themonk(m): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
The society and religion are part of the problem.
religion makes it worse, it make women themselves believe they are inferior.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2018
FTrebirth:
i support equality between both genders as long as it means we'll share everything, including work and money, equally. so, while i might be in the kitchen cooking egusi soup my wife would be pounding the fufu.

no time for "darling, but it's a man's job." thunder fire you!
If you go by this then you have sense small but feminism and equality is more than that.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2018
themonk:
religion makes it worse, it make women themselves believe they are inferior.
Very true that is why I can't explain the fact why women are more religious than men I am still thinking but I can't get it.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
1nigeriamyfoot:
I disagree! I have no problem with feminism or feminist but 98% of Nigerian ladies forming feminist knows nothing about feminism!
I wonder where you got your statistics from.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by MrMystrO(m): 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nobodys:
natural order of things??.... oo well...ur opinion baby .... nothing makes a man higher than a woman and nothing makes a woman higher than a man with equality...no one gets to lose or win.. about ur natural order...the life we live now isn't actually the order of nature you know... that's y change exist..
Saying the bolded sadly means that you're not in touch with the Reality anymore and Civilization has turned people into believing they live in a fantasy world. It's very obvious that Nature has equipped man to be stronger physically and mentally and that actually layed the ground work for men to dominate the world today. You will obviously agree with me that men dominate our present world and that's for a reason. Equality cannot be achieved no matter how hard we try believe me because we will always be different and the sexes will always disagree at some point so for Order to reign, One has to be above the other, That is what order is all about. Even in our society, all fingers are not equal, some people have to be Superior to some for ORDER to reign. I am only being Rational, and i believe you should drop that female sentiment and view the issue from a Rational Perspective. Take it or leave it, the so called "EQUALITY" Will NOT work because it doesn't exist in Nature. The End.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by FTrebirth(m): 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
If you go by this then you have sense small but feminism and equality is more than that.

your papa!

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by FTrebirth(m): 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nobodys:
I don't mind the share of duties dear.... I will be glad to do them

good girl. wink

so, what are we waiting for?

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by donem: 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
I support feminism, but the sad truth remains as far as africa is concerned, a woman can never be equal to a man, bitter fact.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by themonk(m): 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Very true that is why I can't explain the fact why women are more religious than men I am still thinking but I can't get it.
Religion appeals to emotions. Women are more emotional beings than men.

When you believe the ultimate aim of your existence and the your afterlife is hinged on something, what would compare afterlife to being subservient a little?

Religion just hits the nail at the head, every other thing bends to its will.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
FTrebirth:
[s][/s]

your papa!
Hahaha you see you don't have sense you can insult me but don't you dare bring my father into this I don't joke about that man.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2018
FTrebirth:
[s][/s]

your papa!
Hahaha you don't have sense you can insult me but don't you dare bring my father into this I don't joke about that man.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2018
themonk:

Religion appeals to emotions. Women are more emotional beings than men.

When you believe the ultimate aim of your existence and the your afterlife is hinged on something, what would compare afterlife to being subservient a little?

Religion just hits the nail at the head, every other thing bends to its will.
Emotional beings that may be the answer because the way some women reason sometimes especially the conservative ones you begin to wonder.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by FTrebirth(m): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hahaha you see you don't have sense you can insult me but don't you dare bring my father into this I don't joke about that man.

can you talk to your father like that, foolish girl? does feminism teach you not to have manners? how dare you say i have "sense small" and expect me not to clap back?

if you believe feminism is all about equality then, for hurling insults at me unprovoked, i have the right to insult your father because he's a man like me.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
donem:
I support feminism, but the sad truth remains as far as africa is concerned, a woman can never be equal to a man, bitter fact.
Wake up from your sleep Mr man it is already happening.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
FTrebirth:

can you talk to your father like that, foolish girl? does feminism teach you not to have manners? how dare you say i have "sense small" and expect me not to clap back?

if you believe feminism is all about equality then, for hurling insults at me unprovoked, i have the right to insult your father because he's a man like me.
I won't reply your first sentence.About my father do not ever compare yourself to him got it because the comparison is more than gender and because you are a man does not mean you can compare yourself to him.Insult me but not my father.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by themonk(m): 11:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Emotional beings that may be the answer because the way some women reason sometimes especially the conservative ones you begin to wonder.
I wonder, maybe you should sensitize you fellow women on the issue. But religion is the hardest thing to break someone from.

Someone said " I freed a thousand slaves, i would have freed a thousand more if they knew they were slaves"
It would take more than magic to clear some peoples eyes.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by MrMystrO(m): 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Nothing is happening, Stop Deceiving yourself.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by FTrebirth(m): 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I won't reply your first sentence.About my father do not ever compare yourself to him got it because the comparison is more than gender and because you are a man does not mean you can compare yourself to him.Insult me but not my father.

i'll compare myself with your father because we both have dicks and families. he may be older but there's nothing he has achieved that i can't achieve.

learn how to communicate with people without provoking them to retaliate. i'm a hardcore feminist...you slap me i slap you back.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2018
themonk:

I wonder, maybe you should sensitize you fellow women on the issue. But religion is the hardest thing to break someone from.

Someone said " I freed a thousand slaves, i would have freed a thousand more if they knew they were slaves"
It would take more than magic to clear some peoples eyes.
Personally I don't like to talk about religion because it is a personal thing and I can't choose for others,I am liberal in my views,Maybe it is working for those women but those laws cannot work for me so I leave them to their beliefs either way your post have been wonderful and enlightening.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
MrMystrO:

Nothing is happening, Stop Deceiving yourself.
Maybe in your world but not in mine.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by donem: 11:12pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
A man awake cant be woken up, i support equal or even more oppurtunities for women, but the sad truth is a man can never be equal with a woman, as far as africa in general and Nigeria in particular is concerned.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by themonk(m): 11:13pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Personally I don't like to talk about religion because it is a personal thing and I can't choose for others,I am liberal in my views,Maybe it is working for those women but those laws cannot work for me so I leave them to their beliefs either way your post have been wonderful and enlightening.
It's okay. Have a nice time.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by diluewunmi: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
MensCabal:
Feminism has been on the rise in African countries ever since Oprah Winfrey achieved billionaire status. The movement which aims to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men has had its ups and downs and misinterpretations, especially in African countries.

Here in Nigeria, feminists are believed to be pained, single ladies who have been played in their relationships and seek revenge on men through arguments and verbal insults.

But that doesn't mean all Nigerian feminists are pained ladies, in fact, Nigeria has some high profile feminists who are struggling for the dreams of the girl child. The likes of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Muma Gee and Nwando Achebe (daughter of Nigerian renowned writer, essayist, and poet Chinua Achebe) just to mention but a few.

So, guys here are 3 reasons why We at MensCabal believe you should give feminists a try.

1. They Are Financially Independent

Or lets just put it as they are not completely dependent on your money for their survival.

Nigerian men have always complained that the ladies are always extremely dependent on them. If you are thinking about going into a relationship and you don't have money (or dead broke), then you should simply "hide your face". But with feminists its a whole different story.

Feminists are taught to be independent and self-sufficient. They struggle to make their own money and don't depend on anyone else especially men for their daily needs.

In order words, a feminist will be able to support you financially rather than depend on you for everything and suck you dry.

Follow Men's Cabal - The Online Postal Just For Nigerian Real Men for more tips

2. They Are More Supportive

Compared to the ordinary housewife or lets say the house-girlfriend, who depends on you for her daily needs, a feminist knows whats out there and how hard it is to make ends meet, she will be more able to understand you, the stress, the hustle and be more supportive emotionally, mentally and like I said above financially.

Follow Men's Cabal - The Online Postal Just For Nigerian Real Men for more tips

3. They Have More Control Over Themselves

There is an infamous phrase that goes "women don't know what they want", they say this today and do another thing tomorrow. It is believed that women want one thing but social norms and rules suppress them to choose another.

A feminist is someone who has broken away from society's norms and rules and built one for herself. So she will hardly pretend just to make the world believe that she is a good girl or just to make people see her that way, instead she will just be herself.

That would make things easier for you if you were in a relationship with her because she will be more likely to open up to you about herself and her emotions (and with a promise of wild s*x, which society force ladies to suppress).

Source: http://www.menscabal.com/2018/01/3-reasons-why-nigerian-men-should-date.html

I SM PROUD TO BE A FEMINIST... WHAT I LOVE THE MOST IS MY FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE.... NO MAN LIVING OR DEAD CAN WASH MOUTH ON ME
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
FTrebirth:

i'll compare myself with your father because we both have dicks and families. he may be older but there's nothing he has achieved that i can't achieve.

learn how to communicate with people without provoking them to retaliate. i'm a hardcore feminist...you slap me i slap you back.
You should be the one to learn not me.like I said earlier your comparison with my father goes beyond gender you cannot say you can achieve what he has because the both of you obviously have different life goals so you can't achieve what he has look for your own achievements and stop thinking about my father's.How myopic of you to compare yourself with him based on genitals.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by revolt(m): 11:16pm On Jan 26, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
@TalkTalkTwins

...of course FEMINISM is bae!

The number of attacks I get on my Facebook everyday scares me away. The issue is that most Nigerian men are scared being ruled over by women but that's not the truth...
Maybe religious indoctrination is another major cause!

A woman's money can't scare me...
A woman in power can't scare me...

Africa needs to be cured of this our mentality. If Hilary Clinton was an African she should have failed in her primaries.
person wey nva marry dey talk.. Women arent built to handle responsibility for their spouse. If they do, they start automatically getting irritated and lose respect for the guy. A feminist is the worst thing that can happen to a man who has a temporary fall. She will turn him to her minion. A man naturally except in rare cases hardly keeps tabs on what he's spent on a woman.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by lawrykings(m): 11:16pm On Jan 26, 2018
themonk:

Saying no to feminism is very stupid i must say, calls for equal right between men and women should be an innate characteristic any sane and normal human being should possess.

Wasn't it white people that protested the racial equality years back and now they have accepted their wrongs and black still think they dont deserve racism when they want to only have subservient women in the society.

True! Most african women who claim to be feminists do not even have an iota of idea of what it means and most african males who reject the idea are just afraid of losing their imaginary ego or are just too religious to accept that women are just as human as they are.

This is the age of reason, let your irrationality fly away and give women equal opportunities and equal rights. Anyother thing outside this is not feminism and anybody who rejects what is inside this circle is not human enough.

In my view every sane human being whether male of female should be a feminist.

you sound so enlightened on the subject matter but how do you as a man maintain your manly status with someone with a mental prowess and abilities that measures with you? i dont want to argue, i really like to learn sir. thanks
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by revolt(m): 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2018
diluewunmi:

I SM PROUD TO BE A FEMINIST... WHAT I LOVE THE MOST IS MY FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE.... NO MAN LIVING OR DEAD CAN WASH MOUTH ON ME
why am I 99% sure , you're single ?!!!!!
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
@TalkTalkTwins

...of course FEMINISM is bae!

The number of attacks I get on my Facebook everyday scares me away. The issue is that most Nigerian men are scared being ruled over by women but that's not the truth...
Maybe religious indoctrination is another major cause!

A woman's money can't scare me...
A woman in power can't scare me...

Africa needs to be cured of this our mentality. If Hilary Clinton was an African she should have failed in her primaries.

Hehehehe.........."if Hilary clinton was an African she would have failed in her primaries". Perhaps you have no knowledge about Female African Presidents who were democratically elected by their country men and women. Liberia by the name Ellen Sirleaf and Mauritius by name Ameenah Gurib Fakim. It baffels me how till date the country that is the number one advocate of WOMEN'S RIGHTS in the world, United states which is 241 years old is yet to record a single Female President. Now unless we understand that women are actually created to do what a man can not do and that both genders are meant to compliment each other shall this disequilibriumed mentality of equality of the gender be set to perfect balance. Lets strive towards compassion between the sexes by understanding and accepting our biological realities and not deny them because of inconsistent fantasies which are but the outcrop of the ideology called humanism.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
donem:

A man awake cant be woken up, i support equal or even more oppurtunities for women, but the sad truth is a man can never be equal with a woman, as far as africa in general and Nigeria in particular is concerned.
Stop relating Africa to backwardness and look at other African countries and the steps so far made concerning women's rights Tunisia,Ghana,south Africa,Liberia,Kenya and others.You clearly don't understand what equality means in this context check your definition of equality and you contradicted yourself earlier by saying you don't support feminism yet you support opportunities for women.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by diluewunmi: 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
MrMystrO:

Saying the bolded sadly means that you're not in touch with the Reality anymore and Civilization has turned people into believing they live in a fantasy world. It's very obvious that Nature has equipped man to be stronger physically and mentally and that actually layed the ground work for men to dominate the world today. You will obviously agree with me that men dominate our present world and that's for a reason. Equality cannot be achieved no matter how hard we try believe me because we will always be different and the sexes will always disagree at some point so for Order to reign, One has to be above the other, That is what order is all about. Even in our society, all fingers are not equal, some people have to be Superior to some for ORDER to reign. I am only being Rational, and i believe you should drop that female sentiment and view the issue from a Rational Perspective. Take it or leave it, the so called "EQUALITY" Will NOT work because it doesn't exist in Nature. The End.

This is exactly why alot of women choose to remain single. You men see women as your subject. I am a married woman and very happy but trust me, no man dare treat me like a piece of trash all in the name of *we can't be equal*. The same way you came into this world is the same way i came so i see no reason why i should be subjected because a gender feels superior.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by themonk(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
lawrykings:

you sound so enlightened on the subject matter but how do you as a man maintain your manly status with someone with a mental prowess and abilities that measures with you? i dont want to argue, i really like to learn sir. thanks
Mutual respect, thats it. Men need more respect than love, women need more love than respect. Both of you have to understand that, the main thing in a relationship is understanding. Once you guys understand yourselves, there wont be issues.

If you meet a feminist( a true one) she is only advocating to have equal chances to get a job like you when both of you submit your CV and not to be the boss of the house or of a relationship. Its all about equality and fairness and once you guys understand that. You are good to go.

Man Cries As Lady Grabs Him By Waist And Smashes Her B*tt On His Private Part / Mr Nairaland - Elimination Round 2 / Cohabiting In Relationship: Right Or Wrong?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68