Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) (25325 Views)

Sani Yerima For Trial By ICPC / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC / Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima Justifies Marriage To 13-year-old Egyptian Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by nethacker(m): 6:22am On Apr 29, 2010
mbulela:

I have no interest in this story but i was atracted by the highlighted statements.
The same BBC that published and aired a doctored and seemingly fictitious Yar Adua interview.
When i confronted them asking for proof that they did a through home work and evidence that they were sure who they were speaking to, they gave me answers that even AIT would find ridiculous.
BBC can be thorough but they are not the saint you imagine.
I wonder why no one has been able to post or publish a pic of the girl in question.
Was the wedding held in darkness?
Accepted she is in puddah (or whatever it is spelt), has she always been under lock and key all her life?
I have time for more important things than low lives like Sani Yerima but i would not be surprised if this was another rumour without substance.
Nigeria is being ruled and governed by lies, deceit and rumours.
This is the season, so anything is possible.
i am very sure its not a rumour for it to have made it to the senate for debate
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 29, 2010
all this muslim people self, them think say human being na cow?, kai, that man has no shame. grin grin
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 29, 2010
A man over the age of 25, marrying, or having any sort of non-platonic relationship with a girl under 16, is a paedophile, simple. There are no "if's" or "buts" here.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by SLIGHT(m): 7:43am On Apr 29, 2010
This man should go through himself; look at the girl straight in her eyes and imagine if she were his daughter would he give her out so early,if his conscience judges him well,he'd put her on the next flight back to egypt and give her back her childhood. I hate seeing children hurt, especially when they are being sold in the name of marriage. One thing is sure though: the girl's parent got no conscience. Save the children; save the world.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by SLIGHT(m): 7:43am On Apr 29, 2010
This man should go through himself; look at the girl straight in her eyes and imagine if she were his daughter would he give her out so early,if his conscience judges him well,he'd put her on the next flight back to egypt and give her back her childhood. I hate seeing children hurt, especially when they are being sold in the name of marriage. One thing is sure though: the girl's parent got no conscience. Save the children; save the world.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by SLIGHT(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2010
This man should go through himself; look at the girl straight in her eyes and imagine if she were his daughter would he give her out so early,if his conscience judges him well,he'd put her on the next flight back to egypt and give her back her childhood. I hate seeing children hurt, especially when they are being sold in the name of marriage. One thing is sure though: the girl's parent have no conscience. Save the children; save the world.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by SLIGHT(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2010
This man should go through himself; look at the girl straight in her eyes and imagine if she were his daughter would he give her out so early,if his conscience judges him well,he'd put her on the next flight back to egypt and give her back her childhood. I hate seeing children hurt, especially when they are being sold in the name of marriage. One thing is sure though: the girl's parent have no conscience. Save the children; save the world.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by bighead1(m): 7:54am On Apr 29, 2010
see this Yerima of a person is just being a national idiot
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by kerwa2001: 8:06am On Apr 29, 2010
[color=#006600]all this muslim people self, them think say human being na cow?, kai, that man has no shame.[/color]

I think going by the number of vatican gay priest popping out which might one day point to the pope himself, you have no reason t mock muslims.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by jessefly: 8:14am On Apr 29, 2010
paedophile
sick bastard, imagine 13 yr old dat is probably jus beginning to understand her body, seeing new changes occur on her is who dis sadist is gonna penetrate
Lord where r u, pls let him never have an erection as long as dat gal is concerned.
only a beast will still see such innocence in the eye nd go ahead withsuch dastardly act
this is rape
Lord pls cease erection in this impotent bastard
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by jessefly: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2010
^ damn mod dnt even remember wat i wrote grin grin grin grin
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by adebaki: 8:36am On Apr 29, 2010
I remember thinking WTF when i read this somewhere , since then different twists have been added to it , now its 15 million from $150,000.00
I wonder why its taking this long for people to come out and investigate, The whole matter just sounds ridiculous to me . I am wondering why he hasnt even said anything about it .

Some people are starting to say things about Islam and sharia law , Mohammed did not marry a child and yerima is just 1 muslim , lets not start stereotyping right now .
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by otukpo(f): 8:41am On Apr 29, 2010
This is child abuse at the highest level.
The senate must do something to stop Yerima.
Nigeria, enough of anything from our public office holders.
Shame to Yerima, shame to our lawmakers.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 29, 2010
adebaki:

I remember thinking WTF when i read this somewhere , since then different twists have been added to it , now its 15 million from $150,000.00
I wonder why its taking this long for people to come out and investigate, The whole matter just sounds ridiculous to me . I am wondering why he hasnt even said anything about it .

Some people are starting to say things about Islam and sharia law , Mohammed did not marry a child and yerima is just 1 muslim , lets not start stereotyping right now .

What did I hear you say, Mo did not marry a child, lol.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

On the other hand this is not the norm in Nigeria as an entity especially for Yoruba Muslims, I have NEVER seen them marry a kid.

Also Hausa/Fulani Muslims mostly marry women not babies but my point is that this behaviour is practised in the NORTH but more rampantly in the middle east, pakistan, afghanistan, iran etc etc etc.

If you want balanced evidence I will provide you with it.

Now for those people who keep using the PC ( politically correct ) term Islamophobia, please stop, its not gonna work.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by stephen2(m): 8:51am On Apr 29, 2010
mehn,this is really sad,and its so unfortunate that this kind of shit u only get to hear about it in 9ja,imagine a so-called senator, ahhhhh,this country is indeed finished.
God save us o,and people will be watching this man go freely on the streets.
Man were dem suppose stone to death,
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by FrenchyL(m): 9:03am On Apr 29, 2010
Well if he actually did it i have only one word for him: SHAME!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:04am On Apr 29, 2010
Once a chooker, always a chooker, he might be marrying a gorilla in skirts soon
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by princekevo(m): 9:38am On Apr 29, 2010
This is the kinda stories you get and accept when living together with cows. This idio.t must have Govern animals like him who still voted him in to represent them at the senate
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by bisiaet: 9:51am On Apr 29, 2010
I was going through Sunnewsonline now to confirm this story anybody can log on to www.sunnewsonline.com You willl read the story. This so unbeleiveable as a matter of fact I still find it hard to swallow it as a real story.

But if truely the story was real and geniue then I think it's time for something to be done in this country called Nigeria. I still keep on asking this question that ! where does this Northern or the Hausa's came from? Because this part of Nigeria they are like a cancer in Nigeria skin in all aspects, if everybody goes this way they are on that way where a hell do these people came from oh heaven?

To be honest I am totally fed up of this people as a tribe or as a religion sect I look around myself and asked what is the contribution of this people to Nigeria as a society I still can find answer and everytime people try to correct them they are always on defensive and started threatening to rain heaven down. I know understand why the ex millitant and freedom fighter Asari Dokunbo called them "A Parasite"

Every grieveances in Nigeria history to date you will notice when trace down it is this same people either directly or indirectly the cause honestly their action sparked Biafra, their petrol madness drove Niger-Delta confrontation, Boko Harram, Mutallab mr terrorist, June 12, Jos upheaval and look at Yardua, Turai, cabals and Jonathan again same people why for God sake . I beleif the true bastards in the house of Nigeria has now grown to full adult and we can see their finger right on the wall.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by toideve(m): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2010
what a shame! sharia/islam my foot
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by bilymuse: 10:05am On Apr 29, 2010
Nothing will happen to Yerima, apart from the public bashing. His hiding behind Islam and the religion would protect him. Its allowed to marry a 13 years old girl in Isllam.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Ultrame(m): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2010
Bloody child molester! what's it with this dude anyway? heared he divorced a 17yr old to make room for this new one. (unconfirmed)

And to make matters worse, he's a serving Senator. Dude just sank Nigeria to a new low.

Agba iya osi!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Bastage: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2010
However anyone tries to dress or defend his actions, the guy is a peado.
He should be put in jail and the girl sent home back to Egypt.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by brownciga: 10:26am On Apr 29, 2010
mistakay , i wonder why u muslims alway think u can comment on any christian issue but will never allow us to comment when it comes to islam related issues. pls the fact is that yerima and whosoever conducted the marriage are foolish and wicked, they should be charged to court for child abuse. stupid people
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by bisiaet: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2010
He is a useless man, a real vulture cant everybody even look at his picture you can see irresponsibleness writen all over his face. he should be arrest, charge and jail for child molestation, bloody gooof.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 10:28am On Apr 29, 2010
Nairaland should be called britigerian land- people that have forgotten abt where they came and share westyern vies

im even surprised the media pay this any attention- a 13 year old girl?? is it today men have been marrying children in nigeria??

lol- you peopel know nothing, go and double check the common age of unwanted pregnancies in nigeria

lets check what the teens are really doing!!

whatr law in nigeria dictates what age who and who should be married??

so what will he go to prison for??- these huiman wot not wotnots better go to afghanistan and find better things to lament about

as much as im not for what the man has done (its disgusting)- we shouldnt let personal opinions cloud our judgement, like someone mentioned the age of concensus ion other places- as 12- we cant condem the man because we dont agree with what he did

after all thier religous leader married a 9 year old- doesnt he have a right to follow the trend??
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by babsmii(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2010
he looks like a terrorist.
why do we have these bigots dragging our name in mud all in the name of whatever! lipsrsealed
the little child should be extradited to her home country and Yerima to a pit in the desert
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Bastage: 11:01am On Apr 29, 2010
as much as im not for what the man has done (its disgusting)- we shouldnt let personal opinions cloud our judgement, like someone mentioned the age of concensus ion other places- as 12- we cant condem the man because we dont agree with what he did

after all thier religous leader married a 9 year old- doesnt he have a right to follow the trend??

Just because something was considered "right" a thousand years ago, does not mean that it is right today.
And as for legal consent elsewhere, as many have pointed out, it does not involve a 60 year old man marrying and having intercourse with a 13 year old. You will find that those very few places that have such a low age of marriage consent only legitimise it if both parties are around the same age and normally if the girl is pregnant. Not only that but there is a very strict legal process that has to be followed.
This has nothing to do with "personal opinions" and everything to do with morality.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by DisGuy: 11:03am On Apr 29, 2010
adebaki:

tHEY ARE WAITING FOR THE BBC TO INVESTIGATE FOR THEM, ALL THE NEWS MEDIA IN NIGERIA ARE SITTING ON THEIR BUT.T WAITING FOR A FOREIGN MEDIA TO COPY

and i really surprise the senate or even nigerians are NOW just protesting considering the man married a 15years old girl just 2 years ago- why didnt anybody protest then ??

frosbel is forever an airhead
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by AMIRACH: 11:04am On Apr 29, 2010
whats new in this news, is it today that hausa's started marrying  small girls as wives? so y d noise making ok maybe becos she is an egyptian not a nigerian that y d women are angry, abeg make we hear better gist
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 29, 2010
frosbel is forever an airhead

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dis Guy is an ignoramus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress / I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan / IPOB, Yoruba Separatist Groups Plotting To Attack Lagos - CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.