Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists (21036 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Date Uk-based Nigerian Women / Reasons Why You Should Date A Petite Girl / God Forbid That I Should Date A Broke Naija Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:39am On Jan 27, 2018
WORDWORLD:

What i have written is too simple to understand. But your chauvinism is making it difficult for you to cpmprehend. I have no where stated that men are superior to women but made clear that the roles of supperiority by each gender is subjective. My dear its true DEMOCRACY preaches EQUALITY. The question of course is. Does it function as so by the very meaning of the word 'EQUALITY' anywhere in the world, this article of faith called EQUALITY? For example, that the RICH and the POOR are equal? That the daughter of a Senator living in the city hub is equal to the daughter of an hunter in the village and are entitled to the same rights? The answer is an absolute answer is NO! Why because the natural laws of the universe doesn't work that way. The daughter of a senator will not be treated equal and the same with the daughter of the hunter in the village if both want to see MR. Buhari who is the President of both. It may be called equal rights but its subjective to a scale of privileges. Hence, there are certain privileges women enjoy that gives them an upper edge over men and vice versa. EQUALITY IS AN ILLUSION. What i have been telling you is the transmutation of power with respect to privileges each gender enjoys. The rule of EQUALITY can't be applied holistically to our human affairs.

Chauvinist indeed.Like I said this is the present reality so leave us to our current way of life.I am openminded and speak my own opinion as I see it so suit yourself let me suit mine.Yes in true democracy the rich and poor would continue to exits but there is a room(opportunity)for everybody to try and be the best and work hard.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 27, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Chauvinist indeed.Like I said this is the present reality so leave us to our current way of life.I am openminded and speak my own opinion as I see it so suit yourself let me suit mine.

And what is your opinion? THAT WE SHOULDNT COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER? My dear, not even all women are equal nor can they treat each other EQUALLY if they are left to themselves.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:46am On Jan 27, 2018
WORDWORLD:

And what is your opinion? THAT WE SHOULDNT COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER? My dear, not even all women are equal nor can they treat each other EQUALLY if they are left to themselves.
You don't understand me.My definition of equality is rights and opportunities and in my post I have not gone past that so I wonder what you are saying.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 27, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You don't understand me.My definition of equality is rights and opportunities and in my post I have not gone past that so I wonder what you are saying.

I understand you PERFECTLY my dear. Let me put it this way. EVEN IF WOMEN ARE LEFT TO THEMSELVES. THE WONT ALLOW EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITY AMDIST THEMSELVES JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL WOMEN AS A DEFACTOR.

So, going by your defination of equality as rights and opportunities. Of course we all cant enjoy the same rights and opportunities. For example. Only a Nigerian citizen has the right to become the president of Nigeria but the opportunity is not open to all Nigerians just because they are Nigerians. If those aspiring to be president by right for being Nigerians dont have a secondary school leaving certificate they are not at par with those who do. Which goes back to your analogy which was but a question. Are we not all Humans?

So, what am saying is this. The whole rights and opportunity thing is subjective. Equality cant be achieved HOLISTICALLY in human affairs. And am not saying a man is superior we only function differently and we have to learn to respect this differences. BOTTOM LINE. ITS NOT COMPETITION BUT COMPASSION IN OUR COMPLIMENTING ONE ANOTHER THAT WILL SAVE US FROM THIS CHAOS WHICH IS BUT AS A RESULT OF INCONSISTENT FANTASY. IT SHOULD REALLY BE ABOUT HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER FAIRLY. THE STRONG FOR THE WEAK, THE RICH FOR THE POOR. MEN FOR WOMEN AND VICE-VERSA. THAT IS MY WHOLE POINT!

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Dcholeric: 1:18am On Jan 27, 2018
I still don't see the rights and opportunities not given to women.

rights that on divorce the woman takes the child and gets paid by the man?

rights that the woman is allowed to assault the man verbally and physically and not the other way around ?

rights that no matter who is at fault, the man leaves the house in order for dispute to be settled.

rights that only women can be pronounced raped ?

it goes on ....this is simply a way to weaken the male gender ....I don't care about feminism ....I only care about unsentimental justice.

if women of developed communities can write out how they are being limited from achieving their dreams and it proves to be so , 99% of men will defend their course.

I will say it again , respect is earned not forced (be you a man or a woman).
men definitely fight for everything gotten (not all men). even as the society becomes harsher on men they almost without complaining scale through most times.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 27, 2018
Nigerian men don't like feminism because it threatens their fragile masculinity and egos. Gotta look elsewhere undecided
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 2:22am On Jan 27, 2018
trustyshoess:
Nigerian men don't like feminism because it threatens their fragile masculinity and egos. Gotta look elsewhere undecided

Can you kindly explain how feminism threatens the masculinity and the ego of the Nigerian man?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 27, 2018
greiboy:
You mean feminist on naira land with pre- existing conditions on the financial stability of the guy they wish to date are financially independent grin

or

The feminist on nairaland always fantasizing on how their future husbands will wash their underwear are supportive cheesy

God

Yes oooo grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:29am On Jan 27, 2018
MrMystrO:

Maddam, That is the way the world was made.. If there is No Order, There will be Chaos. I maintain that for order to reign, One sex has to be above the other. This is just Rational. I am Not saying this because i am a man, But because i am a Rational Human being. If the men Are not the dominant sex in our specie, Then the Women will dominate!! It's as Simple as that! There is no Equality Anywhere. But of course women are Extremely sentimental and are Always moved by emotions So i won't expect you be 100% Rational as only a Few women can Resist the Usual Sentimental Female bias and achieve that feat. But Believe it or Not, Even in your Home, If You don't dominate your husband, Your husband Will dominate You. If one person doesn't give way for the other to dominate, Then the Marriage will Fail because there will be no Order. Why do you think The western world with everything they've achieved have the highest divorce rate in the world? Because they obviously find it hard to maintain order by Trying to adopt the Fake idea called Equality. In The Social Lives of Every Animal Specie on earth, Harmony and cohesion is achieved by one Sex being above the other, It could be the male, it could be the female But it can NEVER be Both at the same time. For people to be able to live together peacefully Either Male or Female , there has to be an Order Put in place by Superiority of Some above Others. Take it or Leave it.
what are u saying self....
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 27, 2018
DeeFlask:
but most feminist are old, I have never seen a femi nist below 35

That's a typical age for "Self Actualization" grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by streamsofjoy(f): 2:33am On Jan 27, 2018
DeeFlask:

That's not true. I fit into all of these descriptions and I'm below 30 and I knw there are a lot of ladies like me out there. I'm married though
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:42am On Jan 27, 2018
Elliot2:
like everything else,respect is not given but earned. the status of domineering we see and even of old were all earned by men: e.g in craft and war! the male folk has always shown his abilities to create and use power. and likewise history has never failed to celebrate the few female folks who distinguish themselves! the truth is, the male folk has been more disadvantaged by the society than the female folk but only that he beats his challenges more often than the female. feminism in itself will not work by mere ranting,but the willingness of each female to overcome her life challenges like every other male does.
u have a point...today's world is dynamic however...De is nothing like equality of humans in the world what we need to crave for is equity..a fair and just world or Society which is what feminism trys to project...it's just that some of us male and female folks have our own interpretation of feminism....for eg a man resigning his job creating a business to allow d woman progress in her career so he could concentrate in d home pertime.....in dis regard de is nothing bad dee....feminism is properly understood and nt misjudged from cultural or religious Prism advocates a Better world

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 27, 2018
Dimples129:

Yes oooo grin
lol You are one crazy lady cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:47am On Jan 27, 2018
MensCabal:
Feminism has been on the rise in African countries ever since Oprah Winfrey achieved billionaire status. The movement which aims to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men has had its ups and downs and misinterpretations, especially in African countries.

Here in Nigeria, feminists are believed to be pained, single ladies who have been played in their relationships and seek revenge on men through arguments and verbal insults.

But that doesn't mean all Nigerian feminists are pained ladies, in fact, Nigeria has some high profile feminists who are struggling for the dreams of the girl child. The likes of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Muma Gee and Nwando Achebe (daughter of Nigerian renowned writer, essayist, and poet Chinua Achebe) just to mention but a few.

So, guys here are 3 reasons why We at MensCabal believe you should give feminists a try.

1. They Are Financially Independent

Or lets just put it as they are not completely dependent on your money for their survival.

Nigerian men have always complained that the ladies are always extremely dependent on them. If you are thinking about going into a relationship and you don't have money (or dead broke), then you should simply "hide your face". But with feminists its a whole different story.

Feminists are taught to be independent and self-sufficient. They struggle to make their own money and don't depend on anyone else especially men for their daily needs.

In order words, a feminist will be able to support you financially rather than depend on you for everything and suck you dry.

Follow Men's Cabal - The Online Postal Just For Nigerian Real Men for more tips

2. They Are More Supportive

Compared to the ordinary housewife or lets say the house-girlfriend, who depends on you for her daily needs, a feminist knows whats out there and how hard it is to make ends meet, she will be more able to understand you, the stress, the hustle and be more supportive emotionally, mentally and like I said above financially.

3. They Have More Control Over Themselves

There is an infamous phrase that goes "women don't know what they want", they say this today and do another thing tomorrow. It is believed that women want one thing but social norms and rules suppress them to choose another.

A feminist is someone who has broken away from society's norms and rules and built one for herself. So she will hardly pretend just to make the world believe that she is a good girl or just to make people see her that way, instead she will just be herself.

That would make things easier for you if you were in a relationship with her because she will be more likely to open up to you about herself and her emotions (and with a promise of wild s*x, which society force ladies to suppress).

Source: http://www.menscabal.com/2018/01/3-reasons-why-nigerian-men-should-date.html

so women shd start proposing to men oooo....at least so sm men can be off singlehood
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 27, 2018
greiboy:
lol
You are one crazy lady cheesy

It takes one to know one cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 27, 2018
DeeFlask:
Feminist here, 20 years old. Feminism is not restricted to a particular age or gender
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by shine12: 5:56am On Jan 27, 2018
You mean the feminists that date old men for hand bags and luxury holidays.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by sonofoluku: 7:07am On Jan 27, 2018
Amarabae:
We feminists make the best wives.
Yes we do.
Feminism mould the perfect woman who appreciate,respect and value herself as a woman.
Feminism is not a war against men but a war against anti women injustices and inequalities.
Period.

I hope oga will second it as you just said

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:23am On Jan 27, 2018
MensCabal:
Feminism has been on the rise in African countries ever since Oprah Winfrey achieved billionaire status. The movement which aims to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men has had its ups and downs and misinterpretations, especially in African countries.

Here in Nigeria, feminists are believed to be pained, single ladies who have been played in their relationships and seek revenge on men through arguments and verbal insults.

But that doesn't mean all Nigerian feminists are pained ladies, in fact, Nigeria has some high profile feminists who are struggling for the dreams of the girl child. The likes of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Muma Gee and Nwando Achebe (daughter of Nigerian renowned writer, essayist, and poet Chinua Achebe) just to mention but a few.

So, guys here are 3 reasons why We at MensCabal believe you should give feminists a try.

1. They Are Financially Independent

Or lets just put it as they are not completely dependent on your money for their survival.

Nigerian men have always complained that the ladies are always extremely dependent on them. If you are thinking about going into a relationship and you don't have money (or dead broke), then you should simply "hide your face". But with feminists its a whole different story.

Feminists are taught to be independent and self-sufficient. They struggle to make their own money and don't depend on anyone else especially men for their daily needs.

In order words, a feminist will be able to support you financially rather than depend on you for everything and suck you dry.

2. They Are More Supportive

Compared to the ordinary housewife or lets say the house-girlfriend, who depends on you for her daily needs, a feminist knows whats out there and how hard it is to make ends meet, she will be more able to understand you, the stress, the hustle and be more supportive emotionally, mentally and like I said above financially.

3. They Have More Control Over Themselves

There is an infamous phrase that goes "women don't know what they want", they say this today and do another thing tomorrow. It is believed that women want one thing but social norms and rules suppress them to choose another.

A feminist is someone who has broken away from society's norms and rules and built one for herself. So she will hardly pretend just to make the world believe that she is a good girl or just to make people see her that way, instead she will just be herself.

That would make things easier for you if you were in a relationship with her because she will be more likely to open up to you about herself and her emotions (and with a promise of wild s*x, which society force ladies to suppress).

Source: http://www.menscabal.com/2018/01/3-reasons-why-nigerian-men-should-date.html

all jokers
once you cant cook or clean and take orders ure are useless as a wife
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by openmine(m): 7:36am On Jan 27, 2018
lilmax:
a woman with common sense doesn't need labels

you don't have to be a feminist to be independent, supportive and in control of your life.... how dumb

like I said "sense" grin
dis ur writeup has made more than just common sense!
u too much!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by revolt(m): 7:40am On Jan 27, 2018
diluewunmi:

Wrong bro. I am happily married with 2 children. Thats where alot of you miss it... you give ladies all manner of names because they depend on you financially. I was properly trained by a father who wouldn't let any man wash mouth on his daughters because of money and i am very happy and proud i didn't dissapoint him... otherwise, i would probably be one of those you guys call olosho and all sort of rubbish names. Sorry to dissapoint u bro
so wth ur experience in a blissful marriage, where is the axiom "NO MAN(ur darling husband inclusive )CAN WASH MOUTH ME......come from? Anyways you know you feminists are weird folks, always making much ado about nothing. The fact there is space for competition, and a innate scale for measurement shows there's q problem. Don't know if your pops mouth washed your mum. Anyways o
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by BoleAndFish: 7:56am On Jan 27, 2018
trustyshoess:
undecided undecided
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by oluxy(m): 8:14am On Jan 27, 2018
Ok. I think u are making point.

I'd like to have just one feminist number.
send it to cheyimoj@gmail.com

I asked u because i felt u know some grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Izen: 8:30am On Jan 27, 2018
DeeFlask:

I am 22, graduate with a great job, financially independent, and I am proudly a feminist smiley
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Izen: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2018
lilmax:
a woman with common sense doesn't need labels

you don't have to be a feminist to be independent, supportive and in control of your life.... how dumb

like I said "sense" grin

You're right, some don't need the labels. But for some of us, we want the labels because it's beyond being independent and being in control. It's about fighting against gender based violence, it's about fighting for those women who by virtue of their gender don't have a means to be economically empowered even when they want to. We will all agree that nothing reasonable feminists are fighting for is necessarily bad. The problem is some people don't want to let go of the privileges the benefits they enjoy from the patriarchal structure. "People" here include even females who would rather be taken care of than work for their money.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by diluewunmi: 9:04am On Jan 27, 2018
WORDWORLD:

My dear, its really about how we treat one another. The fight for equality is nothing but an INCONSISTENT FANTASY which is an outcrop of humanism the bedrock of this so called modern world. This fight for EQUALITY remains an inconsistent fantasy because Men and Women are not equal and the same. Our biological realities doesnt proof as so. Women are created mainly to do what a man cannot do and vice versa. And the difference in gender is meant for both sex to compliment each other and work together as one. The man is the head of the family but the woman is the head of the home is an example of power shift with respect to our divergent functionalities.Once again its really about how we treat each other with compassion and not the mutual rivalry which is but an unhealthy competition as we see today.

If every man thinks like you, I'm sure 90% of homes will stand. From my observation, women are more than willing to be submissive if only they can be treated with the respect they deserve otherwise they become defensive. The training i got is *be gentle as a dove and wise as serpent*.

i read alot of comments when it comes to women, trust me bro, i hate the backslash given.... yes i know some ladies can be really irritating by their dreasing and demand on guys but for the sake of the good ones, i think guys should learn to guard their tongue otherwise, it will make people like me out there more hardened.

The word FEMINISM will vanish with time if ONLY guys can learn to be more respectful by not spitting the woman race. We are not all the same. I sight an example: a guy doesn't like it when another guy is accused of rape... i hear people come out to say all sort so the same way we ladies don't like it when another lady is called olosho or ashewo or whatever.

My writeup is kinda mixed up but im sure you get my point.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 27, 2018
Amarabae:
We feminists make the best wives.
Yes we do.
Feminism mould the perfect woman who appreciate,respect and value herself as a woman.
Feminism is not a war against men but a war against anti women injustices and inequalities.
Period.
Injustices and inequalities like?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2018
diluewunmi:

If every man thinks like you, I'm sure 90% of homes will stand. From my observation, women are more than willing to be submissive if only they can be treated with the respect they deserve otherwise they become defensive. The training i got is *be gentle as a dove and wise as serpent*.

i read alot of comments when it comes to women, trust me bro, i hate the backslash given.... yes i know some ladies can be really irritating by their dreasing and demand on guys but for the sake of the good ones, i think guys should learn to guard their tongue otherwise, it will make people like me out there more hardened.

The word FEMINISM will vanish with time if ONLY guys can learn to be more respectful by not spitting the woman race. We are not all the same. I sight an example: a guy doesn't like it when another guy is accused of rape... i hear people come out to say all sort so the same way we ladies don't like it when another lady is called olosho or ashewo or whatever.

My writeup is kinda mixed up but im sure you get my point.

Mrs, you made your point that very moment you said your husband treats you well. It is our ILL-TREATMENT of one another that sparks the fight for FREEDOM. Be it racism, and e.t.c. What should be put in mind is that: ITS A MAN'S JOB TO RESPECT WOMEN BUT ITS A WOMAN'S JOB TO GIVE HIM WHAT TO RESPECT AND VICE-VERSA". Now on a final note. Let me use our basic instinct called SEXUAL INTERCOURSE for an explanation of complimenting one another with regards to our differing biological realities. Is it not the male's biological reality that he reaches sexual climax far earlier than the female does? The timing for both to climax is not EQUAL. It takes far longer time for a woman to reach orgasm than a man does and unless a man is ready to be UNSELFISH not just after his own pleasures alone, the woman is left unsatisfied which is no fault of her's but how she has been designed to function. We need to understand how we are not the same, accept our differences and strive to compliment each other and so the man bears spending extra effort in this sexual process to satisfy his woman. Which also plays a critical role in how this man will be treated by this woman in other aspects of the relationship. A sexually satisfied woman is a relaxed woman. This is just an example of how we are not equal with respect to a targeted goal, CLIMAX in the same process called SEXUAL INTERCOUSRE. Complimenting one another in what seems our deficiencies but really is our natural design is the only way to ensuring a companionship that is a blissful bond between the genders. In a nutshell it's about being charitable to each other. And thank you for your compliment. Am all about uniting men and women in TRUTH and not FANTASY.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 27, 2018
streamsofjoy:

That's not true. I fit into all of these descriptions and I'm below 30 and I knw there are a lot of ladies like me out there. I'm married though

Most feminists are either or all of the following: Very old, ugly, fat, single mums and senseless grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by israelmao(m): 10:19am On Jan 27, 2018
Feminist knows her right by allowing her defence to be broken for peasant unlike women who are all over guys because of things.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 27, 2018
MrMystrO:

My dear lemme tell you, Feminism is a Farce! It cant work. The man and the woman can't be equal, One sex has to be higher than the other.. Either the male is Dominant or the Female is! Its necessary for our survival. It's like that in the Natural world with every species because Nature has made it so. For a specie to survive, the sexes have to perform different Roles.. in The lion specie, The males dominate.. in the Spider specie, The females dominate and are naturally bigger. In the human specie, The males Dominate! Why are we Humas always the ones trying to deviate from the natural order of things, Why? Think! Have a good night Ma'am.
we are not necessarily trying to deviate, we are creating a world for ourselves, which is something animals may not be able to do yet. we have reached a higher level of consciousness than those animals that is why we are called humans. if we decide to be animals and allow nature take its course we'd all die from various forces of nature. We are creators not followers.
The definition of feminism is still widely misunderstood. Nobody is claiming superiority over the other, they just want equality. I married a feminist and we are very happy together. We split all the bills and chores. we do everything. we both own the home. sometimes I think she's my roommate lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Cries As Lady Grabs Him By Waist And Smashes Her B*tt On His Private Part / Mr Nairaland - Elimination Round 2 / Cohabiting In Relationship: Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.