Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (147174 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by AfricaNigerian: 12:24am On Sep 14, 2018
Vincent pls post more picture updates na cry
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:39am On Sep 14, 2018
AfricaNigerian:
Vincent pls post more picture updates na cry

Don't worry soon I'll bro, just that I've been kinda busy these days

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Yababoy(m): 3:32am On Sep 15, 2018
vincentjk:

Don't worry soon I'll bro, just that I've been kinda busy these days
I've got a GSD that is almost same age as Gustaf....birth month is August too. I have attached the pic below.. Just to know, what was Gustaf's weight at 12 months and are you in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
Yababoy:
I've got a GSD that is almost same age as Gustaf....birth month is August too. I have attached the pic below.. Just to know, what was Gustaf's weight at 12 months and are you in Lagos?

Wow your dog looks magnificent i must remark, he looks so much like Gustaf, they might be brothers who knows lol.

Which kennel did you got from and when? Unfortunately I never weighed Gustaf to know his weight so I can't just guess but all I know is that Gustaf is lite, fit, fast and sometimes have his ribs displayed if watched closely. He has grown more taller in recent month and longer than I had expected... I'll try and take a picture of him tomorrow unfailing.
Nop, I'm not in Lagos.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by AfricaNigerian: 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2018
Yababoy:
your dog looks nice sir

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2018
Mid Sunday evening,
Murphy and Gustaf about to have dinner lol, not just dinner. They now eat once a day so it's a combination of breakfast, lunch and dinner cheesy

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 8:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
It rained heavily today, so now everywhere is dried up... Maybe we can have fun, practice some obedience basic commands and then take few pictures as well wink

Gustaf is so much taller than Murphy now, wow shocked I sure knew it'll happen but I think the gap is much.

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by AfricaNigerian: 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2018
vincentjk:
Mid Sunday evening,
Murphy and Gustaf about to have dinner lol, not just dinner. They now eat once a day so it's a combination of breakfast, lunch and dinner cheesy
once a day?? Why
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by AfricaNigerian: 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2018
vincentjk:
It rained heavily today, so now everywhere is dried up... Maybe we can have fun, practice some obedience basic commands and then take few pictures as well wink
Gustaf looks like a fox ooo grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
AfricaNigerian:
Gustaf looks like a fox ooo grin

Lols, how?

AfricaNigerian:
once a day?? Why

When they were pups it used to be 3x daily but not anymore, they barely feel hungry because i give them enough everyday but just once
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
vincentjk:
Mid Sunday evening,

Once a day? Pls don't starve my Gustaf o... grin
Try to divide the ration into 2 (morning and evening). That way it assimilate better into their systems.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
I love ur dogs... Good work
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by rumenase(m): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
vincentjk:

Gustaf is so much taller than Murphy now, wow shocked I sure knew it'll happen but I think the gap is much.

how tall is Gustaf at the withers?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2018
PawsEmpire:

Try to divide the ration into 2 (morning and evening). That way it assimilate better into their systems.

Lolz, I don't think he's starving as they've gotten used to my feeding schedule, how do you do your own feeding ?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2018
PawsEmpire:
I love ur dogs... Good work
My pleasure boss
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2018
rumenase:

how tall is Gustaf at the withers?

I can't really tell for now because I'm yet to take the measurement but I promise to buy a measuring tape, take the measurement and let you know

Both width and length

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
vincentjk:

Lolz, I don't think he's starving as they've gotten used to my feeding schedule, how do you do your own feeding ?
Yeah.... Mine do twice... Most importantly, knowing what works well for u is key...
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2018
vincentjk:
Mid Sunday evening,
Long time no see bro, great to know "our" canines are basking in good health grin
May I know when you fee them: morning, afternoon or night?
Is true that feeding dogs at night makes them lazy to guard their master's territory?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2018
PawsEmpire:

Not everyone have the luxury of time to fee their canines twice a day ( as many do morning and night), and I also get your point about it assimilating.... More of chemistry at work......increased surface area blah blah blah, but for grown up dogs, they can do fine with feeding once per day. But sha, those that do it usually make the food very rich. It could have egg broken into it,boosts of liver, fish and meat, as added "Jara", besides the main course.
My mentor who birthed and nurtured my love for canines, used to feed his dogs once a day ( at night when he returned from the days hustle and bustle), and then picks a particular day of the week that he skips their meal, for their digestive tract to stay clear. The dogs usually do fine and if offered food that day, it just might waste ( except for his Boerboel that has a large appetite and doesnt know when to stop).
Also they occasionally eat grass. My mentor said they do it to clear their system. They know the particular leaf to eat, so you cutting it and bringing it to them could be considered a waste of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:42pm On Sep 18, 2018
PawsEmpire:

Yeah.... Mine do twice... Most importantly, knowing what works well for u is key...

Yup, exactly
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Long time no see bro, great to know "our" canines are basking in good health grin
May I know when you fee them: morning, afternoon or night?
Is true that feeding dogs at night makes them lazy to guard their master's territory?

Lolz, I feed them just once a day, that has been my method, I reduce the feeding from 2x a day once they are grown.

Well, I don't think that's true o... If you don't feed your dog at night/evening then when should the feeding be done nah?

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Not everyone have the luxury of time to fee their canines twice a day ( as many do morning and night), and I also get your point about it assimilating.... More of chemistry at work......increased surface area blah blah blah, but for grown up dogs, they can do fine with feeding once per day. But sha, those that do it usually make the food very rich. It could have egg broken into it,boosts of liver, fish and meat, as added "Jara", besides the main course.
My mentor who birthed and nurtured my love for canines, used to feed his dogs once a day ( at night when he returned from the days hustle and bustle), and then picks a particular day of the week that he skips their meal, for their digestive tract to stay clear. The dogs usually do fine and if offered food that day, it just might waste ( except for his Boerboel that has a large appetite and doesnt know when to stop).
Also they occasionally eat grass. My mentor said they do it to clear their system. They know the particular leaf to eat, so you cutting it and bringing it to them could be considered a waste of time

Lolz reading the last sentence made me laff so much lmao, I can relate to this ... Gustaf eats grass almost every Sunday and I wonder why

I used to think it's a kinda source of vitamin

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Very correct man.. Like I always emphasise, knowing what works well is important.. And I think it's not advisable u feed a dog raw egg. Make sure to use cooked whole egg, as raw egg whites can cause biotin deficiency.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2018
vincentjk:

Lolz, I feed them just once a day, that has been my method, I reduce the feeding from 2x a day once they are grown.

Well, I don't think that's true o... If you don't feed your dog at night/evening then when should the feeding be done nah?
Hehehehehehe. Wanted to be sure if it's a myth or fact. Thank you. I can infer from your post, that you feed them at night. Personally, I feel those that starve their dogs at night, expose their dogs to the danger of poisoning by intruders. Even if the dog is trained not to eat from strangers, it just might let it's guard down if the hunger gets unbearable some day. I keep enjoying your thread as always. It's terrific

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 9:22am On Sep 19, 2018
PawsEmpire:

Very correct man.. Like I always emphasise, knowing what works well is important.. And I think it's not advisable u feed a dog raw egg. Make sure to use cooked whole egg, as raw egg whites can cause biotin deficiency.
Actually, the egg is usually broken into the food from that start, before it is put on fire. So it cooks with the food ( the way abokis cook their indomie). But nonetheless, I learnt something new from you. You seem to be vast with canine knowledge, I have observed some of your posts.Please don't forget to always teach we newbies something new /educate us, whenever you can.
My question sir.....some dog owners usually stir their puppy's food with raw egg almost every meal, for rapid growth.... Could this be considered dangerous too? If yes, what are the best alternatives to this?
Jungpablo, con learn o
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 19, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Actually, the egg is usually broken into the food from that start, before it is put on fire. So it cooks with the food ( the way abokis cook their indomie). But nonetheless, I learnt something new from you. You seem to be vast with canine knowledge, I have observed some of your posts.Please don't forget to always teach we newbies something new /educate us, whenever you can.
My question sir.....some dog owners usually stir their puppy's food with raw egg almost every meal, for rapid growth.... Could this be considered dangerous too? If yes, what are the best alternatives to this?
Jungpablo, con learn o
Thanks for the compliment. And it's been quite educative reading ur posts too. To the question you asked, It could be considered dangerous over a long period of time. More preferably break the egg while the food is cooking and stir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Yababoy(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
vincentjk:

Wow your dog looks magnificent i must remark, he looks so much like Gustaf, they might be brothers who knows lol.

Which kennel did you got from and when? Unfortunately I never weighed Gustaf to know his weight so I can't just guess but all I know is that Gustaf is lite, fit, fast and sometimes have his ribs displayed if watched closely. He has grown more taller in recent month and longer than I had expected... I'll try and take a picture of him tomorrow unfailing.
Nop, I'm not in Lagos.
Awwww..sorry for the late response. Been busy this past few days to check in here. I got him from a friend in Lagos, not from any known kennel o. He has also grown a lot taller in the past months plus filling out better.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yababoy:
Awwww..sorry for the late response. Been busy this past few days to check in here. I got him from a friend in Lagos, not from any known kennel o. He has also grown a lot taller in the past months plus filling out better.
Bro, may I know around where you stay in lag?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Yababoy(m): 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Bro, may I know around where you stay in lag?
I am either around Yaba or VI.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Jungpablo, con learn o

No be only you o lol

I've learnt a lot from him also

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:22pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yababoy:

OK, he looks just nice, is he a good guard dog?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Yababoy(m): 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
vincentjk:

OK, he looks just nice, is he a good guard dog?
Extremely good...Alerts very well. He's also gone through some trainings (obedience + security), so he's doing a good job. His level of aggression when I'm not around could sometimes be worrisome though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.