Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? (34537 Views)

Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn / Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor / Nigeria Youth Forum Gives Buhari 7 Days To Apologize Over Derogatory Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 12Monkeys: 8:55am On Feb 07, 2020
yoruba name was given by the Songhai scholar Ahmed baba not Hausa and even Hausa ipob youth accuse of being illiterate know this but somehow osu that are not illiterate doesn’t know. Makes me wonder who really is the illiterate

And you adopted this same name without question?

Yaribanza

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 12Monkeys: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2020
bigfrancis21:
scholes0 and FisifunKododada,

I am interested in this interesting question. You both seem to always have a Yoruba origin for most popular Nigerian words, yet the very name of your tribe itself has no meaning of its own? I can't believe this is true. Please tell us, what does Yoruba mean in Yoruba language?

It means deceitful bastard
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by GBTYO: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
Alexbells see this thread on the real origins of the word Yoruba .
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by AlexBells(m): 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:
Alexbells see this thread on the real origins of the word Yoruba .

Does the Origin matter or what it had evolved to become, last time I checked that's the name of a tribe in the west of a country in West Africa
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by GBTYO: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

Does the Origin matter or what it had evolved to become, last time I checked that's the name of a tribe in the west of a country in West Africa

Idiot, why are you then bent on knowing my ethnicity ?
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by GBTYO: 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

Common get out, you wish you were Osu, I Wonder who dey give you wetin you dey smoke lol

Created another gay thread for you to ass vent on .

See my topics for how NAMBLA is honoring SE Biastard as the most gay friendly place in Africa.

Stop taking dik up your arse .
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by KwaraRat: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2020
Igbos are also slave commodities

See yamri
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by JudasPriest: 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2021
Even the name they call themselves with pride is a insult from the fulani.

Yaribanza people are a very rare breed of idiocy.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Simbrixton(m): 1:34am On Apr 02, 2021
Klinee:
Am not saying that 'Olukumi' people are Igbo but my observation there, their cultural activities affiliate towards Igbo maybe because of proximal acculturation to aniocha people of Delta state.
But from a little I can understand in 'Olukumi' language is more of Igala language than Yoruba.
hahahahaha jokes
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by TheSupleemLeada(m): 2:46am On Apr 02, 2021
We named you guys.... Nnamdi Azikiwe just covered it up via revisionist history.

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by KwaraRat: 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2021
Bump .

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Attack Viewing Center In Borno, 30 Dead, Many Injured / Gulak Was Warned Against Going To Owerri But He Said ‘We Are All Nigerians’ / Fayose, Obanikoro Clashed Over Arms Cash – Aluko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.