Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,882 members, 7,956,326 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:02 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More (55403 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment / It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million — Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Kobicove(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2018
Is that so?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Empredboy(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2018
Ephaig:

So I don't still how it's against God's will to prosper and be successful. Is it not the same God that said he will bless the works of our hands?
if you can't manage what God gives you then it's bad. if he blesses you with millions and you use it to commit sin it's bad. there are some people who can comfortably manage a little amount they earn but they become a beast ones they earn a little higher. This is what God is against
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 10:45am On Feb 18, 2018
LightSpirit:

At bolded, so Jesus too can be wrong? How you easily contradict Jesus to support your pastors... it beats me.
prove wat I said contradicts the teachings of Jesus.
was Abraham poor?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by justifiedcoyy(m): 10:45am On Feb 18, 2018
femidejulius:
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Mark 10:25

I have always wondered why Nigerian super rich pastors do not talk about the above quoted gospel which Jesus himself spoke.
do you mean one should be "poor" in order to enter into the kingdom?
what's your point?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2018
This one thinks he is a Christian....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by emerged01(m): 10:48am On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

I don't about God allowing his children to be rich in old testament and asking them not be rich new testament. I am a seed of Abraham and prosperity is my inheritance.
So according to u, if I get a good job of 1million salary, I should reject it?
bros if u re poor, dust ur ass and go and make money. The gospel cannot be propagated without money
The centurion for whom Peter prayed for was mega rich. go and learn wat it meant to be a roman centurion
Bro,you made my day. Abeg leave these hypocrites to die poor.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Pope22(m): 10:51am On Feb 18, 2018
I hate journalists and the way they interpret things. It has even affected the way masses understand things. The man of God is not telling the world what he is worth, he is simply telling the world that if you are a true child of God, that your worth is limited and that you are bigger than anything or any amount beyond human imagining.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Ephaig: 10:51am On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
if you can't manage what God gives you then it's bad. if he blesses you with millions and you use it to commit sin it's bad. there are some people who can comfortably manage a little amount they earn but they become a beast ones they earn a little higher. This is what God is against
Does this relate to Oyedepo or you are speaking generally?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by ehissi(m): 10:51am On Feb 18, 2018
[quote author=femidejulius post=65159746]"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Mark 10:25

I have always wondered why Nigerian super rich pastors do not talk about the above quoted gospel which Jesus himself spoke.[/quote

You obviously didn't listen to the video in full. It was an event to teach on the right mindset as to participating in financially in the gospel. He only made reference to what he was allegedly worth and said his wealth and worth is described in Philippians. He also made reference to Job, but you only saw the thread topic and..............
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Empredboy(m): 10:52am On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

now how do u know oyedepo's money controls him,?
it's between him and his God. but if I use people around me as a case study it's difficult if money won't control him. To prove my point, can oyedepo stoop low like other small churches GOs to visit the prison, or the sick? or share his time with the destitute without delegating the visit to a junior pastor? remember Christ eat with the sinners mark 2:13-17
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by excel101(m): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2018
I know the poverty stricken ones will start reacting in PAIN. But please before you start reacting lets know how much you're worth, because "deep calleth unto deep" .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Empredboy(m): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2018
Ephaig:

Does this relate to Oyedepo or you are speaking generally?
I have no business with anyone. are you his fan or worshiper?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 18, 2018
efesodje:

grin cheesy You no well at all cheesy
u self check how many of his members fit boast of 3 square meal a day, and yet he's bragging. he no make sense na

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by maasoap(m): 10:57am On Feb 18, 2018
onuhabel1:
what message are you passing now?
XKZ:

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Matthew 6:24 (NIV)
Looks like some of them are actually serving/worshipping money.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Ephaig: 10:58am On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
I have no business with anyone. are you his fan or worshiper?
Are you his hater?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

young man the needle eye is not the eye of the normal needle you sew with. its a gate in Jerusalem that is too low that a camel needs to stoop so low to pass through. its all about humility.
as for being rich, u can as well tell me how poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc were, and if u ever saw them in hell wen u paid a visit there
King of clap back oshe
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 18, 2018
Seriously? undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Empredboy(m): 11:04am On Feb 18, 2018
Ephaig:

Are you his hater?
but I told you I have no business with anyone. but you?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Ephaig: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
but I told you I have no business with anyone. but you?
That's what you said but your words betray you. Even if I told you I don't even attend his church you wouldn't believe me so why bother?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by NairaMaster1(m): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2018
XKZ:

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Matthew 6:24 (NIV)

In your view he's not born again? Because he's Rich?

So Dongote won't make heaven?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Empredboy(m): 11:09am On Feb 18, 2018
Ephaig:

That's what you said but your words betray you. Even if I told you I don't even attend his church you wouldn't believe me so why bother?
OK to simplify it I am speaking generally
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by excel101(m): 11:09am On Feb 18, 2018
Those that are pained will come and start ejaculating nonsense on Pastor Oyedepo's comment, as if they forbade money. If its so easy to deceive people and get their money (as they feel) let them start up a church and start making millions.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2018
Asowari:
u self check how many of his members fit boast of 3 square meal a day, and yet he's bragging. he no make sense na

Bros I just tire. Na so one guy for my office give he full January salary to church. D guy come meet me say he wan borrow small money from me to manage till dey pay salary, I almost slap the guy angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2018
Modified. Misleading headline cool

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by texazzpete(m): 11:17am On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

young man the needle eye is not the eye of the normal needle you sew with. its a gate in Jerusalem that is too low that a camel needs to stoop so low to pass through. its all about humility.
as for being rich, u can as well tell me how poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc were, and if u ever saw them in hell wen u paid a visit there

Naturally, you cling to Old Testament names. And you cite Kings and tribal rulers.

Abeg submit the names of any of the apostles in the New Testament that was basking in riches. Any of the disciples?

Charlatan.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by davidque007(m): 11:17am On Feb 18, 2018
femidejulius:
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Mark 10:25

I have always wondered why Nigerian super rich pastors do not talk about the above quoted gospel which Jesus himself spoke.
Since you like to wonder, Did you also wonder how Wealthy Abraham, Isaac and Jacob made heaven! Please stop this your rubbish mindset. A rich man who had his wealth by the strength of his power and not by depending in God to provide and prosper him is the one that Jesus spoke about. Let me tell you this, it is even harder for the poor to pass through the eye if the needle
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by WrathOfHadez(m): 11:21am On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

Gate indeed! Men keep springing new interpretation to support there ways.

Solomon and David were kings of a country. Abraham suffered and worked, Isaac and Jacob? Those ones no follow.

Stop misleading people with financial gains.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by kentebemoney: 11:23am On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

yeah free transport service to the gates of hell for hypocrites
I like your style,
All these evil people quoting nonsense, so Christians will be poor, so we'll be doing *yes sir* to Alhaji Bcus of money. God Forbid
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 11:23am On Feb 18, 2018
WrathOfHadez:

Gate in deed! Men keep springing new interpretation to support there ways.

Solomon and David were kings of a country. Abraham suffered and worked, Isaac and Jacob? Those ones no follow.

Stop misleading people with financial gains.
why don't u do a little research Google is ur friend
Isac did not suffer, he just planted and God gave the increase.
talking about suffering, can u fast for up to 3 days?
say wat u know
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by InfernoNig: 11:24am On Feb 18, 2018
True. I'm the richest in the world. #Mindset
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by BluntBoy(m): 11:24am On Feb 18, 2018
hisgrace090:
God is in the business of making people rich through covenant.

This is a fact!

See job 36-11/ its reads, if they obey and serve Him, they will spend their days in prosperity and their years in pleasure.

Which of the covenants I am aware of only two covenants in the Bible: The Old Covenant and the New Covenant (which replaced the Old Covenant).

If you want to quote aspects of the covenants, why not quote the more recent one, The New Covenant?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 11:26am On Feb 18, 2018
texazzpete:

Naturally, you cling to Old Testament names. And you cite Kings and tribal rulers.

Abeg submit the names of any of the apostles in the New Testament that was basking in riches. Any of the disciples?

Charlatan.
why is it paining like this na. If u don't give him, then why are u spewing venom on some one else's cash

The eunuch Philip baptized, did he become poor before the baptism or after the baptism, did Philip ask him to stop being a eunuch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Carissa Sharon; Lovely New Photos / Destined To Reign Devotional By Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.