Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) (25327 Views)

Sani Yerima For Trial By ICPC / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC / Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima Justifies Marriage To 13-year-old Egyptian Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by platinumnk(f): 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2010
Bastage:

Mind, the choirboys are probably getting it from the Catholic priests but that's not really on topic. grin

And its intresting , the victims of the priests testified that they were never the same and that many went through counseling, and the mutilation affected their lives even at the age of 50.

Sighs. . . So heartless. .
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Hmm2: 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2010
God will continue to disgrace people like them that have sponsored and killed Christians in plateau.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by anishe(m): 11:28pm On Apr 29, 2010
what about girls of the same age that are impregnated here in the country, their cases abound. nobody is doing anything about those ones.

FUNNY PEOPLE, FUNNY COUNTRY. I LAUGH
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Smi1(m): 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2010
false accusation !! get your fact straight please !
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by oge4real(f): 11:59pm On Apr 29, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by amirize(m): 1:42am On Apr 30, 2010
Na
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Iyara(m): 2:04am On Apr 30, 2010
I ask again;

[list]
[li]Where are the powerful Muslim women lobby groups? They are the ones whose daughters are being made into child brides.  
Why are they silent on the matter?
Do they know something we don't?
Or are they in agreement with Yerima's actions?
When you see non-Muslim names like Chinelo Iriele and Mma Wokocha at the vanguard of this battle, it might be construed as pursuing an anti-Islamic agenda. Where are the Faridas, Halimas and Maryams and what is their stand on this affair?
[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
If we can honestly answer these questions, then we will have gone a long way in knowing where we are headed as a people.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by mistakay: 2:09am On Apr 30, 2010
Even the champions of this crusade admitted they have no evidence what so ever nor an image of the girl in question.See dummies here accepting it as gospel truth just because he is a moslem.Why cant the moderator add a question mark (?) to the subject as is being done with allegation threads.This is nothing but allegation.You people have to understand there is a battle going on with his former deputy who is now the current Governor of the state,he is the one sharing money around for all this brouhaha!
I personally hate Yerima and 95% of politicians in general.To me they are akin to snakes in the jungles of this country.But please let us accept that this is just an Allegation and nothing but. angry
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by mistakay: 2:23am On Apr 30, 2010
[quote ]
Considering the venom in majority of the posts against this man Yarima, and also the multiciplity of the threads started against him, on the same subject of his alleged marriage to a 13 year old.

It is therefore not difficult to imagine that the country would soon not be a welcomed place for him to live.
So if I were him, I would take my young bride and settle in Spain where the age of sexual consent is still 13  i.e the same as that of the alleged bride; or better still seek asylum at the Vatican where it is just only 12 years.

Afterall, child intimacy abuse is common among catholic priests and the Pope is reknown for covering up for them - just as I would imagine he would cover up for Yarima, should he (Yarima) take my advice and seek asylum at the Vatican.  Cool

[quote][/quote]

@Me aboki  LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by zubeyr(m): 3:30am On Apr 30, 2010
@ayattema no one can justify the action of this man if he founds guilty but going to far to allude that the prophet was pervert is beyond the freedom of speech I can t imagine you can stoop that low and spread misinformation you either ignorant or stupid
Instead of pooring your hate against one group of people you rather adress the child molestation in your churchs and the use of your priest bishops cardinals of their status to take advantage of women childrens and the poors
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by nnewa: 4:27am On Apr 30, 2010
Lots of questions & ponderings *it is stil a man's world,can get away wit watevr plses him? *can we hv somd proof somewhre,d parents,Imam, watevr whrevr *can d senators discus a seemingly private affair of dir own,yet we xray d lives of dose who intend t lead d devpd country *hope dis wont degenarate wit religious flavour *if Egyptian law forbade him,can he circumvade Nig law or *wil d basic ingredients of a marrige b available here-al d romance,look her in d eye t promse moon on earth,make luv t her as a wfe or a sex tool? *hw prepard is she 4 marrge.whre is her common sense,psychologicly,mentaly,physicaly,medicaly etc. U dont c anytin wrong in d age gap bt u wont do it nor giv away ur dauta @ such tender age *many men hv abusd underagd but we knw dy r nt celebratd *@ dis age y do women just servd d men's whims and watevr *wat wuld ave mad d girl's parents agre t dis,greed,poverty, religion,coercion or d girl ran away t her lover? If d alkegatn is true & d girl in her rt tinkn,dcided t mary, which law supercedes:natural,comon sense,societal xpectatn,religious, constitutn,personal right? Above al preach wat u can practce,lay xamples dat can stand
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by nnewa: 4:27am On Apr 30, 2010
Lots of questions & ponderings *it is stil a man's world,can get away wit watevr plses him? *can we hv somd proof somewhre,d parents,Imam, watevr whrevr *can d senators discus a seemingly private affair of dir own,yet we xray d lives of dose who intend t lead d devpd country *hope dis wont degenarate wit religious flavour *if Egyptian law forbade him,can he circumvade Nig law or *wil d basic ingredients of a marrige b available here-al d romance,look her in d eye t promse moon on earth,make luv t her as a wfe or a sex tool? *hw prepard is she 4 marrge.whre is her common sense,psychologicly,mentaly,physicaly,medicaly etc. U dont c anytin wrong in d age gap bt u wont do it nor giv away ur dauta @ such tender age *many men hv abusd underagd but we knw dy r nt celebratd *@ dis age y do women just servd d men's whims and watevr *wat wuld ave mad d girl's parents agre t dis,greed,poverty, religion,coercion or d girl ran away t her lover? If d alkegatn is true & d girl in her rt tinkn,dcided t mary, which law supercedes:natural,comon sense,societal xpectatn,religious, constitutn,personal right? Above al preach wat u can practce,lay xamples dat can stand
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by RolandPet(m): 5:17am On Apr 30, 2010
YERIMA WAN CHOP AKARA! IMAO!, E KON BI 13 YEARS OLD AKARA NA HIM HE WAN USE REFRESH HIS COW BLOOD,HE NO SEE MUMU GEE DEM WE DEY FIND WHO GO CHOP THEIR AKARA WEY DON RIPE DEY DECAY.

FOOL!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Robotnik: 5:36am On Apr 30, 2010
It is people like Yerima and co. that just marry for the fun of it and proliferate offsprings they can't take care off, just like the case of the famous "underwear bomber" where his dad had numerous kids and too much money to even know the whereabouts of his son.
And then use religion to defend  their foolishness.

on another note;
i still wonder why BBC won't talk about the backwardness of northern Nigeria, their stupidity, their world class poverty , their hypocritical lifestyle , and damages they have brought to Nigeria right from when that "hunter" called lugard amalgamated "us" with "them", they are only interested in defaming the only state in Nigeria where there is hope.

EKo O Ni baje
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by bawomolo(m): 5:45am On Apr 30, 2010
I find it hypocritical and hilarious that you feel the need to talk about the backwardness of the north but see any coverage of "backwardness" in lagos as defaming the state.

i guess its easier to point fingers at others than you.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Robotnik: 6:38am On Apr 30, 2010
I dont blame you, cos you have Chicago as your status ,this is not a matter of hypocrisy, its just a matter of which state is adding more to the "face-lift" of the nation

My 2 cents
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by OGINI: 6:49am On Apr 30, 2010
pls Oluwa come and finally takeover 9ja.
wetin dey happen here sef?
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Chefo(m): 6:58am On Apr 30, 2010
It is the wicked sha/ria law that the wicked northern leaders introduced that led yerima to this public disgrace.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Bongoman1: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2010
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Confusion: 9:17am On Apr 30, 2010
Long ROD into that Small Valve
this will definitely cause a rupture
but i will wait n see if he will devoice her also
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 30, 2010
Bongo_man:

2008 Muslims di.ckheads condemned this man for his action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwM1ncuYAAg

Muhammad the Holy Prophet(SAW) married Aisha at age 6 and slept with her at age 9 why condemning this man leave him alone he hasn't done anything contrary to Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tk6YVdiVY

Pedo Bas.tards

Islam(Sharia) is disillusion.

After watching this, it just made me sick to the stomach.

Absolutely sick and totally disgusting.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tk6YVdiVY&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 30, 2010
Any1 who thinks this is alright is morally decayed. You can have ur views and blah blah blah about no constitutional provisions against this but what isn't right isn't. If your Mohammed in his time did this, ask yourself does that means he is that ignorant about the medical consequences that follows such act. Fact is that Islam is a hypocritical religion.I'd rather be an atheist than for any reason whatsoever get in involve in a religion that promotes violence and immorality.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by otokx(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2010
This is all so disgusting.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by cjomeje1: 10:16am On Apr 30, 2010
the senate should send Yerima to president Bush's cage in Quantanamo Bay to tame his something[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by sley4life(m): 11:04am On Apr 30, 2010
jail that a.s.s hole. he looks like a monster. I wish we banish those islamic bist 4rm d country. Let them roast Sani Yerima ball.s
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by illusion2: 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2010
He married a 15 year old in 2006, divorced her in 2010 to marry the new '13 year old' Egyptian. shocked shocked shocked

Its a shame on our country.

Arabs have updated their laws to reflect modern ways of doing things ,but horrible people like Yerima ,who by the way has 3 other Nigerian wives aged between 35-45 one of whom is a medical doctor ,will always try to take us back.

In a state with 60% poverty,all the greedy man desires in life is to sleep with young girls every few years. . . .

I'm sorry for Nigeria.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Iranoladun(f): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
It is high time we take the bull by the horn and review the 1999 constitution angry

I cann't imagine Yerima getting away with this while others are currently quietly engaging in child-marriage unchallenged in the north all under the guise of religious/cultural practise angry
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by DisGuy: 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2010
colomb:

Any1 who thinks this is alright is morally decayed. You can have your views and blah blah blah about no constitutional provisions against this but what isn't right isn't. If your Mohammed in his time did this, ask yourself does that means he is that ignorant about the medical consequences that follows such act. Fact is that Islam is a hypocritical religion.I'd rather be an atheist than for any reason whatsoever get in involve in a religion that promotes violence and immorality.

well the country itself is morally decayed, considering the Phd, foreign degree holders who drafted the constitution and read it to us on a daily basis without ammending it since 1999- all of them by the way no point say oh the north or muslims!!

illusion2:

He married a 15 year old in 2006, divorced her in 2010 to marry the new '13 year old' Egyptian. shocked shocked shocked

Its a shame on our country.

Arabs have updated their laws to reflect modern ways of doing things ,but horrible people like Yerima ,who by the way has 3 other Nigerian wives aged between 35-45 one of whom is a medical doctor ,will always try to take us back.

In a state with 60% poverty,all the greedy man desires in life is to sleep with young girls every few years. . . .

I'm sorry for Nigeria.

What happened after marrying an underage in 2006? Nothing, why didnt anyone mention it? were they too busy calculating their bonus and tidying up their mortgage in UK/USA or hosting big boy bankers?

Iranoladun:

It is high time we take the bull by the horn and review the 1999 constitution angry

I cann't imagine Yerima getting away with this while others are currently quietly engaging in child-marriage unchallenged in the north all under the guise of religious/cultural practise angry

He got away with it before. . . . I still cant understand why the female senators cant collectively agree to stay away from the chamber until that man is thrown out
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by akwaowoudo(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2010
The disgrace and the blame is that of the girl's family. Investigation should be on; Yerima might steal the girl.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by DisGuy: 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2010
akwaowoudo:

The disgrace and the blame is that of the girl's family. Investigation should be on; Yerima might steal the girl.

You cant balme poor people! The blame should be on the country bold enough to accomodate a living paedophile, a country where paedophilia is legal according to its constitution and country where paedophilia is a personal private affair

Egyptians need visa to enter the country- how did she get a visa for the purpose of marriage

Several Senators attended the marriage! it wasnt dont under the coer of darkness in some remote village near Niger
it took place in the CAPITAL of nigeria!!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Anaegboka(m): 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2010
And to think that this man cut off someone's hand for stealing, how much was his salary that can make him afford to pay that kind of money for a kid? He must have robbed the people of Zamfara state blind while they were busy shouting allah akbar. Serves them right for trusting a thief. He's really supposed to be herding cattles.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by vislabraye(m): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2010
BLOODY SOUL!!! This is absolute child abuse and nothing more. He should be tried and sent to jail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Sango-Ota Market In Ogun Today / Scores Of Civilians & Terrorists Killed As Boko Haram Attack Maiduguri(photos) / Construction Of Maternity Ward By Aisha Buhari In Daura Ongoing (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.