Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady (44671 Views)

My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother / 12-year-old Boy Destroys His Mothers House Because She Took His Phone Away / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
ibietela2:

shocked shocked
. Why you dey look me like that? No be u wan marry? Or re an employed teacher now?
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
ibietela2:

shocked shocked
. Why you dey look me like that? No be u wan marry? Or re you an employed teacher now?
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Coldfeets: 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
uyaima:
My Dear,your own matter tiny.my own b say,mine younger broda say make i go marry,bcus say him want 2 marry.n i dy live 4 d room way my father give me b4 him die 4 d same compound way my broda dy(family house).him say,d wife way him wnt marry no go live with me 4 d same compound,so,make i pack my load n leave.My dear,my age big pass ur own(thirty three) but i no dy fear,bcus i don c lady of 40yrs wed.I just dy thank papa God,wen der is life,der is hope.

But aunty why are you not married by 33?

Are you a lesbian or what?
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by ibietela2(m): 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
. Why you dey look me like that? No be u wan marry? Or re you an employed teacher now?

Which one is employed teacher again? Did you speak wrong english that am correcting?

Was shocked that you want to sponsor our wedding o.
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
ibietela2:

Which one is employed teacher again? Did you speak wrong english that am correcting?

Was shocked that you want to sponsor our wedding o.
. Sorry It was a mistake.Holla me when you re ready
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
It is good to get married but no one should be put under pressure to do so. Whether you are 28 or 50, you cannot marry yourself.

Please do not fall into the wrong hands because of pressure from family, friends, internet,etc. The same people that push you in will be the ones to ask you if you didn't see the signs before entering.

4 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Maj196(m): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
uyaima:
My Dear,your own matter tiny.my own b say,mine younger broda say make i go marry,bcus say him want 2 marry.n i dy live 4 d room way my father give me b4 him die 4 d same compound way my broda dy(family house).him say,d wife way him wnt marry no go live with me 4 d same compound,so,make i pack my load n leave.My dear,my age big pass ur own(thirty three) but i no dy fear,bcus i don c lady of 40yrs wed.I just dy thank papa God,wen der is life,der is hope.
Madam leave dat house ASAP... U don old... Haba

1 Like

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by SAMBARRY: 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
Prettiepearlz:

I tire oooooo. Foolishness abounds on this forum, I have read a lot to last me for this year on Nairaland cheesy cheesy
grin
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by MChaze25(m): 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
If I hear say I pity this one ehh..

Get close to ladies like this and run for your dire life..
A good market sells itself.
Nobody is perfect but you can try to get close to a pure & open soul.
I knew a girl that centered university at 15.
I was afraid she will loose her core value coz of her naive age..
She was also very beautiful.
All my concerns for was as if I was after her or toasting her..
She called me one day that she almost got manhandled by a guy in their student hostel coz she always enter their room to watch movies..
I advised her to stay off boys and make more female friends..
She was in the eastern campus and parents far away in Lagos.
At a point I had to give up coz she wasn't even listening..
Fast forward four years after graduation, she was a graduate at 19.
I heard she became a real bad girl while in school.
Sleept with so many guys
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by MChaze25(m): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
If I hear say I pity this one ehh..

Get close to ladies like this and run for your dire life..
A good market sells itself.
Nobody is perfect but you can try to get close to a pure & open soul.
I knew a girl that centered university at 15.
I was afraid she will loose her core value coz of her naive age..
She was also very beautiful.
All my concerns for was as if I was after her or toasting her..
She called me one day that she almost got manhandled by a guy in their student hostel coz she always enter their room to watch movies..
I advised her to stay off boys and make more female friends..
She was in the eastern campus and parents far away in Lagos.
At a point I had to give up coz she wasn't even listening..
Fast forward four years after graduation, she was a graduate at 19.
I heard she became a real bad girl while in school.
Sleept with so many guys.
She called me from the blue one day to wish me Happy Birthday..
But I have lost interest coupled with all the useless stories I heard..
Lesson:-
Your history will always follow you.
Your character is your good luck charm

2 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by mikebrown92: 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
ireneidiva:

Stupid question. Are you the one that gives husbands?
Another adelebo spotted...
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Justicealh3(m): 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
CastedAyo:
A Nigerian lady shared the reason why she left her parents home. According to her, she constantly gets into fights with her because she's consistently reminding her how her mates are married, and she's still in their house.

She said she doesn't have a problem with her father because he didn't disturb her, but she is uncomfortable living in the house because of his mother, so she decided to rent her own apartment.

As seen of The Human of Abuja page;
"I moved out of my parent's house last month because I was always getting into fights with my mother. She was always reminding me day and night about how most of my mates are married and I was still in the house. Always comparing me with her friends' daughters that are married. It got to a point where the house because very uncomfortable for me. Day and night that's all she talked about.

My dad doesn't have any issues with my being unmarried. I am not the only unmarried 26 year old, but my mother always made it seem so. I decided to rent my own apartment in order to regain my peace of mind. My family house is here in Abuja and I rented a house here too. I think giving them some space is just the best decision."

https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/i-moved-out-of-my-parents-house-because-my-mum-always-remind-me-my-mates-are-married-lady.html

My question bi say, what are U still doing
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by tooladapo: 8:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
lady, get married but on your own terms and timing. never bow to pressure from parents, family or society. no one cares for u more than yourself

2 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by karika2018: 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
Your mothers fear is that you may be a lesbian and she does not want to tell it to your face. You are not even in a relationship......

if you were in a relationship and you had break ups...i am sure your mother would not mind.....if you are a lesbian why not confide in her and sort it out with her. from everything that you said ..you did not even say anything about your past relationships and how you intend to move forward.......very unfortunate
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by mzangy: 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
I'm going through the same delima, even at a point I stopped eating meals from home.

Few days ago I almost moved out of the house to put up with a friend but for some reasons, I stayed back.
Sincerely speaking 60% of Nigeria parents don't encourage their children once they are back from nysc, rather they put unnecessary pressures on us.

1 Like

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Taiwo20(m): 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
Your mum is a woman like you and she knows the truth that you cannot be complete as a woman without a man.

Even if she decides not to marry.....she won't be complete as a woman ba?

2 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2018
Taiwo20:

Even if she decides not to marry.....she won't be complete as a woman ba?
. Yes,even you as a man,you are not complete without a woman. God that made it so is not stupid.
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by kenevision(m): 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
uyaima:

Oya put your profile picture nah, potential suitors may be waiting to slide into your DM
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by vena92: 10:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
IamAirforce1:
At 26, you should atleast be In a serious relationship
At your age you should have at least had 3 well known albums too.
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by bellesangel(f): 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
it baffles me when some people post without reasoning. YOU WILL COMPLAIN
- if she get frustrated and commit an abominable act
- if she get married to a wife beater[ why didn't she wait after all she is still young ]
- if she is jobless.
-if she brings home a poor guy

BOYS are every where, MEN are everywhere... HUSBAND with brains are limited.

babe, am in support of ur actions but ensure you don't misbehave in ur new apartment.
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Danix7(m): 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
One of d gud tin abt been a male is no one gets 2 bully u into marriage....i cn feel d pain of d op, yoruba modas ar most guilty of dis act, dey 4get dat dere neighbours dey ar tryin 2 pls wil mock dem if dere daughter end up wit a broken marriage....take ur tym gurl....marriage neva completes u....it just changes ur name
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Gofwane(m): 11:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
Dannieln1:
grin grin cool 5 bottle of Alomo is just a child's play cos u are a champ
grin yeah bruv, i ain't got time for any bulshii.
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by lagosrd: 11:56pm On Mar 04, 2018
SAMBARRY:
when the time is right
At least you should keep on working towards it and believe me in prayers and hardwork towards parenthood you will get their soon.
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Gerrard59(m): 12:30am On Mar 05, 2018
braimeddy:
So by getting ur own apartment, u think u have solved the issue? My dear I will advice u to go back to ur parent's house and just ignore ur mum's comment. If actually u really need a husband, a man will value u more if u re with ur parents than u being living alone.

If a lady who is staying with her parents in Uyo (her relatives also stay in Uyo) gets a job in Lagos. What should she do? Decline the job in Lagos because Braimeddy says men value ladies who reside with their parents? Or accept it and reside under the bridge? Or stay in where so as to be valued by "men"?

Go through your comment again, and tell me why I should not call you a cretinuous fvcktard?

4 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by SAMBARRY: 3:12am On Mar 05, 2018
lagosrd:

At least you should keep on working towards it and believe me in prayers and hardwork towards parenthood you will get their soon.
Mr unsolicited adviser who asked you for advise?
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by braimeddy: 4:52am On Mar 05, 2018
Read the story again, u will see that the lady in question and parents live in the same town. I'm talking about such situation. Try to understand some context here. I don't have to write down everything for u to understand
Gerrard59:

If a lady who is staying with her parents in Uyo (her relatives also stay in Uyo) gets a job in Lagos. What should she do? Decline the job in Lagos because Braimeddy says men value ladies who reside with their parents? Or accept it and reside under the bridge? Or stay in where so as to be valued by "men"?

Go through your comment again, and tell me why I should not call you a cretinuous fvcktard?

1 Like

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Hybridz: 7:41am On Mar 08, 2018
MhizzAJ:

Don't be scared and don't let anyone pressurise you into settling down with any man that comes your way simply because you wanna get married

Don't even let people's comment make you feel bad
There's still hope
Hope that's fading with time
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Hybridz: 10:45am On Mar 08, 2018
Tobycharles:

You v not seen the ones that were later made incomplete courtesy of battering n domestic violence in the name of marriage.
That's because, apparently, dey made bad choices.They didn't look before they leaped.
The fact dt someone ends up in a bad marriage shouldn't discourage one from marrying, but rather,one should learn from their mistakes,believe you won't end up like them and back it up with fervent prayers.
Do you stop boarding a cab/driving coz someone somewhere has had an auto crash? Definitely not!
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Hybridz: 10:50am On Mar 08, 2018
SAMBARRY:
and so what? If she gets pregnant before marriage,big deal?Na she be the first?

Pregnancy before marriage no be sickness
she isn't gonna be the first neither will she be the last,but many see it as a shameful thing to do.
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Hybridz: 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
givenny:
some mothers should please stop all these nonsense. A young lady committed suicide last month in Enugu because her mother was telling her to go get married. Instead of you to pray for your daugther . You did well young lady
How on earth will telling a matured young lady to go get married make her commit suicide? There were probably underlying problems,not the mere talk of 'go and marry Nne'.
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Omolego: 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
CastedAyo:
A Nigerian lady shared the reason why she left her parents home. According to her, she constantly gets into fights with her because she's consistently reminding her how her mates are married, and she's still in their house.

She said she doesn't have a problem with her father because he didn't disturb her, but she is uncomfortable living in the house because of his mother, so she decided to rent her own apartment.

As seen of The Human of Abuja page;
"I moved out of my parent's house last month because I was always getting into fights with my mother. She was always reminding me day and night about how most of my mates are married and I was still in the house. Always comparing me with her friends' daughters that are married. It got to a point where the house because very uncomfortable for me. Day and night that's all she talked about.

My dad doesn't have any issues with my being unmarried. I am not the only unmarried 26 year old, but my mother always made it seem so. I decided to rent my own apartment in order to regain my peace of mind. My family house is here in Abuja and I rented a house here too. I think giving them some space is just the best decision."

https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/i-moved-out-of-my-parents-house-because-my-mum-always-remind-me-my-mates-are-married-lady.html

It's normal. For mothers to. Complain, sometimes we forget there's no time for. Us. But me am happy when mama tells me to go and marry it means she still takes interest in me with all my stubbornhead.mother's love is bae

1 Like

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Hybridz: 1:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
PDPGuy:

That type of man is most likely the one that is scared of “independent” women. Because the fact that she lives alone, in her own apartment, should be a positive not a negative.
so,that a woman still lives in her parents' house means she isn't independent. Kwantiniyu oooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. / Best Solid (Nigerian) Meals For 6 Month Old Babies. / Newlywedded Nigerian Lady Discovers She Married “I Better Pass My Neighbor” Gen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.