Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783654 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2018
ssticks:

Congrats dear.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2018
Uzee24:

We are reviewing if you meet eligiblity requirement.

How long has your application been at this "we are reviewing your eligibility" phase?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
Still profile 7th week

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2018
Phocusjosh:
It's not vague, just that you could not convince the VO enough the need to study your intended course of study at University of Waterloo. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?, What is your overall educational goal and overall career goal?, What have you been doing (by way of employment/professional development) since the completion of your undergraduate studies and now?, How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship? (i.e. how will your skill be valuable to the Nigerian market?), i.e. briefly explain the impact of your course on your future career and your home country
6. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence?

The key reason for writing an SOP is to demonstrate to the embassy that your purpose of visiting Canada is genuine, and that you will come back to Nigeria after your studies. It has to be very persuasive and convincing. Btw, the VO knows that you might not come back to Naija... they are not idiots... what they need to be convinced about is that you would freely come back to Nigeria if you cannot legally stay in Canada anymore.

To convince the VO (visa officer):
1. you will need to be specific about what it is your Canada education would help you do once you come back to Naija. Just saying that you will come back home not convincing
2. you need to be specific about what it is about that program or its curriculum that would help you achieve your stated goals
3. you need to be specific about what it is you have done that makes you a credible applicant

Basically, you need to emphasize on what you have done and exactly what you will do when you return to Nigeria (be very clear and unambiguous about this).

Share your profile for other guru(s) to help out.

All the best in your next application.

Useful information.

Starred...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
Approval!!!

Applied: 22/04/2018
Sent emails: 09/07/2018
Passed Medical (upfront): 10/07/2018 (9am)
Approved/Passport request: 10/07/2018 (11am)
Submitted Passport: 11/07/2018
Correspondence Letter: 18/07/2018
Retrieved passport via UPS: 19/07/2018

Online route
University of Manitoba
PhD Mechanical Engineering
IGSES award of 5400CAD
Research and Teaching Assistance from supervisor (amount will definitely cover tuition and living expenses)
Resumption date: September 2018

SUBMITTED
Excluding the IMM documents, I submitted
1. Proof of Means of Financial Support
a. A brief note on my source of income and a table of content showing the following:
I. Letter of the offer of Research and Teaching Assistance from supervisor.
II. Offer letter showing the award of 5400CAD
III. Letter of financial assistance from Uncle with his Bank statements and letter of introduction from his employer.
IV. Letter of assistance and treasury bill of mother.
V. Letter of introduction from Bank and six months bank statement
VI. Letter of introduction from employer
VII. Six months pay slip showing pension amount
VIII. Will of late father (asterisked where my name appeared)
IX. Death certificate of late father
X. Front page of deed of land transfer to me.

2. DID NOT SUBMIT ANY OTHER DOCUMENT like police certificate, statement of purpose, birth certificate, masters and bachelors degree certificates (distinction and first class respectively), no transcript, no NYSC etc.
The no supporting documents got me scared because I got to see this thread after submitting, but I fired on with prayers.
Many thanks to hardy116.
Cheers!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Is your 2.2 between 3.1 to 3.4 and what course are you applying for.

Hi Bro,

My case is quite similar to Horlamidei's for which you made this response, except that i made a strong 2.2 (3.4)

What do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2018
Olayemudia:
Approval!!!

Online route
University of Manitoba
IGSES award of 5400CAD
Research and Teaching Assistance from supervisor (amount will definitely cover tuition and living expenses)

SUBMITTED
a. A brief note on my source of income and a table of content showing the following:
III. Letter of financial assistance from Uncle with his Bank statements and letter of introduction from his employer.

2. DID NOT SUBMIT ANY OTHER DOCUMENT like police certificate, statement of purpose, birth certificate, masters and bachelors degree certificates (distinction and first class respectively), no transcript, no NYSC etc.
The no supporting documents got me scared because I got to see this thread after submitting, but I fired on with prayers.
Many thanks to hardy116.
Cheers!

Congratulations dear,

Meaning they never responded until you started sending mails??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
ademcoboy:
Good news

TRV APPPROVED

I picked up my passport yesterday.

Online route
Applied May 4,
Upfront Medical
Did biometrics May 9
Medical passed June 28
Eligibility review started on July 4
Approved/Passport Request..... July 4

Master of Sustainable Forest Management
University of British Columbia, Canada.

Congrats bro!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2018
reichwolf:

Hello guys, I just recently submitted my online Canada student visa application. I thank you all for the multiple advices & the SOP reviews.
I lay the decision in the hands of the Almighty God.
Hope to share my testimony soon.

God will perfect all that concerns us

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ngunaniveren: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hello guru's in the house, I applied for study visa on 22 June via paper route and later linked my account online. I received an email today stating that I have an update. I checked my account and the message was that "you do not meet the eligibility requirement", my application has been rejected without them being specific.
My question is:
Will CIC give me a specific reason for the rejection in the near future?
My program is starting on 5th sept. 2018 at the University of Victoria. I have registered for courses orientation. What do I do?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
Congrats, I am next to testify

AKFTK:
TRV Approved after 10weeks.

AlhaduliLlah.

I'd drop my details soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
ngunaniveren:
Hello guru's in the house, I applied for study visa on 22 June via paper route and later linked my account online. I received an email today stating that I have an update. I checked my account and the message was that "you do not meet the eligibility requirement", my application has been rejected without them being specific.
My question is:
My program is starting on 5th sept. 2018 at the University of Victoria. I have registered for courses orientation. What do I do?

Sorry about the unfavourable outcome of your application. Check the last correspondence CIC sent to you online account, it ought to be there. I would advise you postpone your admission to next year as you cannot meet the September 5th resumption date when you reapply now. Also, you can apply for your GCMS note so that you can fix every grey area ticked by the VO and adequately prepare for your next application.
The Gurus will input their views.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by deboskie(m): 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
Sorry for your refusal. Don't feel defeated, pick it up from where you stopped and re-fire but not until you know the reason(s) for your refusal. I believe when you go for your passport you will get a note with it stating the generic reason(s) for your refusal. For you to know in details why you were denied, then you will have to request for your GCSM note which will allow you to be able to fully address your refusal reason(s) in your next application. You can order for your note through this link https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

ngunaniveren:
My question is:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
Phocusjosh:
It's not vague, just that you could not convince the VO enough the need to study your intended course of study at University of Waterloo. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?, What is your overall educational goal and overall career goal?, What have you been doing (by way of employment/professional development) since the completion of your undergraduate studies and now?, How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship? (i.e. how will your skill be valuable to the Nigerian market?), i.e. briefly explain the impact of your course on your future career and your home country
6. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence?

The key reason for writing an SOP is to demonstrate to the embassy that your purpose of visiting Canada is genuine, and that you will come back to Nigeria after your studies. It has to be very persuasive and convincing. Btw, the VO knows that you might not come back to Naija... they are not idiots... what they need to be convinced about is that you would freely come back to Nigeria if you cannot legally stay in Canada anymore.

To convince the VO (visa officer):
1. you will need to be specific about what it is your Canada education would help you do once you come back to Naija. Just saying that you will come back home not convincing
2. you need to be specific about what it is about that program or its curriculum that would help you achieve your stated goals
3. you need to be specific about what it is you have done that makes you a credible applicant

Basically, you need to emphasize on what you have done and exactly what you will do when you return to Nigeria (be very clear and unambiguous about this).

Share your profile for other guru(s) to help out.

All the best in your next application.

Pls I will like you to help me review my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
Anyone coming to UNB this fall? PM me �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2018
Congrats. so you chose to share this now after you have received your passport? Why now?
Olayemudia:
Approval!!!

Online route
University of Manitoba
IGSES award of 5400CAD

SUBMITTED

Many thanks to hardy116.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
Yemdogg pls can help me review my SOP? cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
Phocusjosh I can see you online pls can you help me review my SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by abestine(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
Olayemudia:
Approval!!!

Online route
University of Manitoba
IGSES award of 5400CAD

SUBMITTED

Many thanks to hardy116.
Cheers!

congrats!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ngunaniveren: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2018
joe10:

Sorry about the unfavourable outcome of your application. Check the last correspondence CIC sent to you online account, it ought to be there. I would advise you postpone your admission to next year as you cannot meet the September 5th resumption date when you reapply now. Also, you can apply for your GCMS note so that you can fix every grey area ticked by the VO and adequately prepare for your next application.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ngunaniveren: 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
deboskie:
Sorry for your refusal. Don't feel defeated, pick it up from where you stopped and re-fire but not until you know the reason(s) for your refusal. I believe when you go for your passport you will get a note with it stating the generic reason(s) for your refusal. For you to know in details why you were denied, then you will have to request for your GCSM note which will allow you to be able to fully address your refusal reason(s) in your next application. You can order for your note through this link https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Thanks alot, I can't wait to see the reasons for the denial.
I have over 9 years working experience in the civil service. I submitted my letters of employment, promotions, pension statement, bank statements, pay slips, study leave letter, C of O. Those should have served as home ties.
For proof of funds, my sponsor and I have about 27,000 CAD. The school fees for the first year is 6000 CAD+.
It is my first time travelling outside the country though.
After I see the notes, I will decide on what to do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ngunaniveren: 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2018
joe10:

I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2018
Congratulations. God wey do your own go do our own

Olayemudia:
Approval!!!

Online route
University of Manitoba
IGSES award of 5400CAD

SUBMITTED

Many thanks to hardy116.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uzee24: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
Maxihyfr:
Did u send dem a mail??
Yeah... Just did that this morning. I hope it helps expedite the process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uzee24: 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
uyplus:

How long has your application been at this "we are reviewing your eligibility" phase?

More than a month now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jephehe: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
Forumite,

Rejoice with me as my Jehovah God has actualize the meaning of my name :Jephthah meaning May God open, God has Opened.

It's was uber fast application after first denial of pgc 1year program

Applied 5th April 2018 in Lagos
Denied 30th April 2018
Reasons-
1. Insufficient financial resources( sponsored) with 30m
2. Travelling history (visited UK, US and Canada{ with valid US Canada Visa})
3. Purpose of visit

Ordered for GCMS note April 30th
GCMS received May 29th
Reviewed with Frankrobbn1 till June 11th

Second application
Self sponsored
Applied June 11, 2018
Medical call June 28th, 2018
Did medical June 29, 2018.
Passed medical July 6th, 2018.
Bought ticket July 12th 2018
Approval / correspondence letter 19th July 2018
Accommodation on the way.

Never be discouraged cic are humans.

1 year program is a sure thing never be discouraged with I hear say talks.

Showing Ontario on Aug 31st with my family.

Thanks to Jehovah God my Rock

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 8:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
Congrats. I am happy to hear this
Jephehe:
Forumite,

Rejoice with me as my Jehovah God has actualize the meaning of my name :Jephthah meaning May God open, God has Opened.

Denied 30th April 2018
Reasons-
3. Purpose of visit

GCMS received May 29th

Second application
Self sponsored
Applied June 11, 2018

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
cecechi:
i have gotten the passport, thanks everyone.

Congrats dear.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
Please i need a guru in here who would review my SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ogedadiva: 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
Wow! Under one month? Seriously? Thank Jehovah for you... This really give me more hope and faith.... Congratulations to you
Jephehe:
Forumite,

Denied 30th April 2018
Reasons-
3. Purpose of visit

GCMS received May 29th

Second application
Self sponsored
Applied June 11, 2018

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by deboskie(m): 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2018
Congratulations... Go and prosper
Jephehe:
Forumite,

Denied 30th April 2018
Reasons-
3. Purpose of visit

GCMS received May 29th

Second application
Self sponsored
Applied June 11, 2018

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2018
Big congrats! I tap into this testimony. Your profile is similar to my profile and your approval is a glimmer of hope for me.

Jephehe:
Forumite,

Denied 30th April 2018
Reasons-
3. Purpose of visit

GCMS received May 29th

Second application
Self sponsored
Applied June 11, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.