Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,948 members, 7,810,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (147185 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ocn96:

Just like the OP said training our dogs requires love and patience. I have a male German shepherd that I trained to obey the 'eat command' when it was 2years old already. Guess where I got the motivation to do that, 'COLOMBIANA' movie ! I was surprised at the way her two massive mastiff dogs were calm while she served each of them RAW MEAT! . You should know how enticing it is for the dogs but they were calm until she ordered them to eat. It was the first time I got to know something like that could happen. But my two year old German shepherd dog would always drool gallons of saliva around me just because I was to dish it's food, sometimes he would even jump up and try to steal from the serving plate before I transfer the food to his own plate. After watching Colombiana I was determined to correct the misbehaviour in my dog. It took me two weeks of consistency and some little bite from my unhappy dog morning and night, before I achieved success with the training. What made it easy for me was that I had already trained the dog before to obey the 'sit command'. So now when I bring his food out, I order him to sit, then I dish the food, I then step aside, and I take a look at the dog as he looks at me, drooling in his seated position and waiting for my command. Some times I tease the dog by saying other words but he won't move until he hears the command 'eat ' from my mouth. The dog is 5yrs old now and still obeys the command. I also trained my female German shepherd dog like that right for her puppy stage when I bought her 3yrs ago. She still obeys the command till today.
The dogs make me happy, I really love dogs

Kudos OP

Nice explanation and great tips

My pleasure

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by smokey12345: 10:58am On Jun 29, 2018
good morning my bosses in the house...with the new passion for dog as I have stated earlier...a female Boerboel puppy was given to me a a friends friend though I gave him some money though it's not up to the amount for puppy.. but the puppy is not very active..i will upload the pics later I want to try take her to a vet first so as to know steps to be taken.. maybe to take her or not but I am loving the puppy already and I am looking for a Greeks goddess name to g oh very her.. I will. maybe join the family of doglovers soon...

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by smokey12345: 12:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
pls what's the breed of this puppy pls

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by smokey12345: 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
playing what's d breed

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Eveezy(m): 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2018
smokey12345:
Not a pure boerboel bro,
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by smokey12345: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2018
Eveezy:

Not a pure boerboel bro,
thanks sir...thats why I ask cos I am new to this...what kinda breed do you think it's crossed with
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by escoak: 9:56am On Jun 30, 2018
vincentjk:
The same spot but different filters, Gustaf really has a nice coat and beatiful sable colour.

I can't just wait for Gustaf's guard instincts to fully kick in, he doesn't just get tired and moves with great speed, barks in loud voice and eats 2x faster than Murphy. He also drinks a lot of water that sometimes leaves me in nothing but just suprise.

#Gustaf

Gustaf looking all nice. How old is Gustaf Now?

Looks exactly like mine - Roxy
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:36am On Jun 30, 2018
escoak:

Gustaf looking all nice. How old is Gustaf Now?

Looks exactly like mine - Roxy

He's 10 going to 11 months now

Can i see Roxy's picture!

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Mikkyjay17(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ocn96:

Just like the OP said training our dogs requires love and patience. I have a male German shepherd that I trained to obey the 'eat command' when it was 2years old already. Guess where I got the motivation to do that, 'COLOMBIANA' movie ! I was surprised at the way her two massive mastiff dogs were calm while she served each of them RAW MEAT! . You should know how enticing it is for the dogs but they were calm until she ordered them to eat. It was the first time I got to know something like that could happen. But my two year old German shepherd dog would always drool gallons of saliva around me just because I was to dish it's food, sometimes he would even jump up and try to steal from the serving plate before I transfer the food to his own plate. After watching Colombiana I was determined to correct the misbehaviour in my dog. It took me two weeks of consistency and some little bite from my unhappy dog morning and night, before I achieved success with the training. What made it easy for me was that I had already trained the dog before to obey the 'sit command'. So now when I bring his food out, I order him to sit, then I dish the food, I then step aside, and I take a look at the dog as he looks at me, drooling in his seated position and waiting for my command. Some times I tease the dog by saying other words but he won't move until he hears the command 'eat ' from my mouth. The dog is 5yrs old now and still obeys the command. I also trained my female German shepherd dog like that right for her puppy stage when I bought her 3yrs ago. She still obeys the command till today.
The dogs make me happy, I really love dogs

Kudos OP

I like your narratives style but wouldn't love it, if it there are no pictures of your dog to complement it. I need their pictures.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Lomprico2: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
smokey12345:

Nnkita! grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by escoak: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2018
vincentjk:

He's 10 going to 11 months now

Can i see Roxy's picture!

Sure. Here's Roxy. She's 8 months

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2018
escoak:

She's not a pure gsd but looks good

What matters most is love tho
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by keziah123: 7:30am On Jul 02, 2018
escoak:

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2018
Lonely days cry

Murphy and i have faced serious issues within just two years, Infact there came a time i even put Murphy up for adoption (even Nairalanders were very surprised seeing these pictures) and a lot of compliments and questions were asked.

Someone bought Murphy, my dog wasn't happy at all leaving home and i felt so guilty within myself, having lonely days through out without seeing Murphy cry . After two days, I returned the client's money and took Murphy home because money can't just buy love at all.

Murphy was round 1yr 3-5months when this happened.

8 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Rany4all(m): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2018
Nice shots @vincentjk ...it would seem your photography skills or camera, or both have suddenly improved wink
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2018
Rany4all:
Nice shots @vincentjk ...it would seem your photography skills or camera, or both have suddenly improved wink

Lol oga Rany, actually i hired a professional photographer to take some shots for me.. He was much younger when the pictures were taken, more than a year ago now... Lol

How're your pets?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Rany4all(m): 11:03am On Jul 03, 2018
vincentjk:

Lol oga Rany, actually i hired a professional photographer to take some shots for me.. He was much younger when the pictures were taken, more than a year ago now... Lol

How're your pets?
Makes a lot of sense now...the pictures really did justice to Murphy.

My pets are doing well, thanks!
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by skull2(m): 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2018
vincentjk:
Lonely days cry

Murphy and i have faced serious issues within just two years, Infact there came a time i even put Murphy up for adoption (even Nairalanders were very surprised seeing these pictures) and a lot of compliments and questions were asked.

Someone bought Murphy, my dog wasn't happy at all leaving home and i felt so guilty within myself, having lonely days through out without seeing Murphy cry . After two days, I returned the client's money and took Murphy home because money can't just buy love at all.

Beautiful pictures.
You can use one of these to make an official portrait for Governor Murphy.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by TIDDOLL(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2018
vincentjk:
Lonely days cry

It is what it is bro, when you love your Dog cheesy, it is a forever bond.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2018
TIDDOLL:

It is what it is bro, when you love your Dog cheesy, it is a forever bond.

Lol, I stand with you on that o
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2018
skull2:

Beautiful pictures.
You can use one of these to make an official portrait for Governor Murphy.

*Smiles* I'll tell Murphy you called him a governor when i get home
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by CDCEO001: 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2018
vincentjk:
Lonely days cry

You are lucky the client haven't fallen in love with Murphy at the time, they would have been like "sorry the deal is done, please go look for another dog".
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2018
CDCEO001:

You are lucky the client haven't fallen in love with Murphy at the time, they would have been like "sorry the deal is done, please go look for another dog".

Lol yea, but God can never fail though, I believe everything was scheduled and it's making our bound bigger (I and Murphy)

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 5:41am On Aug 10, 2018
Gustaf @12months

I think Gustaf has almost reached his maximum height, though most times all he does is play around thinking he's still a little puppy lol

Murphy is doing good too, they're getting some bread from my kid sister

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 5:45am On Aug 10, 2018
Gustaf was born on August 2017, Gustaf and i share the same birth month and i think we're gonna celebrate it together cheesy

#Augustborns

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by agboedeh: 12:43am On Aug 11, 2018
nice pics.....I don't think Gustaf is done growing ooo just continue feeding well,u will see more wonders
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
agboedeh:
nice pics.....I don't think Gustaf is done growing ooo
just continue feeding well,u will see more wonders

Yes he's still growing tho he's the lanky type
Tall and very fit
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by DrinkWater10: 2:00am On Sep 11, 2018
Rany4all:
No it's not an antibiotic, but rather an antiparasitic drug that is effective against a wide range of parasites that infest both animals and humans.

Its almost like a wonder drug in vet practice because many animal diseases are caused by parasites. They use it against ticks, lice, mange mites, maggots (myaiasis), worms, etc, etc...
please how much does ivermectin go for
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Rany4all(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2018
DrinkWater10:

please how much does ivermectin go for
A 50ml vial of Ivermectin injection costs about 4k in Yenagoa...may be different in your location.

Not sure about the cost of the oral forms though.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Kayfactor02: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2018
smokey12345:
playing what's d breed
it is a boerboel but not pure
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
oladunni456:
wongpre:Hi petlanders, great dogs you gat there bro. I have a question though,my female dog is about 7mths just got impregnated by my male dog who's 5 years. The thing is I heard she may never grow again, how true is this Pls? Thanks You shouldn't have done the mating in the first place7

I don't get your question, please repeat it again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.