Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant (53419 Views)

Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over, Leader Of Afonja Descendants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by sorry1(m): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

Lol..Cant you fight your battle alone,must you involve hausas?
yorubas will never fight their battles now they are stylishly persuading the hausas to help them fight their battle. That tribe weak me.

6 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
This should even have been a keyboard war between the yorubas and fulanis (at least on this platform) but nope, it's once more the usual Yoruba-Igbo grudge

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by deji17: 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chidexter:

Don't try to divert the topic at hand. I'm one of those type who doesn't look at all these tribal war going on, I act based on reasonable arguments if an Igbo bashes a Yoruba and what he says makes sense from my view I'll stand by him, if it's the other way round I'll also do the same.
No one is complaining about shit, if you want to come up with such statements you better have statistical and real and sufficient evidence to back it up else it becomes a poorly composed fairy tale to everyone. The topic at hand is how, why, and what can be done by the Afonja and yorubas in general to claim what was rightfully theirs. So stop bending it
Typical busy body Yebhoe. You will rather preoccupy yourself withAfonja, neglecting the plight of eboes in Benue state. Kwantinue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Sunymoore(m): 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
Interesting thread.. History should be taught in our schools..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ballerin(m): 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:
u hit am,i was talking 2 one of my brodas frm ilorin one day bashing dat stupid emir dat he is a politician,if u see ao he replied me.they have grown accustomed 2 dat guy lyk say na him b prophet muhammed.bt dey didnt knw history.
This is the same problem i have with some of them. Yorubas are far more educated than the Hausas, so why would they allow the sokoto caliph use religion to subjugate them like they do the hausas. Sokoto is different from ilorin in culture, language & history.
Yoruba Muslims should rather push for Ilorin as the headquarters of Yoruba Muslims with an Oba as the head of Yoruba Muslims... period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2018
deji17:
Typical busy body Yebhoe. You will rather preoccupy yourself withAfonja, neglecting the plight of eboes in Benue state. Kwantinue

K
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 6:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
For those pushing for national history to be taught, it's a welcome idea, but then unless every tribe reaches a general consensus on the path that historical subjects will follow, it wouldn't change anything.

Cos for all I know, different tribes can change, edit or shift some historical facts to suit their own

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Sunymoore(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chidexter:
For those pushing for national history to be taught, it's a welcome idea, but then unless every tribe reaches a general consensus on the path that historical subjects will follow, it wouldn't change anything.

Cos for all I know, different tribes can change, edit or shift some historical facts to suit their own
Then traditional rulers must be tasked to teach their subjects.. This way, kids will be brought up with their history

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ballerin(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
madridguy:
To start with, are you from the town?

Trying to be clever by half, are you from the town as well?
The point remains that Yorubas can practice Islam independent of sokoto calip.. if Hausas accept subservience, yourubas mustn't. They don't belong to the same class.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 6:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
Sunymoore:

Then traditional rulers must be tasked to teach their subjects.. This way, kids will be brought up with their history

Much better option. Well respected, and honest traditional rulers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by gozie112(m): 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Exactly. That's why nairaland, Seun, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 needs to push more history related threads to front page.

A lot of people don't know who Afonja is. They think it is an insult.

The fulanis in power were smart to remove history from our educational curriculum
I always thought it's an insult oo,,Dis tread yaf help me grin
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by principalgee: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hmmmmm, dis tori gidigan ooooooooo, afonjas are we ready?
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
interesting thread. bookmarking for future things !
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Firefire(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
BigBrother9ja:

Proudly Yoruba but NEVER afonja.

Yoruba = Afonja in some parlance

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by mommaJ(f): 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET. https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64524181
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
sasalite:

You misunderstand me, the Hausas are also in the same shoes with the Yorubas (they are both ruled by minority Fulanis). What am saying is the Hausas need to follow suit in this cause.

Keep waiting for the hausas. Majority of the Hausas have been brainwashed into seeing Islam as an identity and bond btw them and the fulanis. And all the Hausa elites have been heavily intermixed with fulanis, so how the hell do you want hausas to do this? A hausa man whose grandmother, mother, wives and inlaws are all fulanis, should now start fighting fulanis? Impossible na.

Majority of the pure original hausas who have not mixed with the fulanis are poor, rural and illiterate! These ones cannot do jack!

So just forget about Hausa people, they are a lost case! Same with Nupe people and Gwari muslims of Niger state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

The fulanis don't fight their battles alone.

They go as far as importing their brothers from Mali, Niger, Chad, Senegal even Lybia.

Keep waiting for the hausas. Majority of the Hausas have been brainwashed into seeing Islam as an identity and bond btw them and the fulanis. And all the Hausa elites have been heavily intermixed with fulanis, so how the hell do you want hausas to do this? A hausa man whose grandmother, mother, wives and inlaws are all fulanis, should now start fighting fulanis? Impossible na.

Majority of the pure original hausas who have not mixed with the fulanis are poor, rural and illiterate! These ones cannot do jack!

So just forget about Hausa people, they are a lost case! Same with Nupe people and Gwari muslims of Niger state.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by herich(m): 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
histemple:
I was actually thinking that this Afonja is a derogatory term like Igbo, Brown roof, developers etc.

Yes it is....
It's a name with reproach and shame

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

Hausas are fulani allies, and they are the biggest beneficiaries of the alliance.

Actually the Original poor unmixed hausas are not beneficiaries...... The beneficiaries of the Hausa fulani alliance are the fulanis themselves and the hausa elites who have intermixed with the fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ballerin(m): 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
HomeOfMe:
But how did we allow normads travelling from the middle-east through Africa to settle on our lands,capture it and begin to rule us? If this isn't slavery then what is?
They were jihadists who had journeyed to Africa to spread Islam through swords, bows and arrows.

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:
am ashame,wat a shame.am from ilorin and everytime i see ilorin history,i always feel helpless.those fulani are devils,nonetheless,am a muslim,thats d only thing i got from them wc am happy for.

Can you hear yourself and how silly you sound? Are there no millions of muslims in Oyo, Ogun, Osun e. t. c? Is it also the fulanis that brought islam to them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Sunymoore(m): 6:54pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yeah.. You spoke the truth.. But still, is not a lost cause.. The illiterates and the poors need education and leadership to see how things are played
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ivanalimi: 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nwades:
Nnamdi KANU said and I quote " Yoruba's are cowards" Nnamdi is known to be right in most cases, could he be right again?
where is the nnamdi now? he ran away from the government forces with tails in between is legs.thought he said he was ready to lay down his life for his beloved Biafra.the mofo is in hiding and cannot show his face anymore.what then is your definition of cowardice? where is Biafra now?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by scholes0(m): 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nowenuse:

You are very right about Nupe Muslims and Gwaris.

Niger is supposedly a North -Central state, but honestly, they behave more like North West. Infact, it would be better if they were Zoned there, while Taraba is brought down to North Central from North East to replace them.

They won't be missed. They always sabotage North-Central efforts to achieve anything.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by HomeOfMe(f): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
ballerin:
They were jihadists who had journeyed to Africa to spread Islam through swords, bows and arrows.
Wish we could still locate our history books,all these àre true..
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ivanalimi: 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

What are Yoruba youths doing about this? This is a taboo na...It's like having a fulani man in Imo state as our igwe...chaii! Aru!
this happened 100 of years ago now.what is the Hausa doing to the Fulani occupying their lands too?
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by BigBrother9ja: 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Firefire:

Yoruba = Afonja in some parlance

Never
AFONJA is an outcast bastard.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by greencard: 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:
am ashame,wat a shame.am from ilorin and everytime i see ilorin history,i always feel helpless.those fulani are devils,nonetheless,am a muslim,thats d only thing i got from them wc am happy for.
can any good thing come from devils?

Just thinking out lawd # no offence
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by KingGBsky(m): 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
Is it true that the Fulanis are kings in all the northern states?
Pls someone enlighten me.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ceragon123: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
FULANIS

*Most educated in the North
*Don't give a f@*k about hijab
*The richest in the North
*Don't care about going to mosque
*They have great love for Star beer
*Celebrate all forms of Sallah days after others
*Right to arms and weapons of all sorts
*Very friendly
*Most deadly and wicked
*Unforgiving
*Sexiest ladies yet only for them
*Highly informed through transistor radio
*Grazing rights
*Monopoly of cattle breeding
*Highly diabolic
*Extremely jealous
*fearless

The only tribe that drive developers away so their cows can feed on people's farmlands because they can survive solely on milk from the udders of cows.

We need to study and understand the Fulanis more before we can live peacefully and coexist better.

After a failed effort to arrest the Fura/nunu hawker by AEPB during their usual raid at Wuse II, she bragged in these words; "mu na sama, mu na kasa!"

Fight them at your own peril.

Nigerians, Start attending political party meetings, ( it is free, for your information) become aware of your political environment and start having your say, and maybe, one day, the gears of progress will start turning so we can enjoy Nigeria since they say we cannot divide.

This is the ONLY way to make things right as we have a lot of cowards within the system that will not allow revolution and referendum to take place for reasons best know to them.

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by supereagle(m): 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
OPC
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Dirkcoyt: 7:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:
u guys shudnt get me wrong pls,wat m hapi 4 is dat m a muslim and m hapi 4 bin one.moreover,no stupid bigot rule ova me,i v neva seen d emir b4 self,i dnt even live dia.no one can change d past,d deed has bin done already.Dey dnt own d religion 4 God sake.

listen being a Muslim or Christian or whatever religion is not a ticket to life. There are higher chances you won't be a Muslim if he didn't usurp your land , their higher chances we won't have Christians if the white man didn't put blacks in chains.

You shouldn't be happy with anyone who stole your birthright. If they really mean well they could have preached the religion without usurping your throne. they have the throne you have religion who ever have the throne dictate the religion in the land. ask yourself why Ilorin in a Muslim foothold.

I just remember jayz song

" human beings to a mob, what's a mob to a king, what's a king to a god , what's a god to an unbeliever who don't believe in anything'"

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Renames IPOB In Umuahia / Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) / Man ‘arrests’ Nsukka Deity For Making His Business Fail (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.