Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) (25328 Views)

Sani Yerima For Trial By ICPC / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC / Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima Justifies Marriage To 13-year-old Egyptian Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Akosbaba(m): 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2010
Child abuse coming from one of the fools making the laws.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Akosbaba(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2010
Child abuse coming from one of the fools making the laws.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by hedoyad(m): 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2010
Iranoladun:

It is high time we take the bull by the horn and review the 1999 constitution angry

I cann't imagine Yerima getting away with this while others are currently quietly engaging in child-marriage unchallenged in the north all under the guise of religious/cultural practise angry

Actually there's nothing quiet about it. Hundreds of thousands of such girls will be getting married this year (if you live near hausa people you'll know what i'm saying) and that's why you don't hear any uproar from them. To them it's like, "what the heck are protesting for ? It's only a marriage".
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by hedoyad(m): 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2010
Iranoladun:

It is high time we take the bull by the horn and review the 1999 constitution angry

I cann't imagine Yerima getting away with this while others are currently quietly engaging in child-marriage unchallenged in the north all under the guise of religious/cultural practise angry

Actually there's nothing quiet about it. Hundreds of thousands of such girls will be getting married this year (if you live near hausa people you'll know what i'm saying) and that's why you don't hear any uproar from them. To them it's like, "what the heck are protesting for ? It's only a marriage".
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by TeskyMan(m): 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2010
Cant people use their head rather than stick to a pathetic religious believe.

Cant we brake away from this WAHALA Hausa people who only bring shame to this great country Nigeria, Pls i need an answer,
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2010
@OAM4J thank God some people have sense

13 yr olds have sex and get pregnant every minute

u guys need to get real- wat is all this science jargons im readin??

post links to the papers let me see!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by osaxx: 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2010
if nigerian must work , we must share nigerian into 4 or 2, this northerners i dont really understand them, well i blame queen elizabeth for all this amalgamation to the northern and southern protectorate, what kind of disgrace, shaaria, to scaring miss world to illiteracy[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by SapeleGuy: 9:10pm On Apr 30, 2010
Well, well well. A nation with two laws and a notion of double standards.

Which reigns supreme, the Nigerian Constitution or Shariah Law?
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by timmy2409(m): 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2010
ayettymama:

@OAM4J thank God some people have sense

13 yr olds have intimacy and get pregnant every minute

u guys need to get real- wat is all this science jargons im readin??

post links to the papers let me see!
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/nigerian-senator-takes-13yo-as-wife-20100430-twtr.html
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by dipo2much(m): 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2010
crap
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by timmy2409(m): 9:32pm On Apr 30, 2010
;d ;d ;d

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2010
timmy2409:

;d ;d ;d

lol. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by naijadoll1: 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2010
some of this Northerners be negative energy, for real. all in a space of 5mnths, from terrorists to child molesters !!! wats next ?
trying to bring the country to its final doom? lipsrsealed dang !
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by naijadoll1: 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2010
frosbel:

After watching this, it just made me sick to the stomach.

Absolutely sick and totally disgusting.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tk6YVdiVY&hl=en[/flash]

and this is wat they are trying to establish in Nigeria? from sharia law to this? shocked shocked
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Bongoman1: 9:21am On May 01, 2010
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Luqhas(m): 9:36am On May 01, 2010
@frosbel, you are an ignoramus. You and ur supporters as well as the so human right activist go to cranies of this country to see the rate at which illegal pregnancy is prevalent among the teens. A married you are all ranting and raving about it.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ElRazur: 10:05am On May 01, 2010
Where is your Wole Soyinka criticizing this dude? The joker can criticise the BBC over some documentary about Lagos, but I wonder if he's got anything to say about this act of paedophilia happening right inside his beloved country? Bloody hypocrites.

Someone tell me he already used big English to criticise and condemn this man?
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ochukoccna: 3:31pm On May 01, 2010
@ timmy2409 & other topic posters
[size=28pt]WTF[/size]  grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 01, 2010
Luqhas:

@frosbel, you are an ignoramus. You and your supporters as well as the so human right activist go to cranies of this country to see the rate at which illegal pregnancy is prevalent among the teens. A married you are all ranting and raving about it.

Thanks for the compliment , Son. cool
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by PurestBoy(m): 4:00pm On May 01, 2010
Moslems and their animal way of reasoning, I wonder if Raji Fasola or any moslim senator will give out his 12 yr old daughter to a 50 yr old man. Islam my foot
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 4:15pm On May 01, 2010
lol no i meant links to the scientific papers these fictionists are quoting!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by raphy(m): 8:44pm On May 01, 2010
wazp ppl!
i think som ppl saying d girls is not tht young,any way if she is ready for the gorilla let her go
mayb her parents need d money to train her juniors u knw in africa things r hard soo ppl dont blame her
blame her family.she get married to a great gorila of politics so she will b ready for the sex. wink
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by reindeer: 9:47pm On May 01, 2010
I have only one question to those who tacitly or overtly support this governors action, or even those who are passive in this case.
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]
Can you allow your 13 year old daughter to be married to a man Yerima's age?
[/size][/size][/size]

please a simple yes or no will suffice,otherwise you will be displaying hypocrisy of dizzying proportions.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 9:53pm On May 01, 2010
of course not reinderr but the parents of this girl did! if she wasnt married to yerima she would have prob been sold off to another pervy tyrant anyways
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by poosh: 10:00pm On May 01, 2010
pleas abeg while you argue that, do you know of any descent and affordable appartment in lagos, preferably, a 2 bedroom flat. please i need accommodation urgently sad.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by MeAboki(m): 12:21am On May 02, 2010
Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, a sound advice to quick finger pointers.

Ignorance is sometimes a bliss'
@ naija-doll, Bongo-man & PurestBoy and those of the same ilk; while abusing muslims and northerners for Yarima's alleged actions you continue to remain blissfully ignorant of the fact that your own CHRISTIAN LAW at the VATICAN, the highest level of christinity headed by the Pope, permits sex with CHILDREN AT THE AGE OF 12 YEARS.
If you don;t believe me here is the link:

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe )

Vatican State

There is an equal age of consent set at 12 years of age in Art. 331 (1).[35][36] When there is a relationship of dependence (like teacher/student, etc.) the age of consent is 15 years in Art. 331 (2).[35]

The criminal law was introduced 1929 and was the same law as the Codice Penale in Italy on 8 June 1929. Because of the death penalty, reintroduced in 1926 in Italy, the reference point was changed in 1969 to 31 December 1924, but this has no effect on the age of consent laws. The age of consent in the Codice Penale from Italy was changed in 1930, but this no longer had any effect on Vatican City. Vatican law provides that criminal suspects arrested in Vatican City are to be tried under Vatican law in Italian courts, while those who escape to Italy before their arrest are to be tried under Italian law, even if their alleged crime occurred on Vatican territory.[35]

In other words, what Yarima allegedly did is no worse than what is permissable by the Church, in fact he is well within the christian standard of morality and law, according to the Vatican - a law which still stands valid TODAY!

As for child abuse, well, we all know that CATHOLIC PRIESTS have a weakness for small boys (yansh).
Records of homosexual child abuse among the priesthood is legendry, spanning several decades and well documented along with the criminal role of the Pope in their cover up.
You can even say that, Yarima's alleged crime was more honourable; since he at least married his victim, whlile the priests did not; they just used the children ( some of them disabled) and dumped them traumatised.

Abuse Yarima as much as you wish for all I care; but while you abuse him along with muslims and northerners, you might as well abuse those catholic priests as well as the Pope and the church for comitting and condoning child abuse respectively.

Now that you are no longer ignorant of the above fact:Please, please, prove to this forum that you are not enthno/religious bigots; go on , abuse them in the same manner, and I will respect you for being liberal, progressive and objective.

By the way, freedom of speech is not a licence for disrespect or insults; please be advised. angry
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by illusion2: 8:35am On May 02, 2010
@Me_Aboki,you are really thinking like an aboki,what has age of consent in Vatican got to do with an irresponsible senator marrying a 13 year-old ? undecided

Are you trying to justify his action? Can you give away your own 13 year old daughter to a 50 somethng year old man who recently divorced his previous teeenage daughter & has 3 other 'mature' wives? Can you reason at all?

Luqhas:

@frosbel, you are an ignoramus. You and your supporters as well as the so human right activist go to cranies of this country to see the rate at which illegal pregnancy is prevalent among the teens. A married you are all ranting and raving about it.

[size=15pt]If your fear is to prevent your muslim girls from having boyfriends & getting pregnant outside marriage/having abortions- whatever happened to parental responsibility and proper home training. Why adopt the easy way out?[/size]

Every parent prays and works towards their daughters keeping themselves from engaging in illicit intimacy,but marrying her off to old men is not the solution my friend.

As in the recently divorced (imagine a teenager already divorced)wife of Sani Yerima (he married her when she was 15 in 2006),is her life better of now? She's 19,with a baby,divorced & probably has VVF,  . . is this better for her?

Think hard,don't let babaric,pre-historic arab practices delude you.

And by the way,if he's intimacy starved,what happened to his other wives?  Lets stop justifying nonsense in the name of religion/arab culture.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 11:05am On May 02, 2010
The hadith state that Aisha was taken to Muhammad’s house, as his bride, when she was 9 and she took her dolls with her as play toys.

'A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house AS A BRIDE WHEN SHE WAS NINE, AND HER DOLLS WERE WITH HER; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3311)

'A'isha reported that she used to PLAY WITH DOLLS in the presence of Allah's Messenger and when her playmates came to her they left (the house) because they felt shy of Allah's Messenger whereas Allah's Messenger sent them to her. (Sahih Muslim, Book 031, Number 5981)

When the Apostle of Allah arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar (the narrator is doubtful), the draught raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her.

He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them? She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings. He asked: A horse with two wings? She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings? She said: Thereupon the Apostle of Allah laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth.
(Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4914)
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 11:12am On May 02, 2010
so shes old enuff to get married but not old enough to understand why she cant play with dolls according to her religion

hmmm hence why u cant really argue with these people- just leave them to do what they want

there really is no point bothering with them- they will still do what they want to do in the name of religion

whether its choppin off hands, molesting and abusing young girls exploding planes and buildings they will do it

dont the human rights organisations have other things to worry abt??
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by MeAboki(m): 11:58am On May 02, 2010
illusion2:

@Me_Aboki,you are really thinking like an aboki,what has age of consent in Vatican got to do with an irresponsible senator marrying a 13 year-old ? undecided

If you can't see the connection then I am really sorry for you ( and he talks of the aboki way of thinking - what arrogance).
Well, let me make it simpler for you.
No, I am not justifying Yarima's action but merely pointing out to those who attacked him (naija-doll, Bongo-man, Purest Boy et al) based on his religion that their religion too is not any better on the issue.

Think hard,don't let babaric,pre-historic arab practices delude you.

And by the way,  Lets stop justifying nonsense in the name of religion/arab culture.
[quote][/quote]

Again, are you not being just as myopic and religiously biased  as the people I have already mentioned?
Pre-historic/barbaric , ? I guess you have not been deluded by the christian value system that permits such babaric act in the Vatican City in this modern day and age.

Kindly ask the Pope to be responsible enough to expunge such babaric Christian law from his rule book , if you will please. After that you can feel free to stand on the moral high ground to criticise other religion and culture.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by fashizie(m): 5:56pm On May 02, 2010
@Quote from: mistakay on April 28, 2010, 11:13 PM
How can some one harbour so much hate for a particular group of people.Why cant you see that this is just an allegation.You had to go to the extent of posting picture of a kid bride you found on the net.I stay in Abuja and FYI the girl he married is a trained medical doctor.Since nobody BBC staff inclusive have met the bride in person you should try to add "alleged" when spraying this rumour further.

ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT GO INTO TERRORISM, A GUY BROUGHT IN A GENUINE REPULSIVE TOPIC,AND U ARE THERE TALKIN GIBBERISH, WHY NOT JST AGREE THAT SOME FUNDAMENTAL THINGS ABT THE RELIGION U BELONG IS REPUGNANT TO NATURAL JUSTICE EQUITY AND GOOD CONSCIENCE, ITS SO ANNOYIN, U SHULD DESIST AND APOLOGISE IMMIDIATLY
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by fashizie(m): 6:13pm On May 02, 2010
you can't see the connection then I am really sorry for you ( and he talks of the aboki way of thinking - what arrogance).
Well, let me make it simpler for you.
No, I am not justifying Yarima's action but merely pointing out to those who attacked him (naija-doll, Bongo-man, Purest Boy et al) based on his religion that their religion too is not any better on the issue.

@ME ABOKI:U ARE SO LOW IN REASONIN, A LOT OF CHRISTAINS 70%DNT GO BY THE RULES OF THE POPE,,GO DO your HOME WORK, VERY CHEAP WAY OF DEFENCE, Y NOT MARRY A 6YR OLD GIRL N START BLOWIN UP BIULDINGD, your BRODAZ HIDIN IN CAVES ARE DOIN IT, PLS TELL ME 1 GOOD TIN ABT your GROUP, GET CONVERTED OR HIDE IN SHAME THAN BLOWIN CHEAP TANTRUMS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Criticises Keyamo, Says He Is Ignorant Of Parliamentary Rules / How Muslims, Tinubu, Akande, Buhari Made Me SGF - Babachir Lawal (2015) / I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.