Stats: 3,156,021 members, 7,828,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists (21043 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Date Uk-based Nigerian Women / Reasons Why You Should Date A Petite Girl / God Forbid That I Should Date A Broke Naija Babe (2) (3) (4)

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by MrMystrO(m): 10:25am On Jan 27, 2018
iRyan:
we are not necessarily trying to deviate, we are creating a world for ourselves, which is something animals may not be able to do yet. we have reached a higher level of consciousness than those animals that is why we are called humans. if we decide to be animals and allow nature take its course we'd all die from various forces of nature. We are creators not followers.
The definition of feminism is still widely misunderstood. Nobody is claiming superiority over the other, they just want equality. I married a feminist and we are very happy together. We split all the bills and chores. we do everything. we both own the home. sometimes I think she's my roommate lol

I have stated that i won't Talk on this issue anymore as i feel i have already made my point. Nevertheless I wish you Guys All the best.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2018
Amarabae:
We feminists make the best wives.
Yes we do.
Feminism mould the perfect woman who appreciate,respect and value herself as a woman.
Feminism is not a war against men but a war against anti women injustices and inequalities.
Period.

you are married right?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Myself2(m): 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2018
Alariwo2:
Where you wan see feminists for Naija?

You dey mind all those dick worshipping du.mmies claiming feminists.
All they are after is an avenue to justify their cheating lifestyle, nothing else.

If you doubt, ask them to explain "feminism" in simple terms.. All of them will fail

LOL
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by streamsofjoy(f): 3:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
efesodje:

Most feminists are either or all of the following: Very old, ugly, fat, single mums and senseless grin

Ur opinion sha
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Olumaeme: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2018
themonk:

Saying no to feminism is very stupid i must say, calls for equal right between men and women should be an innate characteristic any sane and normal human being should possess.

Wasn't it white people that protested the racial equality years back and now they have accepted their wrongs and black still think they dont deserve racism when they want to only have subservient women in the society.

True! Most african women who claim to be feminists do not even have an iota of idea of what it means and most african males who reject the idea are just afraid of losing their imaginary ego or are just too religious to accept that women are just as human as they are.

This is the age of reason, let your irrationality fly away and give women equal opportunities and equal rights. Anyother thing outside this is not feminism and anybody who rejects what is inside this circle is not human enough.

In my view every sane human being whether male of female should be a feminist.

Feminism is crap

1. There's no separate law for men and women, at least in Nigeria, we all obey the same law, we are governed by the same law, then why is feminism coming to play?
Is it that there are things men can do that women can't? Women can contest and has contested for the highest office in the land, women are bosses at work, women are almost in everywhere we find men, so whats that feminism thing all about?

Infact there are cases where women even get special treatment, they don't post them to war zones (military), they have ministry of women affairs, women leaders in political parties etc that men don't even enjoy.

2. There are some roles women cannot do, not because anybody deprive them from doing it, they are weaker, and it's not the fault of anybody, that's how they are made, they cry foul and claim feminism when they don't get some of this advantages or they use it as bargaining tool,

3. We are living in a man's world, I don't think there's any woman in the top 10 richest list of any country, this world is dominated by men, science, education, technology, music Infact almost all spheres of life are dominated by men.
Men are intellectual brilliant and stronger than women, that why they are dominating

4. Old, bitter women are always the one shouting feminism, you will hardly see any happy, intelligent and determined woman shouting feminism up and down, because thy are busy making something meaningful out of their life, they know that men is not their problems and know thy are equal to men already...

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Boomboost(m): 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

The agressive feminists are just the feminists that you are shown on certain news outlets. They wouldnt even be considered feminists they are misandrists.
Please do research before forming an opinion.

Since I have to research before 'forming an opinion', how would you define "feminazi"?

I'm never quoting you again. You have a right to your behavior online.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by themonk(m): 4:34pm On Jan 27, 2018
Olumaeme:

Feminism is crap

1. There's no separate law for men and women, at least in Nigeria, we all obey the same law, we are governed by the same law, then why is feminism coming to play?
Is it that there are things men can do that women can't? Women can contest and has contested for the highest office in the land, women are bosses at work, women are almost in everywhere we find men, so whats that feminism thing all about?

Even when the founding fathers of america said all men are equal, they still discriminated against blacks. So whats written on paper doesnt mean anything. True feminism focuses on issues like why women were denied opportunities to attend school as much as men especially back in the days when this was rampant. It led to female rights to vote, it led to females not being seen as kitchen tools but also as people who have dreams and have the right to pursue them. People who have the right for self determination. People who are just as human as you are.

Infact there are cases where women even get special treatment, they don't post them to war zones (military), they have ministry of women affairs, women leaders in political parties etc that men don't even enjoy.

2. There are some roles women cannot do, not because anybody deprive them from doing it, they are weaker, and it's not the fault of anybody, that's how they are made, they cry foul and claim feminism when they don't get some of this advantages or they use it as bargaining tool,

You conflict the ideas, nobody is saying women are not weaker than men, that difference doesnt make anyone inferior or anything. A man cannot stand a lion in one on one combact, does that make a man inferior to a lion? Babies are weaker than adults so they have to get some priveledges like being cared for by their parents but that doesnt make them inferior. Weakness doesnt make someone inferior, if we are human enough we should care for the weak amongst us.

3. We are living in a man's world, I don't think there's any woman in the top 10 richest list of any country, this world is dominated by men, science, education, technology, music Infact almost all spheres of life are dominated by men.
Men are intellectual brilliant and stronger than women, that why they are dominating
How many black men are in the top 10 richest? Havent tou reasoned that this could be because of years of the cultural values of a black man and also the relegation of his worth. Go and listen to warren buffet, he says that if he wasnt male, white and an american he wouldnt have made billions. Most billionaires consider themselves lucky. Your enviroment and the social construct around it goes a long way to make or mar you. Women have been relegated by almost all cultures throughout history and thry just got equal rights a few decades ago and you say that they are inferior because they dont have much billionaires. Damn! Could we say you are inferior as a man because oprah winfrey is richer than you?

4. Old, bitter women are always the one shouting feminism, you will hardly see any happy, intelligent and determined woman shouting feminism up and down, because thy are busy making something meaningful out of their life, they know that men is not their problems and know thy are equal to men already...
All collective judgements are wrong. Btw most feminists ive seen are young, successful and vibrant.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by diluewunmi: 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2018
revolt:
so wth ur experience in a blissful marriage, where is the axiom "NO MAN(ur darling husband inclusive )CAN WASH MOUTH ME......come from? Anyways you know you feminists are weird folks, always making much ado about nothing. The fact there is space for competition, and a innate scale for measurement shows there's q problem. Don't know if your pops mouth washed your mum. Anyways o

Lol, so saying no man can wash mouth on me upset you abi. I see. Well, thats the truth. No man can wash mouth on me because i will not give that space. If i respect you as a man and you don't put yourself in that space, then i will make you understand where you should be. I am a woman who respect people alot and i expect same because i hate disrespect with a passion. If now, you don't get my point, i wish u the best in your dominating state.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by diluewunmi: 6:52pm On Jan 27, 2018
revolt:
so wth ur experience in a blissful marriage, where is the axiom "NO MAN(ur darling husband inclusive )CAN WASH MOUTH ME......come from? Anyways you know you feminists are weird folks, always making much ado about nothing. The fact there is space for competition, and a innate scale for measurement shows there's q problem. Don't know if your pops mouth washed your mum. Anyways o

Secondly, to mention my husband and father is rude of you. Don't try it again alright! Those two men, i don't joke with. They mean what the world is to me. So watch your mouth...

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by diluewunmi: 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2018
sonofoluku:

I hope oga will second it as you just said

Thank you. You just spoe my mind. Exactly why i am enjoying a bliss in my home. I wish every other home enjoys same. But combination of ego and claiming right won't make it work. God open all of una eyes. Amen
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by revolt(m): 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
diluewunmi:

Secondly, to mention my husband and father is rude of you. Don't try it again alright! Those two men, i don't joke with. They mean what the world is to me. So watch your mouth...
yea ...though I'm still trying to figure out how I insulted those men, but ofcos typical of feminists....always issuing empty threats and forming wonder woman with their pretty little foots .....park well o
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by revolt(m): 12:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
diluewunmi:

Lol, so saying no man can wash mouth on me upset you abi. I see. Well, thats the truth. No man can wash mouth on me because i will not give that space. If i respect you as a man and you don't put yourself in that space, then i will make you understand where you should be. I am a woman who respect people alot and i expect same because i hate disrespect with a passion. If now, you don't get my point, i wish u the best in your dominating state.
nobody is looking for who to dominate. I hear feminists always saying this while describing it as patriarchy....man generally doesn't even if ant to commit. He'd rather be alone and keep hunting. It's because of women man in order to satisfy her commits and while doing that he still wants to be in control of his life. Very few men want to control their wives.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by revolt(m): 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
chidichuddo:

you are married right?
if I hear
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 29, 2018
revolt:
if I hear

she never marry?

Cohabiting In Relationship: Right Or Wrong? / My Girlfriend Wants To Keep Her Virginity Till We Are Married: I'm A Guy, What Do U Think? / Jealous Dog Bites Man For Stealing His Doggystyle & Using It To Rock Its Owner

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67