Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) (25323 Views)

Sani Yerima For Trial By ICPC / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC / Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima Justifies Marriage To 13-year-old Egyptian Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2010
Bastage:

Just because something was considered "right" a thousand years ago, does not mean that it is right today.
And as for legal consent elsewhere, as many have pointed out, it does not involve a 60 year old man marrying and having intercourse with a 13 year old. You will find that those very few places that have such a low age of marriage consent only legitimise it if both parties are around the same age and normally if the girl is pregnant. Not only that but there is a very strict legal process that has to be followed.
This has nothing to do with "personal opinions" and everything to do with morality.

im not supporting what he has done- im saying he hasnt broken any law except the one created in ur heads- bring out the constitution and highlight what uve said- then we can talk

this is what is driving the country backwards white man says jump black man says how high- dont we have more to worry abt than a bunch of peoiple selling thier own children for money?? in a completely different country i must add!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ojimboIV: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2010
Ahmed Sani Yerima, 49, told the BBC that his fourth wife was not 13, but would not say how old she was.
He denied breaking the law but said he would not respect any law that contradicted his religious beliefs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8651043.stm

Ahmed 'Paedo' Yerima. shut your stinking beak.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Bastage: 11:21am On Apr 29, 2010
m saying he hasnt broken any law except the one created in your heads- bring out the constitution and highlight what uve said- then we can talk

So you need something in the Constitution to tell you what is morally right or wrong?

this is what is driving the country backwards white man says jump black man says how high- dont we have more to worry abt than a bunch of peoiple selling thier own children for money??

No. What drives Nigeria backwards are those who try to hide behind outdated and immoral laws.
As for worrying about children. As cliched as it sounds, they are the future of Nigeria.

When you can understand that - then we can talk.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 11:26am On Apr 29, 2010
hmmm so is that what were gonna take him to court for?? the prosecuting team starts with 'We want the jury to prosecute Ahmad sani yerima for his immorality according to the bbc and human rights organisations- thier views must be taken seriously and respected and also be a highlight and basis of prosecu. . . . .GET REAL!!!!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by princekevo(m): 11:29am On Apr 29, 2010
ayettymama:

Nairaland should be called britigerian land- people that have forgotten abt where they came and share westyern vies

im even surprised the media pay this any attention- a 13 year old girl?? is it today men have been marrying children in nigeria??
Should we then close our eyes and let this evil happen under our nose?

lol- you peopel know nothing, go and double check the common age of unwanted pregnancies in nigeria

The case of unwanted pregnancies you are talking abt are mostly between teenagers, or adults likely the same age range. Not between one great-grandfather and a 13year old girl.

lets check what the teens are really doing!!
We know many things happen among the teens this days, but of the same age range.

whatr law in nigeria dictates what age who and who should be married??

Nigeria has no law, becoz the constitution we have at the moment is a big Fraud, it has been proven againa and again, which the last Yaradua's Saga is not an exception. The Constitution was made by beasts, and animals like Yerima, as such they manipulated the Constitution to suit their evil dids. Why do other  countries have a specific marriage age, but Nigeria has non?

The Chapter 218 (Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990) Section 11B only stated 21yr to be the marriageable age. It further gave provision for the requirement for marrying someone under 21years, but failed to mention the age limitation. Meaning, with the consent of the parents you can take a day old child to the court for marriage. So is such a Constitution not made by beasts, accepted by fools? We wont be surprised some day these idio.ts will also bring in a year old girl from Egypt for marriage in Nigeria. We will also shout it is lawful and accept it in good faith.
We need to unite against such evil acts from people who supposed to the leaders, only by doing that such constitutional amendment can be made to save the innocent future kids. If we keep quite on it this evil will keep going on
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2010
^^ NO MATTER- they are still having sex and not getting married, it makes absolutely no difference whether its with a man the same age ar 50 yrs older, we react more to these things than we react to murder- its actually quite funny how the human mind works

so its moral for 13 yr olds to be doin it whist its immoral for older men to marry them, ok then im seriously not gonna go back and forth on this one- seemings its not something i agree with i just think priorities are misplaced- and they arent harming anybody what they do to themselves, i think there are politicians who are guilty of worst out there- but because this will be deemed to many as a sexual crime theyll focus on it much.

when you guys have finished prosecuting a man who has broken no law but u just find his actions 'immoral' i hope some one finds out who killed bola ige lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 29, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ NO MATTER- they are still having intimacy and not getting married, it makes absolutely no difference whether its with a man the same age ar 50 yrs older, we react more to these things than we react to murder- its actually quite funny how the human mind works

so its moral for 13 yr olds to be doin it whist its immoral for older men to marry them, ok then im seriously not gonna go back and forth on this one- seemings its not something i agree with i just think priorities are misplaced- and they arent harming anybody what they do to themselves, i think there are politicians who are guilty of worst out there- but because this will be deemed to many as a sexual crime theyll focus on it much.

when you guys have finished prosecuting a man who has broken no law but u just find his actions 'immoral' i hope some one finds out who killed bola ige lipsrsealed undecided undecided

COMMON sis, this guy is about 50 years of age !

The girl is 13.

Somehow it just does not sound right to the ear, undecided
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by violent(m): 11:39am On Apr 29, 2010
ayettymama:

hmmm so is that what were gonna take him to court for?? the prosecuting team starts with 'We want the jury to prosecute Ahmad sani yerima for his immorality according to the bbc and human rights organisations- thier views must be taken seriously and respected and also be a highlight and basis of prosecu. . . . .GET REAL!!!!

Last time i checked, there are laws against child trafficking, it's only for the court to define the boundaries!

The court will determine if paying 15 million, for a 13 year old to leave under your roof against her wishes, as a wife, with her responsibilities including and not limited to sexual activities, can be described as a form of child trafficking, abuse and molestation, and if such marriage has in any way violated the minor's fundamental and democratic rights.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 11:47am On Apr 29, 2010
frosbel:

COMMON sis, this guy is about 50 years of age !

The girl is 13.

Somehow it just does not sound right to the ear, undecided

frosbel of course it doesnt- but it doesnt sound right to the ear isnt evidence or should never be evidene in a court of law- of course its wong, but to you and to me prob not to others- 13 yr olds have sex and get pregnant, so where exactly does the damage lie?? i dont agree with it at all i would even fwon on a 21 yr old with a 16 yr old but thats me, alot of people wont agree with that! im jussayin- i think we have more things to worry abt than a gro of people whose religious leader is a well known perv 2000 yrs ago 200 yrs ago or 20 yrs ago perv is a perv, but theres nothing to do- the parents sold of thier child and the dude bought her *kanye shrug*
i think its the egyptians that need the crucifying
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by violent(m): 11:52am On Apr 29, 2010
The UNICEF also have obligations to sue him at the International Criminal courts as well as name the federal government in the suit.

Somewhere along the line, i'm sure he must have broken some laws if checked properly
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2010
^^ probably- but if its an international court it will be better these are the main kind of things that unicef focus on- however if there are no laws on early marriage in egypt or nigeria what exactly will he be charged for??
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by violent(m): 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2010
He's not being charged for an early marriage to the minor, he ought to be charged for child molestation and child trafficking, at the international level, the kids parent should be named in the suit as well.

All they'd probably just need is a one minute video recorded testimony from the kid about how scared she is of her captor and how she cries every night for someone to come around and save her from captivity.

That will certainly send the dude behind docks till the sun turns purple
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by Bastage: 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2010
13 yr olds have intimacy and get pregnant, so where exactly does the damage lie??

If you're so unintelligent that you have to ask that question, you're probably too unintelligent to understand the answer.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by babsmii(m): 12:15pm On Apr 29, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ probably- but if its an international court it will be better these are the main kind of things that unicef focus on- however if there are no laws on early marriage in egypt or nigeria what exactly will he be charged for??

exposing a child to an unhealthy family life,
“The outcome of this problem is disastrous to the affected little girl. A little at 13, 15 or 17 even the 18 years old depending on the kind of maturity the child has, witnesses some have stunted in growth.

“The pelvic, the female organ of this little one is never mature; never ready for the duty naturally she has to perform, which is reproduction.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by otondo55: 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2010
This is crazy of a senator.

13 over 50, imagine that !

sounds mad !
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2010
wow u gys are funny- its is actually in nigeria's child rights acts- if many of u werent soo blinded by personal opinion someone should have been able to point it out! kaii none of u can make good lawyers!! aaanyways;

It said the marriage violated Nigeria's Child Rights Act of 2003 forbidding marriage with anyone under 18. The punishment is a 500,000 naira (3,320 dollar/2,500 euro) fine or a five-year jail term, or both
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by princekevo(m): 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2010
ayettymama:

My sister, Egypt does not allow under aged marriage that is why he brought her to Nigeria, a dumping group for all mess.
Infact the first news said the Nigerian embassy refused this child entry visa to Nigeria, coz Egypt marriageable age limit is 18years. He still need to tell us how he brought this child in without the guardians of the parents and against the refusal of Nigerian embassy(Egypt) to issue this kid a visa. A child of that age requires the parants guardians to make any international trip.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2010
babsmii:

“The pelvic, the female organ of this little one is never mature; never ready for the duty naturally she has to perform, which is reproduction.

o please o please o please

ur gonna tell me its ready for a guy her age but not ready for an old man?? are there statistics to say children by older men are bigger?? o please go somewhere and u think ur intelligent- go somewhere joo let betta people talk!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2010
princekevo:

My sister, Egypt does not allow under aged marriage that is why he brought her to Nigeria, a dumping group for all mess.
Infact the first news said the Nigerian embassy refused this child entry visa to Nigeria, coz Egypt marriageable age limit is 18years. He still need to tell us how he brought this child in without the guardians of the parents and against the refusal of Nigerian embassy(Egypt) to issue this kid a visa. A child of that age requires the parants guardians to make any international trip.

that makes sense- seemings he has broken laws and cut corners, then he should be prosecuted, i was thinking if its cos a buch of people dont like it its doesnt make any sense to make a spectacle of it esp when it comes to the human rights organisations,
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by sley4life(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2010
This is foolish. What does the commandment says? Honor ur father & ur mom so that ur days will be numbered. Is this the type of dad 2 honor. This is child molestation
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by jaybee3(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2010
ayettymama:

wow u gys are funny- its is actually in nigeria's child rights acts- if many of u werent soo blinded by personal opinion someone should have been able to point it out! kaii none of u can make good lawyers!! aaanyways;

It said the marriage violated Nigeria's Child Rights Act of 2003 forbidding marriage with anyone under 18. The punishment is a 500,000 naira (3,320 dollar/2,500 euro) fine or a five-year jail term, or both
Lawyer ayettymama  wink, Won't the court have to recognise Islamic marriages before that supposedly offence becomes punishable?
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by becomricha: 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2010
So whats the big deal! Personally, I would not do what he has done, but has he really done anything wrong? Or is it the age difference that is an issue here? Is it ok then for a 16year old to get married to a 13 year old? Or is it evil for a 70 year old to get married to a 22 year old?

You there is something wrong in it as long as a woman is above 18 years, there is nothing wrong in it. . That is if the press is not telling a lie. senator yerima claim the lady is above 18 years old. Politics in nigeria is so bad that they kill themself over it. And use anything with they can find to destroy the other. Know one knows the real truth.

But age should not be a question. You can marry a young woman. even if she is more younger than you as long as they are above 18 years.  Look 90% of the men in this world, either white or black would prefer to marry a younger woman between the age of 18 to 28 than marry above 35 above. The 18 to 28 look better. So that is why you find women above 28 finding it difficult getting a husband.

18 to 28 women are the desire of 90% of men, either white or black,  even if the man is 90 years old. Go ask any man. men love to have children.  Even at 90 years old men have more children.

I have senator yerima phone number, if you want to ask him that question if she is less than 18 years.

Larry king of CNN is white and an example.  Larry king only date the young good looking women. Larry king have never dated his age, He would never date a 70 years woman. NEVER with a big N. larry king love them young, and he is white.  So men love 18 to 28 years old. Do not make the mistake. A man would rather been seen with a young woman than a 70 years. Go ask larry king of CNN. he love them young.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by teskyg: 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2010
I pity for the kid the first night Yerima pluck his xtra large dick deep into her cunt.It must have been a nightmare should would live to remember, She would have bleed profusely and ran out of blood.He is devil in disguise, he should stone to death, He is a Donkey, There is no peace for the wicked, he is restless, confused , and in a disgrace,
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2010
jay bee:

Lawyer ayettymama  wink, Won't the court have to recognise Islamic marriages before that supposedly offence becomes punishable?

*confused, thinks for 2 seconds* ahhhhhhhhhhhhh o yea jaybee thats a good one!!

ur the only person on nl that can make a good lawyer!!!! i must give Ahmad yerima ur number!!!!lolz

so does that conclude he wont be goin jail?? i mean assuming nigeria wasnt soo backwards??
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by jaybee3(m): 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2010
He def can't be charged for underage marriage but a mere lesser kidnapping charges might just do the trick.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by opata(m): 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2010
"I don't care about the issue of age since I have not violated any rule as far as Islam is concerned," he said.

"History tells us that Prophet Muhammad did marry a young girl as well. Therefore I have not contravened any law. Even if she is 13 as it is being falsely peddled around.

"If I state the age, they will still use it to smear Islam,"

"As a Muslim as I always say I consider God's law and that of his prophet above any other law,"

"I will not respect any law that contradicts that and whoever wants to sanction me for that is free to do that."

These are actual quotes (source BBC) from the man himself.

Effectively he's saying my religion allows me to be a paedophile and no Nigerian laws or constitutions (of which he is one of the custodians) can deter him.

These are the sorts of charlatans we have running the country!

I'm dissapointed in all Nairalanders (I'm especially looking at you Mistakay and Ayettymama) who have remotely suggested this crime should be overlooked !!!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by bigbish: 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2010
pls can the people that are making this noise tell us the marriageble age in the bible?

YOU GUYS ARE JUST SHOUTING CHILD ABUSE ,CHILD ABUSE,
1-WHY ARE YOU NOT CRYING CHILD ABUSE OR WHAT EVER YOU CALL IT BY YOUR VATICAN PASTORS?
2-WHY ARE YOU NOT SHOUTING OVER RAMPANT INCIDENTS OF UNWANTED PREGNANCIES AT EVEN LESS THAN 10YRS
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by jokingmary(m): 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2010
The northerners really really and really bring disgrace to Nigeria

Sharia crisis: notherners
Jos Crisis: Northerners
First Nigerian suicide bomber: Northerner
Child abuse : Norhterners etc

I keep on asking if they are really from Nigeria
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by ayettymama(f): 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2010
kidnap?? but the parents are aware?? u mean traffikin and wotnot?? but if they dont recognise sharia marriages and the child prob wasnt forced into prostitution or labour what exactly are we gonna say he did again??

opata i think ur head is not correct-wat is my own with what muhammed says they should do?? they were allowed to run sharia and now u must all face the consequences whats the point in enabling them to enforce thier pedophillic laws and crying out immorality later??- dont we have more important things to worry about?? abeg leave me joo u can lament from today till tommorow 9yr olds will still be sold in the name of muhammed and children will e raped in the name of islam

aint nothing u can do abt it!
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by princekevo(m): 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2010
jay bee:

If the court or constitution recognises the Islamic mariages is he not commiting a bigger crime by goings against the Section 33(1) of Nigerian marriage act? Mind you, he is not being charged to sharia court of law, but Nigerian court of law. And the constitution made is clear that where there is a conflict between the sharia law and the Constitution of the country, the constitution prevails.
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by jaybee3(m): 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2010
ayettymama:

kidnap?? but the parents are aware?? u mean traffikin and wotnot?? but if they dont recognise sharia marriages and the child prob wasnt forced into prostitution or labour what exactly are we gonna say he did again??

GBAM. The child holds the key to untangling of dis case. If she was married against her wish then kidnapping charges can be brought against all concerned (d paedophile and d girl's parents).
Money and status rules in naija so i seriously doubt if anything is gonna happen. I can bet you the case is going to be swept under the carpet as they usually do.  grin grin grin
Re: Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) by martinosi: 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ NO MATTER- they are still having intimacy and not getting married, it makes absolutely no difference whether its with a man the same age ar 50 yrs older, we react more to these things than we react to murder- its actually quite funny how the human mind works

Ayetta "ITK"(I TOO KNOW) Mama!!! ROFLMAO!!!

The Dumb-A** Senator is Wrong!!! Period!!! and yes the BBC Should Name
and shame the Guy, when you refuse to take responsibility at Home you
will be subject to concrete Authority from Abroad,

And if the Senator has any assets abroad ie houses etc they should be seized and
sold and the proceeds sent to help Child Molestation Charities!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Angry APC Supporters Deface PDP Billboards In Benue In Retaliation Of PDP Attack / Atiku Reacts To Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly Siege / INEC Chairman Accused Of Mounting Pressure On Rivers State REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.