Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) (25324 Views)

Sani Yerima For Trial By ICPC / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC / Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima Justifies Marriage To 13-year-old Egyptian Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by femikay149(m): 1:13am On May 05, 2010
guys tk it easy, u guys ve 4gotten abt the topic and turned this to muslims vs xtians,

This is what the alleged individual(YERIMA) wanted to do by telling BBC that even MOHAMMED married a young gal, HE knows in 9JA religious sentiments is high.

take for example, NAIRALAND has turn to a battlefied btw MUSLIMS AND XTIANS forgetting the issue @ hand, i can just imagine we were nt all hiding behind our laptops and pcs, weda a religious crisis wuldnt ve started, because of the trickery of a very irresponsible man

the issue is that wot dis dishonourable member of the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY has done is shamefu,illegal, come to tink of it he culdnt marry her in EGYPT because it was illegal, bt brought her 2 NIGERIA because anytiin goes in 9ja abi

lets just condemn this and nt put religious sentinment into it
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by vislabraye(m): 12:26pm On May 05, 2010
A senator marries and under aged girl!! Its a shame. Those of you apologetics trying to accuse pastors of doing similaR THINGS ARE SHAMEFUL. At least we know xtianity does not support such act. But I'm not sure whether Islam agrees to under aged marriage. Someone help me out here!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by EEVICTOREE(m): 2:16am On May 06, 2010
lwkmd!

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Ranoscky(m): 7:09am On May 06, 2010
Haba mallam, shey i dey crase? shocked shocked shocked

Why i guo marry that small 'Nyarinya'?

abi i no get am por sense kwo?

if i catch me walahi i guo killi me damburuba.

Haba Aboki why i do like this?

walahi Talahi na guod i guo punish me kanji kwo

Damburu ubanka shege barawo banza!!!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by JustSucre: 9:11am On May 06, 2010
. embarassed, l am actually disgusted and demoralized by this issue of a 49 year old man marrying a 13 years old girl, BUt thank God yerima did this in the open because, things like this l know(confirmed) happens in the north very well.(please dont shoot me yet), usually to the kids of the poor masses.They have no say at all, recently l visited a former colleague of mine in my former office (southeren part of the country)and the chief security guard(+ or - 55years old hausa man) greeted me and later on told me that he wants me to meet someone, yep no wahala, and he showed me this 14 year old girl ; thinking she is his daughter,l commended him that this girl looks like him too much, l said hello to the girl(who has fear written all over her face) and went to see my colleague.

But something just pushed me to ask my collegue who that girl is, and he confirmed to me, that the girl is his wife , christ, unknowingly to me tears started coming out of my eyes.He doesnt allow the girl to step out of the gate house at all and there are marks on her arms(was later on told the girl had lots of bruises on her body when he brought her,apparently the girl was forced on the man against her wishes.).

Things like this happens in the north and has been happening for along time and will continue to happen, unless the women activists/human rights group goes to enlighten these people up there about the evils of marrying underaged girls.

But since its supported by islamic rule of law(as yerima said), l dont know what else to say, cry cry.but as a christian my bible tells me to give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser, obey the government-rule of law.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 12:34pm On May 06, 2010
victor--- where did that come from

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Ranoscky(m): 1:12pm On May 06, 2010
Ayettymama

omo dis ur life no get part 2 oh . . .

Erin n'kpa mi lerin!!!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by isimili: 1:53pm On May 06, 2010
££Victor££

your cartoon completely captures this sadisadistic. GAAAAAWWWWWK!! I want to puke? when you read the articles and comments without seeing the senator and the child holding hands as a copucouple are simply filled with anger, shock and horror but when you see something slightly near enough to the sad situation, you feel like dying because it drives home the whole truth of the situation.

God please help us and get this guy nailed. Again All the senators who attended and witnessed this prelude to a catacatastrophicse of an innoInnocentld without leaving immediately and calling the police on Yerima should be ashamed forever.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 06, 2010
Any man who at the age of 49  marries a girl less than 30 years of age is a craddle-robber. I guess this will please Me-Aboki as it includes a lot of my Christian brothers, Shikenah, lol.  angry

Just for the laughs . grin grin grin
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by EEVICTOREE(m): 9:50pm On May 06, 2010
ayettymama:

victor--- where did that come from

I got that on Facebook,
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by EEVICTOREE(m): 9:54pm On May 06, 2010
isimili:

££Victor££

your cartoon completely captures this sadisadistic. GAAAAAWWWWWK!! I want to puke? when you read the articles and comments without seeing the senator and the child holding hands as a copucouple are simply filled with anger, shock and horror but when you see something slightly near enough to the sad situation, you feel like dying because it drives home the whole truth of the situation.

God please help us and get this guy nailed. Again All the senators who attended and witnessed this prelude to a catacatastrophicse of an innoInnocentld without leaving immediately and calling the police on Yerima should be ashamed forever.

Lwkmd!, U are in beta position to arrest him for Child Abuse grin
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by mi3(f): 12:48am On May 07, 2010
After people will be wondering why Laws are a big joke in Nigeria, Somebody will "defile" their 16 year old neighbour (the age is for emphasis), and The Sun will carry it as front page news of horror and the man in question will be publicly humiliated (all right and proper), Then this old man will go and marry a child and it's okay abi? They will categorize one as a pedo and having relations with a minor, while Yerima is what? not to be persecuted because why?, mscheww all these double standards are what make progress static,
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by EEVICTOREE(m): 1:24am On May 07, 2010
Clear pics,  grin grin grin grin

To see more funny comic goto
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-443120.0.html

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Neku(m): 11:13am On May 07, 2010
It is good to know that people are still concerned about child abuse and take the issue of the girl child seriously.For long i tot i was living in a country full of shit but now i realise that there are still great people in NIGERIA.Nairalanders please stop attacking one another,cos i noticed that posters are too insultive and attacking this days.Let us also make sure we post facts and not files and rumours.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by chiezy: 5:42pm On May 07, 2010
this is so sad imagine a former senator n former presidential aspirant which type of parents wil deny a little girl her childhood too bad
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by chiezy: 5:46pm On May 07, 2010
victor nice cartoon
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by EEVICTOREE(m): 5:50pm On May 07, 2010
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by harakiri(m): 1:05pm On May 08, 2010
Before we get all riled up, let it be known that pedophilia is still a strange term in the African setting and IS NOT A CRIME (especially when marriage is concerned).As much as i detest the practice, it's a part of our culture that has been in practice for hundreds of years.Some of the posters here were delivered when their mothers were less than 14 years old, so what gives? It's not only in the north but widespread in the south as well.Back in the day,girls used to be given out as brides between the ages of 8-12.So kini big deal?

Furthermore, i would appeal to all of you to look at the bigger picture.What this man did is NOT an act of sexual deviance but a political move.This is a man who fought tooth and nail for sharia to be implemented and marrying kindergarten brides is a big part of Islamic culture.Has anyone given thought to why this is happening during this fragile political period? He is sending a message to the south that the north will always do as it likes and the "Zionist" laws and norms which apply in the south don't hold sway in his domain.This is a political move people and nothing more.He might not even touch that girl till she turns 21.

End of!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 1:19pm On May 08, 2010
harakiri:

Before we get all riled up, let it be known that pedophilia is still a strange term in the African setting and IS NOT A CRIME (especially when marriage is concerned).As much as i detest the practice, it's a part of our culture that has been in practice for hundreds of years.Some of the posters here were delivered when their mothers were less than 14 years old, so what gives? It's not only in the north but widespread in the south as well
End of!

please point out some of these posters

teenage pregnancy is common, i wont call it part of tradition and i certainly wont call it ideal, esp when the children give consent, it isnt a crime i agree with that and tbh i dont really give 2 what hausa's/fulanis do with thier daughters abwg where u find a 10 yr old bride in th esouth?? abeg find am!! i think i know a bit abt tradition but i dont no that one, the last child bride i heard of in the south was 18!!!! we were even complaining!! i think there are more important/civilised people to worry abt! you have to admit, any grown man that can be the slightest bit sexually attracted to a child is sick in the head aint no 100years of sick tradition gonna change that!

my point, they are alla bunch of sexual freaks- hes not making a political move he is listening to his God- didnt you read his statement?? I think its abt time these freaks get cut off- im still yet to see the positive contributions these people make!!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 08, 2010
"Zionist" laws and norms which apply in the south don't hold sway in his domain.

Once gain the phrase Zionist is coined.

You guys sure have a BIG problem with anything Jews or Zionists.

Surprise !
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Ranoscky(m): 1:52pm On May 08, 2010
"THIS IS A MAN THAT FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL FOR SHARIA TO BE IMPLEMENTED"

B'cos he knew that if he marries an under age girl then, his head will be cutt off by the sharia law.

He has the plans of marrying a MILK feeding baby that was why he fought so hard 4 sharia 2 stop!

WHAT A SHAME!!!  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by edulink: 11:53pm On May 08, 2010
i am not adjuncating to equivocally champion coitus with female pais but i will invariably try to sensiblize every
uneducated or educated pillock here of which i strongly belive you numskulls will find colloquially enthralling that
in the genteel or civilized society which i am a supernova in,it is not uncommon or mundane to find embeded in the
constitution a phrase which legitimaze coitus with a 13 years old girl this age being the aevum of consentio in our
enlightened society.i ponder why you people from a barbarous,outlandish,oplgopolistic conundrum would find that astonishing.
this is a world of advice from a member of the homo sapianies superiorlis to the homo sapians.thanks for puting me
in such a state of ambroligosistios.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 10:44am On May 15, 2010
angry My God! This is unbelievable! Can this MAD MAN give out his 13 year old for marriage? This child-bride in question has not even learnt the use of all the parts of her body, not to talk about being a wife to this drunkard!! I've got a 13 year old sister and i can imagine her being married! cry This man should be castrated! What he is practicing is street Islam! Imagine sleeping with a toddler. He is a pedophile and should be jailed or treated as so! How about stoning the guy according to sharia law! grin    Shege shege waka waka
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by eros(m): 6:37pm On May 15, 2010
What a shame!!!!! Only in Nigeria can this madness happen. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by truly: 6:59pm On May 15, 2010
frosbel:

Lol. Now you are desperate I am so sure.  grin

THE PROTEVANGELION OF JAMES is not a book of the bible, never was, never has been. Its a book by heretics and is only used by other me_abokis heretics to justify false claims.  grin

One of the most documented and damaging facts about the Quran is that Muhammad used heretical "Christian" Gnostic gospels and their fables for material in the Quran
Proof please!
I know that any negative thing said about Islam by anybody becomes FACT and DOCUMENTED in your own literary classification
It is interesting that something that is not palatable to christianity is "heretical"
Were it said about Islam, it becomes mainstream to you
Seriously, do you think if Jesus Christ (may the blessing of Allah be on him) were to be able to comment, would really approve of your standard?
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by truly: 7:11pm On May 15, 2010
frosbel:

1. Did you know that it is estimated that there are over 60 million child brides around the world?

2. Did you know that in Yemen ¼ of all females marry before the age of 15?

3. Did you know that often girls are forced into marriage even at the age of 7 to men who are much older?

4. Did you know that the chances of dying in childbirth increases by five times for 15-year-olds as opposed to people in their 20s?

5. Did you know that a law passed in Yemen stating that girls must be 17-years-old to marry was repealed because some lawmakers called it un-Islamic?

Now you know. Get informed. Take action. Send this to 5 friends and do your part to educate the public about the threats of radical Islam.

Did you ever send anything to anybody about intolerant christainity?
Do you remember that when Muslims were rounded up in Jos in January, murdered and dumped in wells, it was greeted with silence?
Who did the estimation of 60million? Please provide proof for these "elegant statistics"
and they said all these are in Muslim countries?
The age of consent (not marriage ie age of fornication) in the vatican is 12 and in Spain is 13
Are these included or they are exempt because christians, being non-sinners, must be judged by a different standard
So every time a 13 year old becomes a father in the UK, we blame Islam?

I am really worried that in your unbriddled quest to condemn Islam, you are descending into dangerous zealotry where anything goes
Really, how do you explain your jumping from a "wild" worldwide estimate of child brides to a problem of Islam?

If you would care to think about it, in any society (Islamic or not) where people are illiterates, people marry early
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 9:50am On May 21, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt]

Shariah Council backs Yarima on marriage – Daily Trust

May 20, 2010 by Bunmi Awolusi

The Supreme Council for Shari’ah in Nigeria (SCSN) yesterday rose from an emergency meeting in Kaduna warning the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons and other related matters (NAPTIP) to stop quizzing Senator Ahmed Sani Yarima over his marriage to an Egyptian girl, saying, “Enough is enough.”

The agency had quizzed Yarima in Abuja Tuesday for allegedly marrying a 13 year old Egyptian girl, Marim Maged Eladely.

Addressing newsmen at the end of an emergency meeting, the chairman of the Kaduna State chapter of SCSN, Sheikh Mohammed T. Suleiman, said the grilling of Yarima by the agency was an attack on Islam and Muslims in the country, saying they should stop it in the interest of peace.

‘’We are urging Yarima not to entertain any invitation from any organization on this issue again. We are solidly behind him because what he did was in line with Islamic injunctions as contained in Quran chapter 4 verse 2, and we are warning all these agents of the Jews to desist in the interest of peace in the country,’’ he said.

Quoting Section 37 of the 1999 Constitution, the council said Muslims in the country had the constitutional backing to practice their religion without any hindrance and that any attempt to stop them from marrying any girl of their choice including teens should be seen an attempt to infringe on their right.

Source website: Nigerian Daily Trust Newspaper
[/size][/size]

Sura - 4 Women (Al-Nesaa')
Order Of Revelation 92, Verses: 176

[4:0] In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

[4:1] O people, observe your Lord; the One who created you from one being, and created from it its mate, then spread from the two many men and women. You shall regard GOD, by whom you swear, and regard the parents. GOD is watching over you.

Regard the Orphans
[4:2] You shall hand over to the orphans their rightful properties. Do not substitute the bad for the good, and do not consume their properties by combining them with yours. This would be a gross injustice.

Grounds For Polygamy*
[4:3] If you deem it best for the orphans, you may marry their mothers - you may marry two, three, or four. If you fear lest you become unfair, then you shall be content with only one, or with what you already have. Additionally, you are thus more likely to avoid financial hardship.

[4:4] You shall give the women their due dowries, equitably. If they willingly forfeit anything, then you may accept it; it is rightfully yours.

[4:5] Do not give immature orphans the properties that GOD has entrusted with you as guardians. You shall provide for them therefrom, and clothe them, and treat them kindly.

[4:6] You shall test the orphans when they reach puberty. As soon as you find them mature enough, give them their property. Do not consume it extravagantly in a hurry, before they grow up. The rich guardian shall not charge any wage, but the poor guardian may charge equitably. When you give them their properties, you shall have witnesses. GOD suffices as Reckoner.

I have read this I do not know where they are quoting from, >
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Ranoscky(m): 4:14pm On May 22, 2010
I don't wanna talk about religion, but all i know is that, anybody that gives out his/her underaged daughter for marraige, and any man that marry's an underaged gurl, and anyone that back's whosoever marry's an underaged gurl should all perish up in hell.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by avonlu(m): 10:42am On Feb 17, 2012
If you're looking for something funky, glamorous and show-stopping for your wedding day, go retro. While there have always been retro-lovers, the style really hit its peak recently with TV series such as Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire leading the way with 'lady-like' glamour. To celebrate WeddingsOnline's Karen Birney rustles up some glamorous inspiration and showcases 10 wedding dress that capture the 'retro' style so well, whether you see yourself as a 50's starlett or a 70's Player.

If you're looking for sassy retro style, Ian Stuart is your man. These tea-length dresses aren't just for showing off a killer pair of heels, they are also ultra-feminine and their full, kicked-out skirts scream 'Jack Rabbit Slims' (it's from<em>Pulp Fiction</em>, in case you didn't know!) The french lace on Cadillac is just to die for and gives a glamorous finish to the dress, while the slitghly dropped waist, sweetheart neckline and rouching on Cannes makes for a more demure dress, where you can let the shape speak for itself!

These Ian Stuart dresses are a little more 80s in style, while the cut is firmly Mad Men-esque. The full skirt on each are very playful, while the accessories on each give them a more French Riveira 1983 feel. Super cute and daringly chic.

Lizzie Agnew's oh-so-sweet creations have all the charm of the 40s, with below the knee skirts and conservative bodices. One of the great things about these dresses is they can be worn again after the wedding and passed on - not to mention appreciate - to the next generation!

These modern takes on a 60s look are incredibly stylish, though not for the faint hearted. They are very different shapes but encompass a 60s ethos of 'if you got it, flaunt it', but are also very aware that it's a wedding day! These would be perfect evening or day after dresses!

Ok, this may be going against the whole 'Top 10 Retro Dresses' topic but if this jumpsuit doesn't say RETRO GLAMOUR to you I'll eat that hat. Chiffon sleeves? Check. Diamonte sash? Check. Silk pilazzo pants? Checkarino! Very 70s, very Studio 54, very you,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu: Is Lagos Ready For A Female Governor? / APC: Shittu And Al-Hassan Locked Out Of Inauguration / God Discovered And Made Me Governor Not You, Emmanuel Tells Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.