Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? (13671 Views)

Buhari Doesn't Have To Debate, His Achievements For 3.5 Years Will Talk - APC / I Have Forgiven You, But You Have To Mend Your International Image~Obj To Atiku / Northerners, What Is The Plan Of The North For Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Amoto94(m): 10:06am On Feb 23, 2018
The OP is an attention is seeking bigot suffering from northernophobia. When has it become a crime to go about your business quietly without boasting about your achievements? The OP even had to lie in his final submission that majority of northerners he'd as coursemates had carryovers, well you are just another lying ignoramus who like talking others down just to boast of your imagined superiority which in essence is just nothing but inferiority complex.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 10:18am On Feb 23, 2018
EternalTruths:

A Northerner whose business grew by thwarting Southern businesses through monopoly given to him by Northern led governments in the past.
Don't count him because he never engaged in business competition
remedick:
bro, I have my reason for excluding Dangote.

Not that I do not recognize his achievements but truth me be told, Southerner played a huge role to his prominence. Who knew Dangote before OBJ's time? Think.

Dangote is a man who was given opportunity and he hardly squandered it. He knows how to make use of any opportunity given to him and that is why appreciate him.

I have my reason for excluding him.

You can see they barely have filled up the 20 slots given? Until the South stop fighting each other and see that they built this country to prominence and place Nigeria on the international map for recognitions and stop playing second fiddle, this people will not stop taking them for granted.
Many of you on nairaland are simply mad and confused kids.

4 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 10:22am On Feb 23, 2018
remedick:
I hereby call on Northerners of this forum, to please come and list at least 20 international achievements by Northerners that put Nigeria on spotlight among nations.

Before you proceed, please leave Dangote out of this.

Areas should be but not limited to

1. Sports (exclude football)

2. Science

3. Tech

4. Education

5. Medicine

6. Entertainment

7. Information Technology

8. Literature

Mr Attention Seeker,
All these so called achievements of yours by other tribes in the southern part of the country, how has it benefited you and the country? You talk of social vices and criminal enterprise, southerners take the lead.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2018
Amoto94:
The OP is an attention is seeking bigot suffering from northernophobia. When has it become a crime to go about your business quietly without boasting about your achievements? The OP even had to lie in his final submission that majority of northerners he'd as coursemates had carryovers, well you are just another lying ignoramus who like talking others down just to boast of your imagined superiority which in essence is just nothing but inferiority complex.
TheY were not much in my set. They were just around 4-6... I repeat they wrote carry over papers. Didn't you read where I mentioned one who did well? Na d failed ones dey pain u Fa? U and I know that based on my submissions, that statistics is very on point... The learned ones are few among the illiterate.

What is the ratio of educated northerners to illiterates?

Now compare same in the south. I don't hate the North. I still buy things from northerners including my delicious suya. grin tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 10:28am On Feb 23, 2018
maasoap:

Mr Attention Seeker,
All these so called achievements of yours by other tribes in the southern part of the country, how has it benefited you and the country? You talk of social vices and criminal enterprise, southerners take the lead.
grin grin LMAO... I don't engage in all these banters. I am sure an igbo brother will take you up on this lwkmd Kikikikikikikikiki
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by ProfDumbledor(m): 11:41am On Feb 23, 2018
quickberry:

I'm not an hausa but I will tell u more......what of Sanusi Lamido ?
Are u okay?
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by ProfDumbledor(m): 11:41am On Feb 23, 2018
quickberry:

I'm not an hausa but I will tell u more......what of Sanusi Lamido ?
Are u okay?
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by ProfDumbledor(m): 11:49am On Feb 23, 2018
furrr:
Jibril Muhammad Aminu(born August 1939) is a professor of cardiology.[1] He was Nigerian Ambassador to the USA (1999–2003) and was elected Senator for Adamawa Central constituency of Adamawa State, Nigeria, taking office on 29 May 2003. He is a member of the People's Democratic Party(PDP).[2] Aminu was born in August 1939. Studying medicine, he obtained an M.B.B.S from the University of Ibadan in 1965, and a PhD in Medicine from the Royal Post-Graduate Medical School, London in 1972. He was appointed a Fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Science in 1972, a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London in 1980 and a Fellow of the West African College of Physicians also in 1980. He was made a Distinguished Fellow of the Nigerian Postgraduate Medical College in 2004.[2]

Aminu was a Consultant in Medicine, Senior Lecturer and Sub-Dean, Clinical Studies at the University of Ibadan Medical School (1973–1975), and Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (1975–1979). He was Visiting Professor of Medicine at Howard University College of Medicine in Washington DC (1979–1980) and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri, 1980-1985. He was also Professor of Medicine at the University of Maiduguri (1979–1995).[2]

What did your Prof do in d area of medicine that gained int'l recognition and put Nigeria on the world stage? That's is the question. Are u an illiterate? You think studying medicine abroad and being a minister with no result is enough?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by MrMaestro: 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
remedick:

I am a southerner and our achievements is in thousands... I am giving the northerners 20 slots... I am not talking about local achievements. I am talking about international space that make other countries know that there are people in Nigeria too.

The South can't continue to be doing work while some others claim leadership...

He makes a very good point.

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Ofodirinwa: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
Enigma1000:

Why this sudden famzing with the Yoruba. Many have given you northern achievements and international recognitions. Yet you keep shifting the goal post. Dangote alone supersedes all our southern achievements. Because you want to bash The north, you quickly formed an unusual alliance with Yorubas and the Southsouth. This won't still stop you from opening another thread and start throwing fireballs of insults on the Yoruba. You yourself what have you achieved should be the case. How does southern achievement become yours. I ll be a fool bragging about my parents wealth, if they make their money, I ll make mine too independently

Dangote is the only one i'll count. The rest are a list of people with government jobs and people that found gainful employment in the US. I'm sure in your family, having a job is rare, but it's not an 'international achievement'. Ribadu? come on lol. I'm proud of my parents wealth, it motivates me to make more. No bragging here, just laughing.

6 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
ProfDumbledor:

What did your Prof do in d area of medicine that gained int'l recognition and put Nigeria on the world stage? That's is the question. Are u an illiterate? You think studying medicine abroad and being a minister with no result is enough?
May wisdom fall on you million times. EVEN those who made attempt to list their achievements FAILED woefully in answering the MAIN question. They FAILED to see that the question posed here is VERY SPECIFIC, not broad. we are not talking about just achievements, Nigerians are generally determined and they strive to do SOMETHING in whatever capacity they deem fit.

However, the question here has been narrowed down SPECIFICALLY... how those who listed achievements missed it still baffles me. Well, like I said, I have achieved my goal.

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by MrMaestro: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
remedick:

I don't hate the North, I hate the obvious abuse of rights of other ethnic group by the North. You always want to have your way in everything which hardly ever move this country forward.

One of the reasons Igbos and Yoruba fight is because they are proud of their achievements, they have something to boast on, it is merely ego-war and nothing more, not even close to killing each other.

The South often times have been the one putting the name of this country on global watch with their achievements in all the listed areas in the OP... and so far so good, only Dangote stands out.

Lamido Sanusi , the current emir is among the few sane Northerners that exist, going by his antecedence. Last year, he showed you guys your weakest point but you all attacked him and almost removed him from that throne. The man had to keep quiet ever since.

Okay, Dangote is the ONLY global achievement from the North for Nigeria.

Thread closed. Thank you all for your time.

I'm Yoruba and I agree with this honestly. And he hasn't even garnered that position through fair business practice. The first african to fly around the world solo?!? Southerner: yoruba: Admilola Odunjinrin. The computer scientist to develop the computer before it was widespread, southerner, Igbo: Philip Emeagwali. First African bobsledding team? Nigerian: Mix of yoruba and Igbo. International literary scholars? Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Chinua Achebe. First African to win Nobel Prize in Literature? Yoruba: Wole Soyinka. Heck CREATOR OF NAIRALAND? I can go on and on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by MrMaestro: 1:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
Double post
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
MrMaestro:

I'm Yoruba and I agree with this honestly. And he hasn't even gardnered that position through fair business practice. The first african AND nigerian to fly around the world solo?!? Southerner: yoruba: Admilola Odunjinrin. The computer scientist to develop the computer before it was widespread, southerner, Igbo: Philip Emeagwali. First African bobsledding team? Nigerian: Mix of yoruba and Igbo. International literary scholars? Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Chinua Achebe. First African to win Nobel Prize in Literature? Yoruba: Wole Soyinka. Heck CREATOR OF NAIRALAND? I can go on and on.
God bless you bro...God bless you.

If you notice in previous pages, you will see where QuotaSystem, instead replying to the question, tried so hard to use the fight between Yorubas and Igbos to scatter the thread because THEY GAIN a lot from the disunity in the South by virtue of constant fight between Yorubas and Igbos. He kept tipping the thread to escalate another tribal war but I ignored all. What a shame! What a big shame!

The man that scored the golden goal against Brazil in Atlanta 96, Kanu Nwakwo, an Igbo man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWCl5ozt1EQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60IHef87JyY

The man that scored the winning goal at the final against Agentina was also an igbo man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xes5-LtkzQE

Remember that feat emboldened other Africans as well....It change the mindset of African football forever and according to Dosu Joseph, that dream is still keeping African nations going that one day, it will be the world cup that an African country will win.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/dosu-i-didnt-know-about-golden-goal-until-kanu-scored-one-to-beat-brazil-at-atlanta-96/

Though I had excluded football from this list.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by quickberry(m): 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
ProfDumbledor:
Are u okay?
Your forefathers are not okay
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
Y0ruba:
LMAO

I think it is funny that the Northerners on this thread are somewhat struggling to roll out names of their achievers. cheesy

They are parasitic. More interested in defrauding government and trading than science, education and tech.

Some buffoons have mentioned Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. A man whose major achievement was the elimination of almost 3 million direct and indirect jobs when he closed down 5 banks out of malice. A pedophile. An Islamic apologist. A contract scammer.

This thread promises to be interesting !

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Lightening: 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Like I suspected, you're just a kid.

Dangote was the king of commodities (sugar, salt, rice, flour etc.) since the 80's even before he delved into manufacturing. His main benefactor was his billionaire merchant uncle, Aminu Dantata (Dantata & Sawoe, MRS) and not any southerner. What a delusion of grandeur.

Google Aliko Dangote and Aminu Dantata so you can stop embarrassing yourself.

Any fool can become a billionaire enjoying monopoly. Dangote created his wealth from monopoly and government patronage. If you don't know this, you might just be the kid.

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Lightening: 3:40pm On Feb 23, 2018
Stingman:

Is being an emir an achievement to Nigeria?

Ascending a hereditary stool is also an achievement?. O di egwu!

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Lightening: 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
quickberry:

Abdulkareem Baba
Aminu

Aisha Augie-Kuta

Abdulkareem Baba? A common Alfa. Hm
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Lightening: 3:48pm On Feb 23, 2018
genali:
Mohammed Barkindo: Appointed as the secretary general of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

The office was zoned to Nigeria and he was nominated by our clannish president. Anybody could be nominated. But the question is what are his achievements so far as the secretary of OPEC?

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by medpren: 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
kayfra:

Philip Emeagwali is a fraud, otherwise good list.

Shame that the north have a significant dearth of achievements. Islamic schools kills the brain cells.

How is Emeagwali a fraud? The fact that he invented the fastest computer have not been disputed. Not even by those who discredit his doctoral thesis which is a different issue entirely from his invention.

4 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by medpren: 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
The OP is asking a very pertinent question. What are the fulani contribution on the international stage to bring glory to nigeria?

The contibution of the southern tribes are glaring. Wetin power-greedy fulani dey contribute to make everyone proud apart from terrorism and
blood-letting.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by chairman00100: 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
QuotaSystem:

That's their specialty...focusing on Lagos and Arewa while they abandon their undeveloped gully eroded red mud region, only to start squealing like disabled pigs once they start getting deported back or are given a quit notice smiley
I don't like joining in this tribal nonsense but I will like to say something here, if there is a tribe that should be referred as pig in this place it should not be igbos, because in Nigeria we know how each people lives, or do we start calling the real pigs here?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by emmysoftyou: 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
remedick:
my brother, you can see that for yourself. Struggling so forking hard.

I ask for 20, they are not even 10 yet and the 10 gan no even meet my spec... But I am being lenient. So far so good, only Dangote meets the spec...

I had to do this so that we can move away from the Yoruba vs Igbo fight and in order to make them see the bigger picture for once.

But you will see them feasting on the fight between Yorubas and Igbos.

It is sad really.
but northerners Re silent readers, they don't get involved btw Yoruba and igbo brawl.
Cos they know if they get involved ,southerners won't hesitate to call them names like animal,bokoharam,aboki,extremist. Etc
So I don't think they interfere in any quarrel btw southerners.
The ones claiming northerners Re Muslim Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Beautiful contributions. Well done guys.

Unfortunately what some of us don't realise is that even if 2000 names are provided they would never be acknowledged as satisfactory by the OP and his brood of trolls because the real motive on this thread is not to learn about our international achievers, but simply to reinforce the false narrative that northerners are underachievers who are unmeritoriously ruling the country the most (the predominant thinking in the East where unsurprisingly the OP and all his trolls hail from) so that they can whip up anti-north sentiments in the south. The author of the thread admitted this in black and white and that is exactly why they'd keep condemning and rejecting your beautiful submissions so they can keep saying the North cannot produce up to 20 achievers of repute. Inferiority complex at its finest.

But does this erase the achievements or their mark in history? Does this stop Aliko from being the most successful businessman out of Africa ever? Does this nullify Jelani Aliyu's patent certificate? Does this change the reality of the North's political, military and diplomatic superiority and prowess? The answers are NO.

In my humble opinion we can continue with the beautiful submissions to enhance our collective knowledge, but its best the trolls and their criticisms are ignored smiley. God bless Arewa.

You have been going on about Aliko Dangote and Jelani Aliyu all day. No other contribution from the north ? Approximately 60 million norherners and all you have to offer is two names. Plus you rank your barbarism, feudalism, and medieval way of doing things as diplomatic prowess ?

Wow!

3 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 11:38pm On Feb 23, 2018
fabre4:

Dangote is not a gift he is a poison ask those who are into business especially cement

Are you aware that the tech and media industry of the US is monopolized yet some smart chaps are breaking even.
Instead of wasting your energy whining about Dangote, why dont you go out there and compete.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 11:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
maasoap:

Many of you on nairaland are simply mad and confused kids.

The confused bigoted lunatic thought that Dangote was created under Obj do you really blame him?
He forgot that Ibeto enjoyed similar monopoly under Yaradua and Innoson is hugely benefitting from the 2014 automobile law..
A shameless failure he is, believe me

7 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
medpren:
The OP is asking a very pertinent question. What are the fulani contribution on the international stage to bring glory to nigeria?

The contibution of the southern tribes are glaring. Wetin power-greedy fulani dey contribute to make everyone proud apart from terrorism and
blood-letting.

The last time I checked, they have the presidency, one that you last experienced in 1960!! Damn!!

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 11:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
medpren:

How is Emeagwali a fraud? The fact that he invented the fastest computer have not been disputed. Not even by those who discredit his doctoral thesis which is a different issue entirely from his invention.

Who told you Emeagwali invented the fastest computer?

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 12:04am On Feb 24, 2018
Lightening:

The office was zoned to Nigeria and he was nominated by our clannish president. Anybody could be nominated. But the question is what are his achievements so far as the secretary of OPEC?

You are an illiterate to have said this, not only are you an illiterate, you exist in the darkest part of the globe.
You think there is PDP in OPEC to think the position was zoned? You must be cursed with ignorance.
Go and read how OPEC sec generals are appointed before disgracing the unfortunate sperm that brought you to life.

About his achievements, Barkindo is the reason your economy recovered from recession. If you don't know how he did it then ask your father.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2018
Lightening:

Any fool can become a billionaire enjoying monopoly. Dangote created his wealth from monopoly and government patronage. If you don't know this, you might just be the kid.

And you have been wasting your foolishness all these years when you had the chance to foolishly become a billionaire? Wow!!

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 24, 2018
EternalTruths:

A Northerner whose business grew by thwarting Southern businesses through monopoly given to him by Northern led governments in the past.

Don't count him because he never engaged in business competition
big lie dangote became a dollar billion during 99-2017 when obj and gej where leaders shame on u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu / Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari / Governor Oshiomole's Wife Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.