Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (147632 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yababoy:
I am either around Yaba or VI.
I used to stay around Fadeyi, but now around Abule Egba, but work at V.I. Planning to move back to around Fadeyi area sha, we just will (not might) connect some day
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Yababoy(m): 11:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
okikiosibodu:

I used to stay around Fadeyi, but now around Abule Egba, but work at V.I. Planning to move back to around Fadeyi area sha, we just will (not might) connect some day
That will be cool...I work on VI also and stay mostly at Yaba. We could connect one of these evenings after work. Feel free to buzz me whenever u can too.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 11:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yababoy:
That will be cool...I work on VI also and stay mostly at Yaba. We could connect one of these evenings after work. Feel free to buzz me whenever u can too.
My office is close to Silverbird Galleria. Will pm you now so we can exchange contacts
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Yababoy(m): 11:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
okikiosibodu:

My office is close to Silverbird Galleria. Will pm you now so we can exchange contacts
Mine too is close by Silverbird. I don't get PMs here.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yababoy:
Extremely good...Alerts very well. He's also gone through some trainings (obedience + security), so he's doing a good job. His level of aggression when I'm not around could sometimes be worrisome though.

Wow, I think that's nice to hear, so do you own another dog too or just this one?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yababoy:
Mine too is close by Silverbird. .
Saved bro. Will hit you up now
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Yababoy(m): 11:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
vincentjk:

Wow, I think that's nice to hear, so do you own another dog too or just this one?
Just this one for now...but I've owned a pitbull and another pedigree rott before now..
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yababoy:

You see how Murphy and Gustaf are bringing people together

This is awesomely beautiful lol wink
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Yababoy(m): 11:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
vincentjk:

You see how Murphy and Gustaf are bringing people together

This is awesomely beautiful lol wink
;Dabsolutely beautiful

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:00am On Sep 20, 2018
Yababoy:
Just this one for now...but I've owned a pitbull and another pedigree rott before now..

Uwc, that's just nice
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
24/09/018

Today I noticed a change in Murphy's movement, he often leaps his left front leg, I checked it out only to discover this "wet paw" what Murphy has been battling for months now... I really don't know if this is a parasitic or bacterial wound but it occurs once every 2months as I've observed..

His right hind leg is also affected, thanks goodness I noticed it too so treatment was commenced at once.
I washed the wounds with hydrogen, applied methylated spirit and violent paint to it.

Hopefully the wounds will dry up and he'll be fine again.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
rumenase:

how tall is Gustaf at the withers?

I almost forgot your question lol, I got a tape yesterday and took the measurement this evening.

Gustaf is 2.1ft by width, I also tried measuring the length but Gustaf wouldn't keep calm, he nearly damaged the tape so i left him for good cheesy

I have no idea how measurements(length) are taken in dogs, maybe someone should give me a clue!
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by rumenase(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2018
vincentjk:

I almost forgot your question lol, I got a tape yesterday and took the measurement this evening.

Gustaf is 2.1ft by width, I also tried measuring the length but Gustaf wouldn't keep calm, he nearly damaged the tape so i left him for good cheesy

I have no idea how measurements(length) are taken in dogs, maybe someone should give me a clue!

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2018
rumenase:

In that case maybe I did the right thing then
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2018
Murphy is free from the wet paw, though the sore is not totally gone but at least he now thrills around the compound freely.

I'm happy i treated it, and I've also discovered an easier way of getting rid of that kinda sore that affects their paw. Instead of spending much on drugs and vet bills, the first aid treatment would do just fine if administered well.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2018
It sometimes bothers me that at 2yrs of age Murphy has completely changed from the playful Murphy that spend most of his time playing around to a mean lazy-like dog, always lying around the compound and barely run these days except when he's in the mood to (maybe after getting a cool bath or receiving a treat from me). I get worried because he's still young and yet, beginning to exhibit the characters of an older dog

My kid sister now refers to Murphy as "an old man" even embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by rumenase(m): 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
vincentjk:

that is good he should be around you then.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by rumenase(m): 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
vincentjk:

that is good he should be around 64cm then.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:43am On Oct 04, 2018
vincentjk:
It sometimes bothers me that at 2yrs of age Murphy has completely changed from the playful Murphy that spend most of his time playing around to a mean lazy-like dog, always lying around the compound and barely run these days except when he's in the mood to (maybe after getting a cool bath or receiving a treat from me). I get worried because he's still young and yet, beginning to exhibit the characters of an older dog

My kid sister now refers to Murphy as "an old man" even embarassed

I actually wanted attaching this picture with that quote rumenase I think I did it the right way!

3 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by abiodunbright(m): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2018
Please dog lovers I need help urgently, my 3 months plus puppy just started throwing up today but I have not notice any thing yet cux it refuse to eat. Anyone who can help me with advise should add me on WhatsApp 08142297046 or drop your contact. Vet around here are just looking for way to extort much money from my pocket, he said it will be parvo virus without physical examine.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by johnnyn1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2018
abiodunbright:
Please dog lovers I need help urgently, my 3 months plus puppy just started throwing up today but I have not notice any thing yet cux it refuse to eat. Anyone who can help me with advise should add me on WhatsApp 08142297046 or drop your contact. Vet around here are just looking for way to extort much money from my pocket, he said it will be parvo virus without physical examine.

What I do when I notice my dog vomits.
I give her 1mil of Rophegan. works for me, may work for you or not.

Modified.

Pls create another thread for this.
make @Vincentjk no fight u.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by johnnyn1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2018
abiodunbright:

What I do when I notice my dog vomits.
I give her 1mil of Rophegan. works for me, may work for you or not.
In your Dog case I would advise you give the dog 1/2 mil of Rophegan.
Modified.

Pls create another thread for this.
make @Vincentjk no fight u.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by rumenase(m): 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
vincentjk:

I actually wanted attaching this picture with that quote rumenase I think I did it the right way!

you almost got it right it is supposed to be close to the front legs just stiund the shoulders but from the figure you gave your dog should be around 64-65cm. how tall is Murphy since you say he is so short.
grin

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
rumenase:

you almost got it right it is supposed to be close to the front legs just stiund the shoulders but from the figure you gave your dog should be around 64-65cm. how tall is Murphy since you say he is so short.
grin

Lol, Murphy should be around 62 or so less haven't measured his height though

Exactly Gustaf is 64 at the shoulder.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Skullano(m): 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
vincentjk:
I took Gustaf home and then decided to do the treatment by myself, I google online and also got some help from people on Nairaland here telling me what to get and how to do the parvo treatment.

I bought each and everything i was told to buy including;
Antibiotics
Diastop suspension
Oral b salt
Drip
Palm kennel oil
Multivitamins
Glucose
Syringe
Toothbrush etc...

Treating parvo wasn't really easy for me but thanks goodness everything went fine and Gustaf rose again cheesy
Bro, can I get how you were able to admin this treatment please. My Rotti is down and ami have to aid him so as to prevent my Gsd getting the virus.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:32am On Oct 16, 2018
Skullano:

Bro, can I get how you were able to admin this treatment please. My Rotti is down and ami have to aid him so as to prevent my Gsd getting the virus.

Sorry I've been busy and couldn't see your question on time

Give me your mobile number I'll call u right away

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Skullano(m): 7:03am On Oct 16, 2018
vincentjk:

Sorry I've been busy and couldn't see your question on time

Give me your mobile number I'll call u right away

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Skullano(m): 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
vincentjk:
I took Gustaf home and then decided to do the treatment by myself, I google online and also got some help from people on Nairaland here telling me what to get and how to do the parvo treatment.

I bought each and everything i was told to buy including;
Antibiotics
Diastop suspension
Oral b salt
Drip
Palm kennel oil
Multivitamins
Glucose
Syringe
Toothbrush etc...

Treating parvo wasn't really easy for me but thanks goodness everything went fine and Gustaf rose again cheesy

Baba, I dey wait for your update oooh. My puppy is getting weak and no sabi venti for here
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
Skullano:

Baba, I dey wait for your update oooh. My puppy is getting weak and no sabi venti for here

Sorry bro, I've been busy

Will call you right away
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Yababoy(m): 7:26am On Nov 15, 2018
vincentjk:

Sorry bro, I've been busy

Will call you right away
No updates again...why? Took some pics of mine over the weekend.

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 8:39am On Nov 15, 2018
Yababoy:

No updates again...why? Took some pics of mine over the weekend.
Like i said before the only problem i face is just time but hopefuly i'll do that in no time.... btw your gsd is very healthy, how old is it?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:10am On Jan 22, 2019
Fresh pictures of gustaf, he keeps growing taller and more atletic as well but that's not why i got him nah... i need him to be a top guard gsd and i'm still not getting that result from him yet, i don't know how long i should wait. sometimes i doubt if he is still gonna change

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.