Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (147189 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
agboedeh:

I'll get a male as well.

OK fine

I guess you're inspired by my boys lol wink
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
ThrowbacK Thursday

So since today is Thursday, I feel like comparing the current pic of Gustaf ( by the left) and the throwback pic ( by the right). Looking at how much he has grown within an interval of 8months overwhelmes me with nothing but just happiness.

When Gustaf arrived newly, he looked fat and thick ( large bones not ticks) so i thought he'd remain that way but nope, in weeks time his structure diverted immediately to what i call "a working dog structure". Unlike the tan and black colour which is dominant in gsds, Gustaf is a sable colour short coated German shepherd, just the colour I've longed to own and I'm glad today i do.

I would have loved if Gustaf has bigger bones and larger paws at least, which is of more quality but that doesn't bother me now, what does is his lack of guard instinct to fully defend his territory which i discussed with the breeder i got him from and he said i shouldn't be disturbed because he's still a boy, assuring me that the nerves would kick in at the right time probably from 12-15months of age which is before December.

I see Gustaf as a wonderful energetic gsd because he has a lot of strength, speed, alert and hardly gets tired unlike lazy Murphy *smiles*. It takes a focused person to walk and control Gustaf in order not to cause damage outside home.

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by agboedeh: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
animalhuman:

OK fine
I guess you're inspired by my boys lol wink
yea
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Teemothymass(m): 11:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
animalhuman:
ThrowbacK Thursday

So since today is Thursday, I feel like comparing the current pic of Gustaf ( by the left) and the throwback pic ( by the right). Looking at how much he has grown within an interval of 8months overwhelmes me with nothing but just happiness.

When Gustaf arrived newly, he looked fat and thick ( large bones not ticks) so i thought he'd remain that way but nope, in weeks time his structure diverted immediately to what i call "a working dog structure". Unlike the tan and black colour which is dominant in gsds, Gustaf is a sable colour short coated German shepherd, just the colour I've longed to own and I'm glad today i do.

I would have loved if Gustaf has bigger bones and larger paws at least, which is of more quality but that doesn't bother me now, what does is his lack of guard instinct to fully defend his territory which i discussed with the breeder i got him from and he said i shouldn't be disturbed because he's still a boy, assuring me that the nerves would kick in at the right time probably from 12-15months of age which is before December.

I see Gustaf as a wonderful energetic gsd because he has a lot of strength, speed, alert and hardly gets tired unlike lazy Murphy *smiles*. It takes a focused person to walk and control Gustaf in order not to cause damage outside home.
Please I would like to know which line is Gustav. Is he DDR
And please lime how much budget would I have to get something like Gustav.thank you
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by DerrickEbili(m): 12:12am On Jun 08, 2018
All our puppies have taken first vaccination 100% full breed please quality is not cheap Here at Ricky's kennel our job is to serve our customers so this week i'm giving very good prices for quality puppies get you a cute pooch now !! 
On this weeks sale 
We have :
Rottwielers 
Germanshepherds
Doberman 
Caucasian boerbul 
Lahsa 
Samoyed 
Call or WhatsApp 08067467747 there's a pooch for everyone !!!!

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Teemothymass:

Please I would like to know which line is Gustav. Is he DDR
And please lime how much budget would I have to get something like Gustav.thank you

Gustaf was bred out of a Ddr gsd (father) and a dam that has a "missing pedigree" but still a working line gsd. I believe the drive, look and performance Gustaf is currently exhibiting was acquired from the father's side and the mum as well

In a nutshell, Gustaf has no pedigree so that's the reason i chose not to include "Ddr" most times when talking about him rather i use "working dog/line" though he looks so much like his dad and a Ddr as well.

Talking about getting a Ddr puppy, I will assist you in getting one but the price may vary just depending on how the pup is bred, I placed an advertisement of some gsd pups last month for sale, they were sold between 80-100k but a pedigree Ddr will cost you nothing less than 150k

Mail me your whatsapp number if you wish to see gustaf's parent, littermates and half brothers as well because i won't upload any here.

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Eveezy(m): 11:30am On Jun 08, 2018
animalhuman:
ThrowbacK Thursday

Actually Sable is more dominant and black and tan is common, if u cross a Sable dog with a black and tan dog u will notice that majority of the puppies will be Sable. It normally dominates d black ND tan gene
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by rumenase(m): 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
Eveezy:

Actually Sable is more dominant and black and tan is common, if u cross a Sable dog with a black and tan dog u will notice that majority of the puppies will be Sable. It normally dominates d black ND tan gene

exactly what I wanted to point out sable is the most dominant color in GSDs, black and tan the most common while black is the least dominabt
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
Eveezy:

Yeah sometimes it depends, What if you mate a Black ( like drake)gsd to a tan female, what would the puppies look like?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Eveezy(m): 3:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
animalhuman:

Yeah sometimes it depends, What if you mate a Black ( like drake)gsd to a tan female, what would the puppies look like?
Drake kind of black is not recessive Drake siblings all have dominant black, and all produce black when they litter, so u will definitely get more black, but if it's a normal black Gsd that was like only two or one in d litter ND both parents were nt black, there the black is recessive.
Most black Gsds re recessive except both parents carry the gene. Or one of the parents dt is all black have been selectively bred to retain d dominant gene.
But most sables carry the dominant gene.
Am very sure if Drake is bred with a Sable, there will be more Sable pups, there might be long haired pups ND a few blacks but Sable will dominate the litter.
But if bred with a black and tan, he will dominate the litter

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
Eveezy:

Drake kind of black is not recessive Drake siblings all have dominant black, and all produce black when they litter, so u will definitely get more black, but if it's a normal black Gsd that was like only two or one in d litter ND both parents were nt black, there the black is recessive.
Most black Gsds re recessive except both parents carry the gene. Or one of the parents dt is all black have been selectively bred to retain d dominant gene.
But most sables carry the dominant gene.
Am very sure if Drake is bred with a Sable, there will be more Sable pups, there might be long haired pups ND a few blacks but Sable will dominate the litter.
But if bred with a black and tan, he will dominate the litter

You've explained well, maybe you should try breeding her to a female in order to draw with your conclusions. Drake is a nice working gsd anyway
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
rumenase:

exactly what I wanted to point out sable is the most dominant color in GSDs, black and tan the most common while black is the least dominabt

Yea Black and tan is mostly seen around, that's why a vet told me Gustaf is not a good gsd because he's neither slant nor has black and tan coat lol
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Eveezy(m): 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
animalhuman:

You've explained well, maybe you should try breeding her to a female in order to draw with your conclusions. Drake is a nice working gsd anyway
Yh, luckily I ve a Sable Gsd, ND when shez ready, Drake will do d work

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Eveezy(m): 5:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
animalhuman:

Yea Black and tan is mostly seen around, that's why a vet told me Gustaf is not a good gsd because he's neither slant nor has black and tan coat lol
Lol, some vets tho, Naso me dey always nod my head, when dem finish, dem go go. I remember when I brought Drake to ph, d vet I got said Drake wasn't pure breed, that Gsds don't come in that colour, said he must have Caucasian in his blood, I just laughed ND nodded my head
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2018
Eveezy:

Lol, some vets tho, Naso me dey always nod my head, when dem finish, dem go go. I remember when I brought Drake to ph, d vet I got said Drake wasn't pure breed, that Gsds don't come in that colour, said he must have Caucasian in his blood, I just laughed ND nodded my head

Lol there's God
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 7:03am On Jun 09, 2018
My efforts in trying to get these boys dewormed by tablets seems almost impossible talk more of getting them swallow other tablets like the Ampiclox and multi-vitamin. So i learnt from someone that inserting the drugs inside their food would be easier and less stressful so i tried this some months back and it worked for Gustaf.

Stuffs contained in the plate are;
Eggs.
Fresh carrot.
Grinded soya beans ( should be prepared like pap before serving).
Raw fish head.
Tomatoes.
Liquid cow milk.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Jungpablo: 8:51am On Jun 09, 2018
Eveezy:

grin I no dey argue with vet too o I go just dey nod

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by rumenase(m): 8:31am On Jun 10, 2018
animalhuman:

laff wor kee me
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2018
It's been long their soya beans finished so i decide it's time to make another, this soya beans combination isn't just as easy as it seems to make because i purchase everything differently, dress the grain myself in order to archive the desired result.

First of all, I'll have to visit the near by market to get the grains and groundnut;

1 mudu of groundnut
2 mudus of soya beans
3 mudus of corn.

(mudu is a small iron bowl used in taking measurements esp in the market mostly by the Hausas)

When i get home, I'd put on the electric cooker, then fry the corn and soya beans separately until it browns thereby giving me the desired flavour. As for the groundnut, I take it to a woman who sales/fries groundnut to do the frying for me, she doesn't charge me much just N50 because we're neighbours.
I don't know how to fry groundnut myself, pouring the sand inside the pot and all that just confuses me so i don't try it myself cheesy

Then later I'd head to a grinding center. In the picture below is a woman peeling of the coat from the groundnut and soya beans, she explained how harmful soya beans coat could be if mixed together.

I took the third picture while the grinding and mixing was going on, i help the woman in doing all these things to avoid my soya beans being wasted mistakenly.

Lastly, I fetched a little, prepared it with hot water just like pap is been prepared then mixed with soup and meat before serving

I like this combination because it's nutritious, the boys ( esp Gustaf) loves it and it rises more than anything when prepared smiley

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by skull2(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2018
Nice one.

Please can you estimate the cost of this food per kilogram?
vincentjk:
It's been long their soya beans finished so i decide it's time to make another, this soya beans combination isn't just as easy as it seems to make because i purchase everything differently, dress the grain myself in order to archive the desired result.

First of all, I'll have to visit the near by market to get the grains and groundnut;

1 mudu of groundnut
2 mudus of soya beans
3 mudus of corn.

(mudu is a small iron bowl used in taking measurements esp in the market mostly by the Hausas)

When i get home, I'd put on the electric cooker, then fry the corn and soya beans separately until it browns thereby giving me the desired flavour. As for the groundnut, I take it to a woman who sales/fries groundnut to do the frying for me, she doesn't charge me much just N50 because we're neighbours.
I don't know how to fry groundnut myself, pouring the sand inside the pot and all that just confuses me so i don't try it myself cheesy

Then later I'd head to a grinding center. In the picture below is a woman peeling of the coat from the groundnut and soya beans, she explained how harmful soya beans coat could be if mixed together.

I took the third picture while the grinding and mixing was going on, i help the woman in doing all these things to avoid my soya beans being wasted mistakenly.

Lastly, I fetched a little, prepared it with hot water just like pap is been prepared then mixed with soup and meat before serving

I like this combination because it's nutritious, the boys ( esp Gustaf) loves it and it rises more than anything when prepared smiley
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2018
skull2:
Nice one.

Please can you estimate the cost of this food per kilogram?

I don't really know what they weigh but I'll explain as much as i can.

A mudu of groundnut = N350
2 mudus of soya beans = N600 ( N300 each)
3 mudus of corn = N300 ( N150 per measure)

Total= N1,250

These combination can be very very difficult to grind so they do charge me between N200-N300 at the grinding center depending on the quantity.
N50 also goes to the groundnut fryer.

In total the cost of everything is = N1,600 which is very much affordable for our pets just that preparing it might be a difficult task for some but not me

Hope you're clear??

3 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Rany4all(m): 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2018
vincentjk:

Total= N1,250

These combination can be very very difficult to grind so they do charge me between N200-N300 at the grinding center depending on the quantity.

In total the cost of everything is = N1,600 which is very much affordable for our pets just that preparing it might be a difficult task for some but not me

Hope you're clear??
Do you add any other ingredient to this mixture, like source of animal protein for instance? And for how long does this preparation last for your 2 dogs?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Eveezy(m): 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
Rany4all:
Do you add any other ingredient to this mixture, like source of animal protein for instance? And for how long does this preparation last for your 2 dogs?
One could add fish meal, chicken meal, crayfish, or fish remnants. all of those or any of those depending on which u ve access to

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2018
Rany4all:

I used to add a 1 mudu of dry fish when they were still puppies so they'd get attracted by perceiving the smell of the fish but i stopped immediately they clocked 6months old because they eat almost everything with full appetite now

But it's advisable to add either dry fish, meat or any other source of protein. Just that it must be in DRY form

I feed them the soya beans only at night so it last up-to 2months

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Rany4all(m): 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2018
Eveezy:

One could add fish meal, chicken meal, crayfish, or fish remnants. all of those or any of those depending on which u ve access to
That's more like it...but just wondering though, can this mixture be produced in bulk and maybe processed into kibbles (dry food)?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Rany4all(m): 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
vincentjk:

I used to add a 1 mudu of dry fish when they were still puppies so they'd get attracted by perceiving the smell of the fish but i stopped immediately they clocked 6months old because they eat almost everything with full appetite now

But it's advisable to add either dry fish, meat or any other source of protein. Just that it must be in DRY form

I feed them the soya beans only at night so it last up-to 2months
Interesting...definitely something to consider sometime in the future.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by johnnyn1(m): 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
Thanks for this info..
I will give this a trial.

vincentjk:

Total= N1,250

Hope you're clear??
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2018
Rany4all:
Interesting...definitely something to consider sometime in the future.

Alright.

Processing the dry soya into kibble would be possible and nice, Infact i do reason it on my own but still lack the method used in processing dry feeds though.

If prepared well this stuff tastes and smells very nice, I even prepare some for myself

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
johnnyn1:
Thanks for this info..
I will give this a trial.

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Rany4all(m): 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2018
vincentjk:

Alright.

Processing the dry soya into kibble would be possible and nice, Infact i do reason it on my own but still lack the method used in processing dry feeds though.

If prepared well this stuff tastes and smells very nice, I even prepare some for myself
I believe it's very possible to make it into kibble form either through drying or baking, after one must have prepared it in a more thicker form like one would make eba and then cut it up like they do for chin chin.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Eveezy(m): 7:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
Rany4all:
That's more like it...but just wondering though, can this mixture be produced in bulk and maybe processed into kibbles (dry food)?
I have actually thought about it, but I am yet to try it. I thought about after grinding everything together ND mk use of it as flour, mk dough ND fry like chin chin, bt I dunnoe of dts how dey actually make d normal kibbles
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Rany4all(m): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2018
Eveezy:

I have actually thought about it, but I am yet to try it. I thought about after grinding everything together ND mk use of it as flour, mk dough ND fry like chin chin, bt I dunnoe of dts how dey actually make d normal kibbles
Kibbles are made with machines...manufacturers have different machines for grinding, mixing, pelletizing and oven drying, but I don't think this should stop one from improvising and producing ones own home made kibble.

Some fish farmers in Nigeria produce their own pelletized fish feeds, so why can't dog breeders and owners do the same?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.