Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) (25322 Views)

Sani Yerima For Trial By ICPC / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC / Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima Justifies Marriage To 13-year-old Egyptian Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by dexmond: 6:19pm On May 02, 2010
[size=14pt]CLASSICAL ISLAM FOR YOU! HE IS FOLLOWING HIS PROPHET'S SUNNAH[/size] grin
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by illusion2: 6:30pm On May 02, 2010
Me_Aboki:

If you can't see the connection then I am really sorry for you ( and he talks of the aboki way of thinking - what arrogance).
Well, let me make it simpler for you.
No, I am not justifying Yarima's action but merely pointing out to those who attacked him (naija-doll, Bongo-man, Purest Boy et al) based on his religion that their religion too is not any better on the issue.

Think hard,don't let babaric,pre-historic arab practices delude you.

And by the way,  Lets stop justifying nonsense in the name of religion/arab culture.

Again, are you not being just as myopic and religiously biased  as the people I have already mentioned?
Pre-historic/barbaric , ? I guess you have not been deluded by the christian value system that permits such babaric act in the Vatican City in this modern day and age.

Kindly ask the Pope to be responsible enough to expunge such babaric Christian law from his rule book , if you will please. After that you can feel free to stand on the moral high ground to criticise other religion and culture.

Me_Aboki (by the way the 'aboki thinking ' statement is just a joke) you are making some false assumptions.

1. All the mentioned are not necessarily catholics or christians

2. How the vatican has an age of consent beats me ,since majority of the inhabitants are bound by the oath of celibacy ,probably its for the saudi embassy there  tongue

3. Marrying off young girls follows the example of the holy prophet Mohammed(hence islamic & arabic connotations),adequate mention of the outset of menstruation being the rite of passage to womanhood is well documented in the Koran & Hadiths.

However,despite your reference to the vatican,no such laws exist in the Christian Bible.

4. You posted earlier that its better Alhaji Yerima marries the 13 year-old rather than the girl having boyfriends,getting pregnant & having abortion. . . .another false choice,because people can have accidents in cars doesn't mean we should all stick to walking to our destinations. Girls can grow up to become women and marry as virgins w/out the inherent danger of being forced to marry to dirty grandfathers.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by isimili: 7:42pm On May 02, 2010
Frosbel your views are every, honest, sensible and God fearing man with morals' view. Mistakay, you may disagree with me but i think that we must not use religious or tribal sentiments to trivialise a very despicable act which we must all frankly condemn as it offends decency, common sense, morality and natural justice. Clearly if the allegations are true Yerima has used his ill gotten money to exploit the poverty of this poor girl's parents in order to feed his perversion. If i have a say, the pervert must be sectioned, castrated and put in an asylum. He is a danger to young girls, humanity and the reputation of Nigeria. i agree with ijaw girl completely.
My apologies mistake but if you still disagree with me or remain sentimental about this man's heinous act then i regret to say that you are inadvertently supporting evil, crime against a child and therefore promoting ignorance and child abuse contrary to common sense, fairness and justice. I believe that this man must have been doing so many bad things against children and women and this is just his undoing by God and we must support law enforcement agencies in bringing him to justice. In the olden days in Ibo land parents used to pay dowry for young girls for their sons to marry when they become of age. They did not take such girls home until they reached the right lawful age to marry.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 02, 2010
Islam is a hoax whatever the religim breeds is evil. Mohammad took his sons why after seeing her unclothedness. He said Allah had told him to do so. Rem mohammad married a widow 20yrs older than himself&also married ayesha at 9yr. Nigerians dnt be suprised if babangida gets to power&decides to do same. It flows in the islamic blood.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 02, 2010
Those who attended Sani’s wedding Fatiha included Mukhtar Hanka, current deputy governor of Zamfara State, who paid $100,000 bride price on behalf of the groom’s family; Senator Kabiru Gaya, former governor of Kano State, who like Sani is also a serving Senator; Senator Maina Maaji and the Emir of Bakura.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by 700john: 8:22pm On May 02, 2010
toba:

Islam is a hoax whatever the religim breeds is evil. Mohammad took his sons why after seeing her unclothedness. He said Allah had told him to do so. Rem mohammad married a widow 20yrs older than himself&also married ayesha at 9yr. Nigerians dnt be suprised if babangida gets to power&decides to do same. It flows in the islamic blood.
wow! Common sensically, the age gap is enough to set in a generation , u not cite or quote law anywhere, common sense is just not common to us all, some are animalistic in approach to issues, others are even worst but we need to sanitized pple dragging our identity or imagine in the mud, the northerners need a rethink- dem don dey xhibit d trait of wettin dem dey breed!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by rasputinn(m): 9:31pm On May 02, 2010
Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima’s recent marriage to a minor has indeed stirred the hornet’s nest, with psychologists and lawyers roundly condemning his act.
A consultant psychologist at Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital, Osun State, Dr Oyewole Adeoye, says the behaviour of the former Zamfara State governor hints at a deeply seated psychological problem.

“He could be sick. He could be suffering from what we call manic disorder. The core symptom of that is sexual indiscretion or sexual dis-inhibition. It is the same condition that makes a man impregnate his house-help only to prostrate afterwards and blame the devil. It is a disorder where the sufferer loses all inhibitions (dis-inhibition)”

Pedophiliac
The psychiatrist further said Yerima’s behaviour borders on pedophilia. Asked to give a medical explanation to the term, he revealed that it “is a sexual behaviour where a man has a predilection for minors and they usually start by exposing their private parts to children. If a man prefers sex with minors, children, then he has a mental problem.”
Dr Oyewole also looked at it from social perspective and said men in Africa define their manhood through sexual prowess.

“In Africa, our sense of manhood has to do with sexual prowess. Men like to conquer and they see women they have had sex with as the ones they have conquered. That is why you hear a man boasting of how he ‘dealt’ with a girl even if he has erectile dysfunction. That is the way an African man thinks.”
Another psychologist and lecturer at Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Lagos, Dr Daudu Adedayo, described Yerima as a man with a psycho-pathological problem and high level of abnormality.
“There are so many mature girls including Muslim sisters. He could have taken any of them but he chose to go for an under-aged,” he said

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/may/02/national-02-05-2010-001.htm
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 10:11am On May 03, 2010
1. Did you know that it is estimated that there are over 60 million child brides around the world?

2. Did you know that in Yemen ¼ of all females marry before the age of 15?

3. Did you know that often girls are forced into marriage even at the age of 7 to men who are much older?

4. Did you know that the chances of dying in childbirth increases by five times for 15-year-olds as opposed to people in their 20s?

5. Did you know that a law passed in Yemen stating that girls must be 17-years-old to marry was repealed because some lawmakers called it un-Islamic?

Now you know. Get informed. Take action. Send this to 5 friends and do your part to educate the public about the threats of radical Islam.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Lisakingsdauta: 12:46pm On May 03, 2010
Wat does he want 2 do wit her?
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by MeAboki(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2010
@ frosbel

Did you know that mary the mother of Jesus was betrothed to Joseph (an old man at the time) at the age of 12 ?

That Joseph initially refused because of his age until reminded (threatened) by the high priest Zacharias of the wrath of god that could befall on him.

Why not also send this to 5 of your bigot friends and play your part in educating them. cool
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 03, 2010
Me_Aboki:

@ frosbel

Did you know that mary the mother of Jesus was betrothed to Joseph (an old man at the time) at the age of 12 ?

That Joseph initially refused because of his age until reminded (threatened) by the high priest Zacharias of the wrath of god that could befall on him.

Why not also send this to 5 of your bigot friends and play your part in educating them. cool

The bible does not mention their ages in anyway but we do know that Mary was a virgin and according to the culture of those days must have been at least 15.

And where on earth did you get these heretical stories about Joseph refusing to marry Mary because of his age  undecided

Joseph according to scripture wanted to put away Mary because she was pregnant with child ( of the Holy Spirit ). At that time, the marriage had not been consumated.  Later on when angel Gabriel appeared to Joseph in a dream he later took her for wife.

Have you now become so desperate that you now resort to providing false evidence from unbiblical sources to prove your case undecided

Just like it will be wrong to look to confirm Islamic behaviour outside the Quran and Hadiths, the same way it is absolutely wrong to look to confirm biblical events outside the Torah and New testament.

But with the Quran , the ages are explicitly mentioned of Muhammad and Aisha and the marriage was consumed when Aisha was 9 and Muhammad almost 60yrs of age.

Yet, according to Islam, Muhammad is the perfection of humanity and the prototype of the most wonderful human conduct. He married a nine year-old and leaves an enduring legacy for old Muslim men to fulfill their carnal desires contrary to natural law and to the life-long devastation of young girls.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by MeAboki(m): 5:18pm On May 03, 2010
THE PROTEVANGELION OF JAMES
The Protevangelium of James

CHAPTER 8:
3. And when she was twelve years of age, the priests met in a council, and said, Behold, Mary is twelve years of age; what will we do with her, for fear that the holy place of the Lord our God should be defiled?
4. Then replied the priests to Zacharias the high-priest, You stand at the altar of the Lord, and enter into the holy place, to make petitions concerning her, so whatsoever the Lord will show to you, do it.
5. Then the high-priest entered into the Holy of Holies, and taking away with him the bosom-plate of judgment made prayers concerning her;
6. And behold the angel of the Lord came to him, and said, Zacharias, Zacharias, go forth and call together all the widowers among the people, and let every one of them bring his rod, and he by whom the Lord will show a sign will be the husband of Mary.
9. After the high-priest had received their rods, he went into the temple to pray;
10. And when he had finished his prayer, he took the rods, and went forth and distributed them, and no miracle attended them.
11. The last rod was taken by Joseph, and behold a dove proceeded out of the rod, and flew upon the head of Joseph.
12. And the high-priest said, Joseph, you are the person chosen to take the Virgin of the Lord, to keep her for him:
13. But Joseph refused, saying, I am an old man, and have children, but she is young, and I fear, for fear that I should appear ridiculous in Israel.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by TewMuch: 5:22pm On May 03, 2010
Me_Aboki:

CHAPTER 8:
3. And when she was twelve years of age, the priests met in a council, and said, Behold, Mary is twelve years of age; what will we do with her, for fear that the holy place of the Lord our God should be defiled?
4. Then replied the priests to Zacharias the high-priest, You stand at the altar of the Lord, and enter into the holy place, to make petitions concerning her, so whatsoever the Lord will show to you, do it.
5. Then the high-priest entered into the Holy of Holies, and taking away with him the bosom-plate of judgment made prayers concerning her;
6. And behold the angel of the Lord came to him, and said, Zacharias, Zacharias, go forth and call together all the widowers among the people, and let every one of them bring his rod, and he by whom the Lord will show a sign will be the husband of Mary.
9. After the high-priest had received their rods, he went into the temple to pray;
10. And when he had finished his prayer, he took the rods, and went forth and distributed them, and no miracle attended them.
11. The last rod was taken by Joseph, and behold a dove proceeded out of the rod, and flew upon the head of Joseph.
12. And the high-priest said, Joseph, you are the person chosen to take the Virgin of the Lord, to keep her for him:
13. But Joseph refused, saying, I am an old man, and have children, but she is young, and I fear, for fear that I should appear ridiculous in Israel.

So even Joseph of then knew that it would be ridiculous to take a child bride, and sani yerima over 2000 years later cannot see the problem with taking a child bride.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 03, 2010
Me_Aboki:

CHAPTER 8:

Lol. Now you are desperate I am so sure.  grin

THE PROTEVANGELION OF JAMES is not a book of the bible, never was, never has been. Its a book by heretics and is only used by other me_abokis heretics to justify false claims.  grin

One of the most documented and damaging facts about the Quran is that Muhammad used heretical "Christian" Gnostic gospels and their fables for material in the Quran
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by shilling(f): 6:09pm On May 03, 2010
Me_Aboki:

Holy crap!! That aint the Bible.
frosbel:

Lol. Now you are desperate I am so sure.  grin
grin grin grin
. . . that was beyond words!! Some things should be ignored . . . but, then ignoring 'em will encourage ignorance. Well, now he knows angry
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by MeAboki(m): 6:45pm On May 03, 2010
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08504a.htm
Marriage
It is probably at Nazareth that Joseph betrothed and married her who was to become the Mother of God. When the marriage took place, whether before or after the Incarnation, is no easy matter to settle, and on this point the masters of exegesis have at all times been at variance. Most modern commentators, following the footsteps of St. Thomas, understand that, at the epoch of the Annunciation, the Blessed Virgin was only affianced to Joseph; as St. Thomas notices, this interpretation suits better all the evangelical data.
It will not be without interest to recall here, unreliable though they are, the lengthy stories concerning St. Joseph's marriage contained in the apocryphal writings. When forty years of age, Joseph married a woman called Melcha or Escha by some, Salome by others; they lived forty-nine years together and had six children, two daughters and four sons, the youngest of whom was James (the Less, "the Lord's brother"wink. A year after his wife's death, as the priests announced through Judea that they wished to find in the tribe of Juda a respectable man to espouse Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age. Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old, went up to Jerusalem among the candidates; a miracle manifested the choice God had made of Joseph, and two years later the Annunciation took place. These dreams, as St. Jerome styles them, from which many a Christian artist has drawn his inspiration (see, for instance, Raphael's "Espousals of the Virgin"wink, are void of authority; they nevertheless acquired in the course of ages some popularity; in them some ecclesiastical writers sought the answer to the well-known difficulty arising from the mention in the Gospel of "the Lord's brothers"; from them also popular credulity has, contrary to all probability, as well as to the tradition witnessed by old works of art, retained the belief that St. Joseph was an old man at the time of marriage with the Mother of God.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 03, 2010
Okay I forgive you for this endless cut and paste rampage,  grin

It is probably at Nazareth that Joseph betrothed and married her who was to become the Mother of God.

Lol. No true Christians believe that Mary is the mother of GOD, so not sure what this means. Another heretic source peharps.

When the marriage took place, whether before or after the Incarnation, is no easy matter to settle, and on this point the masters of exegesis have at all times been at variance. Most modern commentators, following the footsteps of St. Thomas, understand that, at the epoch of the Annunciation, the Blessed Virgin was only affianced to Joseph; as St. Thomas notices, this interpretation suits better all the evangelical data.
It will not be without interest to recall here, unreliable though they are, the lengthy stories concerning St. Joseph's marriage contained in the apocryphal writings. When forty years of age, Joseph married a woman called Melcha or Escha by some, Salome by others; they lived forty-nine years together and had six children, two daughters and four sons, the youngest of whom was James (the Less, "the Lord's brother"wink. A year after his wife's death, as the priests announced through Judea that they wished to find in the tribe of Juda a respectable man to espouse Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age. Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old, went up to Jerusalem among the candidates; a miracle manifested the choice God had made of Joseph, and two years later the Annunciation took place. These dreams, as St. Jerome styles them, from which many a Christian artist has drawn his inspiration (see, for instance, Raphael's "Espousals of the Virgin"wink, are void of authority; they nevertheless acquired in the course of ages some popularity; in them some ecclesiastical writers sought the answer to the well-known difficulty arising from the mention in the Gospel of "the Lord's brothers"; from them also popular credulity has, contrary to all probability, as well as to the tradition witnessed by old works of art, retained the belief that St. Joseph was an old man at the time of marriage with the Mother of God.

For you information  apocryphal writings are rejected by the church of our Lord Jesus Christ and therefore there is no basis for arguement.

The New Testament Apocrypha include a variety of literary types: Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Apocalypses. These were written under assumed names of the apostles and others during the second century and later. They contain fanciful stories about Jesus and the apostles.

The Apocryphal Gospels often deal with the early years of Jesus and portray him as a temperamental child, here causing the death of some of his playmates and there giving life to a dried fish. The Apocryphal Acts and others indulge in similar nonsense.

The writings of the Apostolic Fathers (80-180 A.D.) are not to be classified as New Testament Apocrypha. They are simply letters of edification and encouragement written by ordinary Christians; they do not profess apostolic wisdom and authority. These writings, along with the apocryphal books, are sometimes erroneously described as "the lost books of the Bible," a sensational and misleading title because these books were never a part of the Bible.

So please Aboki_me stop going elsewhere to false articles and books for evidence. Let us stick to the Torah and new testament, books which even Muhammad respected and elevated.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by MeAboki(m): 8:30pm On May 03, 2010
frosbel:

Okay I forgive you for this endless cut and paste rampage, grin

Lol. No true Christians believe that Mary is the mother of GOD, so not sure what this means. Another heretic source peharps.

For you information apocryphal writings are rejected by the church of our Lord Jesus Christ and therefore there is no basis for arguement.

The New Testament Apocrypha include a variety of literary types: Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Apocalypses. These were written under assumed names of the apostles and others during the second century and later. They contain fanciful stories about Jesus and the apostles.

The Apocryphal Gospels often deal with the early years of Jesus and portray him as a temperamental child, here causing the death of some of his playmates and there giving life to a dried fish. The Apocryphal Acts and others indulge in similar nonsense.

The writings of the Apostolic Fathers (80-180 A.D.) are not to be classified as New Testament Apocrypha. They are simply letters of edification and encouragement written by ordinary Christians; they do not profess apostolic wisdom and authority. These writings, along with the apocryphal books, are sometimes erroneously described as "the lost books of the Bible," a sensational and misleading title because these books were never a part of the Bible.

So please Aboki_me stop going elsewhere to false articles and books for evidence. Let us stick to the Torah and new testament, books which even Muhammad respected and elevated.

I have provided the link (for you to verify) there is nothing false about the source; its not just an ordinary article by a single person but from a well researched compilation from the CATHOLIC ENCYCLPAEDIA

In fact, if you would care to research further you would come to realise that 12 years is consistant with the age at which Hebrew girls used to be betrothed according to jewish tradition, at the time of Joseph; and Mary was by no means any different. Hence it has been estimated that she probably gave birth to Jesus at the age of between 13 - 14 years.

Though you can continue to remain for ever in denial - for all I care cool
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by illusion2: 8:33pm On May 03, 2010
Me_Aboki is really putting google to good use.

Please quote from the CHRISTIAN BIBLE !!!

The Holy Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) married a 6 year old and slept with her when she clocked 9 !!! No denying that !

Either you come against this or you support it.

Trying to look for 'christian' examples of child marriage [size=18pt]will not work[/size] tongue
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by clown: 12:10am On May 04, 2010
temper temper grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by favouredjb(f): 7:45am On May 04, 2010
@becomricha or whatever ur name is

how can u compare the women larry king and donald trump married
to a 13 year old girl?are u sure you are alright?so u see nofin wrong in what the cradle robber did?

@POST
that yerima guy's manliness should be cut off,pervert. angry
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by favouredjb(f): 8:27am On May 04, 2010
me aboki

try harder next time,u seem so desperate!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by labidox: 8:38am On May 04, 2010
Hatred for a people is out of the topic, this action is a slap on woman hood and it should be rejected by all. If our forefathers cum religious leaders did this in the "dark age" 1400 yrs ago we can pardon them but for us today to now base our action today on the errors of the past is outright insanity.

In a marriage ,the consent of the partners is most important. child marriage is always symonymous to forced mariages,this girls are always forced and coerced by religion  into this relationship which mostly end up in divorces. This girls always tend to question there relationship when they grow up and mostly get involv in extra marital affair cos they were not part of the contraption they found thelmselves

The issue of the islam prophet's marriage to a six year old girl which people of yerima's mind set base there actions on did not go without it own fallout. Aisha ,the child bride of mohammed was accused of adultery with a man named safwan ibn - Al Muattai, all evidences shows that it was true .Her strongest supporter and defender on the issue was Zaid ibn Harithah ,an adopted son of the prophet who himself accordding to some scholars was havibg an affair with .

mohammed had  to "claim " allah spoke to him in a dream that she was innocent to save her life. In essence, adultery will reign supreme in a relationship that women are not allowed to choose for them selves.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by labidox: 8:48am On May 04, 2010
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by labidox: 8:57am On May 04, 2010
@me aboki , please click on this link and download and read ,i feel you will understand better the relationship of catholic's record on islam http://www.scribd.com/doc/222227/How-the-Vatican-Created-Islam
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Ranoscky(m): 5:41pm On May 04, 2010
chai!!!  shocked shocked shocked

which kind dirty talk be this 1 again   shocked shocked

well, i no blame am sha.

na for only naija i know say to be a literate person na foolish thing

and to be an iliterate is the best way to success.

if not tell me wetin that mallam dey fine for senate chair?

mallam wey surpose dey for road by now dey control cow from kanu to kaduna.

go carry naija moni go marry him pikin.

can u even imagin . . . a 13yrs old gurl.  sad

girl wey naver even get "nkiruka and azuka"

tufiia kwa!!!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by sjeezy8: 5:46pm On May 04, 2010
[size=13pt]Nigerian Pastor Marries School Girl[/size]

CLOSE [X] Head pastor of the Glory of God and Miracle Church, Pastor Emmanuel Chisaokwu Michael, has wedded a school girl, Juliet Uzoamaka Uzoeghelu, in his church.

Despite the disapproval of neighbours and friends, the couple went ahead to sign the dotted lines in front of family members and the congregation in the church, located at 1, Alabi Williams Crescent, Olusesi Bus Stop, Agbado Road.

During More, the wedding, the pastor gave orders that no one, except the photographer he contracted, must take photographs. When our reporter tried to take a photograph of the couple with his camera phone, he was bundled out of the hall and locked up in a room.

The pastor showed up a few minutes later, collected his phone and demanded that all the photographs be deleted, after which he was allowed back into the hall.

The pastor later gave orders that the reporter should be monitored so that he does not take any more photographs.

Another reporter, who sought the reaction of close neighbours of the church on the same day, found out that most of them were against the marriage, as they stood outside the church, insulting those in attendance.

One of the neighbours, who pleaded anonymity, condemned the pastor, saying that he should be arrested for marrying an underage school girl.

“I have known this girl even before her father died. She is too young to get married. I can tell you categorically that she isn’t more than 14 years of age. This pastor should be arrested for destroying this girl’s life,” he said.

“You can see for yourself how everyone is abusing him and people attending the wedding. I am sure God will never forgive this so-called pastor,” he added.

Another neighbour told P.M.News that the pastor and the bride’s stepmother should be made to face the law.

The pastor showed up a few minutes later, collected his phone and demanded that all the photographs be deleted, after which he was allowed back into the hall.

The pastor later gave orders that the reporter should be monitored so that he does not take any more photographs.

Another reporter, who sought the reaction of close neighbours of the church on the same day, found out that most of them were against the marriage, as they stood outside the church, insulting those in attendance.

One of the neighbours, who pleaded anonymity, condemned the pastor, saying that he should be arrested for marrying an underage school girl.

“I have known this girl even before her father died. She is too young to get married. I can tell you categorically that she isn’t more than 14 years of age. This pastor should be arrested for destroying this girl’s life,” he said.

“You can see for yourself how everyone is abusing him and people attending the wedding. I am sure God will never forgive this so-called pastor,” he added.

Another neighbour told P.M.News that the pastor and the bride’s stepmother should be made to face the law.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by sjeezy8: 5:48pm On May 04, 2010
[size=13pt]Holy Spirit removed her pants — Says pastor accused of having intimacy with student inside the church [/size] | Print | E-mail
Written by Idowu Adelusi

The ‘deliverance’ was performed in the vestry of this church. Photo: Yemi Funso-Oke
COULD the Holy Spirit have removed the pants and skirt of a lady as claimed by a pastor while praying for her?

The pastor who was still being investigated by the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) of the Oyo State Police Command, over allegation of despoil, told his interrogators that he only watched the lady’s pants  and skirt being removed by the Holy Spirit while he prayed for her.

The minister, Pastor J. Odesola of the Christ Rock Apostolic Church, Agbala Imole, Olodo, Ibadan, allegedly had carnal knowledge of a 17-year-old Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) candidate on Thursday, 15 April, 2010, on the pretext that he was performing deliverance for her.

The lady (names withheld), told Sunday Tribune that on Monday, 12 April, 2010 at 2 p.m,  she had gone to see Pastor Odesola for prayer over a dream her mother had concerning the UTME she was to sit for on Saturday, 17 April, 2010.

She continued: “My mother advised me to see the pastor for prayers  so that I won’t have any problem with the exam.

“He told me it was the spirit that has been tormenting my parents that was also tormenting me. He called it the spirit of disappointment.

“The pastor told me to come for a programme on Wednesday, 14 April, 2010 tagged Atamatase and also for a special prayer the next day (Thursday 15 April, 2010) to cast away  the evil spirit from me.

“On that Thursday, as I arrived the church at 7.30 p.m, Pastor Odesola instructed me to stay in the church because some visitors were with him in the vestry.

“At 8 p.m, he asked me to come into the vestry. He asked if I was ready for the prayer and I said yes. He told me to stand up, placed one hand on  my head and the second hand on my chest.

“He murmured some words into my ear and blew air on my face, commanding the evil spirit to come out of me.

“May be I slept off at that moment, I can’t remember. I just found myself on  the floor when I woke up,  no strength was left in me. He pushed my blouse up and placed a Bible on my tommy.”
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by sjeezy8: 5:49pm On May 04, 2010
has nothing to do with religion some just like young girls and use religion as a cover up to justify actions.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 6:02pm On May 04, 2010
sjeezy8:

has nothing to do with religion some just like young girls and use religion as a cover up to justify actions.

it has everything to do with religion

thier soo called perfect man was a peodophile and they are following suit to be perfect!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Ranoscky(m): 6:03pm On May 04, 2010
sjeezy

for several years the pastor never see wetin dey under skirt

so the only opportunity wey him see, him gas to use am well because,

them say opportunity comes but 1ns. grin
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by shilling(f): 1:08am On May 05, 2010
illusion2:

Me_Aboki is really putting google to good use.

Please quote from the CHRISTIAN BIBLE !!!
Tell me about it . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Angry APC Supporters Deface PDP Billboards In Benue In Retaliation Of PDP Attack / Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori / Atiku Reacts To Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly Siege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.