Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? (34477 Views)

Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn / Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor / Nigeria Youth Forum Gives Buhari 7 Days To Apologize Over Derogatory Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
LaudableXX:

Don't mind him. angry His links and assertions are totally wrong, from beginning to end. His claims hold no water, and are based on a falsehood of the highest order, especially the part about Moremi being one of their SE-Igbo people. Abi, is it not the same Moremi Ajasoro historical story, that we were all taught in primary school in Lagos?

Even the Olugbo of Ugbo kingdom in Ondo state has shed more light about Moremi, and the relationship she had with his people. In his own words, it is obvious that the Igbo invaders referred to in the Moremi Ajasoro story, were originally from Ugbo in present day Ondo state, and NOT aboriginals from Igbo land or Ala Igbo in the Southeast region.

Do you know how many Ugbos are in today's Igbo Land? We have Ugbokko Araba (sounds like Idi Araba, right?), Onicha (Orissa) Ugbo, Ugboba in the Olukumi speaking epicenter and counting.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by FisifunKododada: 4:52pm On Mar 18, 2018
The sky is blue...Olukunmis originate from Yorubas...you can debate from now till eternity...facts are facts.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
FisifunKododada:
The sky is blue...Olukunmis originate from Yorubas...you can debate from now till eternity...facts are facts.
Lol. In Frank Edoho's voice, "Is that your final answer?"

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by LaudableXX: 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2018
igbodefender:
Do you know how many Ugbos are in today's Igbo Land? We have Ugbokko Araba (sounds like Idi Araba, right?), Onicha (Orissa) Ugbo, Ugboba in the Olukumi speaking epicenter and counting.

Oga, keep your false claims to yourself, please! You sound more ridiculous by the minute! sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
LaudableXX:

Oga, keep your false claims to yourself, please! You sound more ridiculous by the minute! sad
But these towns exist. Just pless Google search for ya fone.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by LaudableXX: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2018
FisifunKododada:

Please see this excerpt from one of the community associations of Ugbodu, which is located in the diaspora. At least, these people should know their historical origins and their language, not so? And this article was written by an Olukumi indigene, who bears an Igbo name, yet acknowledges that their origin and language is from a Yoruba town. Wonders shall never cease! cheesy

UDU UK
Ugbodu Development Union UK branch
-| Registered Charity Information and Projects |

Ugbodu Town lies at a latitude of 6.3793200 and longitude of 6.4585900 and it has an elevation of 241 meters above sea level. It is a Yoruba speaking community based deep in the heart of Igbo speaking communities. The village is one of six villages which trace their origin to Owo town in Ondo State of Nigeria. Ugbodu consists of four villages namely, Igwisi, Idumu-Agba, Ogoza and Idumu Ogwa.

The people through interaction and centuries of living in their present location speak both Olukumi and Igbo languages. Olukumi is the Yoruba language spoken by Owo people in present day Ondo State in Nigeria. Collectively, the six Olukumi speaking towns make up what is known as Odiani clan.

Ugbodu is the place where the East of Nigeria, meets the West of Nigeria, as this town and its other Olukumi speaking communities of Delta State of Nigeria is the only place in the whole of Nigeria which speaks both the Igbo and Yoruba languages fluently as a people. It is also one of the most deprived communities in Nigeria today.

Despite this, the town boasts of many graduates in various fields. It has produced lawyers, doctors, engineers, agriculturists, scientists, and a national beauty pageant amongst others. It also boasts of a nursery school, two primary schools, one secondary school, a hospital, a post office, several churches etc.https://juanitaazubuike./ogbodu-town/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by LaudableXX: 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
igbodefender:
But these towns exist. Just pless Google search for ya fone.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Ritchiee: 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
LaudableXX:

Don't mind him. angry His links and assertions are totally wrong, from beginning to end. His claims hold no water, and are based on a falsehood of the highest order, especially the part about Moremi being one of their SE-Igbo people. Abi, is it not the same Moremi Ajasoro historical story, that we were all taught in primary school in Lagos?

Even the Olugbo of Ugbo kingdom in Ondo state has shed more light about Moremi, and the relationship she had with his people. In his own words, it is obvious that the Igbo invaders referred to in the Moremi Ajasoro story, were originally from Ugbo in present day Ondo state, and NOT aboriginals from Igbo land or Ala Igbo in the Southeast region.

Thanks jare.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Ritchiee: 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
igbodefender:

You haven't done research yet you have concluded that Uhe was never an ancient name for Ile Ife. You haven't read a book yet you have concluded that it is 'fake'.

That's the problem. You are like those people that were insisting that the world was flat when they were being told by 'revisionists' that it was in fact spherical.

Learn to have an open mind sometimes. Thank us later.

Okay,I am sorry.What is the name of the book and its author or you have a link to the book?
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2018
Ritchiee:

Okay,I am sorry.What is the name of the book and its author or you have a link to the book?
I think I posted it some pages ago on this thread.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
[quote author=LaudableXX post=65946747][/quote]

Something tells me this might be a hurriedly edited Wikipedia article. We are aware that anyone can edit Wikipedia.

Having said that, I will study it with an open mind and get back to you. Thanks.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by FisifunKododada: 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2018
LaudableXX:

Please see this excerpt from one of the community associations of Ugbodu, which is located in the diaspora. At least, these people should know their historical origins and their language, not so? And this article was written by an Olukumi indigene, who bears an Igbo name, yet acknowledges that their origin and language is from a Yoruba town. Wonders shall never cease! cheesy

Laudate - don't mind them. They also know the facts but their bigotry will not allow them to stomach the reality of a Yoruba community smack right centered in the heart of Anioma. The issue is not the history - that is settled. The issue is their hatred for Yoruba and overall bigotry.

7 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Ritchiee: 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2018
igbodefender:
I think I posted it some pages ago on this thread.
Go through your posts.Post it again,sir.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Ritchiee: 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2018
igbodefender:

Something tells me this might be a hurriedly edited Wikipedia article. We are aware that anyone can edit Wikipedia.

Having said that, I will study it with an open mind and get back to you. Thanks.

You can edit Wikipedia but the references are there.Open them.If they are a ruse,then it is balderdash.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 9jakool: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2018
GworoChewinMaga:

There is no such thing as yoruba.

Go and ask the oldest living relic in your family what they used to call themselves

Yoruba is a hausa/fulani mockery of your people.

I sha blame Ajayi Crowther for taking an arab muslim description which he got from hausa/fulanis in Nigeria as the name of your tribe.

[s]This is what this thread is all about and not about dragging tribe[/s]

I just crossed out an obvious lie. This is not about dragging tribe lol, yet you are so desperate to invent some lies to prove a victimhood that only exist in your Muslim hating brain. I mean I haven't heard of Hausa people come out on this thread to say that they invented the word Yoruba as a mockery. However, it's the Igbos who have become loud spokesmen for Hausas, when the Hausas themselves have said literally nothing.

What Arab muslim description are you talking about? I am confused. Was Yoruba invented by the Fulanis or the Hausas or the Arabs, because you seem to be mixing those three groups together? Lol I'll leave it to Igbos to narrate the history of Yoruba people. Nonsense!

The funny thing is that most popularized derogatory term in Nigeria that I know of, "nyamiri" was specially drafted by Hausas to mock you people. Maybe you should focus more on changing this perception and less on how Yoruba people got their name.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Truthcat: 8:26am On Mar 19, 2018
I didn't know you have all that.

I hope we stop fighting too, because the winner in all of this are fulani.
igbodefender:

Obatala towns of Southern Nigeria are towns found in Yoruba Land and Igbo Land that were founded fully or partially by descendants of the Obatalas of Ile Ife. They include Ugbo, Owu and Owu settlements all over Igbo Land and Yoruba Land, Ugbodu, Onicha Ugbo, Onitsha Ado, Ugbokko Araba (sounds like Idi Araba, right?), and many others.

The Obatalas were the rulers of Ile Ife before the arrival of Oduduwa The Great. They also had other titles like Oba Igbo and Osere Igbo.

Igbos and Yorubas should stop quarreling, as they have many deep linkages between them. They are twins bound togather forever, whether they like it or not. And they can do great things together.

We are currently looking into deeply of these, and would bring you more refreshing history soon.It will be well with the Igbos and Yorubas. Amen.
Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2017/05/24/the-obatala-towns-of-igbo-land-and-yoruba-land/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 19, 2018
Truthcat:
I didn't know you have all that.

I hope we stop fighting too, because the winner in all of this are fulani.

I truly wish in my heart that Igbo and Yoruba can truly become real friends like the British and the French.

They don't need to merge. Two Great Black Cultures StandingSiide By Side, complementing each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Truthcat: 9:02am On Mar 19, 2018
Amen to that!
igbodefender:

I truly wish in my heart that Igbo and Yoruba can truly become real friends like the British and the French.

They don't need to merge. Two Great Black Cultures StandingSiide By Side, complementing each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by PFRB: 11:59am On Mar 19, 2018
If we say that the Olukumi are Yoruba, then we must answer the question as to why their towns bear Igbo names and their king bears Igbo title.
We also must answer the question as to why the themselves bear Igbo names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Konquest: 12:46am On Mar 21, 2018
LaudableXX:

Guy, what are you saying? The traditional ruler of Ugbodu, is not the Odogwu. It is the Oloza. And his name is Obi Ayo Ochei Isinyemeze.

Secondly, Father which you said is 'Bami' in Olukumi language, also has the same meaning and intonation in standard Yoruba language, if I remember my Yoruba language lessons, correctly. Even the phrase which you quoted here - 'bring pure water come', in Olukumi language/dialect means exactly the same thing in Yoruba - ''mu pure water wa'. sad

Anyway, let me allow the native Yoruba speakers to give their opinion concerning this issue.

cc: Konquest, Deomelllo, Oodualover, 9jakool

^^^^^
^^^^^
@LaudableXX
I'm just seeing your post because
I've been off NL for sometime.

That guy you replied in your post
isn't making sense just as you said.

I recall reading about Ugbodu in Aniocha North
in the online version of The Nation over
7 years ago and the traditional ruler of
Ugbodu who is known as HRH
Oloza Ayo Isinyemeze said
his people were the first to arrive
in that community centuries back
when they left Benin and moved to
Esan territory. He said they are originally
of Yoruba ancestry! There was a time
they even took up some Esan/Edoid
names in addition to their Yoruba
names. All the members of the Royal
Family in Ugbodu had Yoruba names.

"Oloza" is a derivative of the Yoruba word
Oloja, a chieftaincy title for a market
leader/leader of traders. Odogwu
is not the title used in Ugbodu. It used
to be Obi of Ugbodu but it was replaced
with the title Oloza.

Onicha Ugbo is also located in Aniocha
North like the Olukunmis and they are
very close in terms of location. Dr. Ibe
Kachiku is from Onicha Ugbo and he
is the Odogwu of Onicha Ugbo.
From what I read about Onicha Ugbo,
they have Edo and Nri immigration
or ancestry as well, with Bini aristocratic
titles. I read that "Odogwu" is a derivative
of the Benin word "Odogun" which means
"head of warriors" which kind of sounds
like Olori Ogun [head of warriors] in Yoruba...
since "Ogun" means WAR in Yoruba.

Nduka Ugbade, the iconic captain of
the 1985 Under-16 Worldcup winning team
is an Olukunmi from Ugbodu. A former
Miss Nigeria who is now late is also
from Ugbodu among several prominent
indigenes.

The Ibo influence is as a result of relatively
recent acculturation in the Aniocha/Delta
North axis. The traditional ruler said this
is the reason they are giving their children
Yoruba names and also encouraging
Yoruba/Olukunmi language contests in
the article that I read online.

I read a research by 2 lecturers from
Delta State Univ in Ekpoma [one of who
has the surname of Mordi] that most communities
in Delta North were founded by people from
different ethnic groups... from Benin, Esan,
Yoruba [Olukunmis], Igalas, Nri migrants,etc.
In the PDF documents which you can
still download via Google, the research shows
that each town in Delta North knows its
history. [You can use the search terms:
"Origin of Anioma People of Delta North"].
Most of the communities in Delta North
were founded by migrants from Benin.
A massive DNA test would prove these
FACTS in the final analysis.

The people of Delta North respect one
another's history...it is some of the ill-informed
outsiders from across the east of river Niger that
go about saying that entire Delta North is of
pure Ibo origin... which is false! One of the
ill-informed boys from the S/E posted
a FALSE post on one other Website were
the charlatan said Olukunmis were "slaves"
who were captured by core Ibos which is
a pure lie as Olukunmis were NEVER enslave
by anybody in Delta North.

Olukunmi war commanders from Eko Efun
Town [Eko Efun or "white chalk" in Yoruba,
also known as Ukwu Nzu town were also actively involved in the Ekumeku war against the
BritishBritish invasion of Delta North.

ANIOMA is a relatively new acronym that
was coined by the Asaba-born 1st Republic politician, Chief Osita Osadebe around the
early 1970s.

Cc: Olu317
Check the links and download them.

http://www.eajournals.org/wp-content/uploads/The-Benin-Factor-In-The-West-Niger-Igbo-History-The-Example-Of-Ubulu-Ukwu.pdf

http://krepublishers.com/02-Journals/T%20&%20T/T%20&%20T-07-0-000-09-Web/T%20&%20T-07-1-000-09-Abst-PDF/T&T-07-1-047-09-186-Mordi-E-N/T&T-07-1-047-09-186-Mordi-E-N-Tt.pdf

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by LaudableXX: 12:49am On Mar 21, 2018
Konquest:
^^^^^
^^^^^
@LaudableXX

with the title Oloza.

indigenes.

also known as Ukwu Nzu town were also actively involved in the Ekumeku war against the

was coined by the Asaba-born 1st Republic politician, Chief Osita Osadebe around the
early 1970s.

Thank you for your contributions. Very enlightening, indeed! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Konquest: 1:28am On Mar 21, 2018
LaudableXX:

Thank you for your contributions. Very enlightening, indeed! cheesy
^^^^^
^^^^^
@LaudableXX
My pleasure... anytime. smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Klinee: 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
Konquest:

^^^^^
^^^^^
@LaudableXX

with the title Oloza.

indigenes.

early 1970s.

The traditional ruler of Ugbodu uses Odogwu title, Odogwu is purely Igbo and has nothing to do with Benin.
Those things you read online dose not actually give the reality, an in-depth explanatory of people of Ugbodu.
'Okunzu' the real pronunciation means the depot of whitechalk in Igbo language. Am not arguing if they are Igbo or Yoruba but am sure that their language is not Igbo nor Yoruba but they speak Igbo.
Truth their language is very similar to Yoruba but they answer Igbo name and do traditional Igbo culture.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by LaudableXX: 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
Klinee:
The traditional ruler of Ugbodu uses Odogwu title, Odogwu is purely Igbo and has nothing to do with Benin.
Those things you read online dose not actually give the reality, an in-depth explanatory of people of Ugbodu.
'Okunzu' the real pronunciation means the depot of whitechalk in Igbo language. Am not arguing if they are Igbo or Yoruba but am sure that their language is not Igbo nor Yoruba but they speak Igbo.
Truth their language is very similar to Yoruba but they answer Igbo name and do traditional Igbo culture.

Oga, the people who are indigenes of the place, say that their traditional ruler is an Oloza, not Odogwu. undecided Even people who went to the town to conduct investigations, later discovered it is true, and published the results of what they discovered. And you are still here, arguing. shocked Even their town's union in diaspora says that their language is Olukunmi which sounds a lot like Yoruba, despite the fact that they bear Igbo names. The reason for their Igbo names, is said to be due to the fact, that they are surrounded by Igbo neighbours. So they speak both Igbo and Olukunmi languages. Why do you find it so difficult to understand?

Oya, argue with the person who comes from Ugbodu and published this part online. In fact, her name is Juanita Azubuike. Yet, she says the indigenous language in their place in Ugbodu is Olukunmi, which is a language related to Yoruba.

UDU UK
Ugbodu Development Union UK branch
-| Registered Charity Information and Projects |

ugbodu Town lies at a latitude of 6.3793200 and longitude of 6.4585900 and it has an elevation of 241 meters above sea level. It is a Yoruba speaking community based deep in the heart of Igbo speaking communities. The village is one of six villages which trace their origin to Owo town in Ondo State of Nigeria. ugbodu consists of four villages namely, Igwisi, Idumu-Agba, Ogoza and Idumu Ogwa.

The people through interaction and centuries of living in their present location speak both Olukumi and Igbo languages. Olukumi is the Yoruba language spoken by Owo people in present day Ondo State in Nigeria. Collectively, the six Olukumi speaking towns make up what is known as Odiani clan.

Ugbodu is the place where the East of Nigeria, meets the West of Nigeria, as this town and its other Olukumi speaking communities of Delta State of Nigeria is the only place in the whole of Nigeria which speaks both the Igbo and Yoruba languages fluently as a people. It is also one of the most deprived communities in Nigeria today.

Despite this, the town boasts of many graduates in various fields. It has produced lawyers, doctors, engineers, agriculturists, scientists, and a national beauty pageant amongst others. It also boasts of a nursery school, two primary schools, one secondary school, a hospital, a post office, several churches etc.https://juanitaazubuike./ogbodu-town/

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by honeychild(f): 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=Klinee post=659361
Secondly there is no sign of Yoruba culture in their land, their names is purely Igbo, their culture is purely Igbo.
I remember visited the town Ugbodu taken a bike from Issele uku, en route Onisha uku down to Ugbodu.
I recall visiting the Paramount ruler of Ugbodu town the Odogwu of Ugbodu.
In 'Olukumi' father is refer as Bami, mother is refer to as Yami.
If I say 'mu pure water wa' means 'bring pure water come'
'Bu iji rumi' cut firewood for me
'maa ko iji ru' you people should park firewood[/quote]

Lol. And you are unaware that the bolded examples are pure Yoruba/

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by gtown: 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2018
ojukwu stop acting like u know history. The name Yoruba was given by the Songhai scholar Ahmed baba in his book and was only popularized by Hausa to refer to people of oyo. Hausa did not sack Oyo Ile the nupe did and no oba of oyo was killed. I don’t know where ipob get their history facts maybe there is an alternative facts privy only to ipob that the rest of the world doesn’t know about.
You wonder where they get their facts? They got them from hate. The nuclei in their DNA is infected with hate parasites.
Everybody that read what the idiotic P.I.G wrote would know his intention and mind set.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Konquest: 2:45am On Mar 22, 2018
Ritchiee:

Yorubas are/were adventurous, even Ugbodu town in the heart of Delta state is inhabited by Yorubas who have been "acculturated" but they know their root...

UDU UK
Ugbodu Development Union UK
branch Registered Charity
Information and Projects
Menu
Skip to content
Ugbodu Town
Ugbodu Town lies at a latitude of
6.3793200 and longitude of
6.4585900 and it has an elevation of
241 meters above sea level. It is a
Yoruba speaking community based
deep in
the heart of Igbo speaking
communities. The village is one of
six villages which trace their origin
to Owo Town in Ondo State of
Nigeria. Ugbodu consists of four
villages namely, Igwisi, Idumu-Agba,
Ogoza and
Idumu Ogwa.
The people through interaction and
centuries of living in their present
location speak both Olukumi and
Igbo languages. Olukumi is the
Yoruba language spoken by Owo
people in present day Ondo State in
Nigeria. Collectively, the six Olukumi
speaking towns make up what is
known as Odiani clan.
Ugbodu is the place where the East
of Nigeria meets the West of Nigeria
as this town and its other Olukumi
speaking communities of Delta State
of Nigeria is the only place in the
whole of Nigeria which speaks both
the Igbo and Yoruba languages
fluently as a people. It is also one of
the most deprived communities in
Nigeria today.
Despite this, the town boasts of
many graduates in various fields. It
has produced lawyers, doctors,
engineers, agriculturists, scientists,
and a national beauty pageant
amongst others. It also boasts of a
nursery school, two primary schools,
one secondary school, a hospital, a
post office, several churches etc.

https://juanitaazubuike./ogbodu-town/
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by obaaderemi: 3:14am On Mar 22, 2018
dahomey were already known to yorubas already before the Songhai scholar Ahmed baba coined the name Yoruba and was popularized by Hausa not Fulani. Read history ojukwu read ignorance will not save u lol. Please show more pain on this thread regarding the great documented Yoruba history i love it. Am out of this thread
Ahmed Baba did not coin the name. He merely recorded it.

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Bane2020: 3:41am On Mar 22, 2018
The desperation of these Yoruba vermins to attach themselves to anything with Igbo affiliation, even the so called Itsekiri they claim are offshoots of yoruba ancestry haven't identified themselves as Yorubas at any point in time,now they want to gazette their fangs into an Igbo subgroup... una feel say ranting online sure pass, let any useless Yoruba go tell the Olukunmi people they are Yorubas if dem born am well,your dirty yoruba a.s.s will be lynched .. those people have been totally absorbed and acculturated into the Igbo mainstream culture, and any trace of yoruba DNA residues in them are as negligibly low and extinct as it could get... Awon oloshi ... good thing the Olukunmi people are tucked away in Igbo dominated enclaves.

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by MightySparrow: 3:52am On Mar 22, 2018
ojukwu stop acting like u know history. The name Yoruba was given by the Songhai scholar Ahmed baba in his book and was only popularized by Hausa to refer to people of oyo. Hausa did not sack Oyo Ile the nupe did and no oba of oyo was killed. I don’t know where ipob get their history facts maybe there is an alternative facts privy only to ipob that the rest of the world doesn’t know about.
Bro. you should not have answered the 'were'. This must one of on known descent from tribe of both Israel and Nigeria.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by MightySparrow: 4:06am On Mar 22, 2018
how is Oyoroba a mockery according to the osu lol
It was said that bishop Ajayi Crowther taught ibos how to read and write their language. The teeth given to them are now used to bite his race, there is God o.

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by bigfrancis21: 3:15am On Mar 28, 2018
Klinee:

You seem to be right. I was watching this recent video about a burial in Ugbodu. From the language of mass recital to the language of communication in Ugbodu, they all speak Igbo. However, some do speak Olukwumi as well, in addition to Igbo, but the reality from the video is quite different from what is portrayed online. I also noticed that at some points in the video, a few people spoke Olukwumi but not everyone responds and they all seem to respond in unison if speaking Igbo. Maybe some understand but are not fluent enough in speaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Ha4KCGBJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb2UeqGgR6c

If I may ask, how well do you understand Olukwumi?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Tinubu, Cabal And Southern Politicians / DSS Arrests Benjamin Fakunle At Retirement Party / Biafra Day Celebration Turns Bloody In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.